2018 Capsolar

Q&A and discussion on Sidereal Solar & Lunar Ingresses, and transits & quotidian progressions of solar ingress.
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: 2018 Capsolar

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:38 am

Another way of looking at this year's Capsolar (which has served us so well during the first half of the year... I now have the ability to easily see when any of these factors were in Capsolars for any point in U.S. history. In the future, this may help to find historical patterns.

This year's Capsolar has the following patterns:
Uranus Pluto (Sun Venus).
Moon-Mercury Moon-Saturn Sun-Venus-Uranus Mars-Jupiter.

So, for example, when before has Moon aspected both Mercury and Saturn in a U.S. Capsolar? This has happened 6 prior times: 1823, 1879, 1900, 1938, 1941, 1959. Would any student of U.S. history care to look at those years and see what they have in common? To narrow it further, were there any years where (like this year) it was not foreground? Yes, Moon and Saturn were not foreground in any of those six prior times, and Mercury was only foreground (closely!) in 1941.

Another important pattern in this yera's Capsolar is the foreground Sun-Venus-Uranus triple aspect. Please note that none of these three aspects has existed even once in a year when Moon aspected both Mercury and Saturn, so we have to compile a separte list. Sun, Venus, and Uranus all were foreground and in mutual three-way aspect only one prior time, 1994. Would someone like to look at U.S. events in 1994 and see how they might compare/contrast to what is going on now in terms of this aspect?

Sun has conjoined Venus in the Capsolar foreground only five times in U.S. history: 1779, 1783, 1896, 1978, 1994, 2018. We've had 8 foreground Sun-Uranus aspects: 1786, 1816, 1826-27, 1871, 1910, 1994, 2018. Venus and Uranus have been in foreground aspect in U.S. Capsolars 10 times: 1816, 1834, 1838, 1876, 1918, 1923, 1968, 1994, 2004, 2018.

Hopefully I can think of a few new ways to use this new tool.

I've finished, and soon will be posting, a spreadsheet that has all angularities, Moon aspects, and foreground non-lunar aspectsfor USA Capsolars 1775-2034. Then everyone can play more easily :)

One of the things that stood out dramatically: For the most part, until recent years, U.S. Capsolars were boring. This was especially true in the earliest decades. In the best and worst senses, we do truly "live in interesting times" as measured by Capsolar complexity. I'd like them to get a little less interesting and, by 2024, they do that.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:55 pm

Jim wrote:
One of the things that stood out dramatically: For the most part, until recent years, U.S. Capsolars were boring. This was especially true in the earliest decades. In the best and worst senses, we do truly "live in interesting times" as measured by Capsolar complexity.
I reached the same conclusions with my study of US Capsolars. IMO, I think the Uranus-Pluto cnj in the 60's first was the primary thrust the US into 'interesting times.' And the multiple Uranus-Pluto squares in the decade of 2010 is definitely changing things again in powerful intense ways. When we see these Uranus-Pluto combo's involved with Capsolar angles, we of course see a sharper focus for Uranus- Pluto manifestations.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:07 pm

With my newly created tool, I am (ahem) now able to say that Uranus-Pluto aspects occurred in the foreground of USA Capsolars 17 times. They are the most common foreground aspect in U.S. history (and coming back in 2020). The 17 times through the present are: 1814, 1816, 1820, 1827, 1876, 1877, 1927, 1935, 1966, 1968, 1977, 1998, 2002, 2006, 2012, 2014, and 2016.

However, these were not the only years Uranus and Pluto were foreground together - just the years they were in aspect. The years Uranus and Pluto were both closely foreground add 1787, 1791, 1974, 2004, 2007, and 2018 to the list. If we don't limit it to closely angular, there are 31 years altogether, but I think the 23 I've already mentioned are the stand-outs.

I started seeing the "interesting times" charts around World War II and the aftermath. Check out 1956 for one of the most fascinating. And for that matter can someone tell me what of national importance happened in 1994 to justify the extreme chart of that year? (Yes, we had the Northridge earthquake a few days later, but I don't think that justifies how the year is shown for the nation as a whole.) I suspect the national medical care battles were raging, but I haven't been able to get clear tracking on that.

