Rasalhague (Alpha Ophiuchi) - 27°42' Scorpio

Q&A and discussion on Fixed Stars
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Rasalhague (Alpha Ophiuchi) - 27°42' Scorpio

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:52 pm

The brightest star in the constellation Ophiuchus, the serpent-bearer (2nd magnitude), Ras Al-hague literally means "head of the snake charmer." I have seen a couple of examples of crowd-moving, masses-stirring demagoguery with luminary contacts with the star that move me to understand this as "Head Snake Charmer" in a sense resembling "Pied Piper."

This is not entirely at odds with Ptolemy's assessment, which is that the star is of the nature of "Saturn and, to some extent, Venus," which I take as inferring charm is added to a basic controlling Saturn nature.

Ebertin echoes the Saturn characterization with "some of the undesirable Venus qualities" and "Neptunian tendencies." He says this
Ebertin wrote:[makes] the native especially prone to infectious contamination caused by toxins. People thus influenced are easy going in use of medical drugs, hallucinatory drugs, stimulating foodstuffs, too much good living, and overindulgence of tobacco and alcoholic drinks. There is danger of insect bites, snake bites, or assault from infuriated animals, or rabies smitten dogs.
He asserts unusual proneness to infections including epidemics if Moon, Mars, or Neptune aspects the star. However,
Ebertin wrote:there are supposedly higher influences attributed... though only very few people are able to attune themselves to these influences.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Rasalhague (Alpha Ophiuchi) - 27°42' Scorpio

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:15 pm

For Sun conjunct Rasalhague, besides Aurora, Colorado murderer James Holmes, we have music from Hector Berlios and Dionne Warwick and the mix of actor Patty Duke, astrological genius Elbert Benjamine, and King George VI.

My Moon conjunct Rasalhague list is longer, and seems heavy on the arts including music; yet there is something nefarious (or at least the image of nefarious) about most of them that might just be the Scorpio Moon or might be something further. (I take some forms of music entertainment as akin to the "snake charmer" effect I observed above.) Consider Vincent Van Gogh, sculptor John Henning, and painter and sculptor Xul Solar; in music Adele and Alice Cooper; a mix of characters including Amanda Knox, Al Pacino, and Australian astrologer (and wife of the brilliant and insane pianist, David Helfgott) Gilliam Helfgott. Politicians range from Rev. Al Sharpton to King Willem Alexander of Netherlands and his mother Prince Beatrice, the French revolutionary figure Elie Guadet, and of course Donald Trump. Finally, no one ties into the "poison" character more clearly than biologist Sir Alexander Fleming who invented the first antibiotic!
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Rasalhague (Alpha Ophiuchi) - 27°42' Scorpio

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:51 am

The moment the 2011 Oslo attacks were triggered by a bomb exploding, Regulus was exactly on Midheaven and Rasalhague exactly rising.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com