An upcoming 'outstanding incident' SLR

Q&A and discussion on Sidereal Lunar Returns.
SteveS
Nabu
An upcoming 'outstanding incident' SLR

Post by SteveS » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:21 am

The link below contains a future ‘outstanding incident’ SLR for me. (Jan 2, 2019, 10:45:37 PM CST, Springville, Alabama), inside wheel SLR, outside wheel Natal.

Note: The Wheel Circle for this SLR is ‘squared’, (a rare occurrence for a timed return chart) meaning each quadrant of the circle is 90 degrees. This means on the day and time of this SLR, transiting SLR Mercury is partile 90 my Natal Sun and partile 180 Natal Uranus, all 3 planets falling on the Cross of this squared circle’s Asc, MC, IC. A definite ‘outstanding incident’ SLR.

Since Sidereal Astrology is always within my immediate environment, I expect, but never know for sure, a learning curve jolt pertaining to Sidereal Astrology with Mercury partile cnj SLR IC, Mercury being the main ‘theme’ for this SLR. And, with high probability, a new personal discovery with Sidereal Astrology with my partile 90 Sun-Uranus falling on the SLR Asc & MC. It should be a very exciting possible ‘learning curve’ jolt.

Jupiter tight cnj Moon. :)

Foreground SLR Mars partile 180 Natal Venus. It may be orgasmic! :)

https://imgur.com/a/hkBkfXx

SteveS
Nabu
Re: An upcoming 'outstanding incident' SLR

Post by SteveS » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:13 am

I can now see this 'outstanding incident' SLR with its manifestations relative to my immediate environment. :) I have an appointment today with an alternative medicine professional which I know will part of the manifestations and will come back and post details later. This appointment was not set my me--the Universe set the appointment. May also have to do with some 'self discoveries' pertaining to my recreational gambling with Sidereal Mundane Astrology with tonight's Championship game between Alabama-Clemson.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:05 am

In the seventh century, the caduceus (Mercury) came to be associated with a precursor of medicine, based on the Hermetic astrological principles of using the planets and stars to heal the sick. As a symbol for medicine…
http://www.crystalinks.com/caduceus.html

Look at my posted ‘outstanding incident’ SLR in this thread and you will note SLR Mercury is partile cnj my SLR IC, partile 90 my Natal Sun partile cnj my SLR Asc, and SLR Mercury is partile 180 my Natal Uranus partile cnj my SLR MC. This ‘outstanding incident’ SLR has truly timed something very remarkable in my life pertaining the rich symbolism of Mercury having symbolic meanings for ‘healing.’

I am going to explain WHY I think there is a-lot of symbolic astrological truth with the above quoted words pertaining to medicine/healing and the planet Mercury, using my ‘outstanding incident’ SLR and the Natal Chart of a true ‘Healer’ I met a few months ago. Also, since there has been some recent chatter about the Dragon’s Head, I will post some words how my Natal North Node placement in my Natal Chart hooked me-up with a this true ‘Healer,’ (Kelly) and the profound timing of my SLR timing when I truly discovered another remarkable ‘Healer,’ maybe sparing me much medical grief in the future of my life. This huge ‘self-discovery’ in my life occurred yesterday with my visit to a professional acupuncture/ Chinese Herbal person (Ashley). The process has begun endeavoring to get the AA birth time for this ‘Healer.’ Yesterday was truly a ‘God All Mighty’ moment for me through the great Sidereal Astrology work by Mr. James A. Eshelman. Without his teachings I could have never experienced many ‘God All Mighty’ moments which have occurred in my life through the lens of Jim’s teachings with Sidereal Astrology.

About 2 years ago I was diagnosed by my Doctor with CKD (Chronic Kidney Disease), Stage 3. Stage 3 is considered by Western Medicine to be serious enough to cause inhibiting life style symptoms, but not necessarily fatal. My doctor told me in my future, depending if the Disease progressed to latter # ‘Stages,’ I could be facing Dialysis and/or a Kidney transplant. Yesterday with my knew consultation with this new alternative ‘Healer,’ I was told she could heal my so-called Western labeled diagnosed Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) trough the knowledge's of Chinese Medicine. The Doctor I met with yesterday has studied in China with ‘healing masters’—to use her words. to be continued...

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:47 pm

Interesting... Mercury to natal Sun-Uranus as mind-blowing information!

I didn't know about these kidney issues, Steve, and I'm at once curious about how they show in your chart. Normally for the kidneys we expect an Aries (or, secondarily, Libra) involvement. I'm not clear what planetary ideas relate to kidneys because the Tropical works all go on a theoretical basis of kidneys = Libra = Venus, and I'm not sure that's right. The usual astrological keys to health issues in your chart easily show the heart condition, and a few others not entirely germane at the moment.