There were a few other. But once we rounded the corner of the 21st Century, it's been almost non-stop Big Deal Capsolars.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:29 pm

Jim wrote:
There were a few other. But once we rounded the corner of the 21st Century, it's been almost non-stop Big Deal Capsolars.
Exactly! Astrologers have always contributed long time cyclic manifestations to the outer planets (trend-setters), and without a doubt Uranus-Pluto is the major combo which can transform things with powerful impulses involving long term trends.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:58 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:12 pm
Israel (Tel Aviv): Venus Jupiter (Sun Mars Pluto). Sun-Venus Mars-Jupiter (Sun-Uranus Venus-Uranus). [Peace in the Middle East?]
Syria (Damascus): Venus Jupiter (05') (Sun Mars Pluto). Sun-Venus Venus-Jupiter Mars-Jupiter (Sun-Uranus Venus-Uranus). [Peace in Syria?!?]
I thought the idea of peace in Syria (or in Israel, for that matter) seemed absurd when I wrote this - notice the incredulity in my note.

Nonetheless, this morning we learn that the Syrian military has retaken Dara'a, where the civil war began in 2011, and that this probably means that the rebellion is smashed and the civil war is effectively over.

While I'm not all that comfortable personally with a lot that this means, one thing it would indeed mean is... peace in Syria under the current Capsolar and immediately before the new Cansolar comes in. (The current Cansolar has Jupiter 0°45' past Ascendant, Pluto 0°40' before IC, Jupiter-Pluto mundane square 1°25'.)

The Cansolar, which starts July 17 in Damascus, looks like a successful treaty. Mercury is 0°55' past Ascendant, Jupiter 3°17' past IC, and theyre in mundane square (2°22').
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:21 pm

With a Saturn line going through Houston, I note NYT's obit of President Bush mentions that both Barbara and George Bush died this year, meaning that, "Houston lost its two most famous residents in the span of seven months" - both under the present Capsolar.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:54 am

I wrote on Feb 5th 2018 pertaining to this 2018 Capsolar with the Dow:
My main interest is to see if the Moon-Mercury-Saturn cnj in the Capsolar confirms the deepest % correction (Dow) since the major bottom in 2008.
And it has! Below is a link for 2018 Dow Prices. Scroll down to middle of page for a picture of 2018 Dow Prices. Having a financial background with all kinds of markets, I was mainly interested in the tight/partile triple cnj of Moon-Mercury-Saturn possibly affecting the entire World from a financial/commerce standpoint. It has now become very obvious to me Trump’s Trade Traffics has/is affecting the Dow with what is termed a technical sideways trading correction of app a 3000 point trading range. What to expect for the future of the Dow?

Many years ago I was taught some great technical trading techniques from some savvy traders on the Chicago Board of trade. One of these main trading techniques was how to handle a market in a sideways trading range, like we find the Dow since its significant top Jan 26 2018, a top I have labeled Trump’s State of the Union Top, where Trump gave a bragging speech about how great his economic policies was for the Dow. Never ever trust a politician from any party when they start telling you things about markets. As a general rule, politicians are totally ignorant when it comes to market directions.

I was taught how to determine with high probability when a market has truly broken out of a long sideways trading range. A true ‘breakout’ for either a downward or upward extended move from a sideways trading range occurs when the market closes either above or below the highs or lows of the long sideways trading range, only confirmed with the weekly and/or monthly charts. With this 3000 point trading range, the Dow is digesting things (news) to see if it wants to break out to the downside or upside from this 3000 point trading range.

A true ‘breakout’ from this 3000 trading range will occur to the upside with high probability, when the market first closes above 26,616 Jan 26 2018 top, only by a Friday close on the weekly charts, followed by a close on the monthly charts (last trading day of the month) above the Jan 26 2018 top. If this happens (which it hasn't), it will be a solid technical bullish indicator for the Dow.

A true ‘breakout’ from this 3000 trading range will occur to the downside with high probability, when the Dow closes below the low of this 3000 trading range with the March 23 2018 low at 23,533, first on the weekly Friday close charts, followed up on the monthly (last trading day of the month) chart. If this happens (which it hasn't), it will be solid bearish technical signal for the Dow.

As a general technical rule: “The longer a market stays in a sideways trading range, the longer and more potent the prevailing trend will last when the market breaks out of the sideways trading range, supporting either a potent bullish or bearish trend lasting a lengthy time frame. .” I have seen markets stay in a sideways trading range for years!

