New Interpretation File (in Microsoft Word)

Because so many of us use Solar Fire, this space collates tips & custom templates.
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
New Interpretation File (in Microsoft Word)

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:26 pm

Attached is a Microsoft Word file you can download. It has the entire set of interpretive notes contained in one file. Basically, just delete what doesn't apply to the chart, and you have a complete report.
https://1drv.ms/w/s!Ansnmu2xbktanackD0L ... w?e=JnSCao

Here is a sample of applying this file to my own chart. It actually contains two interpretations: The natal for birthplace and then a second as if I were born at my current residence. Angular planets, foreground aspects, and the orbs of mundane aspects change many priorities while leaving many other things the same. (I thought it would provide a good second example.)
https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ansnmu2xbktamMAMjbP ... w?e=zyPt6n

Here is how I recommend you use the file:

Download the file, Customize it as you see fit, e.g.: Put your name at the top. Put your name and contact information at the bottom. If you don't like what I wrote (in the introduction, the interpretations, etc.), change it. You may use this text freely for reports; if you make the text yours instead of just using my text, feel free to change or remove the copyright notice in the footer.

Next, to do a report for a particular individual, MAKE A COPY OF THE FILE (so that your customized original is undamaged) and edit the copy. Write their name and birth data at the top. Delete the paragraphs that don't apply to them. For example, under Angular Planets, delete the paragraphs for any non-angular planets (and then organize the remaining paragraphs in the sequence you want, e.g., prioritized by closeness). In the Moon, Sun, Mars, Mercury, and Venus sections, delete the sign and aspects that don't apply. Under each aspect, delete the aspect type that doesn't apply; for example, with a couple of quick deletions, change Venus Conjunct Opposite Square Pluto to Venus Square Pluto. (For each aspect, there is one paragraph for Conjunctions, Oppositions, and Squares; another for Trines and Sextiles; and another for Octiles (semi-squares and sesqui-squares).)

BTW, for wider conjunctions, oppositions, and squares (say, past 3°) I'll usually substitute the briefer text for the octiles, or exclude them altogether.

If (as in most charts) there is no stellium, delete the entire stellium section.

This is faster than it might sound. After you have a chart calculated and have typed the native's birth data at the top, it takes about 2 minutes to delete the unnecessary paragraphs and have a finished report (or one you can, if you wish, start editing and customizing).

PRO TIP: If you want to have a crisp, tight report on only the most confirmed, most reliable, most important factors, delete the sign positions of Mercury and Venus and set your orbs to Class 1 aspects. This will give a tighter report with angular planets; Sun, Moon, and Mars signs; and close aspects.

Let me know what you think. Does this work for you? Is there something that can make it better? Notice that the aspects and orbs are whatever you want them to be.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Lance
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent
Re: New Interpretation File (in Microsoft Word)

Post by Lance » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:20 pm

Awesome! Thanks!

Freya
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Freya » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:54 am

Thank you!!! Helps me jog my memory :)

ScottG
Satellite Member
Satellite Member

Post by ScottG » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:01 pm

Thank you. I am new to Sidereal Astrology so this helps me to get begin to get a grasp on it. Can you recommend any other posts that would be helpful to a beginner?
Thanks,
Scott

FlorencedeZ.
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by FlorencedeZ. » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:55 am

Hi Jim,
the link seems to be expired.
I can't seem to be able to download it.
Would it be possible to put it back on?
Thanks in advance,
Flo

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:12 am

Yes, I'll put up a fresh updated copy as well, since I've fine-tuned it a bit. Give it half an hour (estimate).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

FlorencedeZ.
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by FlorencedeZ. » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:35 am

Awesome, thank you Jim.

By Jove
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by By Jove » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:54 pm

This is so cool, Jim. I must try it out sometime. ^_^