James Condor 2018 SSR

General Discussion on Solar & Lunar Returns matters for which a specific forum does not exist
James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member
James Condor 2018 SSR

Post by James Condor » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:00 am

Its that time again, when I have an anniversary of birth on Tuesday. DOB Jan 9th 1984 11:28a Valparaiso Indiana. Can I get a summary please, of what's in store?

SteveS
Nabu
Re: James Condor 2018 SSR

Post by SteveS » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:40 am

James Condor just posted in the Transit Topic:
Maybe the weather has been getting me down; it isn't helping at least. TPluto along with nUranus foreground is quite heavy. I have been feeling tense, bored, wanting a new life. I have felt isolated. I have felt empty. But, I am not stuck. I am not destructive. I have had a more difficult time expressing my true thoughts and feelings. Mostly, I have had a difficult time accepting my life. I feel I should be trying to focus on my desires, my future. Should I move to a 'better' town? Should I pursue more satisfying work? Should I try to motivate and push myself more? Should I focus more on being a better person? Focus on relationships with family? What risks will I, or won't I take. And my girlfriend, I love, but, she wants to settle down and live together. She doesn't flow well with allowing me to just be.
James, a-lot of what you said pertaining to your feelings above can be seen surfacing in your next SSR, which I will try to get into later, or any other members, feel free to jump in now with their thoughts.

Bi-wheel of your 2018 SSR (inner wheel) and Natal (outer wheel):

https://imgur.com/a/OLg5w

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:37 am

I agree with Steve exactly! There is a lot going on in your SSR, and your natal planets are especially the key to it. Restlessness is definitely a big part of the picture, and your natal planets are a big part of it all.

Happy birthday!

First, looking back... You're going through a series of years when your natal Moon-Mercury-Jupiter-Neptune is angular every year. Everything this means in you is brought to the fore. How did last year go for you, for instance? How would you summarize the last 12 months? In your much simpler SSR, transiting Mercury was angular, aspecting your natal Moon-Mercury-Jupiter-Neptune.

This year, though more complicated, has all of that (though widely). Mercury is at 3° Sagittarius, aspecting the same natal planets. They aren't the strongest things, but they're there.

What most impresses me about the new SSR is that your natal Venus-Uranus is rising! You want to live and love freely, to break out, to have wider (and maybe wilder) experiences. Both are strong, but your Uranus is stronger than your Venus, so freedom is a little more important to you than love - but you want both!

Neptune is widely square Ascendant. I'll go as much as 3° for a square to Ascendant, so Neptune "counts," though I'd prefer it within 2°, so Neptune is wide. (Similarly, Saturn is more than 2° from Eastpoint, so it is wide, but less than 3°, so it "counts.") First, Neptune squares your Venus-Uranus and, in fact, Neptune squares your Uranus within 0°01'. This is a weird aspect, not easy to describe, but try this:
Altered views of reality stimulate important inner changes. A dream or temptation inspires you to major changes, maybe to overhaul your whole life. Exotic ideas, ingenuity, new perspectives.
With what you wrote earlier, I think the angular-but-weakly Saturn and Neptune - which can be pretty depressive or morbid - manifests as your environment seeming drab and bleak. (I'm sure the weather doesn't help.) Natal Venus-Uranus angular also can seem narrow, constricting, and drab because it shows you wanting more freedom and color.

Against the drab, bleak, dragging environment, you want adventure and freshness and excitement. Your curiosity and far-reaching fantasies are engaged, as I imagine they were last year, and now you want even more.

