Thoughts by James Condor

General discussion. What do you want to talk about?
James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member
Thoughts by James Condor

Post by James Condor » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:56 pm

I am all for observation and astrological connections. Math and/or observation are what I think of key ways to make connections. I get observation, I've been observing others my entire life. Without sidereal pioneers and professionals I would not even know where to begin though. My circle of friends is small and I would have nothing to compare my observations without this forum. I haven't learned, nor have been too motivated to do calculations on my own. And it wasn't taught to me in public school.
If I get to know someone new, I usually ask for their birth info. I guess their DOB and am usually wrong the first guess. I usually guess correctly in three tries. Today this happened again. I guessed December, Scorpio, but it was February 14th, Valentines day. Aquarius was my second guess. This is what keeps me going and interested in sidereal astrology. And makes me think that Scorpio is also ruled by Aquarius. He is diagnosed schizophrenic; more common to Aquarius.
Currently, I need a change of perspective. I need new information. I think I need more numbers. I need more proof so I can feel my time is being used productively. I always need more understanding, I suppose. I hope to have the time and mind to learn more and find the info I need. I think I might be asking questions as well.

Danica
1st Warning by Admin
1st Warning by Admin

Re: Thoughts by James Condor

Post by Danica » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:21 pm

Moon sign is much much easier to recognize on first encounter, than the Sun sign.
Amate Se Mutuo Cum Corda Ardentia
http://siderallia.blogspot.com/

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:12 am

Thanks for the post Danica.

The other day, and lately, I've been thinking of the origins of astrology, as I have before. I did make the analogy of Moses on the mountain 'discovering' the ten commandments. People often make stories or evaluations, given an experience, or observation. For example, 'the car is red', vs. 'What an ugly car'. The former, an observation, the latter, an evaluation, subjective opinion. Another example- driving a car doing 100mph, thinking, 'this car is fast'. Is that car fast? Is 100mph fast? Well, its a measurement. 100 is a measurement; But the interpretation is, it's fast. Both the observation, aka, measurement, and interpretation, the car is fast, are relative and dependent on human conditions. The difference is that no one can prove or disprove 100% is fast. If a person feels the car is fast, he/she is right. And if another person thinks it is not, he/she is also correct. If the speed limit is 65, they are both breaking the speed!. But we can measure with accuracy the speed of 100mph. There is Agreement that 100mph is 100mph. Same with a natal chart. No one will argue that on January 9th 1984, the sun is in Sagittarius, using sidereal and from Earth perspective. But all the interpretations are subject to the individuals interpretation. Yet, some people connect and agree. This is the paradox and phenomenon. Group think is also a high possibility.
Last edited by James Condor on Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:31 am

And I wonder where these connections come from. Why would I begin to think that people have astrological archetypes? Well, we read it from some source. I did and you did. We did. But what about before the internet and written books? What about our ancient ancestors? Who made the connection that a star configuration looks like a Lion there for being born you are like a lion? Jung seems to be the most popular modern person on archetype ideas. He says we have a shadow self. But what if I am not aware of it? Can he really speak for me and my experiences? Can he tell me what I am, not even knowing who I am. Some say we are all connected, so yes we all experience the same phenomenon. But at the same time, we are unique. Both local and nonlocal.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:44 am

Just remember... science isn't about finding the truth. It's about finding the best comprehensive theory that incorporates as many confirmable facts as possible, allows for a high level of accurate prediction from them, and provides a concrete set of claims that can be tested against new facts in order to learn more.

In other words, it's a constant juggling act of conviction and doubt, striving, at any one moment in time, to have a framework of certainty that also is continually tested against new experience.

