Composite Charts for long term (Hollywood) relationships.

Q&A and discussion about Composite Charts.
SteveS
Nabu
Composite Charts for long term (Hollywood) relationships.

Post by SteveS » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:02 am

I was going to wait and start this thread later when I had lots of examples, but I just realized if the couple was not born in California chances may be low for an AA rated birth time. So, I decided to start this thread on a couple both born in California, with AA rated times of birth. If anyone else has A or AA birth data for long term relationships, please post and I will post their Composite Chart for analysis.

Tom Hanks: 7/9/1956, 11:17 AM, Concord, California
Rita Wilson: 10/26/1956, 9:03 AM, Los Angeles, California

They fell in love 1985 and announced their love affair to the public in 1986. Married April 30, 1988. Jim, if you have time could you post the Solar Arcs Composite for Tom & Rita for their marriage date? Tom has said he and Rita argue over who loves each other more, and are great friends as well as lovers. The Composite Chart (link below) is absolutely outstanding from a Sidereal Astrology standpoint! It’s a GOD ALL MIGHTY composite!

Note Moon partile cnj c MC, with a tight direct Venus/Uranus=Moon MC! This midpoint combo reads out in COSI as:
Sudden excitability in love life, a high degree of excitability in love life, quickly getting to like some- one, inclination to experience the adventures of love. Engagement.
Note Sun tightly cnj Jupiter in 11th House of friendship! Both lights in this composite are cnj the two benefics! Outstanding!

Note Mercury partile cnj Pluto partile 60 a rising Neptune! This obviously symbolizes both of their careers in the Movie Business. Ebertin write as a ‘Probable Manifestation’ for + Mercury-Pluto combos:
Success as a speaker or writer (mostly in specialized fields), the attainment of public recognition.
As we can plainly see, the couple specialized as actors/actress in the movie business.
This Mercury-Pluto cnj is partile 90 Saturn. I suspect Tom's very busy movie careers has inhibited their marriage relationship by separating then for long periods of time—but it could be the structured relationship with both working in the movie business.

Composite Chart:
https://imgur.com/ANKezQE

Links describing their lives as a couple with some of the above words:
https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/e ... -marriage/

https://trulovestories.com/news/celebri ... ta-wilson/

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Composite Charts for long term (Hollywood) relationships.

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:59 am

Relocating to the "Famous" synastry sub-forum.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Tom Hanks & Rita Wilson

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:07 am

SteveS wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:02 am
Tom Hanks: 7/9/1956, 11:17 AM, Concord, California
Rita Wilson: 10/26/1956, 9:03 AM, Los Angeles, California
I wondered for a second why her chart looks so familiar to me, then I realized: She was born the same day as my first wife (but with Moon having changed sign to Cancer). I know her chart well :)

Yes, their composite is quite good with Moon conjunct Venus at MC and Sun conjunct Jupiter, both close.

Their basic synastry is quite remarkable alone, though. Her 1° Venus-Jupiter conjunction exactly squares his Venus on her angles. Their Moons are in the same sign. Given all this positive, they've evidently been able to make their Mars-Mars conjunction work as well.

To run Solar Arcs for their Marriage we first run Solar Arc charts to both of their natals, then make a composite of those. There is at least one triking aspect, and another that seems less psychologically healthy:

d Venus conj. c Sun 0°57'
d Neptune conj. c Saturn 0°55', sq. r Mercury 0°59'

With Composite Sun at 16°14' Leo, directed Venus was 15°17' Leo. (The Venus direction to Sun is applying, just moving into orb. The Neptune direction t Mercury-Saturn is separating, nearly expired.)

Did they get married in Los Angeles? They both had SLRs April 23. For LA, his has Venus square Asc (and his natal Mars partile) with his Venus closely conjunct IC. Heres puts both natal and transiting Pluto closely angular, with widely foreground Jupiter. The Composite's SLR is not good, and matches my experience that SLRs of Composites aren't reliable.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:04 am

Let me get back to you later on your reply, thanks.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:53 pm

Jim asked:
Did they get married in Los Angeles? (Tom and Rita Hanks)
Jim, I can’t find their location of marriage. In the meantime here is another long-lasting relationship.

Goldie and Kurt have been together since there first date in 1982 and never married. Both Natal’s AA rated.

Goldie Hawn: 11/21/1945 9:20 AM EST, Washington DC
Kurt Russell: 3/17/1951, 10:42 AM EST, Springfield, Massachusetts

In the composite chart note the angular 1,43 opposition of Moon-Jupiter! Also note Uranus tightly cnj IC receiving a partile 135 from Venus! Again we see the interplay of a Venus-Uranus aspect. Ebertin’s COSI ‘Principle’ for Venus-Uranus:
Arousing of love, rhythm, eccentricity.
‘Probable Manifestation (+):
Tendency to be particular and fastidious in the choice of a partner or lover, romantic love inclinations, popularity, births.
Composite Chart:
https://imgur.com/uMf8JRr

Article about their relationship:
https://www.oprahmag.com/life/relations ... -marriage/

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Goldie Hawn & Kurt Russell

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:13 pm

SteveS wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:53 pm
Goldie Hawn: 11/21/1945 9:20 AM EST, Washington DC
Kurt Russell: 3/17/1951, 10:42 AM EST, Springfield, Massachusetts
That Composite Moon-Jupiter opposition is an example of one of the situations I mentioned where Composite aspects are tied into natal synastric patterns: Her Moon squares his culminating Jupiter -1°16' while his Jupiter squares her Moon +4°42'. Average these two orbs and you get +1°43', so we'd expect a composite Moon-Jupiter hard aspect with that orb.

