Moon in Scorpio sign project

Q&A and discussion on the meanings of the Zodiacal Constellations, sign-meanings, etc.
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Moon in Scorpio sign project

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:12 am

Welcome to the Moon in Scorpio discussions project, which will run November 17 - December 16, 2018 (and then will remain around in case people want to revisit it in the future). Please gather your list of Moon in Scorpio people (especially those you know personally) and join us.

Here are Moon in Scorpio interpretive resources on the forum:
Primary section: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=34#p149
Cyril Fagan: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=105&p=636#p639
Garth Allen: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=33#p137
Manilius: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=121#p745

My current concise summary of Moon in Scorpio (always subject to change) reads:
Socially active party-people: good-natured, friendly, humor. Willing to be outlandish. Factually forthright; emotionally cautious (withholding); senses others’ motives. Sexual volcanoes: built pressure needs explosive release. Sexually pragmatic. Frequent relationship drama; combative. Easy to anger (it passes). Bold, adventurous, restless, "try anything." Gossip (sometimes vindictive). Beliefs likely unorthodox.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu
Re: Moon in Scorpio sign project

Post by SteveS » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:11 am

Relative to my life, my favorite Moon-Scorpio words by Cyril Fagan:
5. Strong sense of the dramatic and mysterious is added to all they say and do.
Although only part of a Moon-Scorpio influence, Fagan above words resonate strongly in my life. I believe strongly with Einstein's words:
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.
And, being a student of Sidereal Astrology, its the "mysterious" of nature with Sidereal Astrology which captures a great part of my soul, particularly anything to do with hard core Solar Principles in Nature. I am constantly looking for the "dramatic" charts pertaining to Sidereal Astrology, and its Jim's teachings on Solar Returns which led me to this forum. Its this "dramatic" and "mysterious" part of the Universe which has sustained my life with books which discuss the unexplained parts of our worlds which falls outside the normal/conventional. This describes the positive core of my nature, but like everything in the symbolic nature of astrology there are positives & negatives. Anything prominent Scorpio will experience positive and negatives very deeply.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:28 pm

The only thing I'd edit on the entire list is easy to anger. In my experience with Scorpio Moons I wouldn't use the word anger, it denotes a burst-type explosion of either verbal or physical energy, I've seen it as more of a process. I think its more like frustration, my best example is my Mom, she is a Scorpio Moon (which sits on my Pluto, square to my Moon).

If I would do something bad (mind you it has to be like killing someone who didn't deserve it) first she gets irritated (then she drinks coffee and smokes a cigarette because of Mars in Virgo <caffeine and nicotine>), if she's not calm then she is like dying plant the frustration just causes her to shrivel up, finally if she can't handle it anymore she will yell (but not with blunt rage). Its loud and she physically tells you why you are wrong and makes you feel very uncomfortable (this is to anyone at any age). Then she'll calm down (you can tell she's stressed and edging) because she is worn out.

However you might have meant Scorpio Moon being quick to anger and it passes in terms of their little pet peeves. For my Mom its anyone who does the littlest thing to her when she's driving. She will drop a 5 minute mantra of not so spiritual things.
No i'm not homeless.. you just can't smell the roses as well as you can through a teepee door..

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:13 am

Ok, I thought about it and read what was said of my moons character and agree with it all.
But....
I thought I might say a few words to give a little more depth and clarity.

It has always seemed to me that scorpio moon is the most misunderstood of all moons.

We are known for being mysterious and dramatic which does lend to not being understood fully.

Now my scorpio moon is not a stand alone influence because it is closely conjunct with neptune and semi close to jupiter, and square my sun and midhaven partially and I also do have mars in scorpio too, Pluto is also lending its influence on the moon and my sun and moon/neptune midpoint is conjunct my natal venus, so I do have quite a bit to filter through to get to the raw bit of how scorpio moon is
expressed in my persona and life.

....hence maybe why it seems so misunderstood to me when I try to think about "just" scorpio moon.

Yet from the few men that I do know for a fact who have this and a few women who I strongly suspect to, I do feel like they are misunderstood, and some even seem to like to play up that part and push buttons mysteriously with some hidden motive only known to them, so that they have an air of mystery which mundanely looks like ego protection at best or unprocessed repressed subconscious fear and anger at worst.

I had the most wonderful happiest dinner the last Friday night. I had a lunch way to heavy with carbs and I needed protein. A lot of protein. Scorpio moon is a moon that needs a lot of protein. I can tell you why. Proteins are the building blocks, and Scorpio luminaries are archetypical building blocks. This moon is about the past, and out of fats (which are storehouse houses for the future) and carbs (high and low glycemic, are the present) proteins are the past. At least in my expierence.

