2017 Libsolar

Q&A and discussion on Sidereal Solar & Lunar Ingresses, and transits & quotidian progressions of solar ingress.
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
2017 Libsolar

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:45 am

Libsolar Oct 18, 2017, 0:26:17 AM EDT
Washington, DC

(See other parts of the U.S. here:) Map 1 Map 2

For the three months October 18 to January 15, a positive, upbeat partile Mercury-Jupiter conjunction exactly squares Ascendant. This joins powerful change indicators: Pluto exactly square Midheaven (with Moon square Pluto), and a foreground Sun-Uranus opposition.

Libsolars tend to serve as the "final act" of each year's Capsolar drama - their angles are nearly always very close to the Capsolar angles - and this year will continue that trend: Themes to which 2017 has been building will converge and come to a head in a dramatic movie-like climax in this last quarter before the (substantially different) 2018 Capsolar. Mostly, this will be fiercely positive - with emphasis on the fierce, because this is not a tame, well-behaved chart of settled old orthodoxies. Conventions are advantageously challenged, shaken, and abandoned.

Though bad things do happen under Mercury-Jupiter influence, they are infrequent: This is an uncommon aspect for tragic events. (When it occurs, "bad" is in the eye of the beholder: Nearly always, one party has a great success to the detriment of someone else, whether a high-stakes robbery or an attack.) Most often, we expect diplomatic success, commercial alliances, trade negotiations, successful conversations and cooperation, and major judicial action. Especially, it is a favorable time for conducting business, so commerce should flourish. People spend more time listening to each other, and mostly good things come from this.

From Mercury-Jupiter (especially with Moon conjunct Venus), we might expect a kindlier, more comfortable time, more prone to diplomacy and alliances than to antipathies; but three factors ensure that things will not be calm, routine, and predictable. Two are Pluto square Midheaven (0°50') with Moon square Pluto (0°12' in mundo). These signify high-impact events, primarily separative and disruptive, that stun our senses and halt our minds with their intensity. Mainstream and counter-establishment sensibilities form the scrimmage. Unnatural events under Pluto tend to be fiercely political, such as leader deaths, departures, and similar crises, terrorist attacks, severing historic relations, and populist challenges to prevailing authority.

The other shaker is Sun opposite Uranus (1°36'), which especially bring events psychologically (and often physically) startling and explosive. These can take numerous forms, from great discoveries benefiting everyone to natural disasters, large fires and explosions, sudden violent attacks, and calling leaders to task.

I doubt the hurricane season is over. Besides the Uranus and Pluto indicators, we have a Moon-reinforced Venus-Pluto mundane square (1°52') that is geographically distinctive to Washington and nearby areas. In a time of heightened (and likely successful) diplomacy and negotiation, this aspect suggests dramatic changes in relationships, such as secured alliances and treaties; but it also anticipates stark severing of emotional ties, as in loss of loved ones and the destruction of homes and community, on a scale that stuns one’s sensibilities. "Government rescue and bail-out" is the phrase that seems to synthesize the widest range of the elements of this chart.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: 2017 Libsolar

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:54 am

Here are interpretations for Mercury, Jupiter, and Pluto angular from Chapter 7 of Sidereal Mundane Astrology, providing a longer list of specific event types that occur when these planets take the lead. (I've tweaked them a little to adapt to conditions distinctive to this chart.)
MERCURY FOREGROUND wrote:Expect obvious themes of commerce, communication, transportation, and technology. Mercury is a lead planet in war, especially air attacks, and even attacks by the air, i.e., excessive wind.

Often, Mercury simply means that the news media mobilizes. “Special broadcasts,” media events, and incidents that interrupt normal broadcasts for news reports (especially if they take over the airwaves for a long stretch) are all Mercurial. For smaller events, therefore, Mercury simply means, “Here is where the news media will put its attention today.”
JUPITER FOREGROUND wrote:Among Jupiter’s manifestations are victories (such as major military victories and athletic wins); diplomacy and peace; and heightened prosperity, economic expansion, and a spirit of abundance, celebration, and even national pride. Rainfall is abundant (from “above average precipitation” to record-breaking cloudbursts and flooding). Events, if not purely political, economic, or aristocratic, often center on religion, powerful inspiration, and visionary movements and moments.