One doesn't have to be absolutely right as long as one is absolutely certain! :D
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:57 am

Yes, I see
I think I am going to research the theory of forms (Plato) and anything else like it (Jung archetype) and see what jumps out at me, to help me understand more the connection to astrology. I want to see historically the human origins and process of astrology.
I am reminded very often, daily perhaps, of the forms I experience. We all must. It is human, organic, natural. Pictures on the wall. Hearing music. Looking into ones eyes and communicating. Everything seems to happen automatically, simultaneously. We see our self in strangers. Music exists consciously. Planet formations must be the same. Conceiving what seems a giant leap in planetary bodies influencing, compared to the local weather, can be mind boggling, frustrating and risky. I question more my personal investment to it. It is abstract.
Out of sight out of mind. Awareness. focus, attention. It makes sense to focus directly in the present. To pay attention to our current surroundings. Astrology parallels more of a virtual realm, as opposed to a more apparent physical realm. I think Astrology has more to do with consciousness.

DDonovanKinsolving
Constellation Member
Constellation Member

Post by DDonovanKinsolving » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:12 pm

James Condor wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:57 am
I think Astrology has more to do with consciousness.
I think astrology shows that the Cartesian division between mind and matter is false. It may be more true that consciousness and matter exist along an uninterrupted continuum.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:24 pm

DDonovanKinsolving wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:12 pm
It may be more true that consciousness and matter exist along an uninterrupted continuum.
My view entirely. Here is a quote from Chapter 00 (the second chapter) of my book, Pearls of Wisdom:
Whether we call the universe an astrophysical construct or a goddess, we are speaking of something inconceivably vast, mysterious, and wondrous that is conscious. Everything in the universe, and the universe itself, is conscious. This is no longer a matter of belief: It is only a matter of labels. Explorers of the physical universe and of the metaphysical universe have come to many identical conclusions, separated primarily by terminology.

With the experimental findings of quantum mechanics, modern physics leaves little to distinguish the universe’s physical substance from consciousness. Scientists who still hold the view that there is no demonstration that consciousness as such even exists could, as easily, view the same data as meaning that consciousness is the ONLY thing that exists.

Centuries before E=mc2, spiritual texts described solids, liquids, and gases as varied states of one thing, differing only by the velocity (“vibration rate”) of its fundamental particles; that gases could be accelerated further (“raising the vibration rate”) to sublimate as light; and that light, accelerated further, becomes “spirit.” Only the amount of energy at atomic levels differentiates between solids, liquids, gases, light, and consciousness, which are modern rationalist terms for what the ancients termed Earth, Water, Air, Fire, and Spirit.

If the entire universe is conscious, and composed of consciousness (as seems true to me, and required by contemporary physics), then it is only a matter of convenience and preference whether we label it with terms from physics or terms from religion.

I prefer a mythic approach. Humanity loves stories: we live by stories, often being satisfied to live life as a soap opera or a Great Tragedy rather than have no story at all. Frankly, all that most people need in order to transform their lives is to write or find a better story to live...
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:36 pm

Yes, I agree. From my experience of all I've read and all the science programs on spiritual realms/quantum science, and from observing and reading about people having insights, connections, visions, including my own, it comes down to this simultaneous, non linear, non local consciousness that is everything. Consciousness is the only thing that exists. Which is a great experience and feeling. I can't ignore the paradox of the human condition being both subject and object and how unbelievable it is to think, feel or know, we actually can live in different dimensions, a physical and virtual realm. Seemingly.

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:49 pm

Logic of dignities

The dignities do not follow a logical pattern in fact quite the contrary and at times are random and chaotic. An easy example of this is the symmetry

Aries/Scorpio-Mars, Libra/ Capricorn-Saturn, and Taurus/ Libra- Venus. Sagittarius/Cancer-Jupiter. By this logic, Taurus/Sagittarius, Gemini/Capricorn, Cancer/Aquarius, Leo/Pisces, Virgo/Aries, Scorpio/Gemini, Capricorn/Leo, Aquarius/Virgo, and Pisces/Libra, should also all share a common dignity.
Also based on dignified Libra/ Capricorn-Saturn (two rims 60 degrees apart), Gemini/Virgo-Mercury Sagittarius/Pisces-Jupiter Capricorn/Aries-Mars then this also does not follow suit in where Aries/Cancer, Taurus/Leo, Cancer/Libra, Leo/Scorpio, Virgo/Sagittarius, Scorpio/Aquarius, Pisces/Gemini, Aquarius/Taurus should then share a dignity

