Article on Astrology becoming popular again

General discussion. What do you want to talk about?
Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Article on Astrology becoming popular again

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:15 pm

There's a new article in The Atlantic on the current rise in popularity of Astrology titled The New Age of Astrology with the scrib "In a stressful, data-driven era, many young people find comfort and insight in the zodiac—even if they don’t exactly believe in it." and a sub-title of "Why are Millennials So Into Astrology?"

Basically, it says people turn to astrology when they're stressed, and the last year has been stressful, and astrology is becoming more popular because of that. And several new astrology books were sold to publishers this summer.

SteveS
Nabu
Re: Article on Astrology becoming popular again

Post by SteveS » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:37 am

:) Interesting article JSAD--certainly shows a large demand of interest for astrology. Gave me a couple of ideas which I may test for 'new' teaching purposes in nearby metro areas in all my spare retirement time.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:18 pm

This link article in the Atlantic has slapped me across the face in many ways. I think I will experiment with trying to reach out at mostly my $ expense-- possibly reaching this ‘new’ generation interested/curious in the field of astrology. I witness a similar curiosity with astrology with my generation at the same age of this new generation. I have an excellent teaching location which is rent free and will test a trial balloon teaching astrology free of charge to only new interested students. And since I am retired with plenty of time, I will investigate free outlets for reaching large groups of people, if possible. It will become a fun Jupiter experiment with t. Jupiter hanging around my Asc for a couple of months. Any feedback/advice will be appreciated. I will recommend all new students in my area which I may possibly reach to join this forum so other members may be able to help these new students with their questions. Since I will not charge any teaching fees, I will ask any possible new students who may join this forum to make donations to help support Jim's expense with all the free time/effort Jim has spent for making this forum possible for us and our questions. Will update any possible progress.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:52 pm

8-) One route to consider for location is a local community college. They might make space in their evening program.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:38 am

Jim wrote:
One route to consider for location is a local community college. They might make space in their evening program.
Yes, I thought about this the other day, and will definitely investigate. I am approaching this experiment with my business sense but strictly in a non-profit manner for myself. My approach is to offer a free community service to new students who want to explore the field astrology. My main objective is to reach as many people as possible through free social media, which I have no experience except my own with exploring/surfing internet and this forum. I would like to take some type education course, community or college, that specializes in marketing/reaching the public through free social media outlets. My first thought is to find ALL cyberspace community bulletin boards in my area to offer my free teaching services. I want my teaching services to be very informal (definitely-non :geek: ), acting as a teaching foundation with the right material pointing to Sidereal Astrology as a solid foundation for their possible life-long studies into the field of Astrology. Today, I am going to make a couple of contacts about doing a simple one page webpage for possible interested new students to link through with contact information/specifics. I have always had great directional insights working with psychics. Today, I am going to make an appointment next week with a Psychic in Atlanta to discuss this experiment. I will post what the Psychic relays from that great 'other' world. :)

When/if I do get into a class room setting, for those who want a Natal Reading, I am definitely going to refer them to you Jim. I want to concentrate my teachings on important Time analysis with their charts (mainly your SSR teachings), as to the Principle: "Timing is Everything" or as Mike reminds us: "Time Matters." At the very least, if I fail in my communication approach, I can at least point new students to the right Sidereal Astrology material/books, and then the rest will be up to them if they want to pursue a serious study. I want this forum to become a go-to place for their possible future questions.

If it is meant for me to attract a class-room setting of new astrology students, I then want to pass on my class-room experiences to other members on this forum who may wish to take up their own Sidereal Astrology teachings in their areas as moonlighting for extra income, but with the go-to teaching/answering Hub being this Forum. :) Then, I hope good word of mouth will spread like a wildfire. :) We never know--until we try. :)

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:45 pm

Steve, while I'm thinking about it:

I've thought, over recent years, about how I would teach SMA if I set out to do so. Particularly, I slightly conflicted over whether to show only best examples, or a representative group. Generally, I've concluded that it does little good to show bad examples, so the best approach is to show the best examples, say that I've brought them the best examples, and point them to the book for a more rounded range of typical examples if interested.

This was basically what Bradley did: The original articles showed the best examples, cherry picked for limited space. (It was, however, fair IMHO, because the system actually works as advertised.)

Anyway, in case it is useful to you, here are charts that have been rated +3 and would represent some of the best SMA examples we have.

CAPSOLARS
Mt. Vesuvius eruption, Great Mississippi River Flood '27, Daulatpur-Saturia Tornado, Clipper Tradewind crash, Columbia disaster, Texas City disaster, Three Mile Island accident, Deepwater Horizon, R Nixon resignation, R Reagan shot, Fall of Saigon, Iraq War - Washington, Selma March, Hyatt Regency walkway collapse, 2008 subprime mortgage crisis - DC

CANSOLARS as Year Charts
San Felipe Segundo Hurricane, Baghdad July '16, 9/11 (NYC), 1837 Panic - NY, 1873 Panic - NY, 1873 Panic - DC, 2008 subprime mortgage crisis - NY

CAPLUNARS
St. Felix flood, Ghost Ship, 16th St Baptist Church, Halifax explosion, Three Mile Island accident, Edward VIII abdication, UK enters WW II, UK for VE day, D-Day, Benghazi Consulate attack (Libya), Benghazi Consulate attack (Washington), Columbine massacre, Jonestown, Declaration of Independence, SCOTUS Gay Marriage, Savar industrial accident, 1857 Panic - NY, 1857 Panic - DC, 1873 Panic - Vienna, 1987 stock market crash - NY, 1987 stock market crash - DC