The main kidney function is blood purification, though it has other functions also. They are very blood-rich and may be inherently connected to nearby, nearly interwoven organs like the adrenals. Some of these characteristics sound very martial, which goes along with the Aries attribution. OTOH, from the basic physiological functions I've listed for the planets, one might think either Mars for some of these reasons, Jupiter as part of the "large organs" system, or Saturn as part of the elimination or excretory system.

Just guessing - since what I really need is a batch of charts with kidney disease - the one thing that brings this all together is if we regard your rising Jupiter as afflicted. Jupiter closely rising in Libra is, indeed, on one end of the Aries-Libra polarity. Though we usually expect close hard aspects for medical issues, your Jupiter has an extremely close (0°08') trine from Mars. In fact, Jupiter is in 0°08' trine with Mars, semi-square to Neptune, and wide square from Saturn: One might indeed call that an afflicted Jupiter! (It's only other aspect is a moderate sextile to Sun.)

So, I wonder... did the development of this disease coincide with prominence and afflictions of your Jupiter? It does seem to have emerged as progressed Mars moved into orb of conjunction with your MC and, while this could have caused inflammation and general "damage," it didn't do anything to your Jupiter. Ditto with Solar Arc Moon opposite your Saturn at that time.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:12 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:47 pm
Just guessing - since what I really need is a batch of charts with kidney disease
https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Ca ... s_:_Kidney

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:56 pm

Jim wrote:
Interesting... Mercury to natal Sun-Uranus as mind-blowing information!
:) Exactly Jim. It is a mind blowing SLR! I pre-filled out an extension questionnaire before the actual appointment, and then spent 40 minutes with Ashley asking me more detailed questions about my health life. I never told Ashley that my Doctor diagnosed me with CKD (chronic kidney disease) until after Ashley’s Chinese Medicine diagnoses, which was “Kidney Yang Deficiency.” Ashley said this is curable. I asked her how I would know when I would be cured since CKD is only detectable with blood tests. She smiled and said I would first be able to tell I was being cured by certain improving bodily functions, but said she would tell me when to go back to my Doctor for another blood test, and that blood test would show a decreasing #, which would prompt my doctor to ask what I have been doing to cause this improved Kidney function? Remember my CKD was diagnosed with a # 3, so, when I get results of the new blood test when Ashley is finished with her Chinese treatments, I will post the new blood test results.

All along I thought my CKD was primary due to advanced aging. Ashley said this brainwashing about aging as the main problem is total Western Medicine BS!!!

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:43 pm

I have so much more to post pertaining to this Mercury ‘outstanding incident’ SLR, It is going to take me some time to organize by Mercury thoughts. But, it is my main objective to possibly pass on some Mercury knowledge pertaining to truthful Chinese Medicine vs BS Western Medicine. I am pretty sure I have met someone (Ashley) under this SLR who is a ‘prodigy’ with Chinese Medicine , but it is going to take me some time to know for sure.

FWIW:
Before I forget (my memory is slowly deteriorating on me), Ashley told me to order this book pertaining to Chinese Medicine:
“Between Heaven and Earth.”
I ordered a used book of this title on Amazon for 6$.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:58 am

Jim wrote from another thread pertaining to my Jan 30 SLR:
t Mars on IC +0°23'
t Pluto sq. MC 1°33'
t Saturn on EP 2°30'
Yes, I have been very aware of this very harsh angular combo in this Jan 30 SLR since my 2018 SSR, as well as other upcoming SLR's. My angular Saturn SLR in Dec kicked off some minor to moderate health issues involving my Kidneys. Since Dec I have been treating this Kidney issue with Western Medicine with slight worsening results, but with my ‘outstanding incident’ Jan 2 SLR, I have made contact with Chinese Medicine person who has told me she can clear-up my Kidney problems.