I have no idea which way the Dow is going to breakout from this 3000 point trading range, nor do I have any idea how long the Dow will be contained by this 3000 point trading range. But, when Trump was elected Prez, I felt and posted the Dow had high probability of making a significant or major top during his first term as Prez, simply because the Dow went up so much when he was elected Prez. What goes up has to come down! Or, at least stay in a technical correction for some time.

https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/index/djia/charts

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:06 am

Yes. Exactly.

So 23,533 is our number, eh? That's only 1,200 down from where it is at this moment.

While the world got this Moon-Mercury-Saturn this year - wow, what a run it has been, left and right - the U.S. gets a rising Mercury-Saturn conjunction next year. It will be different, because it will be localized. May not be market related because that would be a world-scale matter. Whatever it is, we'll be hit hard because rising Mercury-Saturn is paired with Uranus on IC.

Looking at other major world markets, the new Capsolar doesn't do much in Asia, but London - where we expect Brexit to hit - has Uranus precisely rising and a foreground Saturn in 2° mundane square to Moon. London will get hit really hard by what's coming next year. Paris has them even tighter. Berlin and Rome have to make some home-grown adjustments.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:55 am

Jim asked:
So 23,533 is our number, eh?
Yes! It appears the market is headed in the short term for at least a ‘test’ of this important trading range low at 23,533, probably with high probability in our last month of the year, Dec. If the market trades below 23,533, the technical key will first to see if the market closes below 23,533, only on a Friday with the Weekly charts. If this happens, it will be our first strong technical clue the market may be getting ready to collapse, but does not necessarily have to collapse. If we get a Friday weekly close below 23,533, then a trader would want to see the last trading day of the month (Dec) close below 23,533. If this happens, would be very high probability we are headed much lower in the Dow for an extended period of time.

The longer the market stays in this 3000 point trading range, the more interesting it will become to me with monitoring the future Capsolars for DC. I certainly don’t see any great bullish indicators for the Dow in the 2019 Capsolar. I see more bearish indicators. Even though the 2019 Capsolar Mercury-Saturn cnj is dormant, I would have to still read this as a bearish/restraining indicator from a market standpoint, particularly when we view this Mercury-Saturn in mundo, moving it closer into the foreground of DC/NY. IMO, this offers higher probability the market breaks out of this 3000 point trading range to the downside.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:14 am

Sidereal Mundane Astrology (SMA) is without a doubt in my mind the most fascinating branch of astrology I have ever studied. Thanks to Jim’s writings on SMA, I am allowed to study and test SMA in my favorite areas, the psychology for Championship Sporting contests and the psychology with Financial Markets.

Understanding the psychology of Championship Sporting contest is relative easy, because it only involves a winner or loser for the contest with their team’s city location. Understanding the psychology of markets is more complicated.

Back in my early 20’s, I spent some time on the trading floors at the Chicago Board of Trade. This week and last night I pulled out my old notes I took with my market training at the Chicago Board of Trade in the 70’s. In my notes I found something a very astute floor trader told me: Huge shifts in market(s) psychology can change suddenly in a short period of time. He told me this is usually when the market(s) becomes very volatile, usually associated with significant or major tops. He told me this was a great mystery as to why market psychology suddenly changes, but seasoned floor traders ‘knows’ when there are significant shifts in market(s) psychology by the floor vibes, and adjust their trading accordingly. This was way before I got into the study of Astrology. It was not until I got into the study of Sidereal Astrology that it became obvious to me a dynamic aspected Return Chart can suddenly change the psychology of one’s immediate environment, and it does not necessarily have to do with Uranus—the par-excellent symbolic planet for manifesting sudden changes. This 'sudden change in psychology' exists in markets! But late last night I noticed something about NY’s 2018 Capsolar (link to this Capsolar below), it may be important or not, but one thing for sure: what I am getting ready to say can only be understood as a valid possibility from a mind who has studied financial markets for most of his life and studied Jim’s brilliant writings on Sidereal Mundane Astrology.
The New York Stock Exchange is an American stock exchange located at 11 Wall Street, Lower Manhattan, New York City, New York. It is by far the world's largest stock exchange by market capitalization of its listed companies at US$21.3 trillion as of June 2017

Observation: 11 days after NY’s 2018 Capsolar began, a top occurred in the DOW on Jan 26th 2018 at 26,616. This top has produced the greatest price correction (so far 3,083 points) since the all- important bottom in the DOW at app 6,500 in March 2008. This price correction currently contained in a 3000 point trading range has produce some of the greatest/quickest price changes (volatility) seen in the history of the DOW while trading in this 3000 point trading range. This year I have witness frequent 500 + price swings within a days trading several times, something I have never seen on a frequent basis in my lifetime. I think NY’s 2018 Capsolar features par-excellent symbolism for this ‘psychological’ shift (change) in the DOW, with its frequent daily volatility.
NY’s 2018 Capsolar is a Sun-Uranus ‘outstanding incident’ Capsolar.