So... you might as well look for a way to get out, get away, or whatever you are most propelled to do And the SSR provides just the impulse: An exact Moon-Uranus opposition (0°35')! Here is the full standard Moon-Uranus aspect interpretation:
Emotional excitement (thrill, hectic circumstances, dullness is rare). Being taken by surprise; responds to variety. Time of change (new directions, turning point, renewal; may be introduced to new lifestyle). Emotional stress (body and mind kept in sustained tension; nervous strain; possible anxiety or paranoia; watch your blood pressure!). Captivated by new areas of exploration (inquisitive, investigative, interests vary). Freedom from stereotyped attitudes (adventure, travel). Creativity, originality (manifestation of genius).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:54 am

Some hard numbers:

r Uranus on Asc +2°15'
r Moon on IC +2°41'
r Venus on Asc +4°39'
t Saturn on EP +2°07'
t Neptune sq. Asc +2°23'

Notice that this gives you two aspects you don't normally have in your natal chart (two mundane aspects "created" for the year by the orientation of the SSR): You have a natal Moon-Venus square (+1°58') and Moon-Uranus square (-2°24'). Moon squares them from very nearly their midpoint (0°13'). It should indeed be a good year for romance!

The worst transits in the whole chart are transiting Saturn conjunction natal Mercury (1°23') and square your Moon (1°47').

Ecliptical Moon-Uranus opposition: 0°35'

Mundane Moon-Uranus-Pluto &c. T-square:
25°57' Pluto
26°18' Sun
26°55' Venus
27°22' Uranus
28°32' Moon

Partile transits that are with you all year whether foreground or not:
t Pluto conj. r Sun 0°02'
-- t Venus conj. r Sun 0°02'
t Neptune sq. r Uranus 0°01'
t Mercury conj. r Jupiter 0°38'
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

mikestar13
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by mikestar13 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:59 am

I'll try my hand at it. This solar return looks somewhat uneventful. If fact, were this an ingress chart, it would be dormant. No transiting planets are foreground (though Mercury is close). So don't expect life-shattering events for good or ill. But the trend looks pretty positive.

Solar Mercury is in a tight T-square with solar Moon and Solar Uranus, so I will stretch the boundary a bit and call it foreground. This is the big indication for the year--the Universe will be challenging you to break free of anything holding you back, and to seek out new experiences and ideas.

Your foreground natal planets are Moon on the IC and Venus/Uranus rising. Also worth noting, your natal Saturn is deep in the background, leaving you fairly uninhibited--though fairly emotionally vulnerable (foreground natal Moon).

If you are so inclined, this is a good year to find a new love or discover exciting new dimensions of an old one. Your intellectual explorations and the new activities they lead to may be the lead-in for finding/rediscovering this relationship.

Also a great year for travel.
Time matters

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:26 am

8-) 8-)

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:25 pm

Thanks Jim, Steve and Mike. Jim asked, how was my last SSR, where t mercury conjunct n Moon--Mercury-Jupiter-Neptune.
What do I remember? It was relatively quick. Time sped up. I was not as deep or spiritual as the previous year. I was consumed, mostly, by work, and too much environmental info and/or, thoughts, too much noise (mental? )and too much texting from a certain somebody, whom, I didn't want to date, but did. I couldn't really focus. Multi-tasking. Noticeably routine in habit. Not really enjoyable. Not relaxed. Not exciting. Not bad. Not terrible.
I bought a new car (a mistake), got back with the girl I am with now (maybe a mistake)a couple times, who btw, doesn't leave me alone, lost my new job, went back to my old job

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:57 am

Hi James,
I could go into much detail about your 2018 SSR, but I think Jim and Mike gave excellent deleinations. But, I am most interested in your main final reaction to your 2018 SSR timed within your 2018 solar year. Jim teaches that our prominent foreground (when present) Natal aspects are most important to how we react to angular symbolism in our SSR’s. Some astrologers feel the conjunction is the more powerful aspect of all aspects; if true, your Natal Venus-Uranus is the most powerful aspect in your Natal Chart, but not foreground in the Natal. Mundo, your Natal Venus-Uranus cnj is partile, and Jim teaches partile aspects ‘reign supreme.’ So, since your Natal Venus-Uranus is rising and in the immediate foreground of your 2018, we should expect a strong inner “reaction” in your life to this angular Natal Venus-Uranus in your 2018 SSR. You have already expressed your most inner feelings you are encountering in your life now, which certainly confirms to us your may be primed for some romantic (Venus) changes (Uranus) Jim and Mike have already expressed this in their words. I now want to express your Natal Venus-Uranus cnj in the words of other astrological authors I deeply respect.

