The Special 4 Precessional/Astrological Ages of Leo, Scorpio, Aquarius, and Taurus.

General discussion. What do you want to talk about?
SteveS
Nabu
The Special 4 Precessional/Astrological Ages of Leo, Scorpio, Aquarius, and Taurus.

Post by SteveS » Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:45 am

Jim, you may want to move to “Speculative” Topic

IMO, whenever we contemplate the Precessional Astrological Ages, we have to look at our World (the planet) through the symbology of ancient cultures, and through the language of mythology. IMO, the four Astrological/Precessional Ages of Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, and Aquarius hold great importance for our Planet from a Historical standpoint of view. One of the greatest cultures our Planet has known is Ancient Egypt’s Pharaonic Culture. IMO, the Giza Plateau is symbolizing a half-precessional cycle of 13,000 years, beginning with the Precessional Age of Leo and ending with the fast approaching beginning Precessional Age of Leo. Why? Its a mystery. With the science of geology, IMO, the Sphinx on the Giza Plateau is much older than the Pharaonic Culture-- probably dating back to the Precessional Age of Leo. Here are some of my notes on the above 4 Precessional Ages astrologically symbolized by the Lion (Leo); Taurus (Bull); Man (Aquarius) & Scorpio (Scorpion/Eagle).

There have many symbolic references to the “Four Genii” from many different ancient cultures. The word “genii” is the plural form of “genius.” Confucius says---“Remember the Four Genii.” It appears these so called four genii could have some kind of symbolic importance to the four “Astrological Ages” calculated by Precession Cycle as noted above, or at least to the four fixed signs in the Sidereal Zodiac. To the Chaldeans these four fixed signs/astrological ages were the protecting Genii of the human race:
Sed-Alap or Kirub, a bull (Taurus) with a human (Aquarius) face; Lamas or Nigal, a lion (Leo) with a man’s (Aquarius) head; Ustar, a human (Aquarius); and Natting, an eagle (maybe Scorpio) with a human (Aquarius) face.
All through Egyptian antiquities and artifacts we see these symbolic 4 fixed astrological signs/ages of Leo (Lion), Scorpio (Eagle), Aquarius (Man), and Taurus (Bull) depicted as minor sphinxes which made its way into religious circles with religious Biblical writings.
For example, in much of the Egyptian or English documentation of the Giza Pyramid, and other Egyptian temples---one a sphinx with a lion’s head, one with a bull’s head, another, with an eagle’s head, and the last one with a human’s head.
The Four Genii are called Kerubin in the Thoth Tarot Deck. They are placed in the four corners of Trump Card V, Trump Card V1, Trump Card XX1, and find them illustrated in many other cards together or separately. Also pictured as the four minor Egyptian sphinxes on Trump Card V11. In Aleister Crowley’s book “Book of Thoth” (Egyptian Tarot), the four fixed signs of the Sidereal Zodiac, Leo, Scorpio, Aquarius, and Taurus are symbolized by The Sphinx.
In the Biblical Scriptures the above 4 symbolic fixed signs (Astrological Ages) of the zodiac are mentioned 91 separate times. By far the greatest civilization the West has ever seen is the Pharaonic Culture of Ancient Egypt which sprang forth at its peak in the Precessional Age of Taurus (Age of Taurus 4153-1956 BCE (2,197 years). When we know for a fact the Pharaonic Culture sprang forth at its peak at about the beginning of the Precessional/Astrological Age of Taurus, one has to wonder if indeed there are special Genii’s (astrological) influences :) for these 4 long Astrological Ages, for the Pharaonic Culture lasted almost 4 thousand years.

More later.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: The Special 4 Precessional/Astrological Ages of Leo, Scorpio, Aquarius, and Taurus.

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:25 am

SteveS wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:45 am
Jim, you may want to move to “Speculative” Topic
I moved it to "Many Things." My thinking: It's not speculative in the sense of testing unconfirmed astrological methods, but it's also not about sign meanings. Astro-archaeology is its own topic not necessarily related to astrology in a practical way, but often of interest to astrologers. "Many Things" is appropriate for posts on-topic to the forum as a whole but not having their own distinctive place to fit in one of the sub-forums.