Their synastry is quite good to being with. Her Sun squares his Moon 0°14', their Moons are both in Gemini, her Moon squares his Jupiter 1°16' (with her Neptune on his Jupiter at the same time). The only tough aspect (and here it probably gives durability) is her Saturn which is opposite his Sun, square his Asc, square his Moon.

There isn't a lot in the Composite other than that Moon-Jupiter opposition and a closely angular Uranus. (I'm sure they find each other constantly entertaining.) If you go the house direction, an 11th house Sun and Venus suggest they are fundamentally friends first. A 4th house Moon well-aspected suggests they are able to "nest" well together.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Danica
3rd Warning Suspension Likely
3rd Warning  Suspension Likely

Post by Danica » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:45 pm

Jim, just to make sure:
directed here = the composite point of the two natal S.A.'s at a given time?
(not the rotation of the C-chart itself by the S.A. rate)
Amate Se Mutuo Cum Corda Ardentia
http://siderallia.blogspot.com/

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:45 pm

Danica wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:45 pm
Jim, just to make sure:
directed here = the composite point of the two natal S.A.'s at a given time?
(not the rotation of the C-chart itself by the S.A. rate)
Exactly . (There is no way to calculate an independent SA rate.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:03 am

Jim wrote:
If you go the house direction, an 11th house Sun and Venus suggest they are fundamentally friends first.
Yes, an excellent observation using Hand's guidelines for benefic houses with composite charts. I wish we could get dozens of A,AA examples of long-lasting relationships, but I am half way through the Hollywood list of 41 long lasting relationships and have only found the two above AA samples.

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:09 am

Why not use the divorced couples as well? It might help us to find out more about a possible SA composite method... we can most likely find out about the dates of divorces... and possibly if they have children to see if there was a Moon or Ven to Jup or an SA angle to those.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:16 am

Arena, I am going to try and find as many A, AA relationships composite charts as possible, long-lasting or short term in order for us to analyze for our learning.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:22 am

Out of 41 famous long lasting Hollywood couples and their relationships from the internet list, there were only the two posted above with A, AA rated births. :(

Arena wrote:
Why not use the divorced couples as well? It might help us to find out more about a possible SA composite method... we can most likely find out about the dates of divorces... and possibly if they have children to see if there was a Moon or Ven to Jup or an SA angle to those.
Good :idea: Arena, I will look.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:03 am

John Townley writes from his 2000 book ‘Composite Charts:’
Traditional synastry (chart comparison) has worked for astrologers for eons, so first see what’s there and what it might mean. A simple overview of the synastry chart will suffice, in which we pick up on only the strongest and most obvious points, such as where the two charts touch by planetary conjunction. These are the most important points in synastry because they most tend to shepherd people together or drive them apart. After we analyze the synastry we move on to the composite chart.

As I understand, this is basically what Jim is doing here with his analysis of the synastry chart but going further than just the conjunctions in the synastry chart.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed May 08, 2019 8:33 am

Another long lasting composite marriage for a Hollywood Couple:

Paul Newman: 1 26 1925, 6:30 AM, Cleveland, Ohio. AA rated
Joanne Woodward: 2 27 1930, 4:00 AM, Thomasville, Georgia (Thomas County) AA rated

The main benefic aspect I see in this composite is Jupiter partile 90 North Node for Ebertin’s delineation:
The good luck to find a good partner.
A tight 180 of Moon-Neptune, maybe for their creative mutual emotion for the Movie/Stage Business.
Mercury partile cnj Eastpoint for mutual/intellectual communications.

I see more contacts in the synastry chart, but the composite itself by aspects appears to be harmonious for this long lasting relationship. They were married 1 29 1958, 6:00 PM, Las Vegas, Nevada.

Note for Paul Newman specializing as a very successful Movie Star:
Natal Neptune partile cnj Natal Vertex.
Natal Mercury, Venus, Jupiter, Pluto close/on his Natal Horizon.

Composite:
https://imgur.com/a0034s4

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Wed May 08, 2019 12:52 pm

I think this one needs to be relocated as well. They met in New York and fell in love. They moved to Hollywood and worked there for years and then later lived in Connecticut, right?

So a few relocation composites may reveal a bit more into their relationship.

Pluto on that DSC can be a transformative experience, but also separative.
However, they have Venus-Moon=Sun midpoint structure which is excellent.
The Jupiter-Mars conjunction is great for a good sex life.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed May 08, 2019 2:19 pm

Arena wrote:
So a few relocation composites may reveal a bit more into their relationship.
Their long term residence for this long term relationship was in Westport, Connecticut. Relocating both their natals to Westport produces the below composite for the relocation. Note: c Venus partile 90 c MC.

https://imgur.com/wUoI8eC