2018 Soccer World Cup

Developing & testing the application of Sidereal Mundane Astrology to Picking Winners in sports competitions.
SteveS
Nabu
2018 Soccer World Cup

Post by SteveS » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:42 am

Final Match July 15th all times CDT

When we get down to the final two teams, I would like Jim to offer his Sidereal Mundane Astrolgy sight analysis with all the Jupiter in his SLR covering July 15.

As a side note: I never have paid much attention to World Cups from a wagering standpoint, but the last World Cup in 2014, I noted a phenomenal Vegas betting situation: All the favored teams by the betting odds won their games, which was 15 out of 15 favored teams won! I told myself to make recreational bets (small wagers) on all the favored teams in the knockout round this year.

So far 2 out 2 favored teams won yesterday in the 16 team knockout round. In today's games Spain is favored over Russia and Croatia is favored over Denmark. When we get down to the finals on July 15, if I have any winnings and if Sidereal Astrology shows a clear winner or loser, I will bet 50% of my winnings. When we get down to the semifinals ( 4 teams), I want to pay closer attention to the betting odds on who wins the World Cup. Will update later as teams are eliminated.

SteveS
Nabu
Re: 2018 Soccer World Cup

Post by SteveS » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:06 pm

8 teams have played out of the knockout 16 teams, so far:
Favorites winning 3
Underdogs loosing 1

Tomorrow games: Both teams Brazil and Belgium are huge favorites.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:00 pm

Both the favorite won today putting the Favorite count 5-1. Tomorrow games have Switzerland a slight favorite over Sweden, and England a 2-1 favorite over Columbia.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:15 am

The Belgium Fans were partying yesterday with their World Cup Victory over Japan. Japan had a 2-0 lead and watch what happens in the last minute of the game giving Belgium a 3-2 Victory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7eZq7w_BGk

I love Q charting (daily charts) of all kinds. Below is link for Brussels, Belgium CapQ for the end of game yesterday. Note CapQ Venus (partying & victories for sports contest) partile cnj CapQ Dsc.

https://imgur.com/a/hXEfPWL

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:31 am

I think I'm noticing a pattern with World Cup, Steve, something that distinguishes it from the Super Bowl. (Each kind of sporting event may have its own characteristics.)

Venus is not a reliable outcome predictor in the Super Bowl. It shows up unusually frequent for both winners and losers (as does Pluto). I think this is because everyone is partying - not just the winners. Most of the partying (among the masses) occurs before and during the game, not in celebrations afterwards. Venus for everyone.

Venus has been a very useful predictor in the World Cup matches you've cited. I don't know the customs of soccer-favoring nations around the world, but I bet they aren't the same as U.S. customs for Super Bowl day. I'd suspect, from these charts, that the big parties occur afterwards, depending on whether there is a win.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:29 am

Good points Jim.

Jim wrote:
Venus is not a reliable outcome predictor in the Super Bowl. It shows up unusually frequent for both winners and losers (as does Pluto). I think this is because everyone is partying - not just the winners. Most of the partying (among the masses) occurs before and during the game, not in celebrations afterwards. Venus for everyone.
It could be Venus may shine more for victories this sporting year because it is cnj Sun, with Sun illuminating/distinguishing a city when Venus is angular.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:41 am

Maybe - I'm currently thinking, though, that it's the different social patterns around the particular sport.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:52 am

Jim, it is going to be very interesting looking at the Capsolar and CapQ for the final two teams. I think more fan psychology is spent with World Cup finals than our Super Bowl, because WCF happens only every four years.

TheScales_BothWays
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by TheScales_BothWays » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:58 am

What I find interesting is Japan's Capsolar Quotidian:

Japan's CapQ had s.Jupiter right on the EP and transiting Mars squaring CapQ Ascendant. Additionally, transiting Jupiter was also partile squaring CapQ MC. But, IIRC, about hour into the match, CapQ MC progressed past the 1º partile range from squaring Jupiter.