WEEKLY LUNAR INGRESS
Huaynaputina Volcano, Tropical Storm Pam, Johnstown flood, Mid-Atlantic Flood 2006, Grand Harbour Malta Tornado, Great Natchez Tornado, Salt Lake City, Iroquoi Theater fire, Kollam Temple Fire, Lockerbie bombing, G Ford attempted murder, Bush v. Gore,
Prince William birth, Diana's funeral, UK enters WW I, US enters WW I, Pearl Harbor WASHINGTON, Korean War, Columbine massacre, Jonestown

CapQ
Laki Volcano, 1906 San Francisco quake, Tehachapi quake, Sumatra-Andaman quake, Hurricane Hazel, Hurricane Sandy, Mid-Atlantic Flood 2006, Sicily, Glazier-Higgins-Woodward, Tuscaloosa-Birmingham, Paris Metro fire, Peshtigo fire, Hindenburg explosion, Sewol sinking, Andria-Corato train wreck, South Amboy explosion, W McKinley death, UK enters WW II, Korean War, Iraq War - Baghdad, Fall of Kunduz, St. Valentine's Day Massacre, Oak Creek Sikh Temple shooting, Feb 28 Incident, Jonestown, Voskhod 2 - 1st spacewalk, Apollo 11 - Moon mission, Tacoma Narrows Bridge disaster, 1873 Panic - NY

TRANSITS TO CAPSOLAR
Mt. Pelee erupton, Fort Tejon, Friendship Theater Fire BEIJING, 9/11 (Washington), Luby's massacre, Columbine massacre, Storming Bastille, Apollo 11 - Moon mission,
Apollo 11 - Moon landing, Ronan Point, 1929 Wall Street Crash - DC

PS - This list got me curious which events had multiple +3 charts in their stacks. Easy enough to check from the data base!

3 events had three +3 charts:
Three Mile Island, Columbine, Jonestown

7 events had two +3 charts:
Mid-Atlantic Flood 2006, UK enters WW II, UK for VE day, Korean War, Declaration of Independence, Apollo 11 - Moon mission, 1873 Panic - NY

84 events (all listed above) had one +3 chart in their stack.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:03 am

Very 8-) Jim, these examples will be great to use, and I definitely will use them in any kind teaching setting. Great :idea: Jim!

Jim, I briefly talked (phone) with the psychic yesterday and will have further discussions with her later about ‘my experiment’ for possible local teaching Sidereal Astrology in my area. When I mentioned your Forum she immediately said you were a brilliant mind, and I said yes, I already knew this :) . She told me in the process of putting myself before the public for teaching purposes on various bulletin boards in my area, to first start with a link to your ‘Introduction’ on your ‘free’ Solunars Forum, and many :idea: :idea: :idea: went off in my mind. For example: When I determine all the free bulletin boards (online & public areas) in my area, I would post on these bulletin boards something to the effect like:

“Free Sidereal Astrology Teaching Classes”
Introductory link:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3

and then my "Local Free Classroom Link" for contacting me for FREE classroom teaching/discussions with directions to class room and weekend schedules. Yesterday, I also contacted a person who owes me a couple of favors and he is coming out to my house in a few days and set me-up on my PC with my online link.

I will do a simple ‘flyer’ to pin on local public bulletin boards with small ‘tags’ which can be torn off with our online links. This gives any potential new student for astrology two options: 1: They can browse your ‘Solunars’ Forum, and/or 2: They can attend my free weekend classroom site. Just making available your Solunars link allows the new astrology student to quickly see your site is free with serious astrological discussion that can be extended to a very informal setting in my free classroom setting. My online link for the classroom will explain other details, probably the main detail---demonstrating to classroom students how to do their own personal Natal/Return charts with a PC and astrological program of their choice. I think this is important for the layperson (new astrology student). Everybody has a computer today, and when a layperson (non-mathematician) interested in astrology can see/understand how simple it is to generate their own charts for themselves, this arouses their curiosity even more, it prompts them to explore/discover more about themselves through astrology. My online link will explain free classroom is more of an informal question-answer format, without strict teaching grinds. I still have details to work-out. When I get my online link up and running, I will post for feedback.

Every member on this forum who is interested in one day teaching Sidereal Astrology, has teaching options. I hope with my experiment I can figure out good simple ways for all of us to one day teach our own ‘styles’ of Sidereal Astrology. Even if you are not interested in teaching Sidereal Astrology, you can easily make your own notebook single page 'flyers' with tear 'tags' links to Jim's Solunars Forum, and keep in your car to pin on public bulletin boards which you may run into out and about doing daily errands.. For example: You can headline your Flyers something like:

"If you are interested in exploring free discussions about Sidereal Astrology, tear tag for online link."

or, just experiment with any headline which pops into your mind.

This will help expose Jim's great work to those new astrology students who may be curious, and according to JSAD Atlantic article headlining this thread Topic, there is a-lot of 'new' generation people out there who are very curious about Astrology for psychological support, but actually, all through-out history--there has always been that 'curiosity' about our starry heavens. :)

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:53 am

I can tell you're getting really excited about this :)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:32 am

If someone wanted to get into the business of writing popular horoscope forecasts based on the Moon-sign, I'd suggest variation of the above. There is no reason to use the 27 lunar mansions, especially because (1) they cross sign-lines so you often are unsure what Moon-sign someone has, and (2) we don't presently sufficient evidence that the mansions are distinctly valid for character description.

Instead, take an approach that will involve a little more work and yet has several advantages: Use decanates of Moon-signs. This gives us 36 10° segments, or slightly better than one per day. To write a year's worth of forecasts for everyone in the world, you have to write 36 x 13 = 468 paragraphs.