It has always been my opinion—when we are dealing with any kind of health issue to pay close attention to our SLR’s. I have read involving Sidereal Astrology teachings for SLR’s, at times, as a primary health chart. My primary curiously with SLR’s as a primary health chart is: How to weigh the possible health seriousness of a SLR? When something goes wrong with our health--we always worry. IMO, when we are dealing with health issues, the most concerning SLR’s would be when we see our Natal Moons involved with partile 0,90,180 angular aspects with malefics in our SLR’s. A classic example of this type SLR has been recently discussed with Sotonye’s Dec ‘outstanding incident’ SLR when he was faced with a most concerning health issue. So at least my Jan 30 SLR is not directly involved with angular malefic aspects with my Natal Moon, only indirectly as a malefic SLR. In other words, this Jan 30 SLR could be much worse---so I am not making out my final Will. :)

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:35 am

It has been 3 months and 3 treatments (last treatment April 2) on my moderate kidney disease condition since meeting Ashley (the acupuncturist) with my ‘outstanding incident’ SLR in Jan 2019. I am simply amazed at the rapidly vanishing kidney disease symptoms my body is experiencing. Also, a much improved digestive system. Yesterday, she began treating/advising my minor rhythmic heart problem, which I will discuss later in another topic. I am now convinced Ashley will offer me a much improved quality of life as long as I am living.

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:15 am

Great news Steve.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:16 pm

Here is a bi-wheel comparing the Natal of Ashley (my acupuncturist—outside wheel) with my Natal (inside wheel). I sure do like what my eyes/mind sees/understands with her benefits to my ASC/MC. I hope her Mother’s and Ashley’s memories are correct on her birthtime. I am trying to talk Ashley in ordering a copy of her birth certificate to confirm an AA birthtime.

https://imgur.com/bLlzX9h

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:40 am

Interesting. Her Jup and Uranus are on your angles like you just won the lottery :)

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:17 am

Arena wrote:
Interesting. Her Jup and Uranus are on your angles like you just won the lottery :)
Exactly my forum friend, Venus as well showing imo her unique Natal creative energy with her profession! :) Very well put Arena, yes, I do feel like I have won the lottery. :)

It has been discussed on this forum many times the importance of always checking the mundo chart for true planetary distances from the primary angles of a chart, particularly for Pluto. Here is the mundo chart for my acupuncturist Ashley. Note Pluto is actually 00,04 cnj DSC; whereas, if we only looked at the standard ecliptical natal chart, we would never realize Ashley’s Pluto is the primary signature of her Natal Chart, being view ecliptically 22 degrees from her Natal DSC. This is very important for me to realize the true angular position of her Pluto because I learned a long time ago---true healers usually have a prominent Pluto in their Natal's. Without Fagan’s invention of the Prime Vertical Mundoscope which was functioned in Solarfire by the developers, I would be missing a-lot of important angular data. I have also learned strong Pluto signatures usually is highly indicative of some type of specialized ‘laser focus’ with a profession. I don’t know for sure, but I strongly suspect Ashley individual techniques in her profession as an acupuncturist distinguishes her in some type of extraordinary Plutonian way with her practice. This is based on all the good word of mouth I was hearing about her from other people, and for damn sure the way she now has me feeling with her profession. A couple months ago, I though I may have to take a sabbatical from the forum because of certain health issues, but damn, I feel like a new body is transforming me with Ashley's guidance and practice. I am damn sure lucky I discovered her when I did with my ‘outstanding incident’ SLR in Jan. There are other important signatures in her chart, but I sure do like this Plutonian Signature in her Natal relative to my experiences with her practice healing certain health issues at my age!

Ashley's Mundoscope:
https://imgur.com/TAVFCIp

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:30 am

Steve, I have calculated the mundane placement of Ashley's natal planets within the framework of your natus and locus (which are close but slightly different), adjusted for precession, to make this even more obvious:

Steve's Natus
Ashley's Venus on Dsc -3°28'
Ashley's Jupiter on MC -1°03'
Steve's Jupiter on Asc -1°30'
Ashley's Uranus on Asc -2°42'

Ashley's Mars on MC +3°18'

Steve's Locus
Ashley's Venus on Dsc -3°28'
Ashley's Jupiter on MC -1°19'
Steve's Jupiter on Asc -1°32'
Ashley's Uranus on Asc -2°44'

Ashley's Mars on MC +3°01'
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:20 pm

Thanks Jim, there is now no doubt my Jan 'outstanding incident' SLR timed the discovery for me of a natural born healer (Ashley). With Ashley's Mundo Pluto on her DSC it becomes obvious this Pluto is a very powerful 'transformative agent' which she is harnessing to transform people's lives by healing their ailments which Western medicine is failing to succeed. Without yours and Fagan teachings on SLR's I doubt I would have recognized the importance of my Jan SLR. If i had one wish at this very moment, I wish every human on this planet could understand Sidereal Astrology the way your mind understands. Thanks for allowing my mind to understand some of your Sidereal Astrology teachings and putting-up with a -lot of my crude ways in trying to help other members on this forum understand Sidereal Astrology. The more I learn from you the more I am allowed to join you as a team to help other learning astrologers understand your Sidereal Astrology teachings. As I have stated before, It truly is a honor and privilege to be a member for the learning which exists on this forum. :)

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:20 am

Ashley found her birth certificate and it is official now her time is rated AA. :)

When I get to know new people who are entering my world, I always like to do something Robert Hand taught in his teaching seminars on Midpoints, which I never attended but purchased the audio tapes. Hand would select what he considered the most important midpoint of a chart for well known public figures and read from Ebertin’s COSI about the midpoint. These ‘most important midpoints’ for Hand always consisted of the personal points of a chart, the angles and lights involving 'direct' midpoints.