NY’s 2018 Capsolar Sun partile cnj IC, partile 90 Uranus! The Sun itself probably symbolizing the NYSE!

Some Ebertin’s key words for Sun-Uranus:
Upset, an excitable physical make-up, a strained or tense inner life, a sudden turn in life, states of tensions, sudden setbacks in life, upsetting experiences, a sudden adjustment to new conditions or circumstances…
Will NY’s 2018 Capsolar mark a very important historical TOP in the DOW? Only TIME knows for sure. I also believe the Federal Reserve for the first time in their history is losing their control on things and will try to remember to post reasons later. I think we are possibly seeing financial precursors now with near future SMA Solar Ingresses—leading up to DC’s very malefic 2021 Capsolar!

NY's 2018 Capsolar:

https://imgur.com/a/oji9M9d

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:32 am

If you follow Trump on twitter, both at the official POTUS account and at his Real Donald Trump account, you will get about a 12 hour jump on the mood of the market. Trump says he's a tariff man apropo trade with China and the market drops 800 points.

I agree the Federal Reserve Board (aka The Fed) has lost control of things. Trump replaced the woman who was trying to keep us out of inflation with his very own hand-picked man who didn't raise interest rates till it was too late, and then he did it too little, and opps, now we're looking at recession.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:00 am

Excellent points JSAD which I did not realize since I don't follow politics as close as you do--- makes perfect sense. The Fed is caught between a rock and a hard place with many new factors involved. Here are a few of the factors but not all the factors in a link which I think partly confirms/explains your above post about the Fed losing control of things, which if true definitely contributes to the worry we are seeing on the NYSE.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets ... li=BBnbfcN

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:05 am

With the major technical damage on the NYSE charts, I think their is very high % we have seen a MAJOR top in the DOW, beginning a long timed Bear Market. Maybe, a top which never will be exceeded for decades. I feel very confident the one chart which predicted this Major top in the Dow was the 2018 Capsolar with the tight/partile Moon-Mercury-Saturn triple conjunction, a first in the history of USA Capsolars for this triple conjunction for this 3 planet combo. This also applies to many other World Markets.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:05 am

Besides the 2018 Capsolar and its triple conjunction of Moon-Mercury-Saturn, the main ‘fundamental’ reason(s) I think we have seen a Major Top in the DOW in 2018 is:
Things simply got as good as they were going to get.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets ... li=BBnb4R7

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:09 am

Don't forget the Capsolar for Washington has that important Mars-Jupiter PVP conjunction. I think that's as important to the picture s the Moon-Saturn.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:43 am

Jim wrote:
Don't forget the Capsolar for Washington has that important Mars-Jupiter PVP conjunction. I think that's as important to the picture as the Moon-Saturn.
Good point, particularly when we read the Mars-Jupiter PVP with Sidereal Astrology interpretation as: A disappearance of $$$ value from the DOW, at one point the DOW had lost 20% of its value. In NY, we see a direct midpoint of Mars/Jupiter = Anti-Vertex (0,30).

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:57 pm

Never in my entire life have I seen such volatility in the DOW these last few weeks. Today in 30 minutes, I saw the DOW rally almost 1,000 points going into the close. I suppose Uranus would be par-excellent symbolism for 'volatility', noting NY''s Capsolar features a West Point of 3,48 Aries, and we see t. Uranus 3,39 Rx Aries. In fact, I believe the year of 2018 will go into the record books as the most volatile trading year ever, and we see NY's Capsolar feature Sun partile cnj IC, partile 90 Uranus. Normally we would see prolonged volatility associated with beginnings of Bear markets or with panics. Jim, do you consider the 2018 Cansolar with I think the Moon-Neptune PVP as timing a 'panic' type market condition?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:03 pm