Jupiter, uncommon for most kinds of disaster in general, is noticeably absent for major fires, explosions, tornadoes, and the deaths and major crises of national leaders.
PLUTO FOREGROUND wrote:Pluto signifies high-impact events that stun the senses and halt the mind. Most often, these events cause separation or severing of connection, or a confrontation between mainstream and counter-establishment sensibilities. For natural disasters, Pluto events tend to be devastating and catastrophic, including disasters with an unprecedented scale of damage.

Unnatural disasters under Pluto tend to be fiercely political: leader deaths and crises, terrorist attacks (especially involving bombs), financial crises, catastrophic destruction, and severing historic relations. Natural disasters include hurricanes, earthquakes, and floods.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:58 am

A few highlights from other locations based on the two astromaps here. (The first is for conjunctions to angles, the second for squares.) Map 1 Map 2

In Map 1, Saturn strikes down the length of California. Mars marks the edge of the eastern Plain States. Mars intersections Pluto near Omaha. Pluto strikes across midcountry from the Dakota's to Louisiana, with a Venus-Pluto intersection at the Mississippi-Alabama border on the Gulf.

In Map 2, observe the arc of Mars square Ascendant across several Western states - these probably mark fall fires, among other severities. Moon-Venus has a nicer arc (but also a wetter one) from Idaho to Texas. One wonders if Moon along the Rio Grande, and a Moon-Saturn intersection near the border means a distinctive immigration issues confrontation with significant loss of life. Saturn marks the Plain States (remember, Mars is nearby in Map 1). In am very curious, and also rather worried, about the triple Mercury-Jupiter-Pluto crossing in mid-Pennsylvania.(The simplest interpretation is political and economic confrontations and destabilization, but it could be much worse.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:03 am

This most benefic DC Libsolar could explain/timing the extraordinary strength we are seeing on Wall Street with the new tax reforms. I have learned when you see 'extraordinary' strength' in Dow--there is increased % for a major top in the near future, but, who knows for sure. :roll:

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:27 am

Yes, I think it (on top of the angular Jupiter in the Capsolar) is showing the market. It's probably also related to tax bill itself, or at least the governing party finally getting the sense that it is having some significant successes.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:43 am

Though the market has been especially bullish recently with news around the tax bill, there has not otherwise been a change in its course that began with the Libsolar in mid-October. Rather, the bull-run traces primarily back to the Capsolar, which the Libsolar reinforces.

Here is the DJIA for the last 12 months. Notice that (despite some increase right before the election) it was basically horizontal until just after the mid-January Capsolar. From about February on, it has been a steady course, with a sharper tip-up in the last week.
DJI.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:24 am

Jim wrote:
Though the market has been especially bullish recently with news around the tax bill, there has not otherwise been a change in its course that began with the Libsolar in mid-October. Rather, the bull-run traces primarily back to the Capsolar, which the Libsolar reinforces.
Yes, I totally agree. But we have seen a couple of 300+ days trading ranges which has somewhat deviated (very short term) from the 2017 trend (your graph). Obviously, these 300 + days are contributed to the fundamental news of the tax bill, and IMO, this tax bill is finally something DC has agreed upon. IMO, this DC ‘agreement’ is supported by par-excellent symbolism in the Libsolar. I am not smart enough to see/understand why the market likes this tax bill, and being retired—the tax bill has little effect on my retired financial future, and probably little effect on the normal working person. If anyone sees this tax bill is helping the normal working person—please explain. Usually when we see Wall Street reacting positive to something—it only benefits the wealthy. In -lot of cases, when we start seeing bigger than normal up-days in the market-- its a tell-tell sign we are near some kind of important top, or in other words--markets always top on a piece of good bullish fundamental news, and bottom on bad bearish fundamental news. Larger range days are a red flag in my experience with technical analysis.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:54 am

BTW, the current Caplunar also has Jupiter rising. It's a Jupiter "run" on Year, Quarter, and Month (but not Week). The Caplunar occurred November 28.
SteveS wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:24 am
I am not smart enough to see/understand why the market likes this tax bill, and being retired—the tax bill has little effect on my retired financial future, and probably little effect on the normal working person. If anyone sees this tax bill is helping the normal working person—please explain.
We don't know the final form the law may take, because the House and Senate bills differ and have to be reconciled. The current Senate version more or less boils down to this with regard to the "normal working person":

Immediate effect is that, if you itemize deductions, you will pay much higher taxes because a lot of popular deductions were removed. If you don't itemize deductions, you will lower taxes because the standard deduction has been doubled (so you will pay tax on less money, so less tax).

