Thoughts by James Condor

General discussion. What do you want to talk about?
James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member
Re: Thoughts by James Condor

Post by James Condor » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:17 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:40 am
Agreed FWIW. And I appreciate you giving us a view from "inside" the Sagittarian reality.
It is worth it to have you agree. No problem. If I can give more sometime I will.

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:26 pm

This might be a Venus thing because it has to do with talking to girls. But could also be anything else in my chart.
I have this thing, and have had it at times, a habit or trait of not being able to talk to woman, or any person, at the gym because I see them all the time and want to work out in peace and focus on the task at hand. But, I also have the urge to flirt the entire time. It's like I am afraid that my gym time will be tainted. Or, next time I see the person of interest, I will not know how to 'touch and go .' If we exchange numbers it would be weird next time we see each other, especially if we hadn't used contacted via phone.

I think I was like this, or still am, at work and pretty much all other places except bars and college. College was different I think because there were so many people and I had more options outside of routine places like classes, dorms, etc. and liquid courage I suppose. My friends say I have 'balls' because I talk to woman so easily at bars after a few drinks. I ask them to dance. I ask them to hang out. For their number if I feel it.

The urge is strong. Whenever I see this girl I have a crush on, I talk myself out of it. I don't put myself out there but have a strong urge to. I make excuses. "I am afraid she is too young", I say. "We might not be compatible. It will be awkward if we do become friends/mates".

I am afraid too of being honest or mean or egotistical and having people talk about me behind my back. Afraid of coming on too strong then feeling like a stalker creep though I wouldn't be stalking but just at the gym I go to.
Last edited by James Condor on Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:47 am, edited 6 times in total.

Avshalom Binyamin
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:14 pm

That could be a Sag striving to be one's best. Or it could be a Saturn quality of inhibition.

I've had similar dynamics, which in my chart I chalk up to a combo of Virgo Sun-Moon bashfulness, and angular Saturn inhibition/inferiority complex.

I still have it as a 38-year-old, and I don't intend to substantially change it, because, like you I think it's kind of gross that women should be subjected to being hit on all the time by men.

But as I've gotten older, I've become more courageous and observant, and less inhibited/"shy", so while I don't go around hitting on people, I am more able to discern when the attraction is reciprocated, and more willing to follow up on that energy (respectfully).

FWIW, I think shy people blossom late and get more attractive with age.

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:55 am

Avshalom Binyamin wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:14 pm
so while I don't go around hitting on people, I am more able to discern when the attraction is reciprocated, and more willing to follow up on that energy (respectfully).

I get the impression you think I am 'hitting on people" and/ or you are sensitive to something along these lines. Sensitive to respect and sex roles or sexism. Am I right? But, I also like your approach.I think your approach is better than a disrespectful one which is discerned by the parties involved and their own personal views. I mean I have seen people being hit on in an inauthentic cheesy way. In an egotistical pretend macho way. And I feel bad for the suckers.

Avshalom Binyamin
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:13 pm

No, I got the impression that you don't hit on people.

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:01 am

Alright

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:20 am

Last night I began writing down my natal planet sign positions and natal aspects in order to see how many times each of the planets appeared. For example my Sun in Sagittarius has sextile Saturn in Libra= Sun-Jupiter. (Sun in Sagittarius), Sun-Saturn(again, Libra) Jupiter-Saturn, Jupiter-Venus (Sag+Libra) Based on this method. Is this a good idea? And would I treat my foreground Moon and Mars as Sun+Moon, Sun +Mars.? Or as Sun-Moon,Sun-Mars?
So, I found allot of Jupiter(not a surprise)and more Saturn than I expected. Besides a good exercise, how worth it to do for legitimacy and practicality.
P.S. I don't think of these as aspects per se based on established knowledge.

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:07 am

How did I first hear or see astrology? I don’t remember the exact example, day, but it wasn’t past down to me through anyone I knew, like friends, family, school, church...
I read about in the papers and /or heard about it in songs. Then I looked in books (all tropical). Then I read skepticism on it. Like any other religion or belief system, I didn’t necessarily accept it all completely.
I didn’t and don’t know why or how anyone can ignore opposing beliefs that are just as relevant as held beliefs when it comes to things we can’t see. Bigfoot. Ghosts. Gods. Lockness. Aliens. Ect. I get the intrigue but to honestly tell yourself and act as if you know something that isn’t proven. Then I noticed allot of things we blindly except, but don’t see like gravity and atoms, genes. These can be proven. Our knowledge of science can change. But people agree on it until something else is discovered.
Astrology, religion, and other pseudoscience cannot be proven, are not agreed upon and our tax dollars don’t pay a cent for. Practical matters make sense.
Another thing Is if Milky Way planets influence human behavior then what’s influencing the Milky Way? The list won’t stop.
And if fixed stars in a particular constellation have opposing traits, then what’s the point of Sun is exalted in Aries? Some fixed stars in Aries could have moon quality. So what’s the point? Besides having an impractical hobby, what’s the point of this? Even a trivial board game is more tangible.
Any judge/jury would find an astrologer guilty of speculating. Especially if the defendant was lying under oath. How many people would agree with the defense that planets have powers over us? The prosecution could bring in a professional astrologer of another branch as the defense and it’d be a mess.
I think we need to first learn about the individual before telling he/she their chart information. We need to ask profile questions first to see if they match the data it the other way around like it is here. Here we have been giving people a very general idea based on past data. Why not find out the individuals hobbies, interests, and much more detailed information first. And if it doesn’t match the collected data then the data isn’t accurate. It’s that simple. The individual can’t be wrong answering the question about their self.
Last edited by James Condor on Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:55 am