You also could have used the original Ages thread, which I renamed "Pyramidology & the Astrological Ages" - it has your pyramidology posts and it's here in "Many Things."
Here are some of my notes on the above 4 Precessional Ages astrologically symbolized by the Lion (Leo); Taurus (Bull); Man (Aquarius) & Scorpio (Scorpion/Eagle).
Just to be clear, this is a modern assignment that surely has the last two reversed. The only eagle in the sky is Aquila, which is adjacent to Aquarius. The Babylonians looked mostly at the celestial equator for their astronomy. Look on a celestial globe oriented to the equator: you'll see Aquila hovering above the more southern Aquarius.

But, if Aquarius is the eagle, why would Scorpio be the "man"? Again, the answer is Babylon, which saw Scorpio as a centaur-like half scorpion, half man, which was really a blending in the sky of the two constellations currently called Scorpio and Ophiuchus: the latter rises up from the equator at the front end of Scorpio and easily merges into the double figure.

These four figures - bull, lion, eagle, and the scorpion-man - appear on the ancient "boundary stones" that Babylonians used to mark out the borders of their fields etc. It likely originated in a time when the equinoxes were in Taurus-Scorpio and the solstices in Leo-Aquarius, i.e., before about 2,000 BCE.
It appears these so called four genii could have some kind of symbolic importance to the four “Astrological Ages” calculated by Precession Cycle as noted above, or at least to the four fixed signs in the Sidereal Zodiac.
The latter, I think. They don't need four ages to describe these, only one, the Taurus Age, when the four colures were in these four constellations. Furthermore, it's well established that they had no knowledge of precession, so couldn't have been thinking in terms of successive ages. (As far as I can tell, the idea of these ages is an entirely modern idea. As best I can tell, it caught fever in the 19th century, during Victorian times, when there was great "millennial fever" that the 20th century was approaching and, surely, we would be entering a new age; but there might be earlier references I've missed.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: The Special 4 Precessional/Astrological Ages of Leo, Scorpio, Aquarius, and Taurus.

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:27 am

Steve, as I mentioned earlier this morning on the other thread (I'm deleting some of those posts now since you've moved things here), you might want to leap ahead in Gleadow' The Origin of the Zodiac to Chapter 9, "The Bible & Birthstones," for a discussion of the "four creatures" archaeologically. I think you'll find it fascinating on this topic.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:05 am

:) Thanks Jim, I understand better now where you are coming from. I will go to Chapter 9 in Gleadow’s book for more understanding.
Jim wrote:
Furthermore, it's well established that they had no knowledge of precession, so couldn't have been thinking in terms of successive ages.
This is where you and I disagree for now :) , but that’s OK. I have seen/read clear evidence they did have knowledge of precession and it was a huge deal to them. This has been proven to me by a few well qualified astronomers who have intently studied Egypt’s great Monuments. When I realized they had knowledge of Precession—it’s when Giza started making sense to me and others with the clear precessional astronomy symbolized with Orion’s 3 Belt Stars mirrored with the 3 Pyramids on the Giza Plateau. IMO, it’s the Precession Cycle which supplies the key which unlocks Giza’s Mystery. I may start a separate thread on this for better explanation/understanding or go back to another thread where you and have discussed this matter to add further details. But, I am too old to get into a long drawn-out debate about this issue so it is no big deal. I have more important things I want to try accomplish in my astrological life before I pass to the Stars. :)

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:37 am

I would think that if our ancestors knew about precession and the actual motion of the heavens, then they would have known that we live in a spiral galaxy, with arms and a flat disk like shape. If you figure out precession movement then the math leads you to seeing our environment correctly.
It would seem that the very symbol of a spiral would have been a huge motif for them, an Archtypal image, and would have it etched all over thier astronomical markers. That sort of very important information would be apex to pass on generation to generation.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:54 am

V wrote:
That sort of very important information would be apex to pass on generation to generation.
Not sure about the spiral galaxy V, but strongly feel they are trying to "pass on information" to a future "generation." I firmly believe they were trying to pass on certain knowledges about the Precessional Astrological Ages. As to exactly what knowledges—I am not sure. But I am fairly sure certain knowledges are beginning to surface at Giza pertaining to the Precessional Cycle and their Astrological Ages due to the fantastic new technologies that have only been developed in the last 30 years. Also, I am fairly sure that what is represented at Giza can’t be seen/understood unless one knows their way around the Sidereal Zodiac. :)