Planets and Psychic Powers

Q&A and discussion on the Planets.
sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Planets and Psychic Powers

Post by sotonye » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:01 am

I’ve read on here a bit ago that the Moon, Neptune, Mercury, and Uranus (but the Moon most especially) were associated with paranormal faculties, and I have a few questions about this all. To begin I’m wondering why Mercury would be associated with powers like that? How strange! It’s very surprising and the only explanation I can infer is a qabalistic one, Mercury being associated with knowledge of the secrets of nature

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Planets and Psychic Powers

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:15 am

sotonye wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:01 am
To begin I’m wondering why Mercury would be associated with powers like that? How strange!
The main reason, of course, is observation that it's true; and Mercury's involvement is mostly in terms of its aspects to things like Uranus.

But... why not Mercury? ... given that this is actual perception, not fantasy etc. If one opens an additional channel of perception, it's going to use some of the same cognitive resources as any other sense.

I think you're surprised because you think of "sixth sense" phenomena as unreal etc. rather than thinking of them as just another of the senses.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:09 pm

Also out of all of those people who have one of those planets expressive or strong in their charts, Mercury people (at least ones that I know), are the first to realize that all of the factual evidence in our minds is directly correlated with our own fixated reality that we live in. We tend to forget as people that reality isn't as anchored as we would like to believe. The power that comes with understanding the truth about reality is really quite interesting.
No i'm not homeless.. you just can't smell the roses as well as you can through a teepee door..

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:46 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:15 am
sotonye wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:01 am
To begin I’m wondering why Mercury would be associated with powers like that? How strange!
The main reason, of course, is observation that it's true; and Mercury's involvement is mostly in terms of its aspects to things like Uranus.
Oh I see, this makes sense about Mercury aspects, I thought it’s involvement was mostly as an angular planet, but I can see the mind moving along occult paths if its representative planet were aspected by an occult influence, I didn’t consider that there were aspects that could make this happen. Are there any other aspects associated with this kind of thing?
But... why not Mercury? ... given that this is actual perception, not fantasy etc. If one opens an additional channel of perception, it's going to use some of the same cognitive resources as any other sense.
Yes this makes sense
I think you're surprised because you think of "sixth sense" phenomena as unreal etc. rather than thinking of them as just another of the senses.
It’s not that I think of sixth sense phenomena are unreal, I’ve been encountering this sort of thing everyday since I was about 16 and even things more impossible than that, from flying to psychokinesis to summoning animals at will (specifically hummingbirds and I have no idea why, I got this on video last week), it really scared me before but I do think it’s all pretty natural now, I just would like to understand how this all is represented in a chart, which reminds me, is Pluto involved at all? Since it’s the most common angular planet for saints, the class of people who work miracles, I wonder if it confers that sort of thing

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:48 pm

Soft Alpaca wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:09 pm
Also out of all of those people who have one of those planets expressive or strong in their charts, Mercury people (at least ones that I know), are the first to realize that all of the factual evidence in our minds is directly correlated with our own fixated reality that we live in. We tend to forget as people that reality isn't as anchored as we would like to believe. The power that comes with understanding the truth about reality is really quite interesting.

Yes this makes sense hm, this sounds like a solid theory of magick

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:28 pm

Pluto isn't particulaly involved in the capacity, though Pluto people are more obviously outliers who are likely to catch people's attention as being weird.

But you also now have me wondering if I misunderstood the question, or if this thread has diverged in a new direction. I thought you were originally asking about psychic powers, that is, psychic perceptions etc. Now the thread seems to have diverged to phenomenological magick. These will be dramatically different astrological profiles having almost nothing to do with each other.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:02 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:28 pm
Pluto isn't particulaly involved in the capacity, though Pluto people are more obviously outliers who are likely to catch people's attention as being weird.

But you also now have me wondering if I misunderstood the question, or if this thread has diverged in a new direction. I thought you were originally asking about psychic powers, that is, psychic perceptions etc. Now the thread seems to have diverged to phenomenological magick. These will be dramatically different astrological profiles having almost nothing to do with each other.
No you didn’t misunderstand Mr. E, the misunderstanding is mine, I misunderstood that planets associated with psychic perceptions were different from the ones associated with phenomenal magick, I thought they were the same, what planets are associated with phenomenal magick?

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:58 am

I believe that this is a case of suares and rectangles. All rectangles are square but squares aren't all rectangles.

In as sense all psychic powers may be considered to be some gift beyond what our science can directly explain (must be miraculous and magical) however not all magik or cases of the miraculous are psychic power/psychically oriented.
No i'm not homeless.. you just can't smell the roses as well as you can through a teepee door..