Either the observations of dignities are not accurate or complete or observations have not yet been made or shared for the remaining pairs. It only makes sense.
Last edited by James Condor on Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:04 pm

James Condor wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:49 pm
By this logic, Taurus/Sagittarius, Gemini/Capricorn, Cancer/Aquarius, Leo/Pisces, Virgo/Aries, Scorpio/Gemini, Capricorn/Leo, Aquarius/Virgo, and Pisces/Libra, should also all share a common dignity.
Of these nine examples, three do indeed have either shared dignities or = equally important IMO - shared debilities (which equally characterize them).

Taurus/Sagittarius - none
Gemini/Capricorn - Jupiter debility
Cancer/Aquarius - none
Leo/Pisces - none
Virgo/Aries - Venus debility
Scorpio/Gemini - none
Capricorn/Leo - none
Aquarius/Virgo - none
Pisces/Libra - Venus dignity

The others are all... interesting. Some have inferred connections. Ancient Greeks and Romans attributed Sagittarius to Artemis-Diana, i.e., the Moon, which gives Taurus-Sagittarius and Scorpio-Gemini a connection. Cancer-Aquarius are quite thematically different, but one is lunar and the other in-solar. Leo-Pisces have quite a lot in common despite being dramatically different in other ways (emphasis on the "dramatically"). There are a lot of people who would argue that Mercury has an inherent connection in Aquarius which (whether it does or not) speaks to a recognition of similarity between Virgo and Aquarius (and, thus, Leo and Pisces).

It's a good mind exercise.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:06 pm

What about the last part I added after your post. They don't seem to fit even the debilities. For example Aries/Cancer is Pluto/Sun/Mars vs Moon/Jupiter. Cancer/Libra the Jupiter vs Saturn. Virgo/Sagittarius is Mercury vs Jupiter, Pisces/Gemini, Neptune vs Mercury. It is a direct opposite yet logically accurate.

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:11 pm

It does not makes sense to me how random it all is

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:07 pm

James Condor wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:11 pm
So let me ask you a question: Why do you think it should appear orderly?

(PS - The rulerships, or course, and bizarrely, exactingly orderly. It's only the the exaltations that appear unorderly. My personal view is that the ancients were fixed with the 7-planet version of this current mix, and isolated the rulerships as the part they could schematize.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:59 pm

Ptolemy's Tetrabiblos is a striking example of taking a very orderly pattern and replicating it as almost a universal key to most things. I think he went too far, but it's worth mentioning, I think, as an example of where ideas originated that persisted for millennia (in some circle: up to the present day).

Thus, with Moon and Sun ruling Cancer and Leo, the other rulerships went out from there in both directions: two for Mercury, then two for Venus, then two for Mars, then two for Jupiter, then two for Saturn. This is usually known.

Less known is that certain ideas about aspects and houses came from the same basic pattern. In aspects, with the conjunction taken as the luminary-like starting point (and the opposition being its counter part), the first two signs (semi-sextile, were there an aspect there), being like Mercury, were considered insert; the next two (sextiles), being like Venus, were harmonious; the next two (squares), being like Mars were dynamic and (some would say) malevolent; the next two (trines), being like Jupiter, were lucky; and the next two (quincunx, were there an aspect defined), being like Saturn, were dead and of no effect.