For me
The point in my life
Is self understanding
And self mastery
And I will use
Any and all
Tools
To fulfill my inner need for organizing and meaning

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:48 am

I walk deep in the woods a lot.
I look for what are called Mother Trees.
The biggest trees.

I found one once and like always I took a picture of it.
It was a misty day and the sun was setting.
It was a beautiful tree.

When I got home
I looked at the picture and my heart skipped a beat.
It was the strangest thing I ever saw
Beside the Unicorn.
I call it the ghost tree.

In the photo
Somehow
You can see the branches that are behind the front of the tree. Its almost as if they were superimposed over the front of the tree.

I wish I could post it and show you.
But you can clearly see how a branch that shoots off in one direction and goes behind the tree, is visible.

My naked eyes didnt see that.
My muscles in my eyes and the conditioning in my vrain didnt process that information.
But the camera
With no preconceived processing of information, no filters or restrictions captured the ubderlaying physics of the water vapor and the sunlight to reflect what was happening at that moment.

Our ability to percieve and process and use infirmation is an ongoing evolution. There is so much out there that we do not have tge means yet to see and order and give meaning to.

Thats astrology
The quest to expand our senses and grow so we can process more and more of the ever changing environment.

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:01 am

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vjJKsanq89kqKQsk9

Dont know if that link will work but naybe

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:36 pm

That is an interesting photo. I agree with you, we can only sense so much of the actual world/universe and it is indeed an ongoing evolution or a work in progress

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:52 am

Veronica wrote:
There is so much out there that we do not have the means yet to see and order and give meaning to.
So true V.

Veronica wrote:
Thats astrology
The quest to expand our senses and grow so we can process more and more of the ever changing environment.

Yes! Astrology at times allows unique inner visions/sight for ourselves with our 'ever changing environments.'
Vision is the art of seeing things invisible. Swift
And Astrology is one of the great tools for aiding us with 'things invisible'.

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:07 am

I see most members are more likely to just accept ancient knowledge and agree with historical findings that have not been tested and validated by any real evidence. There needs to be a clearer and consistent measurement of how astrology is a phenomenon. There needs to be more studies and tests that show clear evidence.

I came up with a questionnaire that wasn’t really accepted. It’s early yet and only a hand full of members actually post on this forum, so I didn’t expect even 10 people to take it. But I also didn’t expect people to be so cautious l, paranoid and afraid of real questions. Apparently most members want to repeat, regurgitate and blindly accept ancient record. They want to comfortably live in la la land without testing anything. They’d rather criticize it then come up with anything creative and significant to current times.

I read a new members post and guessed pretty accurately her sun and moon sign and I had a good idea of some of the planets involved. So I know there’s something to this.

There is still too much misunderstanding though. One person will contradict another and think that supports the forums findings. NO. It actually undermines astrological conclusions more than supports them.
We have to admit there isn’t a full picture of what astrology is. And it’s seems people are pretending there is. Everything must be scrutinized. Testing has to be allowed.
Last edited by James Condor on Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:27 am

You dont expect people to be cautious...... ?

How bout this....

I walk deep in the woods alot.
I take the same trail.
I go at all different times.

I have met the same man now 5 times in the exact same spot.
In talking to him yesterday....simple chit chat about the woods and frogs and the moon.....
He slipped out a few times in conversation information about me that I know for a fact I never told him.

My gut which has been biologicaly programmed for millions of years with enzymes to help keep me alive and safe (paranoia?) I trust and believe in an I do not need any proof of its ability to work to ensure my survival.

I answered your questions and then deleted them because I do not trust any mans motives and intent except for Jim.

You need proif and validation and data and whatever to believe. Thats you. Thats how you are. I dont. Im happy in my lala land but it doesnt sound like you are happy in tge world you created for yourself. Maybe your solar arc venus uranus thing you got moving will move some new good stuff for you.

You didnt answer my questions btw.....
But maybe they are just to lala feeling touchy kinda stuff for you, guys usually hate emotional stuff.

Good luck always

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:15 am

I think the definitions of planetary energies/qualities need to be more clearly defined using more examples and by distinguishing between other planets.
In understanding Mars for example, it’s easy to comprehend the idea of it-energy, physical, sex drive, moral courage to defend beliefs-. But to experience this first hand and point out each planet in action, is a challenge.
Say there is a study where people are video taped throughout their daily life and then specific astrological research and knowledge can then be pointed out as to the persons ego (Sun) , persona (Moon) actions (Mars) and so on and also to see other planetary energies and aspects via the video.