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:54 am

Here are 3 AA times from 3 Psychics I have worked with in my life:

Kasia:
Aug 15 1950
7:26 AM CDT
Fort Wayne, Indiana

Kasia blew me away, but only after many years of realizing she accurately read the main points of my entire Life Destiny. A very high grade psychic.

Tina:
June 19 1952
10:40 AM CST
Des Monies, Iowa

Tina's chart is loaded with Gemini-Mercury symbolism with an Exaltation Moon. Of these 3 Psychics, Tina was the closest one I got to know and very compatible with things in my Chart, particularly with both of our Sun's being ruled by Mercury. Her sight literately saved my Business Life in so many ways, allowed me much Business success. She allowed me to do astrological research with ALL her clients who had AA rated time charts. Most of her clients were women needing a read on the men/relationships in their life. This research absolutely proved to me the 7th House in a Natal Chart is absolutely more symbolic for close relationships. A very high grade psychic, very, very Mercurial with her Gemini Stellium. If there was one thing in my life which proved to me that Mercury may indeed have something to do with the Messenger of the Gods/Divine--it was my work with Tina and her unique chart symbolism with Mercury.

Susan:
Feb 3 1966
7:26 PM EST
Columbus, Ohio

Susan has helped me with certain understandings with family crises and specific health issues.

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:45 pm

SteveS wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:54 am
Here are 3 AA times from 3 Psychics I have worked with in my life:

Kasia:
Aug 15 1950
7:26 AM CDT
Fort Wayne, Indiana

Kasia blew me away, but only after many years of realizing she accurately read the main points of my entire Life Destiny. A very high grade psychic.

Tina:
June 19 1952
10:40 AM CST
Des Monies, Iowa

Tina's chart is loaded with Gemini-Mercury symbolism with an Exaltation Moon. Of these 3 Psychics, Tina was the closest one I got to know and very compatible with things in my Chart, particularly with both of our Sun's being ruled by Mercury. Her sight literately saved my Business Life in so many ways, allowed me much Business success. She allowed me to do astrological research with ALL her clients who had AA rated time charts. Most of her clients were women needing a read on the men/relationships in their life. This research absolutely proved to me the 7th House in a Natal Chart is absolutely more symbolic for close relationships. A very high grade psychic, very, very Mercurial with her Gemini Stellium. If there was one thing in my life which proved to me that Mercury may indeed have something to do with the Messenger of the Gods/Divine--it was my work with Tina and her unique chart symbolism with Mercury.

Susan:
Feb 3 1966
7:26 PM EST
Columbus, Ohio

Susan has helped me with certain understandings with family crises and specific health issues.
In these examples Mr. E’s understanding is shown quite clearly, with the Moon being angular in two cases and Neptune angular in the last, and the Mercury symbolism is also apparent which is really still a curiosity to me! How did you come to meet these powerful women?

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:47 pm

what planets are associated with phenomenal magick?
Boosting this question because I’m still kind of shocked there’s a difference between planets that coincide with ESP and ones that produce phenomenal effects

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:51 am

Sotonye asked:
How did you come to meet these powerful women?
By coincidence and good 'word of mouth' from people I respect/trusted.

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:15 pm

Inasmuch as Pluto humanly stands for First Cause, this planet may be thought of as symbolic of the dividing line between what oversimplifying metaphysicians call the material and spiritual planes, between a principle and an example of that principle, between a pattern for something and the something itself—Garth Allen
As to the question of planets involved in phenomenal magick, I’m going to cast my vote for Pluto as prime suspect. This quote by Garth Allen has it sound like Pluto operates from laws above those of nature, which is I think a kind of foundation of magical thinking, that one can know and make use of laws otherwise recondite to most people to bridge the gap between an idea and its manifest reality etc etc etc

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:14 pm

Here are birth data for some of the most significant ceremonial magicians of the last few centuries:

John Dee, July 13, 1527, 4:12 PM, London, England
Edward Kelley, August 1, 1555, 4:00 PM, Worcester, England
Aleister Crowley, October 12, 1875, between 11 PM and midnight (I suggest 11:35 PM), Leamington Spa, England
Paul Foster Case, October 3, 1884, 6:00 AM. Fairport, NY
Dion Fortune, December 6, 1890, "in the early hours of the morning," Llandudno, Wales
Jack Parsons, October 2, 1914, 8:45 PM, Los Angeles, CA
Israel Regardie, November 17, 1917, 6:10 AM, London, England

Here are a couple of second-stringers of note:

William Butler Yeats, June13, 1865, 10:40 PM, Sandymount, Ireland
Wilfred Talbot Smith, June 9, 1895, 0:40 AM, Tunbridge Wells, UK

And you already have the birth data of one somewhat prolific and widely read author on the subject, October 10, 1954, 4:13 AM, Rochester, IN.

