2018 June Events

Analyses of distinct mundane events, using the methods of Sidereal mundane astrology
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
2018 June Events

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:48 am

Guatelmala volcano eruption
June 3, 2018, 4:55 PM CST, 14N28'29", 90W52'51"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Volc ... o_eruption

I have moved the discussion to here:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2320#p16610
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Danica
1st Warning by Admin
1st Warning by Admin

Re: 2018 June Events

Post by Danica » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:23 pm

It seems that NASA detected organic molecules on Mars - I just saw it shared on FB (the article is from today):
https://www.sciencealert.com/nasa-confi ... -emissions
Amate Se Mutuo Cum Corda Ardentia
http://siderallia.blogspot.com/

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:02 pm

Danica wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:23 pm
It seems that NASA detected organic molecules on Mars - I just saw it shared on FB (the article is from today):
https://www.sciencealert.com/nasa-confi ... -emissions
I saw that - pretty cool.

These breakthroughs are tricky to track astrologically, because there are several separate events along the way, climaxing in the day the discovery is confirmed - which was some unknown time in the past, before reports were written, sent for peer review, readied for publication, and spend time making its way off the press into distribution.

So the real mundane event from this today is the public's awareness of it. In general, the mundane charts for the U.S. aren't reflective of happy public events right now, but I'm happy to report that a "second storyline" flows through: Reflecting public disclosure, transiting Jupiter is opposite CanQ Moon, and today-tomorrow is when that transit rotates to the CanQ angles.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Yemen (Hodeidah) attacks

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:10 am

CNN reported this morning:
CNN wrote:As many as a quarter million people are at risk as forces backed by a Saudi-led coalition have launched an attack on a port city in Yemen. The fighting started at dawn in Hodeidah, as forces hit the city's airport and some neighborhoods. The UN said it fears tens of thousands could be killed. The coalition is trying to wrest control of the city from Iran-backed Houthi rebels. Since March 2015, neighboring Saudi Arabia has been leading a coalition of Gulf states against Houthi rebels in Yemen, after the rebels drove out the US-backed and pro-Saudi government. The UN calls it the world's worst humanitarian crisis, with more than 22 million people in desperate need of aid and protection.
The attack on Hodeidah began today, June 13, 2018, at dawn. Dawn was 5:38 AM.

Year: Capsolar (Dormant.) Moon-Mercury Moon-Saturn.

Year: Cansolar
Sun sq. Asc (0°25'), on MC (1°32')
Uranus on WP (1°18')
Mars on MC (4°41')
Moon on Dsc (8°19')

-- Mars-Uranus sq. (0°26')
-- Sun-Uranus sq. (2°25' in mundo)
-- Sun-Mars conj. (3°00')
-- Moon-Uranus conj. (3°57')

Bridge
t Jupiter op. CanQ Moon (0°42')

Quarter: Arisolar (Dormant.) Moon-Saturn.

Month: Caplunar
Pluto on IC (0°01')
Venus on MC (3°58')
Uranus on Dsc (9°05')

Moon-Pluto conj. (3°56' in mundo)

Week: Arilunar
Mars on Asc (2°35')
Jupiter on MC (7°41')
Moon-Venus sq. (0°12')
Moon-Uranus conj. (3°48' in mundo)

Day: Capsolar Quotidian
p EP op. s Pluto (0°06'), t Pluto (1°28')
p Asc op. s Sun (0°10'), sq. s Uranus (0°11')

Day: Cansolar Quotidian
p MC op. p Saturn (0°27'), conj. t Sun (0°45')
-- t Sun op. p Saturn (0°18')
t Jupiter op. p Moon (0°42')
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Indonesia ferry sinks

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:48 am

June 19, 2018, apparently near sunset, apparently near Samosir (2N35, 98E49) on Lake Toba, Sumatra, Indonesia

Though recovery of bodies has not gotten very far, authorities think all 192 people left aboard a capsized Indonesian ferry are dead. (This was more than three times the 60-person maximum capacity of the ferry; and the 192 number has already subtracted a few people that escaped because they were standing on the outer deck. There were 213 on the boat altogether.)

A skeleton WIkipedia page is up:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Toba_ferry_disaster

As a basic prelimimary, presuming Samosir Island as a location:

CAPSOLAR: In addition to the universal Moon-Mercury-Saturn, Pluto is 1° from MC, mundane square Uranus 3° from Asc.

CAPLUNAR: Neptune half a degree from IC.

CANLUNAR: A less vivid chart: Sun 1° from Asc, Neptune near MC.

DAY: t Pluto sq. Capsolar Asc about 1°. CanQ MC is ingress Mercury. t Uranus conj Cansolar Moon. - It's all fine enough, but I expected more, especially Saturn's transit of Capsolar Mercury to be on an angle. I'll reassess if we get better information about time an d place.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Travel ban is lawful

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:16 am

This morning, some time in the half hour following 10 AM, the Supreme Court ruled that Trump's travel ban is lawful.

So much for today being a major confluence of Sun-Saturn forces converged to make it one of the worst days for Trump or his administration ever.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:22 am

I think you're reading things too narrowly. It's not just about Trump and his administration. Trump is the Head of State. This is a Sun-Saturn event for the country.
Astrologers used to read the chart of the leader to forecast for the country. I think we still need to do that, at least on some level.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:30 am

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:22 am
I think you're reading things too narrowly. It's not just about Trump and his administration. Trump is the Head of State. This is a Sun-Saturn event for the country.
I thought about that. The thing is, Sun involvement in these charts usually is a direct reference to the president; if not, then of the government as a central nation-ego-hub; and if not that, then usually centered on a cultural hetro.