I think of t.Mars squaring CapQ as the "attack"/aggression/competition from the Belgian team, while the double-Jupiter symbolism as "protection". One of the Jupiters being "lost" meant that Japan lost "one major line of defence" or something. I did not watch the match, so I don't know what exactly happened, besides the fact that Japan scored two goals in the first half of the match, and Belgium scored two more in the second half, and one more in the last minute, making Belgium the winner. It's interesting, at the very least. 🤔😁
Jim Eshelman wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:31 am
I don't know the customs of soccer-favoring nations around the world, but I bet they aren't the same as U.S. customs for Super Bowl day. I'd suspect, from these charts, that the big parties occur afterwards, depending on whether there is a win.
I believe that is true. Even here in my country, the big parties only occur if there is a win (or a major accomplishment has been made). For a football team like Belgium's, getting into the knockouts isn't a major accomplishment. Winning a match like that, though, would definitely be something worth partying for.

But I'm still not too sure to rely on Venus for World Cup victories. Germany has Sun-Venus squaring its Capsolar MC, and they didn't make through the group stages. But there was definitely major worldwide sympathy for the team. After all, they won the last World Cup. Speaking of which, you've got to calculate Germany's 2014 Capsolar. Sports victory symbolism par excellence! 😄🎉🎊
SteveS wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:52 am
I think more fan psychology is spent with World Cup finals than our Super Bowl, because WCF happens only every four years.
I can attest. Even non-football fans get all hyped-up by the World Cup. 🌍⚽🎉 Lots of expectations, hopes and emotional (plus monetary) investment into this.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:20 pm

Thanks Scales for your excellent post. I looked at Tokyo's stack of SMA charts early this morning and saw no clear-cut Saturn symbolism for a loss. Jim's main rule for betting is don't bet unless we see at least Saturn angular in Capsolar-Cansolar stack of charts. And the best case scenario by Jim's research into 50 Super Bowls is for the winning city to show angular Jupiter for winning and for losing city angular Saturn, which is rarely the case. Correct me Jim if a miss staked your work.

I totally agree with your above symbolic analysis Scales, and if I had to bet on this game yesterday, I definitely would have favored Tokyo with its acute angular symbolism. Vegas had Japan as a huge underdog, but damn, Japan almost pulled off a huge upset for their fans, probably the reason we see so much Jupiter in Japan's SMA charts. I was a great (Jupiter) game to watch if you were a Japan Fan.! In hindsight the only thing that makes sense to me is t. angular Mars in the CapQ and angular Mars in Tokyo's Cansolar symbolized mucho anger-frustration with the manner the way Japan lost this game. I only looked at Belgium's CapQ in hindsight and saw the angular Venus but Jim's research proves angular Venus is 50-50 for calling wins. Let's wait till we get to the finals, unless we see an out of ordinary win or loss we will peer into Jim's SMA again and at least add to out learning group fan psychology which is certainly very entertaining for the mundane astrologer. :) Thanks again for you great post, glad to have a colleague looking at Jim's SMA work he so graciously did for me. :)

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:54 am

Quarterfinals begin Friday with the remaining 8 teams for World Cup Championship. So far, the count for Vegas favorite teams winning by betting odds are 6-2. I am wining 90 $ with my recreation betting on the favorites (yea :) ).

Including the 2014 World Cup in the knockout round of the final 16 teams and this year's knockout round of the final 16 teams, favorite Vegas World Cup Soccer teams with the betting odds are 21-2 in the final 16 teams knockout round. As long as I have been recreational betting (50 years) with Vegas Sports Book, I have never seen a favorite count run like this in any sport. I don't quite know what to make of this amazing count. I am intrigued enough to start making some calls to the Vegas Gambling Book stores to see if I can dig deeper back into Soccer history-- to see if I can add more numbers to this amazing winning favorites count, which I discovered in 2014 by paying attention to World Cup Soccer betting odds for the first time in my life. I doubt I will find much statistical history since not too long ago Soccer was not popular in America as it is now. I have started watching World Cup Soccer games for the first time in my life and have discovered they are most exciting to watch as a spectator because all the game are so close in score, with several going into overtime with kick-offs to see who wins.