The basic method (which anyone could modify to their own style and satisfaction) would be as follows: Calculate 13 lunar returns for the middle of each decanate you're writing, e.g., for 25° Aquarius. (That part takes under a minute for a given decanate, including opening Solar Fire in the first place.)

Each of these charts marks the start of a "personal astrological month," i.e., it captures the start of everyone's SLR within a few hours. The odds are with you: Any aspects you cite are going to be foreground in the SLR for about a fourth of the people reading it, and at least somewhat valid for all the rest. People don't expect perfection from a mass astrology prediction, but they do expect it to hit the right notes for them what feels like "more often than not," and to feel personal. The astrological methods recommended here are legitimate, should indeed be accurate more often than not, and (subject to your ability with language) will indeed feel personal.

You don't have their natal planets (but do know their Moon-sign). You don't know for sure whether these aspects are foreground in their SLR, but you do know that, as partile aspects, they will be important (and, as current transiting aspects, they will be affecting mass-mind more broadly). You can have the confidence that it's real astrology, not just fortune-cookie writing.

Provide yourself a cheat-sheet of, say, seven to ten basic traits or themes natural to each Moon-sign so that you can weave these into the paragraphs as you go. Make sure you're comfortable with (or have good cheat sheets for) how transit-to-transit aspects work in the SLR. Then dive in.

For each chart (each of the 36 x 13 forecasts), do the following:

(1) Look for partile conjunctions, oppositions, and squares in the calculated chart. This will be almost the entirety of your forecast.
(2) If there aren't any, or you need more content, stretch orbs to 3°.
(3) In the occasional chart where this isn't enough, bring in trines and sextiles, preferably 1° and no more than 3°, but understand that you are probably crossing into "fake astrology." (They will at least be valid in the general populace as "mass mind current aspects" for a day or day at the start of the "personal month.")
(4) Whichever of the above rules you use, select the aspects in question for this forecast and write the whole forecast almost entirely on that.
(5) Knowing the person's Moon-sign, talk to them in terms of their own reality on the world - hit themes that are regularly important to someone with that Moon-sign, etc. Have a few catch phrases you reuse so they come to identify with the fact that you are talking to them "individually."
(6) If there is a transit (e.g., slow planet) in conjunction, opposition, or square with the decanate for the whole four weeks, work its interpretation into the whole story.
(7) Observe other planets moving into and out of conjunction, opposition, or square with the Moon decanate and (with language appropriately date-vague to account for the plus-minus 5° uncertainty of Moon) give an interpretation of those transits.

As an example: My next SLR looks pretty simple, with nothing on the angles but transiting Jupiter exactly square Ascendant. But, if I didn't have the ability to calculate this, what might I see? My 27°24' Aquarius Moon would fall in the third decanate of Aquarius, for which the astrologer would have calculated a chart for 25°00' Aquarius on January 21, 2018.

There are no partile hard aspects. Only one close hard aspect appears: Sun conjunct Venus. This is the core of the forecast (and might even come out accidentally sounding like that angular Jupiter reality.) I see it isn't partile, so I don't write it like this is a "really big, could change your life" kind of things, more the tone of the song, "I'd Really Love to See You Tonight." If I need more "filler" and would prefer to use something real and potentially valid instead of something completely fake, I have a Jupiter-Pluto sextile to leverage. All along, I write this as if I'm talking to someone with Moon in Aquarius. I then hit the Animate button and walk it forward through the next 27 days, and don't find any planets transiting the last third of Hub signs, so I quit. If I'm really hard up for filler, I can stop the animation half-way through and notice that, on the day of the Demi-SLR, there is a partile Venus-Jupiter square - "The last half of your month is especially suitable for those social and romantic pleasures that..." etc.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:55 pm

Jim wrote:
I can tell you're getting really excited about this :)
Yes indeed! I am staring to see/feel good possibilities with t. Jupiter closing in on my Natal Asc :) . I just need to work-out the details and then put into action and see what happens. I am going to try and time first class with my April SLR. I want to run it by the psychic (Susan) on a ‘one on one’ in person setting with some pointed questions.

As for your last post about the Indian method, I think I understand where you are coming from but need to let it percolate for a while. I can certainly see/understand why an Indian astrologer would attract more “that’s a hit” with readers than Sun Sign newspaper readings. :) 8-)

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:01 pm

Yes. I don't know what exact methods they might use - it probably varies from astrologer to astrologer - but basing it on a subset of the Moon-sign let's you read some of the features of the SLR. Fagan's reference to the "highly successful Indian Moon-sign method," I am sure, is just a reference to, "India's unusually successful popular horoscope columns" which, based on Moon-placement, have access to a lot of real astrology you can't pull from a Sun-sign position.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:34 pm

8-) Fagan sure did investigate a-lot of astrology.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:52 pm

SteveS wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:34 pm
8-) Fagan sure did investigate a-lot of astrology.
Yes... and he also had some Indian astrologers as friends. They surely bragged about how their popular horoscope guides were so much better than hours :)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:33 am

Jim wrote:
Yes... and he also had some Indian astrologers as friends.
:?: I am very curious how & why Fagan hooked-up with Indian astrologers, as friends. I can only guess this happened before he actually discovered Sidereal Astrology with his devoted work, but I am beginning to see now why Fagan had a deeper understanding with the SLR by his exposure to Indian astrologers. I have always been somewhat perplexed why SLR Sun aspects to SLR Planets are not that outstanding relative to my life experiences with SLR,s. But, since I have started paying more attention to Fagan's writings about tight SLR Sun aspects to Natal Planets, and your recent posts about Indian astrologers and their 'Moon Astrology, I am seeing more revelations about the SLR. i know this: Since I have started looking more closely to partile/tight SLR Sun aspects to Natal Planets, I have developed a richer respect.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:04 am