Yes, I certainly do :)

BTW, right now I'm working on the forecast for the month beginning January 6. I'm splitting it into two parts, the days before the new Capsolar and the cays beginning with January 15. For the first part, I'm reviewing the Capsolar predictions for the last year: Almost every word of it is painstakingly accurate for the year. I haven't done the full workup on 2019 's Capsolar yet but think it is mostly the same as 2018 - but quieter (e.g., a Saturn-Mercury conjunction foreground in DC rather than a Moon-Mercury-Saturn conjunction for the world; a Mars-Jupiter square that exists only in mundo for Washington (meaning, it is localized to there), yet not angular, in contrast to a Mars-Jupiter PVP conjunction. Similar themes, less screaming intensity (and yet we still get Uranus and Pluto as the two most angular planets).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:23 pm

Jim wrote for the 2019 Capsolar:
(and yet we still get Uranus and Pluto as the two most angular planets).
Then we can forget anything doing with the 'ordinary.' :roll:

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:27 pm

Here's the 2019 Capsolar breakdown for Washington.

Uranus on IC 2°36'
Sun on EP 1°43'
Pluto on EP 2°15'
-- Sun/Pluto on EP 0°16'
-- Sun-Pluto conj 2°30' in mundo
Saturn on Asc 6°25'
Mercury on Asc 9°57'

-- Mercury-Pluto conj. 2°32' in mundo
-- Mercury-Saturn conj. 2°46'
-- -- Me = Sa/Pl 0°30' in mundo

Mars-Jupiter sq. 2°07' in mundo (background, only exists in mundo)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:14 am

I have now seen the greatest 24 hour period movement of the DOW in my life within a 24 hr time frame. The Dow has moved 1,200 points and the trading day is still young. Yesterday the Dow was down + 600 points and today the Dow is up +600 points--amazing volatility. I can only see this tremendous volatility directly related to the NYSE with t. Uranus partile cnj NY's 2018 Capsolar WP.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:27 am

A question for you, Steve:

We were looking at approximately 23,300 as the bottom edge of the long horizontal movement of 2018. The Dow closed well below this on a Friday, then, on December 31 (last trading day of month and year) it closed near 23,300 but a little above it.

Does this count? How rigid is that lower edge? Did the market test pass or fail?
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:33 am

SteveS wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:14 am
I have now seen the greatest 24 hour period movement of the DOW in my life within a 24 hr time frame. The Dow has moved 1,200 points and the trading day is still young. Yesterday the Dow was down + 600 points and today the Dow is up +600 points--amazing volatility. I can only see this tremendous volatility directly related to the NYSE with t. Uranus partile cnj NY's 2018 Capsolar WP.
In my earlier study of the 20 greatest DJIA daily point swings, here were the findings:
  • NY CapQ: Mars dominates these days. Mars accurately describes both the intense energy on days when the market is rapidly swinging through extremes, and the intense competitive environment of brokers and investors. Although without physical violence, it is otherwise about as close to free-for-all mob violence as any other human activity.
  • NY Capsolar Transits: Saturn and Pluto tied as clear leaders, probably indicating that these volatile market days generally were part of a larger market crisis.
  • NY Lunar Ingresses: These had one clear leader: Mars.
  • DC CapQ: Pluto dominated the Washington CapQ by its angularity in 9 out of 20 charts – nearly half!
  • DC Capsolar Transits: Pluto is even a stronger leader where transits to Capsolar angles are concerned: Pluto transited a Capsolar angle 16 times out of 20, dwarfing all the other planets combined.
  • DC Lunar Ingresses: As with NYC, the DC lunar ingresses were Mars-dominated.
Do we presently have any of these factors?
  • NY Lunar Ingresses: The current Liblunar has Mars half a degree from NYC Ascendant.
  • DC Lunar Ingresses: Mars is 1°45' below Asc.
  • DC Capsolar Transits: Pluto is currently square DC Capsolar Asc.
  • NY Capsolar Transits: Pluto is currently square NY Capsolar Asc.
  • NY CapQ: The expected Mars angularity for yesterday and today isn't there. (We do, however, have a Sun-Saturn conjunction sq. CapQ Asc yesterday.)
  • DC CapQ: A solid Saturn hit, but we're looking for Pluto and don't find it for the day.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:45 am

I can only speak from certain knowledge's from a technical standpoint. There has been tremendous bearish technical damage done to the DOW in the last few weeks on the weekly and monthly charts. Technically speaking the DOW is allowed to play 'zippy do-da' bouncing off the old Dec 18 lows around 23,500 forever how long it takes, BUT with a very high % the DOW SHOULD NOT CLOSE above 23,500 on the weekly or monthly charts. On a weekly basis it can go above 23,500 but not CLOSE above 23,500.

