LQ testing

Reserved for posted interpretation resources for Sidereal solar & lunar rReturns. Please direct discussions to one of the other Solar & Lunar Returns discussion sub-forums.
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
LQ testing

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:58 am

Since I'm watching, in my own chart, the progress of what I've called the LQ - Lunar Quotidian (a Q2 progression of the SLR) - I should probably do something larger and more objective, like test it across one of my data sample sets.

So far, with only a few of these hits passing, it has seemed to me that they have all coincided with something distinctive on the day in question (e.g., the best was a Jupiter angularity with a positive work review and an appreciated [but still small] raise) - they were much more distinctive than the usual quotidian (SNQ, SQ, PSSR) hits - but none of them were gigantic events. Therefore, were I to (prematurely) offer an assessment it would be that the system probably works, but I'm not sure how valuable it is. (It may turn out not to be valid at all - hence the testing.)

One of my favorite test collections is a set of people who were at the center of the hundreds of mundane events studied in Sidereal Mundane Astrology. I'll run the LQ for each of these and record below what I find.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: LQ testing

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:06 am

Let's start with a few deaths - usually good for strong chart performance.

PRES. WILLIAM McKINLEY MURDERED. Shot and died nine days apart under the same SLR. When he was shot, LQ Asc op. SLR Pluto (14'), t Pluto (10'); LQ EP on SLR Saturn 08', t Saturn 19'. Yowsa, other than adding a Mars, it doesn't get much better than that! - For his death, LQ MC op. natal Pluto 05'. Also LQ Asc sq. r Uranus 28'. This is a really good example! {+3}

PRES. WARREN G. HARDING DIED. A mix. The weakening condition shows, but also some really positive things. LQ MC on SLR Neptune 53', t Neptune 02'. LQ Asc on t Jupiter 21', r Sun 46'. (The SLR itself was much clearer.) I give the LQ {-1}.

PRES. JOHN F. KENNEDY MURDERED. Nothing at all for Dallas unless you count natal Eris. (One would think a quotidian should always show for where the event actually occurs.) Relocating to Washington, we also get nothing. {0}

PRES. JAMES A. GARFIELD SHOT. Nothing.
PRES. JAMES A. GARFIELD DIED. LQ MC sq. r Neptune 20'. LQ Asc sq. SLR Mercury 08'. The Neptune is an adequate showing for his eventually failing health, but not exciting. {+1}

PRES. FRANKLIN D. ROOSEVELT DIED. Nothing for Warm Springs, where it occurred. If I move it back to Washington, some key things close to angles, but nothing gets close enough. {0}

PRES. ABRAHAM LINCOLN DIED. This seems quite poor. I'm using the time of death (7:22 AM the morning after he was shot), but these angles move about 1°/day so it's essentially the same as for the shooting. LQ Asc op. SLR Jupiter 03', t Jupiter 46'. Q MC is in the vicinity of sq. natal Saturn or Neptune, so a slightly different birth time could change the outcome, but for the exact "sunup" time the score is {-2}. - NB: The SLR had a partile middleground Mars-Uranus conjunction that LQ Asc had passed by 3°, putting Jupiters on the angles instead.

GUS GRISSON KILLED IN APOLLO 1 FIRE. LQ Asc = t Mercury 35'. LQ EP op. r Neptune 18'. I suppose the Neptune gets it some small credit, though Mars and Saturn were a few degrees off angles. If his birth time is off by as much 20-30 minutes it would by much better. Begrudgingly, I score it {+1}.

ROGER CHAFFEE KILLED IN APOLLO 1 FIRE. LQ MC = SLR Pluto 32', t Pluto 30'. {+2}

EDWARD WHITE KILLED IN APOLLO 1 FIRE. LQ EP = t Jupiter 08'. If his birth time were a minute or two later, it would have put natal Mars within 1° of LQ Ascendant. {-1}

SEN. ROBERT F. KENNEDY MURDERED. This was a complex event because the murder came amidst the fresh celebration of a gigantic win; so we need some allowance for this. We find LQ MC sq. t Venus 46', LQ Asc = r Sun 42', sq. t Jupiter 39' (t Jupiter sq. r Sun 03'). This shows his win in the California primary exceptionally well and doesn't show the death at all. I won't score this one.