TheScales_BothWays
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by TheScales_BothWays » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:29 am

SteveS wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:20 pm
Let's wait till we get to the finals, unless we see an out of ordinary win or loss we will peer into Jim's SMA again and at least add to out learning group fan psychology which is certainly very entertaining for the mundane astrologer. :)
Can't wait! :D

Also, thank you for your kind, insightful response as always, Steve. 😊

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:31 am

Scales wrote:
Can't wait! :D
Me too! :)

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:57 am

France & Belgium win yesterday making it to the final 4 teams. France was a Vegas favorite and Belgium a Vegas underdog, moving the favorite count for this World Cup to 7-3. Today England is a solid Vegas favorite -225 over Sweden, and Croatia a solid favorite over host Russia -190.

**Russia is a +150 underdog to Croatia in today’s World Cup. Take a look at the transiting action to Moscow’s CapQ (link below) today! App end of game 8:00 PM Moscow time.
t. Venus 0,23 cnj CapQ Asc
t. Jupiter 1,05 cnj CapQ IC
I will not be betting on Croatia the favorite. I will place a very small wager on Russia.

https://imgur.com/a/vKhyxXt

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:45 am

I lost my small wager on Russia with reversing my betting strategy by betting on underdog Russia instead of favorite Croatia, but the game itself was by far the most exciting game so far in the World Cup. Croatia won in overtime with kicks 4-3. So far, the favorites have won their games 9-3 and I am up 91 $ with my recreational betting on the favorites.
We are now down to the final four teams in the World Cup and competition begins again on July 10 with France (Paris) a -140 favorite over Belgium (Brussels), and July 11 with England a -140 favorite over Croatia (Zagreb).

Vegas betting odds for one of these four teams/cities winning the World Cup:
France (Paris) +200
England (London) +250
Belgium (Brussels) +275
Croatia (Zagreb) +300
Finals July 15 with the 2 games in the semifinals due to end app 4:00 PM CDT.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:47 am

Below is a link to Zagreb (Capital) Croatia 2018 Mundoscope Capsolar. Note Moon partile cnj Capsolar ASC, and Saturn 1,14 cnj Capsolar ASC. Vegas has Croatia the least favored team to win the World Cup and Croatia’s Capsolar confirms there is high % Croatia does not win this World Cup. If Croatia happens to win over England July 11 making the finals, then there will be high % whoever Croatia plays for Championship wins World Cup, but England is favored to win over Croatia in the semifinals.

https://imgur.com/a/VQvX4Qk

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:40 am

I have decided to take my 90 $ winnings in the World Cup which I have accumulated mainly betting on World Cup Vegas favorites and bet on France to win the World Cup. Two reasons:

1: I like the tight angular symbolism I see in France’s Cansolar, which is the flow through yearly chart since France’s Capsolar is dormant. And I really like France’s CanQ on July 15 bringing CanQ Venus back and partile cnj CanQ MC, and partile 90 CanQ Neptune, reading the Venus-Neptune ‘outstanding incident’ aspect as hysterical (Neptune) partying/celebration (Venus). Its not often we see progressed action like this with a Cansolar so close to expiring for a soon to be new Cansolar.