Among houses, with the 1st house being the luminary-like starting point and the 7th its counterpart, the squares (4th and 10th) were considered strong and dynamic, being like Mars. The two sextile and two trines houses (3rd, 5th, 9th, and 11th) were considered variations of good fortune. The two on either side of the 1st (12th and 2nd) and six houses away (6th and 9th) were considered

Just as a point of curiosity...
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:59 am

Because all laws of nature originate in symmetry and the symmetries in the laws of physics determine the properties of the particles found in nature. All laws are consistent in measurement and anything laying outside of the symmetry shows the difference between what is true and what is not. Because the planet have a fixed qualities and the relationship between planets being in signs can be measured to a fixed location, then the same pattern should follow. It would be different if the planets were unpredictable but the whole idea of astrology seems to be to predict or forecast, meaning we have to find consistency to do that.
The astrological level that humans can experience is both physical and virtual. The physical is more apparent and is measured in the human capacity. As soon as something is contrary, or asymmetrical, questions of completeness or understanding follow. The more solid the foundation, the more growth. The more understanding. Closer to the truth, or virtual realm. It is a matter of accuracy, of completeness. I need to work off a solid foundation.
You and others might see things differently. And I like the Ptolomy info you provided. I was not aware of what he did.

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:52 am

Right now the sun is in Scorpio and Uranus is a planetary energy I think I feel. Mars and Uranus might be difficult to distinguish thought. So it seems like the driving energy force of Mars and the freedom, fun loving Uranus.

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:16 am

I was sooo tired at about 8p last night for no apparent reason and felt like I took a sleep aid. My routine was the same as usual. I spoke with two other people who said they slept really well too. I wonder if Sun moving from Scorpio into Sagittarius, has something to do with it?

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:21 am

:) Interesting, I had a friend call me Friday night and basically tell me the same thing happen to him for the first time in his normal everyday sleeping life.

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Sat May 12, 2018 8:08 am

Some time in the early a.m May 10 I drempt of having to meet the devil or grim reaper in a dark abandoned basement with a few others I don't recall. I remember feeling at first when hearing I had to meet, a denial or unreal, skeptical response. Then It became fear. Next understanding and purpose. When waiting in the basement for it, me and the other people communicated anxiously; "Where is it? Is it here yet? I feel its presence. Is that it? A sense of calm came over me. An acceptance of the fear. I decided to surrender. Soon we all heard the creature approaching and I knew this was it. A transcending effect occurred. I thought of Mars and Pluto. But I didn't have these transits then. I do now, but not then.

Jim Eshelman
    Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat May 12, 2018 11:21 am

Wonderful dream and (at least one level) so easy to understand. (Jung would have loved that one :) .)

Pluto is still your strongest transiting effect, in range of your Sun if it comes up on return chart angles, and square your Ascendant. There is life-and-psyche rearrangement going on at an accelerated pace over these few years.

But the close, powerful one right now is Uranus opposite your Mars. From that (not necessarily thinking about the dream) I expect you have powerful surging needs to BREAK OUT and break loose. Looking at this in terms of the dream, Mars is one of the forces in subconsciousness that houses our fear and hatred, and also our power: The exact same energy in us is WILL if turned outward in action, and fear and hatred if turned inward on ourselves by the simple act of NOT expressing the force outward. Uranus wants to break this loose in you this year.

And the dream occurred as transiting Mars was sneaking into the pattern, not quite close enough to outwardly manifest, but certainly close enough to do so inwardly. By today, you're probably feeling Mars-Uranus to your Mars much more openly and actively, and it will spread over the next few days. (At the end of its retrograde loop late summer, Mars will turn direct again where it is today - square your Mars. This growth cycle will probably be completing about then.)
    Jim Eshelman
    www.jeshelman.com

James Condor
    Zodiac Member
    Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Tue May 15, 2018 4:33 pm

Very cool. Thanks Jim

Soft Alpaca
    Synetic Member
    Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:59 pm

James Condor wrote:
    Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:11 pm
    And out of choas, came the night, and she bore the inescapable reality of men.

I'm speaking of Nyx, one if the many godessesd of night, and her Parralel to pluto and the big bang.

As someone who is chaotic [neutral] in nature I believe the universe is inherently chaotic and we as people deem it on our selves to find order.

Ancient astrologers used astrology as we used science, to find order in things.

