Relocation & travel of forum members

General discussion. What do you want to talk about?
Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Re: Relocation & travel of forum members

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:27 am

Arena wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:05 am
That means my original natal relocated to Costa Rica has the Sun within 5° from DSC and Moon within 5° from IC whereas the directed chart would have the d. Sun partile the d. DSC...
There is some calculation error here. By definition, the ecliptical distance from natal Sun to natal Descendant will always be exactly the same as the ecliptical distance from solar arc Sun to solar arc Descendant.

Using San Jose, Costa Rica as the working location, your natal chart has Sun 16°22' Cancer, San Jose Descendant 12°26' Cancer. For today (right now), your Solar Arc Sun is 1°42' Virgo, Solar Arc Descendant for San Jose 27°46' Leo.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:16 am

My sentence should maybe have been explained with one being measured mundanely and the other (solar arc) is ecliptic. Simply casting a relocated chart to CR with my natal it gives the mundane position of the Sun between 4-5° from DSC depending on location... although it comes as close as 3,43° from DSC in San Jose. But I do get a different solar arc DSC than what you do. If I direct my natal chart to July 8th 2019 and then relocate it to San Jose, Costa Rica I get Sun at 1,42°Virgo and DSC at 3,40° Virgo.

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:07 am

Ah, got it. That's the problem.

You have to relocate it first, then take the solar arc of that. The method SF uses for calculating relocation will screw it up otherwise.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:16 am

I see. I simply assumed SF would do the calculations in the same way with the two approaches.
When I relocate first I see the following:

Edinburgh
D. Saturn has been on l. IC and d. MC is in 1°orb with n. Saturn, no wonder it's been depressive for a long while.
Continued living in Edinburgh will mean that the d. Saturn to IC moves out of the 2° orb and the d. Neptune out of 1° orb in summer 2020 but then the d. MC will still be partile sq n. Saturn. For the d. Nep to be out of 2° and d. MC to be out of 1° orb it will take 2 years from now. I am not sure it is a healthy environment for me, unless the SSR's really help alleviate that heavy burden. The next two years SSRs in Edinburgh do seem to be very positive with Jupiter, Venus and Moon themes as I see it ...although I do fear that period when Saturn and Pluto are going to conjunct the n. Nnode which is usually connected with family and close relationships. I noticed they will be opposing my father's n. Sun at the same time.

Costa Rica
POF is partile conjunct l. MC.
D. ASC has been moving out of 3° orb with n. Saturn ... so I guess in the safe zone now....but that d. ASC would have t. Neptune back and forth in its vicinity it for a long while.
D. Pluto has moved out of the 1° intense orb and is 1,38° from l. MC. (I think the orb is wider than 1°... so this is still an active conjunction).
However, the plus is that d. MC is exact on n. Jupiter right now....so maybe this is a good place to spend a few months.

Portugal
L. MC partile conjunct n. Nodes.
D. ASC partile conjunct both n. Venus and n. Jupiter and 1,39° from sq n. Pluto.
D. Venus partile sq. l. ASC.
Att. d. Saturn is moving into orb with the l. POF.

Both Portugal and Costa Rica seem like they could be good places with these solar arcs.
I feel drawn to both places.

However, the 2019 SSR looks a lot better in Portugal where the Sun-Venus conjunction wraps around the SSR IC over there....but it will still have n. Neptune on the SSR DSC.

The SSR in CR will have Mars partile the DSC and Mars forms the midpoint in a yod with Nep and Pluto. N. Mars is also in that vicinity. Perhaps that's ok if I would be helping to build houses as I would like to ... but it could also bring out other aspects of Mars aggression.
This SSR will also have the SSR Venus on l. DSC and that Sun-Venus conjunction is wrapped around the l. WP. So I guess that is also a good place to be :)

Maybe I will simply visit both places within this SSR.