2: I am playing on Vegas money with my winnings and have nothing to lose, and most important I am getting 2-1 on my money, meaning I will win 180 $ with my 90 $ wager. If I wait until the finals to possibly bet on France, I will have to bet on France as the favorite, maybe giving 2-1 odds for a much less winning wager. I like receiving a good value bet with getting 2-1 odds on my money, which if France wins today over Belgium, I will be is very good value betting position, provided/if I chose to use hedge betting where no matter who wins the finals, I will win money.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:13 pm

France 1 Belgium 0. Alright, my team in the finals July 15. :D

The fans are happy in Paris. Paris ARIQ (Quarter Ingress) showed par-excellent symbolism for this victory.

https://imgur.com/a/zsvcigD

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:47 am

World Cup Finals, Sunday July 15th, app end of finals 8:00 PM for both finals teams, France (Paris) & Croatia (Zagreb).

Vegas odds: France -235 Croatia +180

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:09 am

SteveS wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:47 am
World Cup Finals, Sunday July 15th, app end of finals 8:00 PM for both finals teams, France (Paris) & Croatia (Zagreb).

Vegas odds: France -235 Croatia +180
This occurs in Moscow.

YEAR
FRANCE (Cansolar) Venus culminating square Neptune on Descendant, "and the crowd went wild."
CROATIA (Capsolar) Sun + weak Venus on EP. Moon-Saturn partile mundane conjunction about 1° from Asc. Lose.
CONCLUSION Croatia loses

QUARTER
FRANCE (Arisolar) (Dormant.)
CROATIA (Arisolar) Mars-Pluto tightly conjunct Ascendant (barely involving Venus). Explosive, hard-hitting, but some irregularity in how they compete.
CONCLUSION No decisive conclusion.

DAY
FRANCE (CapQ) Uranus sq. Asc (excitement, turn-overs)
FRANCE (Capsolar transits) Neptune sq. Asc (not determinative alone, primarily excitement)
CROATIA (CapQ) MC op. Uranus (excitement, turn-overs)
CROATIA (Capsolar transits) Sun on EP

FINAL CONCLUSION
There is nothing here to contradict, and a Capsolar to confirm, the experts' expectation that France will win,
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:30 am

Jim wrote:
Final Conclusion
There is nothing here to contradict, and a Capsolar to confirm, the experts' expectation that France will win.
I agree Jim. I kinda like the symmetry of Paris CanQ on July 15th 8:00 PM compared to Paris 2017 Cansolar, which is the flow through year chart, since Paris Capsolar is dormant. As we can see CanQ Venus has progressed to a partile cnj of progressed CanQ MC, partile 90 CanQ Neptune and partile 120 CanQ Jupiter. IMO, this is the high % winning chart for Paris, France.
Paris July 15 CanQ:
https://imgur.com/a/1sCAQjz
And, since the Zagreb, Croatia Mundo Capsolar reflects a very malefic tight Moon-Saturn cnj on Zagreb’s Capsolar Asc, this appears to be the losing chart for Croatia. But, only time itself knows for sure. :)
https://imgur.com/a/mS7AUhW

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:05 pm

My only disagreements are that I wouldn't count the trine under any conditions, and I'd not look at the CanQ as long as the CapQ shows something.

Same outcome, though :)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:57 pm

Jim wrote:
My only disagreements are that I wouldn't count the trine under any conditions, and I'd not look at the CanQ as long as the CapQ shows something.
I hear you Jim. It is very difficult for me to believe that CanQ is a coincidence, two days before a new Cansolar begins, which appears to me to be reinforcing the Cansolar itself with a CanQ pertaining to your observation:
YEAR
FRANCE (Cansolar) Venus culminating square Neptune on Descendant, "and the crowd went wild."

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:47 am

I wrote last week:
I like receiving a good value bet with getting 2-1 odds on my money, which if France wins today over Belgium, I will be in a very good value betting position, provided/if I chose to use hedge betting where no matter who wins the finals, I will win money.
I wrote this before the semifinals began and France was victorious over Belgium in the semifinals. The betting odds for today's finals France vs Croatia are:

France -250 (By betting on France to win World Cup before the semifinals began, I received a +200 odds on France winning the World Cup).
Croatia +200