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:18 am

If I were to analyze Mars in ones chart, where would I start? Would I see how they walk? How they move? Dance? How they fight? And how do I know any of what I see isn’t actually another planet like the Sun (ego) or. For example. Defining ones beliefs contains the words “defending” and “beliefs”. Which part is Mars, defending or beliefs or both. I think of Mercury as obtaining Beliefs and the Sun as being those beliefs and Each planet could be responsible on some way. Where to define each planet as by breaking down the real processes as opposed to ideas.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:42 am

I've never seen that done through video although there are thousands of books that delineate what each planet means, and several that delineate what they mean in combination.

I think part of the problem is you're trying to isolate each planet and it's energy, but planets act in concert. They influence each other, and the signs influence them as well and the environment they're acting in (rich person/poor person/working person/homeless person) influences how they act as well.

Maybe if you started with the differences between Mars and Jupiter, then looked to the Sun with Mars vs the Sun with Jupiter.

The planetary influences do overlap some. It's like the color green. What's the difference between green and blue? Teal. Seafoam. What's the difference between green and yellow? We don't even have color names for most of that overlap. But there's a clear difference between blue and yellow. I think that's how the planets combine. There's very little pure Mars or pure Jupiter. But we can tell them apart. Start with what you can tell apart, and work your way around, skipping the overlaps at first. When you find the overlaps, then compare those to each other and the differences should come clearer.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:56 am

The overlap is especially true if you look at overt, acted-out behavior. Six people could do essentially the same thing - the same act with the same tone - but with different motivations (i.e., for different reasons). The planet distinctions won't be in the action but in the motivation, the need-cluster that motivated it.

This is indeed part of the challenges we deal with: Astrologers who don't work just from theory primarily have observable behavior to work with (to observe); yet, behaviorism will tend to throw off the observer. Astrology's operations are in the intrapsychic patterns which precipitate into behavior, not in the behavior itself. For example, I think the planets are best expressed as fundamental needs, and I've tried to define them increasingly so in recent years.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:00 pm

A game we used to play a lot in classes and talking among ourselves is the kind of contrast you are describing. "Which would be more X: Planet A or planet B?" E.g., "What's the difference between classic male gender-driven behavior arising from Sun vs. Mars vs. Jupiter?" "What's the difference between Venus and Neptune romance?" "What's the planet of reality?"
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:42 pm

Today, I feel sad, energetic and lonely. Friends important

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:12 am

Im sorry your sad. I hope you cheer up.

Maybe a nice long hike in the fresh air could help.
Or the nice feelings a good work out brings.

When I am sad I try to find something constructive to do, like transplanting my houseplants or mopping the floor or rearranging and clearing out the closets.

Sometimes I just cry though, saddness and tears actually help get rid of built up toxins in our body.

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:22 pm

Thanks Veronica. This full moon is powerful

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:23 pm

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:32 pm

I do not but have.

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:35 pm

If Valentine’s Day were one day sooner, then it be like wanna fight and f**k day. I swear the last degree of Capricorn is nuts. And I think it was written on the forum that Mars is exalted at the end of Capricorn. High tension. Exploding. Amongst other things

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:41 am

James Condor wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:32 pm
I do not but have.
Did you contain your urge to sing along or did you let it go and let it out?
Thats a pretty hard song to resist singing to.

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:01 pm

I sometimes sing when I play guitar but haven’t in public in a long time.

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:21 pm

Im glad you sing.
Most people wont.
Imho......if you know how to play the guitar then you should sing all the time. With a guitar in tve background it covers up any missed lyrics or froggy throat moments and keeps the tune going....so theres little to worry about. But maybe thats just me. If I could play the guitar I would sing in public no problem!! I kinda do allready.

https://youtu.be/GKomWBuEXe4

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:08 pm

I might write a book one day called- “Not all primates are created equal”
In would bring allot of astrology to the tale.
For instance;
Rim:
They steer the direction

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:30 pm

Tonight’s- almost full moon-is kicking everyone’s behind. People are in a mood, myself included.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:54 pm

Mars has just crossed your Midheaven in the last 24 hours. (And Venus is opposite your Pluto. Don't know if that changes your perceptions of people.)

The Moon is full in about three days.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:33 am

Friday and Saturday did change my perspective. Mars crossing mid heaven. I had an encounter with an unhappy stranger ,Friday about 2p, that didn’t make sense to me. I concluded she was unhappy and tired, so on.
She was unhappy with me and I was surprised. I didn’t do anything wrong, but I could see maybe I was insensitive and whatever else. She was the one that started it with asking me questions with a motherly-your in trouble- tone. I played it over and over in my head after. Like- is she playing the victim? What was that about?
Also Sun-Pluto.
Venus Pluto.