So, when I knew I had an AA birth time for Ashley with confidence in accurate angles, the first Natal Midpoint I examined for Ashley’s Natal Chart was a direct midpoint for Mars/MC=ASC 0,08. Ebertin from COSI says about this midpoint:
Self-confidence, gains the respect of other people, assumption of leadership, recognition, attainment of success.
Bingo! :)

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:05 am

"Noteworthy is the fact the twelve currents (meridians), as established in the science of acupuncture, conform quincuncially with the twelve signs of the zodiac." Reinhold Ebertin, "The Combination of Stellar Influences"

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:37 am

I am gradually getting to know my acupuncturist Ashley but only with the time during my 3 appointments with her. On the first appointment I asked for her birth data and she finally found her birth certificate after my 3rd appointment. I told her I sure would like to look at her Natal Chart since she would be playing a major role in trying to heal some of my minor/moderate health issues-- which Western Medicine was not curing. Now, through the lens of astrology I am getting to know her in a soul way.

I asked Ashley how she got into the field of Chinese Medicine. She said when she graduated High School she was planning on living with her parents and hanging out at the beach as much as possible. Her parents talked her into enrolling at a Junior College, and while attending she had to write a paper and randomly chose Acupuncture for her paper. Her professor was so impressed with her paper he pass the paper on to a colleague at another college who was a Regional Director for Acupuncture in Florida. This professor also was impressed with Ashley’s paper, he adamantly told her she should pursue a career in Chinese Medicine.

Ashley agreed to follow this professor’s advice who happened to be well connected to very important leaders of acupuncture in China. Ashley studied with these ‘leaders’ in China for several weeks, and told me this was when she developed her passion for the field of Chinese Medicine.
Note: In her Natal Chart there are 4 planets and the North Node in the Sign Leo. Ashley told me the teachers in China were acupuncture Masters and were renowned leaders in China for the field of acupuncture. Note her tight cnj of Jupiter-North Node forming a partile direct midpoint with the fixed star Regulus. This makes sense to me as being the primary aspect in her chart for ‘connecting’ her with Leo leaders in China in the field of acupuncture.

If any members who may be interested for themselves or family members in the field of acupuncture, let me know and I can get the college in Florida with the professor who is the regional head of acupuncture in Florida. This is the professor who has the China connections with the teachers of acupuncture. I asked Ashley what made her practice so successful from a community standpoint and she said it was the technique that only the China teachers know and taught her in their school of acupuncture, which obviously is responsible for healing people’s health issues. My wife was struggling with a health issue for 2 years which Western Medicine had no answers. Ashley cured my wife’s health issue and dismissed her after the second session. For the most part, Western Medicine is failing and getting worse every day. I see this field of acupuncture as viable growing field as a profession in the West, and my wife and I are very lucky to have crossed paths with Ashley. :)

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:57 pm

This Thursday I get the results of my latest blood test. My last blood test showed a 34 GFR and a 15 is Kidney failure. Normal range is 60-90. I did not like at all my future options with Western Medicine (dialysis-kidney transplant) so last Jan I did four months of Chinese Medicine & Acupuncture with much improved body symptoms, being told by Acupuncturist my GFR # would improve with latest blood tests---we shall see. Will report new number.

Link explaining GFR numbers with blood test:

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp ... VVRXqV2Xao

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:54 am

Crossing fingers for you that this has worked for you :) 🤞

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:17 am

Arena wrote:
Crossing fingers for you that this has worked for you :) 🤞
Thanks Arena, By my improved symptoms and dismissal by my acupuncturist saying she sees a cure by looking at my tongue and with my symptoms feedback, I think I will see a improved GFR number. If so, I will post more about this 'outstanding incident' SLR passing on the new Me-Su-Ur knowledge I have learned about Chinese Medicine (Herbs/Acupuncture). :) I will definitely tell my long-standing Doctor about this experience for he will have history of my GFR numbers, where he may pass-on the same knowledge to more of his patients who are experiencing slow kidney failures.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:31 am