Ebertin says about Venus-Uranus combo’s:
Principle: The arousing of love, rhythm, eccentricity.
Psychological Correspondence:
(+) A strong excitability in love-expression, the impulsive stepping up of the sensations and feelings, the variegated expressions of love ranging between sentimentality and eccentricity, artistic talents (rhythm, music).
(-) A self-willed love-nature, peculiar inclinations, inconstancy, the tendency to be swayed entirely by one’s feelings, moodiness, sensitiveness, nervousness caused by repressed emotional desires, the urge for independence in love.
C. A strong and hardly controllable tension in emotional life, a self-willed and obstinate disposition, strange urges and inclinations.
Biological Correspondence: The rhythm of the libido and of the sex-life.
Probable Manifestation:
(+) The tendency to be particular and fastidious in the choice of a partner or lover, passing love- bonds, romantic love inclinations, popularity. – Births.
(-) A love adventure, nervous troubles, unfaithfulness. – Births
Bradley when Venus-Uranus combos are angular in Return Charts:
Venus-Uranus: This combination presages unique erotic experiences, particularly of the tabooed kind. The native is faced with and yields to sporadic temptations which result in his discovering new sensuous delights. This influence always reinforces and brings to the surface the homoerotic component in human nature, usually latent or suppressed into the foreconscious mind. He or she has the impulse or finds good reason to renew the wardrobe, “doll up,” and “go places and do things.” The native makes changes in his choice of companions, preferring a wholly different scene for the pursuit of pleasures. There is no room for remorse in his many-sided reel of emotional responses to the things he does or experience.
James, I have been posting lately about the North Node ('new' contacts, connections). I note your Natal North Node is 1,20 cnj your SSR Descendant. Keep us informed at the end of your 2018 solar year what happens pertaining to all the above possible manifestations with your Natal Venus-Uranus cnj tightly foreground your 2018 SSR Asc. :)

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:08 am

We can add Garth Allen's interpretation of Venus-Uranus in a natal chart:
GARTH ALLEN wrote:Freedom From Conformity is the blessing from Venus-Uranus. Natives of this famous combination are often called Bohemian, but the social rebellion which Venus-Uranus symbolizes usually takes less proverbial and obvious forms. Most often the revolt is internal, on subconscious levels, and reflects in outward artificial attitudes meant to protect an acutely sensitive emotional nature. The pleasure-drive is quite polymorphic in the Freudian sense of the word, accounting for the frequent association of this pair with verboten erotic tastes, although such outlets are secondary to the key meaning. Whether in dress or diet, mannerisms or allegiances, the revolt shows through, and the lives of these natives are lived out in a continuing battle never to feel mentally uncomfortable because of subconscious tangents. Like the automatic quiver of a horse's hide to dislodge flies, Venus-Uranus minds shuffle off any fact which might threaten their fetishes or fancies, these usually being offbeat, of course. Their greatest danger, for this reason, is falling into the habit of manipulation of truth for personal convenience.
And here is my current boilerplate paragraph on a natal Venus-Uranus aspect:
Pleasure drives are free of social convention or taboo, allowing enjoyment from a wide variety of social and sexual experiences. They approach friendship, love, sex, and other pleasure on their own terms, with a deep instinct for flexibility and freedom from artificial constraint. Socially popular, friendly, engaging, and well-liked, in response to their lightly flirtatious, genial, roguish style. (Underlying innocence and vulnerability is often masked by their social “character.”) Often requires distance from intimacy or depersonalizes affection, which can strain conventional pairings. Usually optimistic for society’s future with a deep instinct toward a less Puritanical, more open social fabric.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:24 pm