I personally do believe in the subconscious/unconscious and the things that people do that make them tick that they do not realise.

I see you and Jim have underlying Parralels apparent to be Virgo in nature. My angular Mercury enjoys reading your discussion, but also the chaos that actualy lies with in it. It is ironcly different than your Virgo in its unorganized nature.

Matter is finite. Thought as far as I'm aware isn't, therefore the bounds of our minds are just as expansive as the universe. I like to think that every thought expands the universe actually.
    No i'm not homeless.. you just can't smell the roses as well as you can through a teepee door..

James Condor
    Zodiac Member
    Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:46 am

Is Saggittarius' noted 'ambition', apart of the higher and higher motif and quality and bettermentness? I say yes. In perceiving a sense of falling short, one needs the ambition or motivation of improving something in tandem. I have been seeing in myself and other Sags this so called ambition. It is also quite annoying to constantly work with one who's your boss! Because they aren't ever satisfied. Because it can always be better. Which explains their self image problems. I find it difficult to leave things alone knowing the job us never finished, complete, perfect. Too often, I have to remind myself to accept and move on. Then I get down and feel like I should have, could have done better. Regretful, embarrassed, shame will I loose my status.. But, I know, that in the moment I could have not done any better of different and at the time I feel I am doing my best. Am I just wasting time with thoughts of perfection and "falling short"? I do not to have nightmares so I work hard at doing my best so while at home I do not think of what I could have done better. It isn't always so extreme. Sometime I just say "oh well". I can't be perfect I am human. I did the best I can.
    Last edited by James Condor on Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jim Eshelman
    Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:40 am

Agreed FWIW. And I appreciate you giving us a view from "inside" the Sagittarian reality.
    Jim Eshelman
    www.jeshelman.com

James Condor
    Zodiac Member
    Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:17 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
    Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:40 am
    Agreed FWIW. And I appreciate you giving us a view from "inside" the Sagittarian reality.
    It is worth it to have you agree. No problem. If I can give more sometime I will.

James Condor
    Zodiac Member
    Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:26 pm

This might be a Venus thing because it has to do with talking to girls. But could also be anything else in my chart.
    I have this thing, and have had it at times, a habit or trait of not being able to talk to woman, or any person, at the gym because I see them all the time and want to work out in peace and focus on the task at hand. But, I also have the urge to flirt the entire time. It's like I am afraid that my gym time will be tainted. Or, next time I see the person of interest, I will not know how to 'touch and go .' If we exchange numbers it would be weird next time we see each other, especially if we hadn't used contacted via phone.

I think I was like this, or still am, at work and pretty much all other places except bars and college. College was different I think because there were so many people and I had more options outside of routine places like classes, dorms, etc. and liquid courage I suppose. My friends say I have 'balls' because I talk to woman so easily at bars after a few drinks. I ask them to dance. I ask them to hang out. For their number if I feel it.

The urge is strong. Whenever I see this girl I have a crush on, I talk myself out of it. I don't put myself out there but have a strong urge to. I make excuses. "I am afraid she is too young", I say. "We might not be compatible. It will be awkward if we do become friends/mates".

I am afraid too of being honest or mean or egotistical and having people talk about me behind my back. Afraid of coming on too strong then feeling like a stalker creep though I wouldn't be stalking but just at the gym I go to.
    Last edited by James Condor on Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:47 am, edited 6 times in total.

Avshalom Binyamin
    Zodiac Member
    Zodiac Member

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:14 pm

That could be a Sag striving to be one's best. Or it could be a Saturn quality of inhibition.

I've had similar dynamics, which in my chart I chalk up to a combo of Virgo Sun-Moon bashfulness, and angular Saturn inhibition/inferiority complex.

I still have it as a 38-year-old, and I don't intend to substantially change it, because, like you I think it's kind of gross that women should be subjected to being hit on all the time by men.

But as I've gotten older, I've become more courageous and observant, and less inhibited/"shy", so while I don't go around hitting on people, I am more able to discern when the attraction is reciprocated, and more willing to follow up on that energy (respectfully).