In mid-Autumn 2018, my blood test showed a GFR Kidney # 34 which classified me with Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD). My Doctor told me if it got to a 15 I would have to have Kidney Dialysis requiring 3-4 hours—3 days a week until I got a Kidney transplant. Mentally I became desperate for an alternative with some type of alternative medicine. I made an appointment with an Acupuncturist (Ashley) and she told me Chinese Medicine (Herbs) and Acupuncture would greatly improve my Kidney Disease bodily symptoms, which it did, and also Ashley told me my next blood test result (today) would show an improved GFR Kidney #, which was a # of 46!!! :) :) :) . My appointment with Ashley was mid Jan 2019, with 2 months of specialized Chinese Herbs ( Jin Gui Shen Qi Wan), and 4 months (once a month) of acupuncture, concluding in April 2019.

If anyone becomes desperate with a health condition, Chinese Medicine with Acupuncture may offer you an alternative for an improved quality of life. If you so wish and will PM me with a list of acupuncturists in your area, Ashley has a list of acupuncturists for the entire USA who have graduated from the same School of Chinese Medicine Ashley graduated. Ashley insists the Chinese person in charge of this School of Chinese Medicine with his personal techniques is far ahead of most other acupuncturists in the Country, and Ashley only will recommend acupuncturists who have graduated from this same School. Two of my close friends with personal health problems which Western Medicine has not provided relief, one from North Carolina and one from Florida have gone to an acupuncturists Ashley recommended with great results. Understand—Medical Insurance will normally not pay for alternative Chinese Medicine.

Jim teaches from his book 'Interpreting Solar Returns:
Partile aspects (1 degree or less) reign supreme. Aspects at this high (partile) level of potency are apt to manifest no matter what. For anything less strong, angularity is required to lend easy expressiveness to whatever configurations are present. It is when angularity and aspect partility coincide that outstanding incidents are most likely to come about.
Looking at the many kinds of Astrological techniques, my Jan 2 2019 'outstanding incident' SLR (link below) has completely dominated living circumstance in my life within my immediate environment!!!

Inside Wheel-SLR; Outside Wheel Natal.
https://imgur.com/7ZYFPoN

We see Jim's above quoted definition for an 'outstanding incident' SLR (benefic) with SLR Mercury partile cnj SLR IC partile 90 Natal Sun, partile 180 Natal Uranus. Also SLR Venus although not angular was partile cnj my Natal Jupiter (hitting the health lottery), with a helping grace of SLR Jupiter tightly cnj my Natal Moon.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:01 am

What an awesome result, Steve! Good going.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:22 am

This is such great news Steve. So happy for you.

Also remember what wisdom Jim and I offered at the time - which might help you even more with your health from now on. I posted things about fasting and Jim posted things about the keto diet. These were wisdoms offered to you around the same time as you found the acupuncture = maybe there was a reason for it :) Maybe the Universe was showing you a few different ways/methods to deal with the health issue and maybe using them all will give you the best results.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:41 am

That's really good news Steve. I'm really happy for you.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:00 pm

Thanks Jim, Arena, & Jupe for your thoughts.

I had to order a new (3rd one in my life) Ebertin book 'Combination of Stellar Influences (COSI),' because I had worn out my second COSI with pages falling out. This is a new edition with many new footnotes I have never seen from Ebertin's past editions. Last night I noted with these new Ebertin footnotes:
Venus = Sun/Neptune has been found frequently in cases of kidney disease, pg 99.

I have a natal direct Sun/Neptune = Venus (1,59). This orb is wider than the orbs I have been working with—but still interesting.

Also, another footnote on page 98:
Sun/Neptune seems to relate to bad blood conditions and blood diseases generally.
And another important footnote for my kidney problems, pg 182:
Venus/Saturn = Moon has often been found in connection with kidney disease.
I have a natal indirect midpoint of Venus/Saturn = Moon (0,22)

So, for the first time in my life, I now see strong astrological evidence for a cause for my kidney disease from an author who has my ultimate respect for his lifelong research into the field of astrology. I have just e-mailed my new astrological discoveries to Ashley, my acupuncturist-- new Doctor.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:02 pm

Which version is your new copy of COSI?