But the advantages for the "normal working person" will evaporate in a few years, meaning that everyone but corporations and the rich will be paying higher taxes.

The "normal working person" isn't the one driving the market. It's those who benefit from significantly reduced personal taxes that most invest in the market. And the main driver is the belief that corporate earnings will increase significantly because of the bill. This is because it lowers the tax rate on corporations from 35% to 20% (unless that got changed again in the last minute rewrites).

If it goes through like this and I stop itemizing, I'll probably do better. Despite this, based on the fact that it will hurt two-thirds of the middle class and most of the poor, I'm unhappy it is passing.
Usually when we see Wall Street reacting positive to something—it only benefits the wealthy.
Yes, that's mostly true this time also.
In -lot of cases, when we start seeing bigger than normal up-days in the market-- its a tell-tell sign we are near some kind of important top, or in other words--markets always top on a piece of good bullish fundamental news, and bottom on bad bearish fundamental news. Larger range days are a red flag in my experience with technical analysis.
In addition to the angular Jupiter in the Capsolar, Libsolar, and Caplunar, Jupiter has been exactly trine Neptune - exact last Friday - so there is an additional (weak) factor of unreasonable optimism.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:50 am

SteveS wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:24 am
...this tax bill is finally something DC has agreed upon. IMO, this DC ‘agreement’ is supported by par-excellent symbolism in the Libsolar. I am not smart enough to see/understand why the market likes this tax bill, and being retired—the tax bill has little effect on my retired financial future, and probably little effect on the normal working person.
The market likes this bill because it gives corporations and corporate execs who make a lot of money huge tax breaks in both iterations of the bill. Rich people like it, and when they're happy, they buy more stocks.

The market also abhors uncertainty. The market drops on uncertainty and rises when something happens so they can tell what's coming, even if what's coming is a recession, which is what is coming out of this tax plan. The Repubicans know it. They think they're going to be voted out in 2018, and are already planning out loud to blame the Dems for the outcome of their actions. Out Loud.

Being retired, this tax bill has a lot of effect on your retired financial future and a huge effect on the normal working person. If you aren't a big exec making money hand over fist, your health care bill is going up. Medicare is being cut. Medicare, which is health insurance for retired people. This also opens the way to cut Social Security, which is going to happen unless somebody shoots Paul Ryan who is a seduced fool when it comes to economics.

And one more thing. Trickle down economics doesn't work. We have proof, aka every Republican tax plan since Reagan. The Republican idea of reducing deficits by cutting income (aka taxes) doesn't work. We have proof, aka Kansas. When you cut corporate taxes they don't pay people more! They invest in research and development, and if they are manufacturing concerns, they invest in research and development of ways to automate more and cut their work force.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:30 pm

Jim wrote:
In addition to the angular Jupiter in the Capsolar, Libsolar, and Caplunar, Jupiter has been exactly trine Neptune - exact last Friday - so there is an additional (weak) factor of unreasonable optimism.
There is no better symbolism for Jupiter everywhere---timing an important market top, and there is no better symbolism than Saturn for being associated with bottoms, as a general rule. Or, to state in other words, Jupiter times optimism (buying tops), and Saturn times pessimism (selling bottoms). The greater the optimism (Jupiter)—the greater the market top; the greater the pessimism (Saturn) the greater the market bottom. I have never seen this general rule fail in the history of market places, and there are clear technical signals that forewarns these major market tops and bottoms. If I had a vested interest (I don’t) in selling near major tops and buying near major bottoms, I would technically follow the following indicators, as a whole:

https://www.marketedge.com/MarketEdge/D ... iment.aspx