Vega (Alpha Lyrae) 20°35' Sag

Q&A and discussion on Fixed Stars
Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Vega (Alpha Lyrae) 20°35' Sag

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:49 pm

Harvesting Ebertin...

Lit., "The Falling Eagle," brightest fixed star in the northern sky. Babylonians called it, "Star of the Queen of Life," he says.

"Venus nature with a blend of Neptune and Mercury." Gives artistic talent, "especially for music and acting, but also a liking for good living." With benefics, it "paves the way to riches and fame," but with malefics the wealth "may be lost again." On angles, "high success is promised." The examples sound to me like an all-round Venus-Jupiter blend.

Sun conjunct or opposite: Della Reese, Jeanne Dixon, Merv Griffin, Ringo Starr, Robert Duvall, Frida Kahlo, Pres. George W. Bush, Pres. Calvin Coolidge. [Several of these deserve the title "luckiest dude alive!"]

Moon conjunct or opposite: Aaron Spelling, Johnny Carson, Lee Harvey Oswald, Bhagwat Sri Rajneesh, King George III
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Re: Vega (alpha Lyrae) 20°35' Sag

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:39 pm

Ptolemy characterized all the stars in Lyra as like Venus and Mercury in character. I have always thought it had a distinct relationship to the fine arts.

Manilius gives a compatible view of Lyra overall:
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=1647&p=10489#p10489
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Avshalom Binyamin
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:07 pm

Conjunctions/oppositions only, or do you think squares have an effect? :D

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:41 pm

Avshalom Binyamin wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:07 pm
Conjunctions/oppositions only, or do you think squares have an effect? :D
I'm even questioning oppositions; at least, I don't think I should try to derive meanings from observing observations unless a striking case presents itself.

Others would allow squares. I've tended to say in the past that conjunctions and oppositions are valid unless it thus activates two stars at once (e.g., you can't have a conjunction with Antares AND an opposition with Aldebaran). The same principle could be taken to thin the squares, allowing it (speculatively) if there is no star conjunct or opposite. (And, of course, there are a lot more stars than the 50 I have here, but I've tried to concentrate on the brightest, and then the brightest within a given constellation, to give the best test pool.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Veronica
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent
Re: Vega (Alpha Lyrae) 20°35' Sag

Post by Veronica » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:56 pm

My Venus is conjunct this star. I have deeply resonated with the mythos of Venus/Aphrodite most of my life. I do have a deep love and appreciation of music art and theater.

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:04 pm

Veronica wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:56 pm
My Venus is conjunct this star. I have deeply resonated with the mythos of Venus/Aphrodite most of my life. I do have a deep love and appreciation of music art and theater.
Thanks, yes, it certainly is: Your Venus is 0°16' from conjunct Vega.

In fact, your chart is quite heavily connected to this star list: Moon conjunct Beta Scorpii (and MC square it), Sun with opposition or square to three major stars, Venus as mentioned, Mars conjunct Alpha Herculi (Ras Algethi).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Venus_Daily
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Venus_Daily » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:37 pm

Veronica wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:56 pm
Hmm..., my natal moon is conjunct Vega. Although I don't have a heavy affinity to art and theater, I do love music and too identify with the mythos of Venus/Aphrodite....especially the feminity.

Veronica
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Veronica » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:07 pm

This article provides some very interesting facts and details about Vega. I was espicially interested in the historical facts about its magnitude and its projected increase due to the fact that we are drawing closer to it and one day it will again be the brightest star.

https://www.constellation-guide.com/con ... tellation/

This site seems very detailed with accurate current information and a good resource for all the stars.

Venus_Daily
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Venus_Daily » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:08 pm

Thanks for that info Veronica :D