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:06 pm

Jupe asked:
Which version is your new copy of COSI?
It says the "current printing" of my new edition was 2004, which is many years after my other two editions.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:19 pm

SteveS wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:00 pm
I had to order a new (3rd one in my life) Ebertin book 'Combination of Stellar Influences (COSI),' because I had worn out my second COSI with pages falling out.
I'd ordered one of those newer ones and used it for a while until I found my two falling-apart older ones, then I gave Marion the new one and went back to holding the pages together by hand,
This is a new edition with many new footnotes I have never seen from Ebertin's past editions. Last night I noted with these new Ebertin footnotes:
These are from the original Supplement that was also out in the early to mid '70s. Decades ago I copied the supplement by hand into my working copy. I was glad to see that they had included that content in the AFA edition, I just wasn't happy that they had failed to keep the original strict page layout (which is why I was eager to give up my newer one).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:27 pm

There's a lot in the introduction (pages 1 - 40) including a bibliography which I think it also from the supplement.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:48 pm

I never knew there was an original supplement to the earlier printings of COSI.

My regular Doctor tells me the fastest growing segment of the vast American Health Care systems are Dialysis Clinics. Ashley, my Acupuncturists, tells me Chinese Medicine considers the Kidney's the most important organs in the body—not the Heart. She says poor Kidney functions will eventually lead to Heart problems.

Jim,
Would you happen to have any of your Kidney GFR #'s from past blood test results---pre-keto diet, with newer GFR #'s after keto diet???

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:01 pm

Steve, all I know is my numbers were always normal - no irregularities. So I never took particular note of them.

I just found last September's lab results (after over a year on keto). GFR was 95. I'm pretty sure it was always in that range. - Confirming the consistency, I just found the report from a year earlier and it was also 95, about 4 months after starting keto. (I don't have anything earlier than that.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:16 am

Thanks Jim--this helps me a-lot for making possible future decisions adapting to my kidney problems.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:15 pm

SteveS wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:00 pm
Venus = Sun/Neptune has been found frequently in cases of kidney disease, pg 99.

I have a natal direct Sun/Neptune = Venus (1,59). This orb is wider than the orbs I have been working with—but still interesting.

Also, another footnote on page 98:
Sun/Neptune seems to relate to bad blood conditions and blood diseases generally.
And another important footnote for my kidney problems, pg 182:
Venus/Saturn = Moon has often been found in connection with kidney disease.
I have a natal indirect midpoint of Venus/Saturn = Moon (0,22)
Steve, these are great quotes and remind me of questions of medical astrology I've pondered for 40 years. I'll try to state it concisely. (These bullet points will give questions than answer.)
  • There are two different models of attaching body parts to astrological signs. They are 180° apart.
  • The first we can call the "Aries = head" system. It's what most astrology books teach. In this system, Libra is associated (among other things) with the kidneys.
  • The second we can call the "Libra = head" system. Fagan discovered this: Once he realized that the earliest sign-linked house systems were based on Libra rising, he realized that the body part assignments were flipped 180° and that the sign symbolism fit the flipped model better in more or less all cases, e.g., the organs of balance are in the head (= Libra), while the Aries glyph literally looks like body parts historically assigned to Libra, e.g., buttocks, uterus, and the kidney-urinary tracts.
  • I have found that physical ailments that can be linked to a specific body part are nearly always linked to the Sidereal placements (Moon, malefics, etc.) in the "Libra = head" model, seeming to confirm Fagan's proposal. For example serious life-altering back injuries more likely show a Leo Moon than Aquarius, while circulatory issues more likely are Aquarius (and so forth).
  • And yet, based on planetary rulerships, when planets (and their aspects) show an affliction, the systems affected seem to match the "Aries = head" system. Heart afflictions are usually Sun (i.e., Leo), even though Aquarius seems more linked to the heart and circulation than Leo. Breathing afflictions are usually Mercury (i.e., Gemini), even though Sagittarius seems more linked to the lungs and bronchi than Gemini. And so forth.
The last two bullet points state the problem: With kidney problems, based on sign models, I would expect Aries luminaries and malefics (not Libra) to be the culprit. On the other hand, my observation (and what you cite from Ebertin's research) is that if it isn't a sign-placement issue but, rather, is an afflicted planet, the afflicted planet will be Venus.

I don;t have a hard answer, but I have a soft answer I'll throw out. Mostly, though, I just wanted to stir some thought on the question.

I should mention in poreliminary that proponents of both models say that there is "reciprocal action," meaning that few people who have studied the question are entirely surprised when the symbolism seems to flip, when what you expect from, say, Virgo suddenly flips and shows in Pisces. There is some sense in which the opposites are linked (I've sometimes thought acupuncture meridians might help solve this mystery). But, anyway, with that caveat, here is my current theory about what resolves this seeming contradiction...