This dinner of the most sticky sweet sesame chicken wasnt what made me so very very happy though. It was who was feeding me and taking care of my needs.

Scorpio moons are often saught after because of thier sexual nature, it is a deep need, but many egos have been smashed thinking they can handle the primal volcanic sexual energy. Most will turn tale and run, which is why I eat alone. I am drama, i dont need anyone in my life who brings more drama and secrets...and I dont eat with people who think they can handle me. Only one who knows it. This sexuality though is not just naked bodies writhing, its a primal force raw and unfettered. Eating is sex, breathing is sex, talking is sex, playing chess is sex, and sitting quietly alone is sex too.

Confidence is key, and scorpio moons do see right through to hidden motives and adgendas, right to the pre-thought. Being alive in the moment and letting all the secrets and mysteries settle give scorpio moons power to endure even the weight of the of the deepest oceans and deepest feelings and most piercing thoughts.

Scorpio moons are said to be social and party people, but in my expierence that is not really whats going on. They are naturally happy and friendly and good hearted....and that...all by its self is the party, is the socialness, it brings others to them like a magnet and gravity.

They are fine all by themselves doing thier own thing and the party just forms around them. Thats how life is, that is how complex life began, billions of years ago on the ancient sea bed.
The kingdom of Scorpio was the first compex life on our planet, from what I have uncovered in studying the fossil record.

After my most delicious meal I cracked open my little fortune cookie filled with wisdom and magic lucky numbers and the words staring me in my face were
"I think and that is all I am"
Sounds like a butchered translation of "I think therfore I am".
yet if one does stop and think about that oh so scorpioic fortune and reflect on one of the core attributes of scorpio...promethian, meaning Pre-thought and the origin story that goes hand in hand, you might see the much deeper message.
That is all "I" am
What is this I.
It is the ego of course that thought we have of our selves, that we protect, and build up, and knock down, and pretend is hurt and angry and sad and happy.
I did say I had the happiest dinner after all didnt I. I fearlessly sat and broke bread with the one person who has the most reason to fear me to be angry with me to hate me, who could have at any moment spit my past in my face.

Scorpio moons are said to be brave and fearless, but why and where does that originate?

In my expierence it goes hand and hand with the "party people idea" naturally happy and in the moment. The now. Fear is projection into the future, scorpio being prethought is not in the furture, it just is, now, ready to recieve what ever comes it way.

Like the creature on the bottom of the sea bed, who arose near the ancient underwater volcanoes, near the warmth, and light (not sunlight, but the source of light of our own planet) grabbing what ever prehistoric plant life (which is stored sunlight, from above) and gobbling it up.

Scorpio moons are blessed with what is said to be true vision, yet I think that is poor language, but its the best we have, for now at least.

True vision is remarkably close to the common meaning of my name, true image, and I do agree that I am blessed with true vision. Its not my uncany psychic sence about a phone call, or changing lanes just before a branch falls, or any of that psi stuff that is where my true vision comes from.

We all know our eyes decieve us, and our mind is awash in biochemicals produced in our body to sway our mind into silly things like having a 2nd baby after our body almost died after the first, our sences and mind trick us and decieve us, and certainly do not give us anything a kin to "true vision".

So why do scorpio moons have true vision and no other sign.

I feel that it is because we learned to trust that we arose from something deeper and darker and harder and colder and more painful yet we endure and adapt and can forget the past which brings saddness anger and anxiety and forget the future which brings uncertainty, fear and worry and just be.

His fortune cookie, that he ate on his way over said.
"Happiness is a state of mind"

Before we are born into this world we come from a place of Love and Scorpio moons have the grace to bring that love to the surface of the mind.

When I was six or seven I was angry at my father, so angry I could spit nails. He did not understand why or what made me so angry, he misunderstood me.

I wrote him a letter that he still has to this day, lamenated and hanging above his desk where he runs his business.

It says

"Dad,
Even though I am angry with you,
I still love you"

By Jove
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by By Jove » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:25 pm

@Veronica, I'm seeing a Scorpio Sun/Aquarius Moon girl right now. She's hot to handle but is the light of my life. :P

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:46 am

By Jove wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:25 pm
@Veronica, I'm seeing a Scorpio Sun/Aquarius Moon girl right now. She's hot to handle but is the light of my life. :P
I know. Ive been reading and thinking happy thoughts for you both. Jim says Aquarian moons are the best and he would know. She is very lucky to have you in her heart and life and you, Mr Super Saggitarius expealodious have such a way about you that You know where the oven mits are when you need them. It brings me joy to hear that you have love in your life. Its catching and I wish would spread faster then those california fires. So keep doing what your doing and keep your heart open and your mind clear. Maybe it will blow all the way to snowy frozen NY and Ill get more then seaseme chicken next time. I was very satisfied with just a beautiful simple take out dinner.
It was perfect and all I needed.