Fagan wrote letters as well as articles. This was before calling people on the phone for a chat or booting up and posting on a forum on the internet was a thing. People wrote to each other. There were things such as Round Robin penpal groups, journal articles were expected to generate discussion (by letter) rather than be taken as gospel, and people who found somebody interesting would pass on their address and a bit about their ideas to other people who would then write back and forth with them. Fagan had the kind of community we had here, just slower to get a reponse and he needed envelopes and stamps
Fagan heard of Indian astrology, wrote off to somebody who wrote a book or article about it, and they talked. Some of them he talked to for years, and many he talked to well after the discovery of Sidereal astrology, as well as during the discovery.
Fagan didn't practice "if you're a tropicalist you can't be my friend" or "if you're a tropicalist you have nothing to contribute to astrology."

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:09 am

In other words, the same way I came to know Donald Bradley, Brig. Firebrace, and B.V. Raman (among others) as a Midwest high school student. We wrote letters :) (I kept nearly all of them. I still think some of those have historic value, and I should dig them out of storage and transcribe them for the forum.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:57 am

Jim wrote:
I still think some of those have historic value, and I should dig them out of storage and transcribe them for the forum.)
:) Indeed.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:05 am

Progress report on my upcoming teaching Sidereal Astrology experiment:
Last night my wife asked the Preservation Society Members for Springville to vote on me teaching free Sidereal Astrology classes in the ‘Springville House’ and it passed unanimously :) . A couple of members told my wife they knew others who would be interested attending my classes 8-) :) :) I hope to figure a success formula for attracting many new astrology students which can be passed to members of this forum, who one day may want to teach their ‘style’ of Sidereal Astrology in their locations. I have not had time to consult Psychic yet for this teaching experiment. Below is my first rough draft of the content to be placed on my contact link. Please, feel free to make any suggestions or constructed criticism.

FREE INTRODUCTORY SIDEREAL ASTROLOGY CLASSES
Class Room Requirements:
Must have an AA rated birthtime recorded on your birth certificate. Without this documented recorded birthtime, learning your personal Sidereal Astrology charting is impossible. This free class is intended for the new student of astrology and to offer a solid foundation for continued learning of Sidereal Astrology. No Chart readings are done in class but pointed questions about the structures for personal chart wheels are answered.
Where: The Little Springville House, (Address) Limited space available.
When: First, Second, & Third Saturdays, 10:00 AM to whenever. (1 Hour lunch break, refrigerator available), 10 Minute breaks every hour). Driving directions will be given.
Class content:
1: The main objective for this free teaching class is to raise the understanding for new astrology students that “Timing is Everything” and “Time Matters,” and one’s individual important time cycles of life can be seen/understood through the teachings of Sidereal Astrology. This is a teaching class solely designed to lay a solid foundation for the new student who may want to begin a serious study of Sidereal Astrology for special/unique guidance in their life. Class teaching is very informal with no classroom teaching/learning grind. Its a fun carefree looks-see at a great Branch of Astrology. Try to bring a friend or family member, always much more fun with friends/family.
2: A list of the ‘best of best' Sidereal Astrology books will be offered to all classroom students. Several of these books are out of print but still available as used books (can be ordered on Amazon.com). No books are sold in class. “Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested”. Francis Bacon
3: Class teachings are mainly based on Cyril Fagan’s pioneering work for Sidereal Astrology during the 50’s-60’s, and Jim Eshelman’s Sidereal Astrology teaching. Many, many chart examples will be projected on large Screen, with explanations, questions/answers.
4: Each Class Member will be shown how to generate and print their Natal Chart & Current Solar Return on a class computer with my astrological program. Each member will be shown hands-on how to simply generate their personal charts with computer. No astrological programs are sold in class, but different companies are offered who market different astrological programs. Free online astrological programs are available.
5: Each class member will be given my personal e-mail and phone # for follow-up questions for continued learning. Each class member will be given a link forum site started 10 years ago by my Sidereal Astrology teacher Jim Eshelman, who is available for questions and chart readings. There are learning members on this forum and is great place to meet people who are interested in their continuing education/learning for Sidereal Astrology. Private messaging is available to and from any member. This forum also acts as a support to help any member with any possible personal crises seen with their Sidereal Astrology charts and the length of their time cycles. This forum is a great place for a lifetime continued learning Sidereal Astrology with members all over the World.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:26 am

Haven't read your whole outline yet, so maybe you cover this further down, but you might want to leave out the AA rated bit about birth time and just say "your birth time as recorded on your birth certificate" and leave it at that. "AA-rated" is a very specific bit of jargon astrologers use, and will only confuse most people.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:36 am

My first impression also.

aAnd I'm biased against really long descriptions. Being long-winded, I had to learn early on to be biased against really long explanations <g>. But I also know that you know your town, and that this isn't your first advertising rodeo.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:59 pm

Agreed JSAD, don't need the AA rated part, thanks. :)
Agreed Jim, need to trim the content down, thanks. :)

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:13 am

Second draft for my online link page. Suggestions?

FREE INTRODUCTORY SIDEREAL ASTROLOGY CLASSES

Class Room Requirements:
Must know your birth certificate recorded birthtime. Without this documented recorded birthtime, accurately calculating your personal Sidereal Astrology Charts is impossible.
Where: The Little Springville House, (Address) Limited space available.
When: First, Second, & Third Saturdays of each Month, 10:00 AM to whenever. (1 Hour lunch break, refrigerator available, coffee/tea) 15 Minute breaks every hour). Driving directions will be given.