I suppose the indication here is that sense in which Sun on an angler anplifies the citizenry's mindfulness of the government's presence in its life. This shows up in diverse ways from FEMA attention after a hurricane to national suppressions, etc. It's akin to what we saw in Turkey over the weekend with the presidential election retaining a "strong man" in power with few limits on his discretion. Every major chart had Sun on an angle. Though one of them had Sun-Uranus ("change of who is in power"), the raw number of Sun contacts would have led me to say, "They're keeping their near-king with this election;" but I didn't jump on the fact that it was happening and look in advance.

But while I miht let the natioanl charts off the hook as, "OK, this is a conservative empowerment of a narrow, restrictive, suppressive authority," Trump has a new SLR today that should be savage for him, with e.g. Sun-Saturn across the horizon square his Neptune, plus Pluto on another angle. That should have been the psychological equivalent of a 2x4 across the face.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:42 am

Maybe he's not good at recognizing when things are going bad for him. That wouldn't be out of line with his personality.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:49 am

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:42 am
Maybe he's not good at recognizing when things are going bad for him. That wouldn't be out of line with his personality.
I do mke allowances that there are things going on we don't know. And thre is a whole month to go on the SLR.

But it's unuually clear symbolism matched closely what's happening on the national astrology front today, and whenever you see the same message from multiple directions, it's usually the same message about the same thing.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Avshalom Binyamin
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:21 pm

Until June 27, SATURN squares natal NEPTUNE (exact June 13). While, potentially, ideals and dreams may become grounded and practical, the aspect rarely works out that nicely. Personal demons and troubled mental states tend to emerge. Needs for security and certainty are great, so insecurity raises its head.
A New York judge says prosecutors investigating President Donald Trump's former personal lawyer's business dealings can have most raid materials later this week.

Judge Kimba Wood on Tuesday said lawyers for attorney Michael Cohen, Trump and the Trump Organization can make final designations on items subject to attorney-client privilege by Wednesday night.

Anything not designated subject to privilege or highly personal can be turned over to prosecutors after that.
Wednesday night is the 27th.

http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Judge- ... 03861.html

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:10 pm

So as of today, under an ongoing Republican majority in both the house and the senate, the National Debt is higher than it's ever been since World War II.

With Trump's trade war ramping up, our economy, and probably the world's economy, is going in the toilet.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:54 am

JSAD wrote:
With Trump's trade war ramping up, our economy, and probably the world's economy, is going in the toilet.
Exactly my sentiments JSAD. IMO, this is Trump’s greatest political danger-- ‘Trump’s World Trade Wars’,-- not Muller. It has now become very obvious to me —the triple cnj of Moon-Mercury-Saturn in the 2018 Capsolar was/is symbolizing these world trade tariffs that we now see seeping the world, probably the world’s worst trade tariffs ever in US history and the World, the main reason this is the first time in all of US Capsolars we have seen a tight Moon-Mercury-Saturn conjunction. Since Trump’s 2018 State of the Union address which timed a significant top in the Stock Market, the market has technically been in a long sideways trading base. A long technical trading base foretells market forces supporting either a powerful ‘breakout’ market move in either a bullish or bearish direction. After the 2018 Capsolar ends, if these Trade Wars still exist with growing trends, I strongly suspect a major bear market building in force. I know this: the market always knows the true economic future. But, if Trump is using these Trade Wars for negotiating a better trade deal for US and succeeds—then the market could breakout to the upside for a continuing Bull market. My gut instincts tell me 80% for a developing Bear Market, 20% continuing Bull market, Trump has a nasty 2018 SSR. After the 2018 Capsolar expires with this tight triple Moon-Mercury-Saturn applied to the whole world, and I see Trump lifting his trade tariffs with better 'negotiated' deals for US, then I may change my mind and flip these % market directions. Traditionally, using long economic history as a guide, trade tariffs are bearish for the economy in the long term of time. There have been times in history where trade wars have created actual military wars and what has me somewhat worried is the 2021 Capsolar which has high % potential for very prominent MARS WAR symbolism.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Kennedy stepping down

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:10 am

Justice Kennedy is stepping down at the end of July. Not when another justice is confirmed. Just announced 5 mins ago.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:11 am

As widely anticipated, Justice Kennedy just announced his retirement.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Maryland newspaper shooting

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:15 pm

Jun 28, 2018, 2:34 PM, Annapolis, MD (38N59'39", 76W32'37")
Capital Gazette newspaper

I have moved this discussion here:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2321#p16611
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:30 pm

Jim wrote:
CapQ p MC conj. t Saturn (0°38'), p Mercury (0°17') [they're conjunct... and this was at a newspaper!], p MC op. t Sun. Also, t Pluto still conj. Capsolar IC.
Yep.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Cal Poly Pomona shooting

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:01 pm

Two are dead - a campus cop and the suspected shooter - in a shooting event at Cal Poly in Pomona, CA this afternoon. LA Times broke the news at 6:05 PM PDT, but I have no idea when the event occurred other than "this afternoon."

Like all of Southern California, Pomona has Neptune setting (closer to WP) in the Capsolar and, more or less identically, in today's new Caplunar. Transiting Neptune also continues to sit on the Capsolar Descendant as a (long-term) "current trends" planet. The CapQ is off-kilter, though: The most angular planet is Jupiter square Ascendant; transiting Mars is too far from Ascendant.

The CanQ was more volatile but not closely. The Cansolar Mars-Uranus square is right at the edge of the usual orb for contact, and transiting Mars (again) is too far off. Only ingress Sun is clearly angular. Transiting Mars also misses, by just an extra degree or so, being in orb of conjunct Cansolar MC.

So the daily indications aren't strong at all, perhaps with it being a more modest event (regrettably, one person and his assailant being shot is not really that rare of an event in urban environments).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com