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:29 am

Being that Donald Trump is also a Scorpio moon....and given the "party people" delineation.....I hold in my heart the hope that he truelly does have a "true vision" for our country and that being such a mysterious money maker, circumventing "statues and laws" that he will be able to double hub America and the world to freedom from restrictions. I hope that he did not rot his brain partying so hard like Ive seen so many rich people do.
He does fit the scorpio moon persona to a t and I have to put my trust in the fact that I know the Universe knows whats its doing even though I can quite see the whys and whatforalls. America elected a man with these qualities for a reason and concidering the rebelliousness and revolutionary nature of Scorpio I am inclined to think that while it may seem to be unwittingly done by uneducated rednecks (per fox news stereotyping) ones true natures and energies are felt by others wether they label it as an astrologer would. and Liberty is being untied even though it seems like a step back.

By Jove
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by By Jove » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:26 pm

I hope so, Veronica. But not every Scorpio Sun or Moon is secretly a good person. Not every serpent has venom that can be turned into medicine. Not every Scorpio Moon is Beethoven or Nietzsche. Not every Scorpio Sun is Ferdinando Galiani or Andrew Carnegie.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:29 pm

Jove's right. My grandmother had a Scorpio moon, opposing a Taurus sun like Trump. I still can't talk about her except to say she was a a horror. Trump sounds a lot like her, just a little less mean.

Mike
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Mike » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:29 am

I could've sworn that I knew more than one Scorpio Moon person very well, but I can't figure out who I'm forgetting...
In any case, as usual, I find Jim's notes spot-on for the most part, although I don't really see much of the gossip or cliquishness present in my single case. Definitely able to be a party person (more on that later), mysterious, with a strong life-vision and great analytic ability.

Fagan's notes are pretty accurate.

I think I agree with the concept of Allen's notes in large part, but it's hard to tell with some of it - the person I'm close to has other factors that make them artistic and great at planning, but the rest seems pretty accurate. Also not sure about the "strong religious drive so that critical faculty may express itself." I don't get that with this person, nor with the other Scorpio Sun person that I'm relatively close to who is religious.

Overall, I find much more patience in my Scorpio Moon friend than is attributed to them in these resources, but that could be other chart factors as well as general maturity. As far as "quick to anger" goes, I get the sense that this is true for my friend, and I've heard about it from others, but I've never witnessed it, which does say something.

I do agree with Veronica's sentiments regarding being alone - that, despite being able to easily be "party people," my friend seems to do very well alone. It doesn't seem to be a need, more like a tendency.

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:56 am

By Jove wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:26 pm
I hope so, Veronica. But not every Scorpio Sun or Moon is secretly a good person. Not every serpent has venom that can be turned into medicine. Not every Scorpio Moon is Beethoven or Nietzsche. Not every Scorpio Sun is Ferdinando Galiani or Andrew Carnegie.
I hear what your saying but I believe that every baby born in this world is a blessing and is a good person to start.
I am not secretly a good person nor secretly a bad person. It is the environment that brings about our potential. A person who has been subjected to unhealthy conditioning or conditioning that has imprinted on the psyche habits that are not useful will be seen as a bad person by society who does not know the background and history of the person...and even if the history is known it still is not ever fully understood how the individual feels and relates to all this subconscious conditioning.
I am a very kind person most all of the time but my Scorpioness lends a potential to not have any qualms butchering. Moderation harmony and balance are things I personally strive towards as I work with (and against) my own nature.

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:04 am

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:29 pm
Jove's right. My grandmother had a Scorpio moon, opposing a Taurus sun like Trump. I still can't talk about her except to say she was a a horror. Trump sounds a lot like her, just a little less mean.
Im sorry to hear this. I never really knew my grandparents as they were born in the 1890s and passed when I was to young to know them as a person. I was scared to death of my one Maw who lived with us and I often wonder what she must have been like as child. My other grandma was a heavy drinker but she laughed alot and was a happy drunk at least.