Class content:
1: The main objective for this free teaching class is to offer new astrology students a beginning solid foundation for learning the basic Principles for Sidereal Astrology. It’s a fun carefree looks-see at a great Branch of Astrology. Try to bring a friend or family member, always much more fun with friends/family. Many chart examples will be projected on large screen with explanations for Principles of Sidereal Astrology.

“Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested”. Francis Bacon
2: A list of the ‘best of best' Sidereal Astrology books will be offered to all classroom students, as part of a learning foundation. No books are sold in class.

3: A support link to a great free online teaching Forum about Sidereal Astrology is provided in classroom for continued education/learning. A great online public forum for learning Sidereal Astrology.

mikestar13
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by mikestar13 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:05 pm

IMO, this is one of best editing jobs I've seen, really reducing your first draft down to it essence, yet leaving enough detail to deter the incurably non-serious "I'm a Scorpio, tell me how sexy I am." variety of "students". (Not to single out Libras taught by the TZ to self-identify as Scorpios--these hopeless, clueless cases are found throughout the zodiac. )

I really like it that you make it clear that you give pointers to additional resources such as Cyril's books or Jim's website without selling anything.

Were I to have encountered an ad like like this in 1974 when I first started being seriously interested in astrology, no way I wouldn't sign up.

Maybe others will find tiny flaws to fix for the final draft, I've been unable to. Great work! Ad astra!
Time matters

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:35 am

Mike wrote:
Were I to have encountered an ad like this in 1974 when I first started being seriously interested in astrology, no way I wouldn't sign up.
Thanks Mike, I truly appreciate your positive feedback :) . Last evening, I think I discovered a great tool for promoting my free Sidereal Astrology Classes. It is Facebook’s “What’s Happening In” (Name of your Town-City). Mike, maybe you can figure out a way to promote your possible specialized talents in your current environment, I sure hope so, you have a sharp mind. :)

For example: I live a couple of miles outside Springville, population app 5000. But there are 25,000 Members who belong to “What’s Happening In Springville.” Every Monday, any Member can post free “What Do You Want to Say,” and most members are promoting their specialized personal ‘Services’ for the community. The cost for this tool is zero! 8-) :) All you have to do is download the free Facebook App on your Smartphone/I-Pad/Laptop/Desktop and join with any Town-City in your residing area. It will take me a couple of weeks to understand more details about this possible great promoting tool. This Facebook “What’s Happening In” community service is available with every Town/City within easy driving distance to my Class and reaches hundreds of thousands Town-City members within a 40-mile driving distance. I am going to have to start out with only my small 25,000 Members in Springville, out of fear I may create too much demand for the rent-free limited space available for my classroom. So, I will start out on a small scale, testing to see how wide I will need to promote in order to possibly keep classroom full. Any of you can do the same thing with this tool with any specialized/desired personal ‘Services’ you may wish to promote to your communities. :)

So far, this planned teaching experiment is becoming more and more exciting every day. Things seem to be clicking into place with a nice synchronicity feeling, something I would expect with a major slow movement of t. Jupiter over my Natal Ascendant, hoping (Jupiter) to expand (Jupiter) my personal Horizon (Natal Ascendant) with teaching a personal passion in my life---Sidereal Astrology. Of course, weather or not I will be able to capture any possible classroom audience with a continued learning/education of Sidereal Astrology remains to be known. My planned promoting launch date is around mid-March for classroom teaching to begin first weekend in April. Hopefully my teaching style will meet with success, and I will be able to start new students of astrology off in the right direction with a beginning learning for the great Branch of Astrology---Sidereal Astrology. :)

*If any of you guys out there implement this tool for your objectives, make sure you join "What's Happening In"--NOT, "What's Happening Now" in your community.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:52 am

When Cyril Fagan, the modern father of Sidereal Astrology, discovered the arcane/sacred timing truths with Solunar Charts calculated in the Sidereal Zodiac, only a handful of astrologers had the mathematical/astronomical minds to calculate Sidereal Astrology charts by hand. For the most part, the one and only true Sidereal Zodiac had been lost for over 2,000 years. Only a few astrologers could see/understand the sacredness of TIME with an accurate timed birthtime for Solunar charting in the Sidereal Zodiac.

Today, all new potential students of Sidereal Astrology need not the intellect of a mathematician/celestial astronomer to calculate Sidereal Astrology charts. In other words, for the first time in the entire known history of the world, any potential new astrology student (layperson) can now experience the sacredness of TIME with Sidereal Astrology charting with the Personal Computer/ astrological programs. The computer/astrological program has now become an artificial intelligence for mathematician/celestial matters.

What is needed for any possible new renaissance for Sidereal Astrology, is for the new teacher of Sidereal Astrology to put the new student of astrology on a solid learning foundation for Sidereal Astrology matters. Back in Fagan’s days, there really were no new students for Sidereal Astrology, the educational leaders of mainstream astrology were Tropical Astrologers, the only new students for Sidereal Astrology were the ones who could calculate Sidereal charts by hand, not an easy task. My main task as an experimental first-time teacher of Sidereal Astrology in any first-class situation is not to teach the new student how to function an astrological program, only to demonstrate with lots of AA charts with the computer-- the sacredness of one’s individual TIME cycles with Sidereal Astrology charting. My task as an experimental teacher is to only point the correct ways to Sidereal Astrology charting for the new student of astrology. After this, it is left up to the new student of Sidereal Astrology if they want to invest the time/money with learning Sidereal Astrology charting with their computers, possibly becoming their own Sidereal Astrologer one day. Once any new student of astrology experiences any part of their life with Sidereal Astrology charting their personal angles with planetary symbolism, they will be hooked for the rest of their life on Sidereal Astrology.