FWIW, I think shy people blossom late and get more attractive with age.

James Condor
    Zodiac Member
    Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:55 am

Avshalom Binyamin wrote:
    Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:14 pm
    so while I don't go around hitting on people, I am more able to discern when the attraction is reciprocated, and more willing to follow up on that energy (respectfully).

I get the impression you think I am 'hitting on people" and/ or you are sensitive to something along these lines. Sensitive to respect and sex roles or sexism. Am I right? But, I also like your approach.I think your approach is better than a disrespectful one which is discerned by the parties involved and their own personal views. I mean I have seen people being hit on in an inauthentic cheesy way. In an egotistical pretend macho way. And I feel bad for the suckers.

Avshalom Binyamin
    Zodiac Member
    Zodiac Member

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:13 pm

No, I got the impression that you don't hit on people.

James Condor
    Zodiac Member
    Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:01 am

Alright

James Condor
    Zodiac Member
    Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:20 am

Last night I began writing down my natal planet sign positions and natal aspects in order to see how many times each of the planets appeared. For example my Sun in Sagittarius has sextile Saturn in Libra= Sun-Jupiter. (Sun in Sagittarius), Sun-Saturn(again, Libra) Jupiter-Saturn, Jupiter-Venus (Sag+Libra) Based on this method. Is this a good idea? And would I treat my foreground Moon and Mars as Sun+Moon, Sun +Mars.? Or as Sun-Moon,Sun-Mars?
    So, I found allot of Jupiter(not a surprise)and more Saturn than I expected. Besides a good exercise, how worth it to do for legitimacy and practicality.
    P.S. I don't think of these as aspects per se based on established knowledge.

James Condor
    Zodiac Member
    Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:07 am

How did I first hear or see astrology? I don’t remember the exact example, day, but it wasn’t past down to me through anyone I knew, like friends, family, school, church...
    I read about in the papers and /or heard about it in songs. Then I looked in books (all tropical). Then I read skepticism on it. Like any other religion or belief system, I didn’t necessarily accept it all completely.
    I didn’t and don’t know why or how anyone can ignore opposing beliefs that are just as relevant as held beliefs when it comes to things we can’t see. Bigfoot. Ghosts. Gods. Lockness. Aliens. Ect. I get the intrigue but to honestly tell yourself and act as if you know something that isn’t proven. Then I noticed allot of things we blindly except, but don’t see like gravity and atoms, genes. These can be proven. Our knowledge of science can change. But people agree on it until something else is discovered.
    Astrology, religion, and other pseudoscience cannot be proven, are not agreed upon and our tax dollars don’t pay a cent for. Practical matters make sense.
    Another thing Is if Milky Way planets influence human behavior then what’s influencing the Milky Way? The list won’t stop.
    And if fixed stars in a particular constellation have opposing traits, then what’s the point of Sun is exalted in Aries? Some fixed stars in Aries could have moon quality. So what’s the point? Besides having an impractical hobby, what’s the point of this? Even a trivial board game is more tangible.
    Any judge/jury would find an astrologer guilty of speculating. Especially if the defendant was lying under oath. How many people would agree with the defense that planets have powers over us? The prosecution could bring in a professional astrologer of another branch as the defense and it’d be a mess.
    I think we need to first learn about the individual before telling he/she their chart information. We need to ask profile questions first to see if they match the data it the other way around like it is here. Here we have been giving people a very general idea based on past data. Why not find out the individuals hobbies, interests, and much more detailed information first. And if it doesn’t match the collected data then the data isn’t accurate. It’s that simple. The individual can’t be wrong answering the question about their self.
    Last edited by James Condor on Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Veronica
    Synetic Member
    Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:55 am

For me
    The point in my life
    Is self understanding
    And self mastery
    And I will use
    Any and all
    Tools
    To fulfill my inner need for organizing and meaning

Veronica
    Synetic Member
    Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:48 am

I walk deep in the woods a lot.
    I look for what are called Mother Trees.
    The biggest trees.