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:32 am

Mike wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:29 am
I could've sworn that I knew more than one Scorpio Moon person very well, but I can't figure out who I'm forgetting...
In any case, as usual, I find Jim's notes spot-on for the most part, although I don't really see much of the gossip or cliquishness present in my single case. Definitely able to be a party person (more on that later), mysterious, with a strong life-vision and great analytic ability.

Fagan's notes are pretty accurate.

I think I agree with the concept of Allen's notes in large part, but it's hard to tell with some of it - the person I'm close to has other factors that make them artistic and great at planning, but the rest seems pretty accurate. Also not sure about the "strong religious drive so that critical faculty may express itself." I don't get that with this person, nor with the other Scorpio Sun person that I'm relatively close to who is religious.

Overall, I find much more patience in my Scorpio Moon friend than is attributed to them in these resources, but that could be other chart factors as well as general maturity. As far as "quick to anger" goes, I get the sense that this is true for my friend, and I've heard about it from others, but I've never witnessed it, which does say something.

I do agree with Veronica's sentiments regarding being alone - that, despite being able to easily be "party people," my friend seems to do very well alone. It doesn't seem to be a need, more like a tendency.

Hiya Mike
I wanted to comment on what you said in regards to my personal expierence s being a Scirpio moon.

I admit to being a gossip. Being a gossip isnt something youd see....but hear. But gossip isnt simple talking about the Kardashians and the people across the street. It has much deeper meaning. I dont talk superficially about much but I do feel a need to share information that I feel is vital....vital to whom Im currently relating to...ie I overheard my boss and her husband fight so I told my over anxious coworker to remember to not take things she says personally. Gossip is about sharing information that the individual feels important. So maybe your person is sharing information that you normally dont concider gossip...just a thought.

I am a very deeply Spiritual person and have my own religious beliefs but they are personal and outlandish in a way and hard to articulate to others but they have been well ruminated over in my mind and I hold them so close that others think Im not religious or spiritual at all or even that Im Atheist Agnostic or alas Demonic and Satanic. Religion is not just the popular Abrahamic Salvationist or Eastern Traditions.

When it comes to my anger.....
I have extreme patience. I work with children and animals and challenged and uneducated.....
But when I blow
its not pretty and from others view I can see where they could say I over reacted or just freaked out or blew things out of pirportion. Yet They didnt see the long patience And "suffering" I endured before I had had enough.
I do need to work on letting people know they are pushing my buttons and trying my patience.....

But Scorpios do have very very strong tendons.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:39 am

In several different ways - some just articulated by Veronica - I've occasionally thought that one of the best symbols for Scorpio is the volcano.

For one particular reason, I'd rather that weren't so. Yes, I love Mars symbolism, the "accumulating down deep them burst out almost frighteningly" whether in sexuality or rage (or genius!).

My one grumble about this is that, in the list of ancient Greek and Roman deities set as sign-rulers (which are still of enormous interest to me), it is Libra that fell under the patronage of Hephaestus/Vulcan - the god of volcanoes. And I've used this to describe categories of Libra behavior described similarly by an erupting volcano or the rising of the Sun.

That aside... yes, Scorpio (Sun or Moon) is lot like a volcano :)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

FlorencedeZ.
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by FlorencedeZ. » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:00 am

Veronica wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:32 am
Yet They didnt see the long patience And "suffering" I endured before I had had enough.
I am so glad you brought this up Veronica because I do believe this is the true meaning of anger building up in me when I have no control over it.

It arises out of hurt and it hurts. So deeply. I want it to stop and try every technique to transform and calm down inside.
Especially afterwards, the guilt comes in, I need to go quiet for a long time. Because it is something that I do not want.
It was only when I started to be more communicative, open and clear things got a lot better and could use the energy more constructively.

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:47 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:39 am
In several different ways - some just articulated by Veronica - I've occasionally thought that one of the best symbols for Scorpio is the volcano.

For one particular reason, I'd rather that weren't so. Yes, I love Mars symbolism, the "accumulating down deep them burst out almost frighteningly" whether in sexuality or rage (or genius!).

My one grumble about this is that, in the list of ancient Greek and Roman deities set as sign-rulers (which are still of enormous interest to me), it is Libra that fell under the patronage of Hephaestus/Vulcan - the god of volcanoes. And I've used this to describe categories of Libra behavior described similarly by an erupting volcano or the rising of the Sun.

That aside... yes, Scorpio (Sun or Moon) is lot like a volcano :)
I agree.
But not above ground volcanoes.
Deep sea volcanoes.

Its hard to see the distinction, but geologically they are very different.
Above ground the effects are felt through the air and earth but deep sea volcanoes have to push through not only the weight of the air above but also the water and then are transmuted through the water onto the seafloor and the gases eventualy rise through the water and then are released into the air.