But, my first task, I got to get any possible new Sidereal Astrology students in that first class, to see if my experimental Sidereal Astrology teaching ‘style’ has any ‘after affects’ on their minds with follow-up learning questions. Without this ‘after effect’ I will have failed in bringing a possible new astrology student to a peak interest in Sidereal Astrology. But, even with teaching failure, a new Sidereal Astrologer teacher will probably network new clients/friends.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:54 am

Solar Fire and other such programs cost more money and have a steeper learning curve, especially for Sidereal astrology, than a beginning astrology student might be able to manage. It can be a real barrier. I think supplying your students with a clearly written handout detailing how to set up a Sidereal chart on astro.com would be a good idea.

Sometimes even people who own Solar Fire don't choose to go upstairs and fire up the Windows machine. Honestly, I think astro.com's extended chart options are a huge and continuing support for all branches of astrology.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:40 am

Yes, Marion is a big fan of astro.com - what she has used for years. I've never taken the time to figure out how to make it the slightest bit tolerable for me, but a couple of times I've asked her to do an astro.com intro for people, and it serves them well.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

mikestar13
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by mikestar13 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:49 am

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:54 am
I think supplying your students with a clearly written handout detailing how to set up a Sidereal chart on astro.com would be a good idea.
Honestly, I think astro.com's extended chart options are a huge and continuing support for all branches of astrology.
That's what I forgot. In recent year I did every chart at astro.com until I rolled my own software using their free Swiss Ephemeris dll. It's a really great resource and the calculations are 100% free.
Time matters

mikestar13
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by mikestar13 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:19 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:40 am
Yes, Marion is a big fan of astro.com - what she has used for years. I've never taken the time to figure out how to make it the slightest bit tolerable for me, but a couple of times I've asked her to do an astro.com intro for people, and it serves them well.
That's basically why I roll my own. Their sidereal offerings need some improvement:
  • Ingress charts.
  • SQ's NQ's, and PSSR's.
  • Correct presentation of Solunars. The numbers are spot on, but it's really grating to see any other format but the return planet outside, natal planets inside in the framework of the return chart angles.
I've more than half a mind to email Dr. Alois Treindl and try to get a discussion going, but I lack the technical expertise to handle the progressions. Does anything else belong on the list?
Time matters

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:55 am

astro.com already does SQs just fine. They don't do PSSRs (Nobody correctly does PSSRs except Riyal) because PSSRs are progressed in a whole different manner. BTW, you can set astro.com to use the Solar Arc/MC method by checking the box down toward the bottom of the extended chart selection page.

I think they've had such discussions before. The FAQ addresses trying to get stuff added to their already extensive and free(!) service. See #3: https://www.astro.com/faq/fq_fh_methods_e.htm

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:25 am

Thanks guys for all the feedback, and yes JSAD, I totally agree with everything you say about Solarfire and the free software at astro.com, but I know exactly nothing about this free astro program. If anyone cares to write out detailed instructions for using this free software with the main solunar charts, I would appreciate, and will definitely pass along to new interested students. But, at the same time I will encourage Solarfire to the serious students who can afford, since I will be encouraging all interested students to Jim’s Solunars forum which already has a-lot of Solarfire detailed instructions with Jim and I married to Solarfire. Mike, depending on if I can stimulate good demand and further interest, I may ask class for optional donations for you possibly developing a very simple Sidereal Astrology program designed specifically for the new Sidereal Astrology student. Just a possible :idea: that pop into my mind.

To change the subject, learned yesterday we all now have very economical access to large HD Monitor Screens. Why and How? China is flooding the Wall Marts with very cheep large Screen TV’s, China is scared Trump is going to f--k em on trade. Many households are buying these TV’s fast with their 5-8-year-old TV sets biting the dust or knowing their old TV sets are near an expensive repair situation, but only for the guts of the TV, not the TV Screens. I have been using TV repairman who has helped me a-lot over the years on other things besides TV’s, and yesterday I purchased for 50$ a 44-inch HD TV Screen to be used in classroom. I already have an extra 15-foot HDMI cord which I can connect to my laptop converting the TV Screen into a large Classroom computer monitor. By what my TV repairman told me---all TV repair shops, if they have not already gone under yet with the China flood of cheap TV’s driving the TV repair shops out of business, have bunches of old TV sets with large Screens that their customers have GIVEN them when they find out a repair job will cost 200-250$---and they know for the same amount of $ they can purchase a new cheap large screen TV. My TV repairman has 11 large working HD TV Screens in his small repair shop, but fears his days as a long time TV repairman are numbered. :(

mikestar13
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by mikestar13 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:02 pm

Thanks for the info, JSAD. I was afraid it wouldn't be productive to contact them.

Steve, astro.com does everything on line, just go to their website and navigate to "Extended Chart Selection". By all means, encourage Solar Fire for the students who are sufficiently committed and have the $. But astro.com is IMO the best free resource for the broke or unsure. I'd advise you to learn it and teach it. The chart section is easy to use, but PM me if you'd like a detailed step-by-step. If the demand is there, I'd be happy to work on a simple program you could make available to students. We'd need to discuss means of compensation, as a direct payment would be seized by the state as an offset to my Medi-Cal costs.
Time matters

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:15 pm

Mike wrote:
Steve, astro.com does everything on line, just go to their website and navigate to "Extended Chart Selection".
Will do Mike, thanks
Mike wrote:
I'd advise you to learn it and teach it. The chart section is easy to use, but PM me if you'd like a detailed step-by-step.
Damn good advice Mike & JSAD, yes, I will PM you or post to you and JSAD for detailed step-by-step, if needed. I am one of those Virgo’s that always need ‘step by step’ instructions for my confused style learning curves with completely new stuff..