My main interest is to see the mode of the DOW after the 2018 NY Capsolar comes to an end, but as you pointed, we still see very similar symbolic factors in the 2019 Capsolar as we saw in the 2018 Capsolar, factors which point to a very volatile nature with many various issues. The DOW does not like 'volatile issues' in the news.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:03 am

Jim wrote:
NY Capsolar Transits: Saturn and Pluto tied as clear leaders, probably indicating that these volatile market days generally were part of a larger market crisis.
Exactly, with my past market experience when the DOW gets very nervous/volatile to the downside and then very negative 'news' HITS the media outlets with much fanfare with deepening new lows in the DOW below the recent new low at 21,700--then it will be time to buy for a quick reaction after the big down day from the big negative news. It may be with what appears to be a beginning of a 'new' bear market--the market is discounting some very bad stuff with the 2019 Saturn-Pluto Arisolar which as you have pointed out--lasts 6 months. The market always sees/discounts future news, and in this case with heads-up with SMA we already know the news is going to be very bad in the future with angular Saturn-Pluto in the 2019 Arisolar. Its a most interesting set-up but a somewhat 'sick' set-up for people invested in the DOW.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:27 am

What is a Bear Market
A bear market is a condition in which securities prices fall 20 percent or more from recent highs amid widespread pessimism and negative investor sentiment. Typically, bear markets are associated with declines in an overall market or index like the S&P 500, but individual securities or commodities can be considered to be in a bear market if they experience a decline of 20 percent or more over a sustained period of time - typically two months or more. The U.S. major market indexes fell into bear market territory on December 24th, 2018. The last bear market in the U.S. occurred between 2007 and 2009 during The Financial Crisis and lasted for roughly 17 months. The S&P 500 lost 50 percent of its value during that time.
And, since the low of Dec 24th, 2018, the market has been rallying. The recent low in the Dow in late Dec 2018 was app 21,750. If we see this low taken out on the weekly or monthly charts, it will be a solid confirmation of a new long term Bear Market.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/bearmarket.asp

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:56 am

Below is a link to a 1 year chart of the March Futures Contract of the Dow on the Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT). Back in my good ole days when the wine and money were flowing in a very benefic manner, I did a-lot of trading on the CBOT, mainly with a corporation’s money, I only made money on a commission basis if I made money for the corporation. Somehow I lucked- out and got connected with some people at the CBOT who damn sure knew how to make money trading. One of their tools was Technical Analysis, the other main tool was timing trades with a 'great' floor broker who damn sure knew how to read the floor when certain other floor brokers walked out on the floor representing large trading entices (smart money). The days where a small trader like myself could profit from this type situation are long gone, the main reason being back in my day the commissions on one contract of any futures contract was around 100 $, charged by the Brokerage Company you had your account. Now- a- days with on-line trading companies, the same commission charge runs 2-6 $ for a trade in one futures contract. In effect, what this has done is eliminate a good floor trader representing the Broker Company; therefore, eliminating the possibility for a small trader have contact with a good floor broker who knows how to read the floor timing perfect trades. Let me demonstrate an example of what I am explaining below with this link chart with first Technical analysis:

Placing a trade near old bottoms for short selling purposes is one of the keys for Technical analysis. Looking at the chart in the link below, we see 5 old bottoms around 24,000 in the March futures contract for the Dow which occurred in April, May, July, Nov, & Dec 2018. Technically, these 5 old bottoms are called a very strong Resistant Line! If I saw the Dow up significantly Monday morning nearing 24,000, I would contact my floor broker and tell him I was going to make technical trade by short selling future contract(s) in the March 2019 Contract of the Dow. I then would ask him: Do you consider this a safe trade by what you have been witnessing on the floor in the last several weeks? If he considered this a safe trade he may say something like this: Steve, all I have seen in the last several weeks is ‘smart money’ (floor brokers representing very large corporate accounts) selling rallies. This would tell me I had a very high % short trade in the Dow. I then would ask him to squawk if he saw something on the floor Monday that spooked him in not making a short trade in the Dow. Back in those good ole trading days, Brokerage Companies would have a ‘squawk box’ where certain small traders could go to their nearest Brokerage House and have access to a ‘squawk box’ being in contact with a floor broker. Again, those good ole days are long gone. Today the Dow futures trade overnight, a good floor broker has to get sleep.