Most under water volcanoes from what Ive read and learned also seem to come from into the earths core.

I think this also plays a part in the term true vision because deep sea creatures like the primodial arachnids who evolved near these volcanoes where in almost complete blackness, blind in a way to the light and vision as we know it arises from our senses evolving an eyeball to filter light from the sky.

The things that I get angry about....are deep subconscious things that some current event is triggering.

I didnt smash that window bc that girl was there, I smashed it because of my need for clear honest communication was not being met again when I thought that issue was laid to rest. He said he didnt love...when just days before he had said that. My subconscious took complete control of me and acted in a erpution from my very core.

I didnt get angry when he forgot my birthday cometely one year...that was a superficial mind fart....but scorpionic anger is more likely about issues touching ones heart and soul....

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:50 am

Also from my understanding the reason for Vulcan/Hephaestus is that they are forms of Venus/Aphrodite.

Dont get Her mad

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:05 am

FlorencedeZ. wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:00 am
Veronica wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:32 am
Yet They didnt see the long patience And "suffering" I endured before I had had enough.
I am so glad you brought this up Veronica because I do believe this is the true meaning of anger building up in me when I have no control over it.

It arises out of hurt and it hurts. So deeply. I want it to stop and try every technique to transform and calm down inside.
Especially afterwards, the guilt comes in, I need to go quiet for a long time. Because it is something that I do not want.
It was only when I started to be more communicative, open and clear things got a lot better and could use the energy more constructively.
I completely get what your saying.

It hurts so deeply to get angry and it arises out of preexisting hurts, and in my experience I have learned that many of my hurts are subconscious programs that were inbedded in me as a child, hence knee jerk reactions to things and deep primal rage that is like a black out and out of no where.

I dont like being around drunks. I have a lot of personal reasons but I also know that the nervous anxiety I felt when my ex husband cracked open a beer arose from prenatal and early infancy exposer to my mother.

I let that subconscious programming take over and would spiral down into habitual ugly responses and Eric was such a nasty drunk I would spit fire back instead of consciously just removing myself from the situation or not taking the bait.. Even with Craig I would feel that dynamic if he drank even though he was not mean or nasty.....I was terrified that he would pick a fight even though consciously I know that is not his nature. I would get so scared of a fight I would leave.....and poor Craig would be belidered as to why, which I think played a part in his thinking I was leaving to go hook up with someone else. I was just running a subconscious program that when dad drank he got ugly and mom was angry had to fight and wanted to leave but couldnt. I could. I hated leaving Craig when he wanted to have a drink but I was terrified I would get into an unrepraiable altercation.

It helps me to be in the now and constantly ask myself "why are you angry. What is the real reason. What is really bothering you. How big of a deal is it?" Being mindful and thoughful and staying in the mindset that Love is what is needed and how can I act and feel more loving.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:40 pm

I have concluded my rewrite of Moon in Scorpio. Though the majority of content is the same (or rephrased with the same meaning), I think it is mostly transformed into something different - comes from a different place, lands with a different impact. It seems it has structurally changed more than most or all of the others.

By Jove will be pleased that it is much longer. (He complains my Scorpio interpretations are never long enough.) I personally think it's a bit long but I can live with it :)

The longer analysis is here:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=34&p=149#p149

My new summary is as follows (with the three keywords that lead the paragraph below):
Tough, Volcanic, Independent. Active, diligent, tough, original, pragmatic. Fun-loving (loves parties, raucous, "try anything"). Humor (often wicked), story-tellers. Independent (rebellious). Beliefs unorthodox. Factually forthright, frank, bold; but cautious (non-disclosing) in private matters. Volcanic sexual needs: built pressure needs explosive release. Frequent relationship drama. Easy to anger (it passes). Gossip (sometimes vindictive).
Thanks to all for participation and help.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:48 am

I just want to say that I completely feel this rewrite is an more accurate representation of the truth of the nature of a Scorpio Moon.
I strongly identify with these characteristics, drives and needs and I am pleased to see that traits that culture maybe uncomfortable with and deny ( volcanic) but are a real part of the mechanism of life were given their due.

Thank you so much for this.
I cried when I read your longer summary.
It is a rare gift for me to receive the feeling of truly being understood and accepted for what I am as nasty and horrible and scary as some parts are.
I've had a very strong eventful week that I wanted to share later but reading this filled me with much needed strenght.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:57 am

:) Always happy to have that kind of result!
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com