Thanks allot guys for the info and time. I will plan to keep you all up to date as much as possible

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:23 pm

January 10th.
Ate dinner with girlfriend. Had bedroom time. Talked. Then finally, for good this time, split with girlfriend. Was bound to happen and happened twice before, but for good this time. It was complicated.
She waited to cry alone, but I caught her, and it really hurt me. The day was already long and it continued to get longer, because I didn't sleep. It was torturing, rolling around all night, I screamed, I got mad, my mind raced. Work was productive still. I am feeling optimistic about the future again.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:35 pm

Whew!
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

mikestar13
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by mikestar13 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:30 pm

I'm sorry you went through so much--breaking up is hard to do, and gets harder with multiple breakups with the same woman. You have my deepest condolences. OTOH, breaking up withe the wrong partner is a necessary though painful prerequisite to getting together with the right one! My hunch is she (the right one) will find you as you pursue personal growth. Best wishes!
Time matters

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:07 am

James, would you mind opening-up a thread on 'Discuss Your Horoscope' pertaining to your Natal Venus-Uranus conjunction?

Danica
1st Warning by Admin
1st Warning by Admin

Post by Danica » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:44 am

James, happy birthday!
Amate Se Mutuo Cum Corda Ardentia
http://siderallia.blogspot.com/

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:49 am

Thanks y'all.
Mike, couldn't agree with you more.
Steve, I will open up a separate n Venus-Uranus topic, but I do not know if everything I experience and write about under the thread will be that in particular. I will aim to only focus on it; as long as people can distinguish. I will use your previous post reference on Ebertin.
Last edited by James Condor on Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:31 am, edited 4 times in total.

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:55 am

Feeling very tense, more than usual. Feeling stuck inside myself, wanting to break out. Break from? Life? Routine? Both? Last night, deep, dark fear and worry about my past, present and future. Images, voices, on repeat. Sadness. Hurt. Feeling inadequate at work, like I forgot what to do, somewhat. Also, just jot wanting to be there. Feeling like interacting with others should be more a focus.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:51 am

James Condor wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:55 am
Feeling very tense, more than usual. Feeling stuck inside myself, wanting to break out. Break from? Life? Routine? Both? Last night, deep, dark fear and worry about my past, present and future. Images, voices, on repeat. Sadness. Hurt. Feeling inadequate at work, like I forgot what to do, somewhat. Also, just jot wanting to be there. Feeling like interacting with others should be more a focus.
I don't want to comment much on this... I think the point is more than you felt the need to express it, and it's along lines we already discussed here earlier (e.g., your need for greater freedom in this new year, thus the feeling that things are narrower, etc.).

But I want to mention that, as you posted this, Midheaven in Valparaiso was 7° Sagittarius. First, Saturn was almost exactly at MC. Second, your own Moon-Mercury-Jupiter-Neptune had just passed the angles in the previous few minutes (less than quarter of an hour, I'd estimate) when you were noticing these feelings and writing about them. About half an hour before you posted this, transiting Moon and Neptune crossed Ascendant together. It was a moody, dour time.

I think it of value not only to distinguish ourselves from our transits by watching their behavior, but also to distinguish ourselves from "the tone of the moment" by watching patterns such as the above.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:30 am

Ah, gotcha

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:01 am

I've been more excited than usual. I've been more excited about current and potential relationships of any kind. More excited about the future. It seems, more open, crisper, creative, unique. I am noticing I am more inquiring about peoples lives. I am more interested in experiencing fun, travel but, while remaining focused and mature in the past I have lost myself, at times. I want to find myself again, or rather, see how I progress, or change, developed. I want to accept what the world has to offer at a higher cost than I've been used to. My habits are changing; my daily routine. It must change, because my perception of time has changed. My former habits seem in need of updating. Updated to minor, daily details, like, how I cook, how often; how I spend time before and after work, on the weekends. I need more efficiency. I want more travel. More experience. I need to use my time more wisely.