We are used to thinking of a planet in the sign of its body-part as showing a vulnerability, e.g., Mars in Sagittarius for chronic bronchial inflammation, which matches the "Libra = head" theory of Sagittarius (not Gemini) "ruling" the upper extremities and upper chest, including the bronchial tubes. Perhaps, though, these body parts are all naturally Gemini, but Sagittarius as the anti-Gemini is where weakness in Gemini matters is shown? Similarly, Aquarius would be more common for cardio-vascular problems (with its beautiful system of two-streams of flooding pumping through the body) but (under this theory) that's not because "Aquarius rules the heart" but because Leo rules the heart and Aquarius, therefore, as the anti-Leo shows an area of "Leo vulnerability" or heart-circulation vulnerability?

I like the theory only because it ironically solves the seeming contradiction I documented above. On the other hand, I dislike the theory because it seems contrived (it is contrived - I contrived it :)) and doesn't match the feel of how other astrological matters operate. But it might be right (or, then again, not).

That is, if Venus "rules" the kidneys (as evidence suggests it does), then Venus afflictions could show kidney afflictions (as seems to be the case in your chart) and we would expect Venus-like parts of the zodiac to show the same thing. But it doesn't. You have Jupiter rising in Libra, very strong, that one would expect to give unusual strength and protection to the kidneys. (I don't think the 0°08' trine from Mars would affect that.) Or, to take another example, with your Mars in Gemini and my Mars in Sagittarius, we would expect that you would have respiratory inflammation problems, not me: and, while I have long had allergy-inflaming asthma-like symptoms, as far as I know you have not: another example of Sagittarius, not Gemini ruling the bronchi.

The theory might, nonetheless, be that the signs per the "Aries = head" model show healthy functioning and the opposite signs (those that match the "Libra = head" model are the anti-signs that show a vulnerability. In this theory, instead of you have unusual protection from the kidneys with Jupiter rising in Libra, it would show that you are at risk of eventually dying (hopefully, far into the future) from kidney problems due to Aries on Descendant.

This, if true, does potentially tie into some other astrological observations. For example, on a purely psychological, behavioral point of view we can say that people have shadow-issues or personality imbalances reflected in opposite signs, e.g., that an Aries has "Venus problems" because of the under-developed Venus side, or Pisces has "Mercury problems," etc.

This was partly stream of consciousness aka rambling. :)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:11 am

Jim wrote:
There are two different models of attaching body parts to astrological signs. They are 180° apart.
The first we can call the "Aries = head" system. It's what most astrology books teach. In this system, Libra is associated (among other things) with the kidneys.
Jim, Ashley, pertaining to Chinese Medicine has taught me: First and foremost: The Kidneys are the most important organs in the body—not the heart.

When I first became aware of my Kidney disease diagnosed by Western Medicine and then realized the importance of this 'outstanding incident' SLR on Nov 28, 2018, I knew I had to seek 'alternative' health systems because of my natal Uranus partile cnj my SLR MC. In other words: If it had not been for my knowledge/understandings in the field of Sidereal Astrology stemming from Jim's teachings for Return Charts, I doubt very seriously my conscious/intuition would have made an appointment with Ashley. This one 'outstanding incident' SLR, IMO, probably has added quality years to my life. I had to wait until Jan 7th for an appointment with Ashley, with the fundamental reason being Ashley's business is backed-up with a long-line of patients through great word of mouth, which is the best advertisement possible. In other words: Chinese Medicine is curing people's ailments, where Western Medicine has been failing these same people/patients for curing their ailments.

Jim wrote:
This was partly stream of consciousness aka rambling.

Jim, I understand exactly where you are coming from with your 'consciousness aka rambling' about astrology associated with parts of the body.

Now, allow me to offer some of my 'consciousness aka ramblings' tied back in to the astrological signs and body parts/organs. IMO, we have to ask ourselves WHY Ebertin's research proved out that Sun/Nep = Ve showed a strong correlation for Kidney disease??? (BTW, it is my understanding that Ebertin Orb allowances for Midpoints were 1 and ½ degrees except for personal points which were allowed 2 degrees.) So, Ebertin would have been able to tell me I was susceptible for encountering Kidney problems at some point in my life with my Sun/Nep =Venus (1,59 orb).

Ebertin's Sun/Nep midpoint is very clear to me, simply because we know that Neptune has to do with possible'weakening' life principles in a malefic manner with all aspects in the field of astrology. Neptune in Sidereal Astrology is generally associate with malefic action. And we know with the body/health, the Sun has to do with the health 'constitutions' of our bodies. So, when strictly focusing on Sun/Nep with our bodies/health, we see some type of possible 'weakening' principles.

