Antares (alpha Scorpii) 15°01' Sco

Q&A and discussion on Fixed Stars
Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Antares (alpha Scorpii) 15°01' Sco

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:45 pm

Harvesting Ebertin...

Cor Scorpii, "the heart of the scorpion," or Antares, "Mars' rival." Ebertin credits a martial nature but with "powers of Mercury, Jupiter, and also of Saturn" added.

"Antares makes people tough, belligerent, and pugnacious. This is an important star for military personnel, and is said to convey mental alertness, strategic ability, and courage to make dare-devils, especially if tied up with the Meridian, Ascendant, Sun, or Jupiter."

With Mars, "courage is said to become foolhardiness leading to increased dangers. Natives... have to be prepared at all times for sudden incidents and unforeseen events and potential accidents. According to tradition, Antares is of violent character and is credited with being significant for a violent death, either in battle or by process of law. On the other hand, danger may come about by fire, weapons, or machinery." Also, "said to be unfortunate for the eyes, if in conjunction with Ascendant, Moon, or Sun," and he says this has been "proven."

For examples he gives Gandhi (Asc), Hellen Keller, Bormann (MC), Churchill (Sun) Goering (Sun), Copernicus (Moon), and others.

Because Antares is exactly opposite Aldebaran, I consider only the conjunction:

Sun in conjunction: Bette Midler, Woody Allen, Aaron Rogers

Moon in conjunction: Bob Geldof, Michael Jordan
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Re: Antares (alpha Scorpii) 15°01' Sco

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:26 pm

Ptolemy considered Antares' nature to be "the same as Mars and, to some degree, Jupiter." It has seemed to me more likely a pure Mars influence - as much a quintessence of Scorpio as Regulus is of Leo (and it seems strange that Aldebaran would be only Mars-like while Antares is Mrs + Jupiter).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Examples

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:58 am

President James Garfield was fatally shot with Ascendant square the Aldebaran-Antares axis.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Soft Alpaca
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Soft Alpaca » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:16 am

My moon is square this axis in my natal chart im I'm correct I believe it's a tighter square than to Pluto.

Would this have any effect on the Moon?

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:27 am

Beanies+Bad habits wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:16 am
My moon is square this axis in my natal chart im I'm correct I believe it's a tighter square than to Pluto.

Would this have any effect on the Moon?
Fixed stars remain experimental in general but, if we consent (for the sake of argument) that they have value, it isn't at all clear that they are responsive to the square. I recommend looking only at conjunctions and, to a lesser extent, at oppositions while we are determining what, if any, meaning they have.

But it's a good question.

If we were more certain of your birth time, I could give you stars connected to your angle; but there still seems to be some doubt about the time. (You'll laugh, I'm sure, when I tell you that, for 7:29, the two that are closest to your angles are both of the nature of Jupiter <g>.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Soft Alpaca
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Soft Alpaca » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:36 am

Jupiter does describe me well in certain ways, I wont lie about how ambitious I can be at times. I just feel so dark (not edgy or cool, just kind of like a thunder cloud) which seems ironic with all the Jupiter in my chart.

What are the name if those stars anyway Jim. Out of pure curiosity.

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:01 am

Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:36 am
What are the name if those stars anyway Jim. Out of pure curiosity.
For 7:29 AM you would have the Galactic Center rising and Achernar on IC.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Soft Alpaca
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Soft Alpaca » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:12 am

Thanks Jim. Dirah or Tejat Posterior (Black Foot?) opposes my Sun too I believe, is there a place where I can further read on this star?

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:28 am

Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:12 am
Thanks Jim. Dirah or Tejat Posterior (Black Foot?) opposes my Sun too I believe, is there a place where I can further read on this star?
I don't know. You could try Google though I can't vouch for the results.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com