My Coming SSR (Hakim)

Q&A and discussion on Sidereal Solar Returns.
hakim
Planet Member
Planet Member
My Coming SSR (Hakim)

Post by hakim » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:32 am

Hello people,
Been a long time. It is kind of late knowing that my birthday has come and gone. I am taking some time to plan ahead and introspect. I must say though, it was quite the time. Definitely not easy and my goal to become a powerhouse of mind seems far off, it seems one step closer.

Btw, I occasionally stalk the forums every now and then. :D

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: My Coming SSR

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:24 am

Welcome back. Where are you living these days?
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

hakim
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by hakim » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:41 am

Same place. Bangladesh, Narayanganj.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:13 am

Your new Solar Return set up September 7 at 11:02:41 AM in Narayanganj. At first impression, it is positive-leaning with especial focus on Mercury matters - education, communication, and all the rest. Mercury is 2° from Midheaven and Jupiter about 8° above Ascendant.

Looking at it in a "first pass" - just the SSR itself, as if it were a new natal - we can't miss the importance of the Mercury and its important aspects. Not only does it top the chart, but your birthday was the day of a Mercury-Saturn-Uranus grand trine. (Saturn-Uranus have been in long term trine, and Mercury slid through to complete the pattern.) Saturn is stationary (very strong). You can see how close it all is:

6°59' Leo Mercury [MC 5°20' Leo]
7°12' Aries Uranus
-- 7°22' Leo Saturn/Uranus (midpoint)
7°33' Sagittarius Saturn stationary

I'm not sure of your circumstances, but that I can tell that there is much rearrangement in Mercury areas of your life. (These might especially focus on career, but they won't be limited to that.) Generally, Saturn to Mercury is restrictive on Mercury and indicates different frustrations, while Uranus to Mercury opens it up. frees it. Mercury-Saturn keeps you "inside the box," while Mercury-Uranus moves you "outside the box." These extremes will go on all year and probably have a push-pull feel, or cycle like a pendulum swing.

The SSR has other very intense aspects not near the angles, but that will be part of the year as they rotate around the chart. The most important of these is Sun opposite Neptune, only half a degree wide. I say this is most important because it also means that transiting Neptune is opposite your natal Sun, which marks out a couple of years of life. You should read in the transit section about this aspect (Neptune to natal Sun). Broadly, it dissolves definitions of self and purpose, generally leaving one rather confused on which way to go or who one is in the world. It's disorienting, loses focus - but much of the time this has a wonderful effect of cutting you lose from old limiting definitions you've placed on yourself so that, as you emerge from Neptune-Sun, you get to discover yourself and your purpose as if for the first time. (The written paragraph in the Transit section will say more.)

You also have a Venus-Mars-Uranus T-square, quite close but in the immediate background. Because it's so close, there may be a major Venus-Mars theme (an unleashing or freeing of Venus-Mars energies) during the year, but it won't be a primary expression of the year.

Adding your natal planets to an inside ring, your natal Saturn and Pluto are closest to angles. Your Saturn is 3°34' from IC and your Pluto 5°14' from Asc, so they are in close mundane square. In interpreting this aspect, remember that the tone of the Solar Return is quite positive overall, that you have the Saturn-Pluto square from birth and that it will tend to be on the angles every year for several years in a row - so this is nothing new. It probably means working extra hard, shouldering additional burdens, a sense of struggle, but manageable because (with transiting Jupiter angular) the world is treating you pretty well this year.

Finally, one of the best things in the chart: SSR Moon conjoins your natal Venus, drawing your Venus expression out strongly for the year.
s Moon - r Venus wrote:Loving, affectionate, caring feelings are easily aroused in you. Your emotional component is pronounced (much love to give, greater need for reciprocal involvement with others; moods dominate). Shared fun and happiness (enjoying life; pleasing behavior). Beauty and harmony are important. Others respond to your amorous advances (desire to make emotional/sensual contact with another). Mutual desire to touch, caress, cuddle, hold, fondle (sensory enrichment, nourishing environment, love affair).
Sounds like a nice romance or at least some serious fun. This will be especially strong when Moon progressed to the exact conjunction with your Venus in late November (with strong effect one month before and after).

So... how has the year been going so far. Does the above already match how the year has shaped up?
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

hakim
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by hakim » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:45 am

Interesting, first off, there is a definite mercury presence. Lots of travelling and lots of studying. Lots of classes too.

I mentioned my goal was to be a powerhouse of mind. If I had to define it, it was basically to better remember information and to read faster. Also to learn new things faster. That has been the goal and strangely enough as september rolls around I begin to make some progress in this specific area.

Unleashing of venus- mars, lately I have been into fitness. More importantly, I m starting to research some elements of yoga where one can make the body much stronger. I need it. I figured it is a tough life here and the hours of travelling and long journey 5 days a week could take a serious toll on the body.

As for new romance, that seems dead on, I cannot shake the feeling that I might run into someone for a start of a romance. As for why the feeling, since I have begun taking classes, I have been running into interesting people.

Overall it seems like a good time to tackle some issues and pick a few items off my goal list. And also I feel more purposeful, not really sure how the neptune would play out. Perhaps an interest in yogic systems is a sign of it.

Still wow, now thats a lot to look forward to. Thanks a lot.
Btw, your piece on quintiles still haunts my memories when I am having a quiet time to myself ;)