Now some of my astrological 'ramblings' for Venus having to do with the Kidneys:

At about the same time in my life when I encountered dangerously low GFR Kidney numbers with my blood-test results, I started encountering severe BALANCE problems with certain dizzy spells. The name of Ashley's Acupuncture Business is “The Balancing Point!!! Ashley told me that all 'balancing' problems with our bodies stems from problems with the Kidneys. In other words our Kidneys are out of BALANCED! When we look at the signs of the Zodiac starting from Aries, which BTW, is when the Earth is BALANCED with the Sun from an astronomical position, with equal/balanced length day/night; we count 180 degrees from Aries, and we arrive at sign of LIBRA ruled by VENUS!!! The grand symbolic icon for Libra are the SCALES, telling us their is a cosmic principle something to do with BALANCE. Where is the second BALANCED point in the Zodiac pertaining to the astronomical position of our Earth with the Sun with equal day/night?? Why-its Libra of course, with Venus ruling Libra. So imo, we may have a very good cosmic reason WHY Ebertin discovered through his exhausted research in 'Cosmobiology' why Venus is associated with Kidney disease combo with Sun/Neptune, hence Sun/Nep = Venus =Kidney Disease. So, I was born with high(er) % for developing Kidney disease sometime in my life with my direct midpoint of Sun/Neptune =Venus. I consider myself lucky the orb is 1,59 and not partile!!! BTW, Ashley completely cured me of my severe BALANCE problems, I now have absolutely no problems with my BALANCE. And, more importantly, Ashley is improving my Kidney GFR numbers keeping me away from the terrifying option of Dialysis in order to live!!! In fact, If I had to face Dialysis, I would choose not to live, for I know with other people in my life the terrible living conditions they had to go through living the last few months—couple of years of their life with Dialysis. Western Medicine may prolong our lives, but at times, it is doing it in a manner with very poor living health conditions. Given an option, I am more interested in living a quality shorter life through health than a longer suffering health life!!!!

Jim, truly I appreciate your astrological knowledge with your 'consciousness aka ramblings'--for it greatly contributed to my 'rambling' feedback as to a possible WHY Ebertin equated through his exhausted research the midpoint of Sun/Nep =Venus for higher % for Kidney Disease. Probably, all knowledges stems, first, from the 'ramblings' of our minds/consciousness.

Bottom Line: IMO, Libra/Venus indeed has something to do cosmically with the Kidneys in our Bodies being in harmony (Venus)---BALANCE!!!

I have much more to post in this thread pertaining to the great health results of people (family/friends) I referred to Ashley with her knowledge of Chinese Medicine—it is blowing my mind when it comes to Western Medicine vs Chinese Medicine!!!

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:07 am

SteveS wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:11 am
When we look at the signs of the Zodiac starting from Aries, which BTW, is when the Earth is BALANCED with the Sun from an astronomical position, with equal/balanced length day/night...
Steve, that's only true Tropically. (LOL, old habits die hard!) Ditto your remark about the "other balancing point" at 0° Libra.

The equinoxes Sidereally are currently in early Virgo-Pisces. (You knew that :).)

BTW, I totally agree with your analysis of why the Sun/Neptune midpoint has the attributed meaning it has. My ramblings were more centered on the piece of Venus' demonstrated connection to kidney issues. I'm not persuaded, though, about the larger orbs, and think that the more important marker among midpoints is Venus/Saturn = Moon 0°33', which is also in the same degree as Ur/As and Ju/Ur.

The equation of balance problems with kidney problems is indeed fascinating! That's exactly the kind of thing I was hoping to find in "reciprocal action" between, say, the two ends of the Aries-Libra axis, head (where the organs of balance lie) and kidneys (among other parts).
Given an option, I am more interested in living a quality shorter life through health than a longer suffering health life!!!!
I definitely get you on that one!
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:14 pm

Jim wrote:
Steve, that's only true Tropically.
:) I hear you Jim. I would be interested in your explanation why Ebertin's research associated Venus with Kidney disease, yet he paid little attention to signs with the bulk of his great work. I guess at heart if Ebertin had to choose a Zodiac he chooses the Tropical, but it really matters not to me for I know certain truths of the Sidereal Z vs certain non-truths of the Tropical Z.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:55 pm

SteveS wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:14 pm
I would be interested in your explanation why Ebertin's research associated Venus with Kidney disease, yet he paid little attention to signs with the bulk of his great work.
I'm still sure it came from the traditional Libra association. The fact that he mostly ignored signs is separate from the fact that Venus had come to be associated with the kidneys. (And, of course, it would be a great error for us to ignore signs now that we know the right ones!)

But more importantly, the answer is in the word "research." I don't think this was a theoretical finding but, rather, an observation based on case studies.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com