From these few, you get the following tallies:

Constellations
Tau: Sun 2
Can: Sun 2
Vir: Sun 4 Moon 1 = 5
Sco: Sun 2
Cap: Moon 3
Aqu: Moon 3
Pis: Moon 2
Ari: Moon 1

Foreground/Angular Planets
4: Mars
3: Sun Jupiter Uranus
2: Moon Mercury
1: Venus Saturn
0: Neptune Pluto

Luminary Aspects
Mo-Su: 1
Mo-Me: 1
Mo-Ve: 1
Mo-Ma: 3
Mo-Sa: 3

Mo-Ne: 2
Mo-Pl: 1
Su-Ma: 1
Su-Ju: 1
Su-Sa: 4
Su-Ur: 2
Su-Ne: 1

Other Aspects
5: Ma-Pl
4: Ve-Ju Ve-Sa Ma-Ne

3: Me-Sa Me-Ne Ve-Ma
2: Me-Ma Ve-Ur Ve-Pl Ju-Sa Ju-Pl Sa-Ur Ur-Ne Ne-Pl
1: Me-Ve Me-Ju Me-Ur Me-Pl Ma-Sa Ma-Ur Ju-Ur Ju-Ne Sa-Pl Ur-Pl
0: Ve-Ne Ma-Ju Sa-Ne
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:19 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:14 pm
Here are birth data for some of the most significant ceremonial magicians of the last few centuries:

John Dee, July 13, 1527, 4:12 PM, London, England
Edward Kelley, August 1, 1555, 4:00 PM, Worcester, England
Aleister Crowley, October 12, 1875, between 11 PM and midnight (I suggest 11:35 PM), Leamington Spa, England
Paul Foster Case, October 3, 1884, 6:00 AM. Fairport, NY
Dion Fortune, December 6, 1890, "in the early hours of the morning," Llandudno, Wales
Jack Parsons, October 2, 1914, 8:45 PM, Los Angeles, CA
Israel Regardie, November 17, 1917, 6:10 AM, London, England

Here are a couple of second-stringers of note:

William Butler Yeats, June13, 1865, 10:40 PM, Sandymount, Ireland
Wilfred Talbot Smith, June 9, 1895, 0:40 AM, Tunbridge Wells, UK

And you already have the birth data of one somewhat prolific and widely read author on the subject, October 10, 1954, 4:13 AM, Rochester, IN.

From these few, you get the following tallies:

Constellations
Tau: Sun 2
Can: Sun 2
Vir: Sun 4 Moon 1 = 5
Sco: Sun 2
Cap: Moon 3
Aqu: Moon 3
Pis: Moon 2
Ari: Moon 1

Foreground/Angular Planets
4: Mars
3: Sun Jupiter Uranus
2: Moon Mercury
1: Venus Saturn
0: Neptune Pluto

Luminary Aspects
Mo-Su: 1
Mo-Me: 1
Mo-Ve: 1
Mo-Ma: 3
Mo-Sa: 3

Mo-Ne: 2
Mo-Pl: 1
Su-Ma: 1
Su-Ju: 1
Su-Sa: 4
Su-Ur: 2
Su-Ne: 1

Other Aspects
5: Ma-Pl
4: Ve-Ju Ve-Sa Ma-Ne

3: Me-Sa Me-Ne Ve-Ma
2: Me-Ma Ve-Ur Ve-Pl Ju-Sa Ju-Pl Sa-Ur Ur-Ne Ne-Pl
1: Me-Ve Me-Ju Me-Ur Me-Pl Ma-Sa Ma-Ur Ju-Ur Ju-Ne Sa-Pl Ur-Pl
0: Ve-Ne Ma-Ju Sa-Ne
Angular Mars? Does this make any sense symbolically?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:52 am

Magick is all about moving energy (and numerous other Mars themed characteristics: It much resembles warfare).

Another way to say it is that magick is specifically about power (hence its primary full development in G'vurah). "Power" can be defined as "the capacity to produce an effect."
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:18 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:52 am
Magick is all about moving energy (and numerous other Mars themed characteristics: It much resembles warfare).

Another way to say it is that magick is specifically about power (hence its primary full development in G'vurah). "Power" can be defined as "the capacity to produce an effect."
I couldn’t imagine a better explanation, that was great, thank you again Mr. Eshelman