Technically speaking, it is very common to see a market rally back only one time to its old bottoms after breaking-out to the downside of a long sideways trading formation as we see on this chart. So---if I saw the Dow overnight or during the Day trade near 24,000, I would call my broker representing the Brokerage Company and place a Short Trade in the March Dow futures, risking only 10% of the money in the account with Stop Order. If I initiated this short trade Monday and the market closed over 24,000 by close Friday on the weekly charts, I would close out probably at least 75% of my short trades, keeping 25% of my short trades provided I did not get stopped- out with the 10% risk trade loss. If this situation happens Sunday night or Monday, I will for fun ‘paper trade’ this ‘Short Sale,’ on the basis of a-lot of things I have posted about the Dow in this Thread Topic.

https://www.barchart.com/futures/quotes ... tive-chart

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:15 am

All my adult life I have heard the market axiom: It is normal to see at least one 20% correction in an ongoing Bull Market. If this correction exceeds 20% then the market is considered rolling over into a prolonged Bear Market. This 20% correction axiom has stood the test of historical statistical data and is well known by market players. The Bulls always buy 20% correction for at least a bounce in the market, which we have seen happened since the low on Dec 26 2018 at 21,712.

On Oct 3 2018 the Dow topped with an intraday high of 26,951, and on Dec 26 2018 the market made at least a temporary bottom with a intraday low of 21,712, representing a 19.4% correction. This 19.4% correction has been the largest correction in the Dow since this incredible Bull Market began on March 6 2009 at 6,470, after the ‘Great Recession’ of 2008.

So, we have seen the first 20% (19.4%) correction in the Bull Market since it began March 2009! Now the question remains. Is this Market going to roll over into a recognized Bear Market with a close on the weekly/monthly charts below 21,712? Our first clue if this crazy dive in the Dow prices in the last 3 months has only been a Bull Market correction, will first be when the Dow closes above 23,500 on the weekly charts, and then with confirmation of a close above 23,500 on the monthly charts.

But, one thing for sure: The Dow has made its first 20% correction since 2009 under this 2018 Capsolar with a tight/partile triple conjunction of Moon-Mercury-Saturn, as well with other major corrections in World Markets.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:52 am

The 2018 Capsolar fades away in a few hours. Of all the years I've been doing this, I don't remember a Capsolar that spoke so vividly. Almost every phrase of the interpretation of it was exactly right. It has shown itself well for the U.S. and the rest of the world all year. In particular, the Moon-Mercury-Saturn aspect showed magnificently both where it was angular and where the Capsolar as a whole was dormant (meaning, the Moon aspects were the only live elements).

So long, Capsolar 2018. I can't say I'll miss the year you covered, though the chart itself was a wonder to behold.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:08 am

Jim wrote:
So long, Capsolar 2018. I can't say I'll miss the year you covered, though the chart itself was a wonder to behold.
Indeed! And relative with certain possible Market potentials, I will be most interested if this 2018 Capsolar marked the year for a major long term Top in the Dow.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Most pedestrian deaths

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:15 am

Another postscript on the 2018 Capsolar: You may recall that with ts Moon-Mercury-Saturn triple conjunction, 2018 has a plethora of vehicular accidents of all type, most commonly in places where the triple conjunction was angular. Well, this morning we learned another dimension of that Mercury-Saturn (and, even more, Moon-Mercury-Saturn) impact.

2018 has the highest number of pedestrian deaths in 30 years, an estimated 6,277 of them. This has been a rising trend for the last decade, but nothing like 2018. The causes are also often mercurial: (1) More people are walking. (2) More driers are speeding, distracted, inebriated, or using cell phones for texting and other purposes. The increase in SUV sale also seems a part of this.

Notice that there are three distinct components connected to the three distinct aspects. While Mercury-Saturn is the most obvious theme, there is plenty of Moon-Saturn for the fatalities and human loss and impact and Moon-Mercury for most of the causes.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com