I found one once and like always I took a picture of it.
    It was a misty day and the sun was setting.
    It was a beautiful tree.

When I got home
    I looked at the picture and my heart skipped a beat.
    It was the strangest thing I ever saw
    Beside the Unicorn.
    I call it the ghost tree.

In the photo
    Somehow
    You can see the branches that are behind the front of the tree. Its almost as if they were superimposed over the front of the tree.

I wish I could post it and show you.
    But you can clearly see how a branch that shoots off in one direction and goes behind the tree, is visible.

My naked eyes didnt see that.
    My muscles in my eyes and the conditioning in my vrain didnt process that information.
    But the camera
    With no preconceived processing of information, no filters or restrictions captured the ubderlaying physics of the water vapor and the sunlight to reflect what was happening at that moment.

Our ability to percieve and process and use infirmation is an ongoing evolution. There is so much out there that we do not have tge means yet to see and order and give meaning to.

Thats astrology
    The quest to expand our senses and grow so we can process more and more of the ever changing environment.

Veronica
    Synetic Member
    Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:01 am

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vjJKsanq89kqKQsk9

Dont know if that link will work but naybe

James Condor
    Zodiac Member
    Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:36 pm

That is an interesting photo. I agree with you, we can only sense so much of the actual world/universe and it is indeed an ongoing evolution or a work in progress

SteveS
    Nabu

Post by SteveS » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:52 am

Veronica wrote:
    There is so much out there that we do not have the means yet to see and order and give meaning to.
    So true V.

Veronica wrote:
    Thats astrology
    The quest to expand our senses and grow so we can process more and more of the ever changing environment.

Yes! Astrology at times allows unique inner visions/sight for ourselves with our 'ever changing environments.'
    Vision is the art of seeing things invisible. Swift
    And Astrology is one of the great tools for aiding us with 'things invisible'.

James Condor
    Zodiac Member
    Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:07 am

I see most members are more likely to just accept ancient knowledge and agree with historical findings that have not been tested and validated by any real evidence. There needs to be a clearer and consistent measurement of how astrology is a phenomenon. There needs to be more studies and tests that show clear evidence.

I came up with a questionnaire that wasn’t really accepted. It’s early yet and only a hand full of members actually post on this forum, so I didn’t expect even 10 people to take it. But I also didn’t expect people to be so cautious l, paranoid and afraid of real questions. Apparently most members want to repeat, regurgitate and blindly accept ancient record. They want to comfortably live in la la land without testing anything. They’d rather criticize it then come up with anything creative and significant to current times.

I read a new members post and guessed pretty accurately her sun and moon sign and I had a good idea of some of the planets involved. So I know there’s something to this.

There is still too much misunderstanding though. One person will contradict another and think that supports the forums findings. NO. It actually undermines astrological conclusions more than supports them.
    We have to admit there isn’t a full picture of what astrology is. And it’s seems people are pretending there is. Everything must be scrutinized. Testing has to be allowed.
    Last edited by James Condor on Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Veronica
    Synetic Member
    Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:27 am

You dont expect people to be cautious...... ?

How bout this....

I walk deep in the woods alot.
    I take the same trail.
    I go at all different times.

I have met the same man now 5 times in the exact same spot.
    In talking to him yesterday....simple chit chat about the woods and frogs and the moon.....
    He slipped out a few times in conversation information about me that I know for a fact I never told him.

My gut which has been biologicaly programmed for millions of years with enzymes to help keep me alive and safe (paranoia?) I trust and believe in an I do not need any proof of its ability to work to ensure my survival.

I answered your questions and then deleted them because I do not trust any mans motives and intent except for Jim.

You need proif and validation and data and whatever to believe. Thats you. Thats how you are. I dont. Im happy in my lala land but it doesnt sound like you are happy in tge world you created for yourself. Maybe your solar arc venus uranus thing you got moving will move some new good stuff for you.