If I so choose, I can now bet another 90$ on Croatia + 250 and win at least 90 $, no matter who wins this World Cup. But, I like the SMA charts so much for France, and the losing Capsolar chart for Croatia, I will stick to my original plan and let my winning 90$ ride on France at +200. If France wins today, I win 180$ added to my winnings of 90$ for a total winnings of 270$. If France losses today's final, I break even. If I chose to make a hedge bet on Croatia, I would win a net 180$ no matter who wins the game. In the sports betting world among professional--this is called being greedy, a big no no with proper money management which is critical when winning with sports betting--but I put my betting faith in my SMA analysis. No matter the $ outcome, the SMA analysis with this World Cup has been very fun and challenging, all made possible with Jim's 50 Super Bowl analysis, which offer the best winning % type betting I have ever analysed with championship sports betting. If Croatia wins, I will be a little disappointed by throwing away a sure 180$, and will go back and try to figure out the winning SMA symbolism for Croatia and the losing SMA symbolism for France. Time will soon tell--game begins in about 3 hours. It will not surprise me this game goes to overtime with a kickoff.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:13 am

FINAL World Cup Champs:
France 4
Croatia 2
:D --really not for winning 270$, but for Jim's great, great work with Sidereal Mundane Astrology (SMA) in Sports betting with his 50 Super Bowls report, free on this forum! But never forget--there is no sure winning bet in the field of sports betting or in any kind of Vegas betting. But, again, the best analytical tool I have seen in my 50 years of sports betting for offering a very high % for picking only CHAMPIONSHIP winners and/or losers in sports betting is Jim's SMA with analyzing 50 Super Bowl winners and losers. Later, I will offer some quotes from Jim's SMA work on 50 Super Bowls which nailed the winner and loser of this World Cup! Beautiful work Jim :!:

Final Count for the favorites winning in this World Cup including yesterday's consolation game for 3rd place.
12-4. Over the last 2 World Cups, the favorites have a winning count of an incredible 29-4!!!

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:47 am

Jim wrote from his Sidereal Mundane Astrology report on 50 Super Bowls found in the link at the end of this post:
The Year chart proved to be our single best key to predicting the Super Bowl winners; that is, historically it has the most reliable fit to the game outcome. Saturn closely angular (say, within 3° of the angles) of the Year chart is almost a perfect guarantee that a team will lose. (This is neutralized if both teams have Saturn angular.)
Take a look at Croatia’s (Zagreb) Master Chart of the Year (Mundoscope always for Year Charts), the 2018 Capsolar at the following link:

https://imgur.com/a/mS7AUhW

Capsolar Saturn is 1,14 cnj Capsoalr Asc. Jim clearly tells us Croatia is almost a perfect guarantee it will lose. This is simply as far as we need to go with SMA analysis to know France wins.

Jim's 50 Super Bowl Report:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=364

Lance
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Lance » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:25 pm

Congratultions, Steve! Lol

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:29 pm

Thanks Lance, I live for this kind of Sidereal Mundane Astrology analysis, because we already know the exact day of main event. :) We get to practice our foresight instead of hindsight. 8-)

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:15 pm

Jim wrote from his Sidereal Mundane Astrology report for 50 Super Bowl winners and losers:
NEPTUNE is not a malefic in these charts unless aligned with Mars and Saturn. In fact, in the CanQ and Cansolar transits, it is much more active for winners than losers. Neptune simply means the mob-madness of fandom, the essence of the spirit of sports events of this type.
Look again at Paris CanQ for today in Paris:

Paris July 15 CanQ:
https://imgur.com/a/1sCAQjz

Note that beautiful Venus partile cnj CanQ MC, partile 90 Neptune the planet of Mob Madness recognized by the most astute living Sidereal Astrology ‘cosmologist’ on the planet, Mr. Jim Eshelman.
Scene of Mob Madness (Neptune) and the ecstatic partying/celebrating (Venus) in Paris!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0AenPtNdWo

God almighty!!! What par-excellent symbolism for this victory for France!