MOHANDAS GANDHI MURDERED. LQ MC 26°51' captures the essential transits of the event: Gandhi's natal Moon-Mercury-Jupiter-Mars (+Pluto) Grand Squared was transited by Saturn - all fell within 1° of the LQ angles. {+2 or better}

MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. MURDERED LQ Asc = SLR Sun 61'. Interesting but ambiguous. {0}

HARVEY MILK MURDERED. The key pair (all over the transits and return charts) for this murder is a Mars-Neptune conjunction. This falls at least partly on the LQ angles also: LQ Asc op. SLR Neptune 22', t Neptune 16' (t Mars 1°33'). {+2}

MAYOR GEORGE MOSCONE MURDERED. The same Mars-Neptune was basic to Moscone's murder at the same time - all over his charts - but does not show on LQ angles. Instead, we get: LQ MC sq. SLR Pluto 19', t Pluto 26'. {+2}

PRINCESS DIANA DIED. LQ Asc = t Mars 08'. LQ MC = r Uranus 31'. {+3}

CHRISTA McAULIFFE DIED IN CHALLENGER EXPLOSION. LQ MC sq. SLR Mars 02', t Mars 47'. [Natal Saturn 1°32' off MC, outside the orb I'm checking.] {+3}
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:04 am

These death examples are quite interesting. Some of them are really stunning. A few are mediocre and a few are outright contradictions (but not too many). This gives enough encouragement to keep looking.

The scores tally as follows:

+3: * * *
+2: * * * *
+1: * *
+0: * * * *
-1: * *
-2: *
-3:

A few things are evident from these few examples. Overall, the scores bias toward positive, with strong showing for +2 and +3 than for the "I guess they get a point for barely showing something" +1.

Several score 0. Mostly these are where nothing showed. If we don't penalize the chart for just not happening to be the particular chart that showed something on this occasion, ignoring the Zero row, then the plus vs. minus preference is even more pronounced. Nonetheless, we might expect any sufficiently important technique to show events of this magnitude.

+3: * * *
+2: * * * *
+1: * *
--------------
-1: * *
-2: *
-3:

Finally, though there are few negative scores, they should bother us a bit.

In any case, this is encouraging enough to keep looking.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:18 am

Checking other events:

RICHARD SPECK FOR HIS GHASTLY MURDERS. LQ MC = t Mercury 20' {0}

PRES. RICHARD NIXON'S RESIGNATION. Nothing.

LEE HARVEY OSWALD FOR JFK ASSASSINATION. LQ MC sq. t Mars 38'. LQ EP = t Venus 01'. {+1}

JOHN GLENN FOR FRIENDSHIP 7 LIFTOFF. LQ EP op. r Moon. Several things are in the vicinity of angles (either side), close enough to easily count in a lunar return e.g., but not close enough to count here. {0}

JIM JONES FOR JONESTOWN MASSACRE. If the even-hour birth time is even a few minutes off, SLR Mars and natal Neptune come to angles, which is exactly right! I can't give points since they don't appear, but I'll not score this and state that I think it was probably very good.

VICE PRESIDENT GERALD FORD FOR PRES. NIXON'S RESIGNATION (became president). Generally, Ford's birth time is regarded as being quite exact. If it were a few minutes later, this would put SLR Sun on MC, but we can't count that. Nothing is exactly on angles. {0}

GOV. GEORGE W. BUSH FOR BUSH v. GORE DECISION. LQ MC sq. SLR Mercury 58'. Transiting Venus is 2°+ from an angle, but that's too far. {0}

VICE PRESIDENT AL GORE FOR BUSH v. GORE DECISION. LQ EP = t Jupiter 06'. {-2}

CHARLES WHITMAN FOR HIS AUSTIN TOWER MURDERS. If orbs were a little larger, transiting Mars would be on an angle - but so would several benefics. With a partile expectation, nothing is angular. {0}

These are nearly ALL disappointing. It's a stunning contrast to the death events above. These examples are all significant enough events and, by themselves, would lead to the conclusion that there is absolutely nothing to the LQ method.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:47 am

Finally, a series of events for the British royal family.

PRINCESS ELIZABETH FOR HER WEDDING. LQ Asc = SLR Uranus 35'. LQ EP op. r Saturn 36'. {+1}

QUEEN ELIZABETH FOR HER CORONATION. LQ MC = SLR Venus 66'. LQ EP = SLR Uranus 46'. Interestingly, LQ Asc is at the exaltation degree of Jupiter. Allowing the Venus orb because events went on all day as the angle moved into closer conjunction. {+1}

QUEEN ELIZABETH II FOR PRINCE CHARLES' WEDDING. LQ EP op. SLR Neptune 26', t Neptune 07'. {+2}

PRINCE CHARLES FOR HIS WEDDING. LQ Asc sq. SLR Neptune 15', t Neptune 09', r Mars 51'.

PRINCESS DIANA FOR HER WEDDING. Despite her stunning, amazing SLR, the LQ falls short - mostly by a couple of degrees, since MC 2° later would put Venus on MC. But it's not there. Nothing is angular. {0}

KING EDWARD VIII FOR HIS ABDICATION RADIO ANNOUNCEMENT. LQ Asc sq. t Mars 34'. {+1}

KING EDWARD VII FOR HIS CORONATION. LQ MC = t Mars 50', SLR Mars 32'. I could read this either way. {0}

Again, these events, for the most part, are stunningly pathetic and unhelpful in contrast to the first set (death examples) above.

I guess there is nothing left but to watch these progressions day by day for a while.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com