I want to post later my dream simple Sidereal Astrology program for the new student as well as for all of us. Probably a pipe dream, but I still want to bounce it off everyone for their take.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:05 pm

Steve, I think if you use the site twice, you'll have it figured out. Go to astro.com, choose "Free Horoscopes" on the menu bar, choose "Extended Chart Selection", create a new account when prompted (I've never gotten spam from them) and follow directions. When you run into something you don't get, let us know what the problem is and we'll tell you what to look for.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:08 am

Thanks JSAD, going to astro.com now.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:41 am

Mission accomplished JSAD 8-) , thanks :) . Can I use this free software to set only outer planet transits (Jup-Pl) to Natal Angles for 1 year, and get any possible hits with a list?

https://imgur.com/a/GIrst

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:41 am

No idea, sorry.
Be sure to check out what you get when you click the line that says Additional Tables (PDF) on any chart diagram. (Upper left side right above the box giving the details of the chart.)

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:05 am

The more I contemplate JSAD’s link article in this topic, the more I am convinced, the best way for us to spread Jim’s work to any possible new astrology students with Sidereal Astrology is through all forms of Social Media within our communities. I am trying to educate myself with all forms of communications with Social Media. I was talking with my Librarian the other day, asking the best way for me to get educated communicating with all forms of Social Media in my community. She told me there was a junior (female) in High School who tutors senior citizens on the basics of the internet, and she thought she may be able to help me with my learning curve with all forms of social media, stayed tune for further developments about this learning possibility.

I see so many possibilities for us with social media to put ourselves before our communities with whatever our personal objectives are with Sidereal Astrology. My main objective is to figure out a way to teach certain aspects of Sidereal Astrology with a revolving door to classroom teachings. And I know my best style for my brand of teaching will be through my Scorpio Moon where Jim has posted about Scorpio Moons with Fagan’s delineations:
Strong sense of the dramatic and mysterious is added to all they say and do. Popular story-tellers. Love to hold audience's attention.
These words by Fagan are so true for my soul so I want to structure my Sidereal Astrology classroom teachings around my innermost Scorpio Moon core. Everyone loves a good mystery and I love to tell stories, so I am going to tell the story about the beautiful mysterious things about Sidereal Astrology, delivered in a casual manner, mixing in cherry-picked Sidereal Astrology charts. In my mind/soul, Sidereal Astrology charting with AA birth times is the most beautiful mysterious component of my entire life. Sidereal Astrology charting has acted like a life-giving elixir for my life, so I am going to try and extend this through classroom teachings.

I damn sure am going to take astro.com free astrology program and link it up with Facebook in my community with detailed Sidereal Zodiac instructions for anyone who wishes to calculate their Natal Charts, seeing their positions of Sidereal Natal Suns and Moons. At the same time linking those who calculate their charts with all the words Jim has posted on this forum about Sidereal Suns/Moons. I see so much potential for us to expand (Jupiter) the words/teachings of Sidereal Astrology through our communities with free social media. I just need to learn certain specific details about free social community media in order to process/organize through my Virgo mind. As I learn these details—I will post--so any Sidereal Astrologer on this forum has the same options with free social media in their community to put themselves before their public. :)

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:11 am

I am trying to learn how to use Facebook’s “What’s Happening In Town’s/Cities” to post a link to Astro.com free software for any community Facebook members who may want to compute their Sidereal Natal Charts. If I can accomplish this mission, I then want to provide links to Jim’s work on Sidereal Sun-Moon signs. So far, a dead end. Next, I am going to try and make contact with a moderator for Facebook’s “What’s Happening In Springville” for the moderator’s opinion/help. If I can figure out a way to achieve this objective, I will post detailed instructions for all interested members who may want to do the same in their communities. I have a secondary motive for this objective: This will help give me better exposure in my community for possible free classroom teachings on Sidereal Astrology. :)

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:29 am

For any member who may be interested in teaching/consulting Sidereal Astrology within there community, and providing a link to Jim's forum, this begins the Steps Instructions for joining “What’s Happening In (your town/city community).
1: Download the free Facebook app on your I-phone.
2: Then tap the Facebook icon on your I-phone
3: Then tap the ‘search’ box at top of screen.
4: Then type in What’s Happening In (your town/city community).
5: A ‘join’ button will appear, tap the ‘join’ button. You will see a pending button to tap for community guidelines, and possible administers/moderators names. Try to make contact with Adm/Mod to discuss best way for you to teach or consult in your community as a Sidereal Astrologer by communicating through facebook community.