You didnt answer my questions btw.....
    But maybe they are just to lala feeling touchy kinda stuff for you, guys usually hate emotional stuff.

Good luck always

James Condor
    Zodiac Member
    Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:15 am

I think the definitions of planetary energies/qualities need to be more clearly defined using more examples and by distinguishing between other planets.
    In understanding Mars for example, it’s easy to comprehend the idea of it-energy, physical, sex drive, moral courage to defend beliefs-. But to experience this first hand and point out each planet in action, is a challenge.
    Say there is a study where people are video taped throughout their daily life and then specific astrological research and knowledge can then be pointed out as to the persons ego (Sun) , persona (Moon) actions (Mars) and so on and also to see other planetary energies and aspects via the video.

James Condor
    Zodiac Member
    Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:18 am

If I were to analyze Mars in ones chart, where would I start? Would I see how they walk? How they move? Dance? How they fight? And how do I know any of what I see isn’t actually another planet like the Sun (ego) or. For example. Defining ones beliefs contains the words “defending” and “beliefs”. Which part is Mars, defending or beliefs or both. I think of Mercury as obtaining Beliefs and the Sun as being those beliefs and Each planet could be responsible on some way. Where to define each planet as by breaking down the real processes as opposed to ideas.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
    Irish
    Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:42 am

I've never seen that done through video although there are thousands of books that delineate what each planet means, and several that delineate what they mean in combination.

I think part of the problem is you're trying to isolate each planet and it's energy, but planets act in concert. They influence each other, and the signs influence them as well and the environment they're acting in (rich person/poor person/working person/homeless person) influences how they act as well.

Maybe if you started with the differences between Mars and Jupiter, then looked to the Sun with Mars vs the Sun with Jupiter.

The planetary influences do overlap some. It's like the color green. What's the difference between green and blue? Teal. Seafoam. What's the difference between green and yellow? We don't even have color names for most of that overlap. But there's a clear difference between blue and yellow. I think that's how the planets combine. There's very little pure Mars or pure Jupiter. But we can tell them apart. Start with what you can tell apart, and work your way around, skipping the overlaps at first. When you find the overlaps, then compare those to each other and the differences should come clearer.

Jim Eshelman
    Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:56 am

The overlap is especially true if you look at overt, acted-out behavior. Six people could do essentially the same thing - the same act with the same tone - but with different motivations (i.e., for different reasons). The planet distinctions won't be in the action but in the motivation, the need-cluster that motivated it.

This is indeed part of the challenges we deal with: Astrologers who don't work just from theory primarily have observable behavior to work with (to observe); yet, behaviorism will tend to throw off the observer. Astrology's operations are in the intrapsychic patterns which precipitate into behavior, not in the behavior itself. For example, I think the planets are best expressed as fundamental needs, and I've tried to define them increasingly so in recent years.
    Jim Eshelman
    www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
    Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:00 pm

A game we used to play a lot in classes and talking among ourselves is the kind of contrast you are describing. "Which would be more X: Planet A or planet B?" E.g., "What's the difference between classic male gender-driven behavior arising from Sun vs. Mars vs. Jupiter?" "What's the difference between Venus and Neptune romance?" "What's the planet of reality?"
    Jim Eshelman
    www.jeshelman.com

James Condor
    Zodiac Member
    Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:42 pm

Today, I feel sad, energetic and lonely. Friends important

Veronica
    Synetic Member
    Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:12 am

Im sorry your sad. I hope you cheer up.

Maybe a nice long hike in the fresh air could help.
    Or the nice feelings a good work out brings.

When I am sad I try to find something constructive to do, like transplanting my houseplants or mopping the floor or rearranging and clearing out the closets.

Sometimes I just cry though, saddness and tears actually help get rid of built up toxins in our body.

James Condor
    Zodiac Member
    Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:22 pm

Thanks Veronica. This full moon is powerful

Veronica
    Synetic Member
    Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:23 pm

James Condor