Wait 2-3 days and when you tap the Facebook icon on your phone you will notice you are now joined with your community. I have not exactly figured out the proper processes for posting/responding on community facebook yet, but will post as my learning curve advances.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:25 pm

Here are the detailed FIRST-TIME instructions for new Sidereal Astrology students to get their Sidereal Sun & Moon signs with astro.com free software. I ask members to test and help me tweak these instructions, if necessary.
1: Click on www.astro.com
2: Click on FREE HOROSCOPES (twice) at top of page under Astrodienst. This should move you to Free horoscopes at Astrodienst Page (make sure this is right page).
3: Then you will see Extended Chart Selection page. (click link— ‘click here to go to the data entry page’.
4: You should now be in Birth Data Entry Page
A: Type in your first name or any name. Do not use any last names for security reasons
B: Click Gender button.
C: Next to birthday box, type in day of birth
D: Next to birthday box, click small down black arrow, then click on month of birth.
E: Next to hour box with 3 ???, click on small down black arrow, and then click on your hour of birth. You should notice your hour of birth appear in box preceded by another number (don’t mind this other number)
F: Then click on ‘min’ box and type in the minute of your birth.
G: Then next to country box, click on small black down arrow, then click on your birth State.
H: Then next to birth town box, type in your birth town/city, then click on next box that appears under the town/city box.
I: Then click continue box.
J: Now you should be looking at an Extended Chart Selection Page. Under OPTIONS, you MUST click SIDEREAL box. When you do this, next to Ayanamsha you will see two words: Fagan/Bradley
K: Then the box above OPTIONS which says: ‘click here to show the chart’
Then scroll down to bottom of page, writing down your Sun & Moon signs.
I ask all members who have listed their birth data on this forum to test these detailed instructions for me for feedback to see if they get their correct Sidereal Sun & Moon Signs. Thanks. :)

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:16 pm

Works.

As long as you're not getting into houses (and why would you) the house system doesn't matter. The MC and ASC are correct.

mikestar13
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by mikestar13 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:25 pm

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:16 pm
Works.

As long as you're not getting into houses (and why would you) the house system doesn't matter. The MC and ASC are correct.
I disagree. Until the student gets to the point where he will be creating mundoscopes, Campanus is the best approximation of angularity, especially in regard to seeing what's in the backgound. Now, for a birth in southern Mexico, pretty much any quadrant system will do, but in, say, Scotland there is a really big difference between Placidus and Campanus at some times of the day.

Perhaps worth noting: If you sign up for a free membership, you can set personal defaults for all your charts. Mine is of course Sidereal, Fagan/Bradley, Campanus.
Time matters

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:35 am

I am trying to arrange a meeting with the moderator for Facebook’s ‘What’s Happening In Springville.’ First, I want to provide a link for the moderator to JSAD’s article on this thread. Then, I want to discuss with her about the best way for putting a permanent link for astro.com free horoscopes on Springville’s facebook community site. If successful, then I want to link everyone who is interested in their Sidereal Sun-Moon signs to Solunars written words on their Sun-Moon signs. Then linking info about my free Introductory Sidereal Astrology classes in my community. If I can achieve this objective on my community’s facebook page, I figure I can do the same with other communities in my area, at least reaching the eyes of hundreds of thousands members. I figure only a small % of members will be interested in their Sidereal Sun/Moon signs. I am trying to promote/revive the study of Sidereal Astrology for interested new students of astrology, at the same time relieving my retirement boredom by teaching free Sidereal Astrology classes.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:52 am

Sorry, I didn't put that well.

Steve, if all you're looking for is Sun and Moon position, your instructions are perfect.

Please ignore my confused reaction at 0:Dark-Thirty in the AM over the house system not being what I'm used to.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:04 am

JSAD wrote:
Steve, if all you're looking for is Sun and Moon position, your instructions are perfect.
Yes, I don’t want to overload the possible new student for Sidereal Astrology, only get them to their Sidereal Sun-Moon interpretations on Jim’s forum. JSAD, the thought just occurred to me: After the new student plugs in their birth data for the FIRST time on astro.com, the format changes for a second entry of birth data. I am thinking, I also need to provide detailed instructions for a second entry of birth data. Do you understand what I am seeing with someone entering a second Natal Chart?

BTW, last night I was contacted to begin my paid for learning classes with Social Media/Facebook-Community at 4:00 PM today at Library. A junior (Matthew) in High School will tutor me. I will eventually be passing on all I learn on this thread with detailed instructions. I am convinced most all possible new students for Sidereal Astrology are millennials and the generation behind them are plugged deeply into most forms of Social Media.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:50 am

SteveS wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:04 am
JSAD, the thought just occurred to me: After the new student plugs in their birth data for the FIRST time o
n astro.com, the format changes for a second entry of birth data. I am thinking, I also need to provide detailed instructions for a second entry of birth data. Do you understand what I am seeing with someone entering a second Natal Chart?
No, I'm not seeing that. Are you talking about the link at the upper right to "Add A New Person"? That's exactly the same.

On the birth data entry form, just above the continue button, there's a "show/hide extended settings" with a plus sign in front of it. Is that what you mean? If it is, you could mention if that's showing to just ignore it.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:49 am

Thanks JSAD, I think I now know what to add to instructions, if I do add. I will get back with you on any possible final tweaks to instructions.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:43 am

I now know how to navigate, post, respond to posts on 'What's Happening In Springville,' specific instructions later so any member who joins their community facebook will be better informed. I also can now communicate with the Administrator (Beth). Later today, I am sending a PM to Beth asking:

Hi Beth,
I am a retired gentleman 70-year young living in Springville for 34 years. I was wondering if it would be possible/practical to post a permanent link on What’s Happening In Springville where people for free could get their Natal Charts with their Sidereal Sun-Moon signs, with various key word interpretations. This link would be used for only entertainment purposes, no different than standard newspaper Sun Sign astrology. Below is a link article with statistical data showing increase interest in astrology. If you like, I could send you the link for people getting their free Sidereal Sun-Moon Signs with keyword interpretations.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/arch ... gy/550034/

Comment-Opinions?

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:20 pm

Talked with a psychic today (Susan), excellent reading about things going on in my immediate environment. I asked her read on me teaching free Sidereal Astrology classes and here are a few of her exact words:
It happens rapidly, like a match to gasoline, I will be overwhelmed.