An example of PSSR Moon

Q&A and discussion on progressions of Sidereal Solar Returns.
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
An example of PSSR Moon

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:00 am

For a while, I've been questioning whether PSSR planets progress. In traditional theory, the entire PSSR - angles and planets - progresses at a rate approximately 25% faster than the SQ (which is a pure Secondary Progression of the SSR). But what if only the angles are progressing?

Fagan seemed to consider the PSSR his "crowned jewel" discovery of the larger Solunars system. And yet, over the decades, and despite a few really good examples, several of us had starting question whether its importance was all in our minds. There were too many examples of it bombing. And, particularly, it was getting harder for me to justify that its lunar progressions meant anything: They'd always arrive a little sooner than the identical SQ progressions so that one could rightfully expect either two events or a one-two punch, first the PSSR Moon hitting and then the SQ Moon hitting in echo or finality (or whatever).

But, watching my transits and progressions in an ongoing way, it was getting harder to find clear-cut PSSR Moon progressions connecting to significant events (or even minor events, or even significant mood shifts).

The mystery of PSSR angles seeming to sometimes work and sometimes not seems to have been solved by realizing that they do not move at the apparent solar rate as Fagan insisted but at the mean solar rate (even flow of time) that marks the flow of every other similar technique. I came to this conclusion a year or two or three ago and then recently discovered that Ken Bowser had come to the same conclusion. Against that, I have to admit our friend StarAgeWiz has posted some good examples of the PSSR working by apparent rate, so I can't say the jury is entirely out. But what I see on day to day performance and specific events favor the mean rate a 'supermajority' of the time.

But back to the Moon: It's not hard to conceive that (just maybe) the PSSR angles move under a different theory than progressions. Maybe they aren't a progression rate rate at all (that would carry the whole chart forward): Maybe just a way of moving the angles? We have weirder ideas in astrology so, sure, that's at least possible.

So I'd begun to doubt the PSSR Moon was real.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: An example of PSSR Moon

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:02 am

Having said that - and taken the space to summarize my current thinking - yesterday provided a contrary example, one where the PSSR Moon was a big player. Knowing that one good example doesn't make a case one way or the other, I nonetheless felt I should record it here as part of the continuing record.

Yesterday was a significant event for Marion and me. We have operated a side wine business for over six and a half years as part of the Boisset Collection (doing home wine tasting events, helping people explore and purchase wine more generally, offering a wine club, etc.). It's probably important to note that Boisset is a premium brand with high distinction. The family is the largest producer of wine in Burgundy (third largest in France), and it's all family owned. The founder's son, Jean-Charles Boisset, took a deep interest in the climate, psychological, and legal advantages of producing wine in the United States and, many years, ago, started acquiring historic, significant wineries in Northern California, e.g., Buena Vista, which is the oldest premium winery in the U.S. So, we represent a distinguished collection of Napa, Sonoma, and French (currently about 25) wineries. We've slowly been trying to make something of this connection for years.

Last May, when the coronavirus pandemic had settled in and Uranus first transited square her MC, Marion began exploding with ideas, especially about innovative ways to do "home" wine tastings across Zoom with a focus on creating the feeling of people actually being out together with others and having a fun night out - during a time nobody was going out in real life. We've done two to three dozen such events since May and they've been quite the success. This also gave us inroads to build a stronger team under us - other people doing their own style and version of what we're doing within Boisset.

As a result of this, yesterday (March 26, 2013) we were both promoted to the level of Senior Directors of the company. This occurred at 12:53 PM PDT. We were both at home, 34N03'46", 118W18'47". The impact of this step, besides a sense of accomplishment etc., is that we are officially in the corporate leadership ring and folks at the top pointedly listen to our input (and, I suppose, we hear the gossip a little earlier than others). It's a big deal for us. We spent the day on victory laps and celebrations, including feeling great about it, getting accolades from other people in the organization (including those we'll be working with in the leadership circle), cheering on our team (who then went on to crack a sales record later in the day), having a great dinner with a couple of celebratory bottles, etc.

One would expect some significant benefic operation, yes? Either Venus or Jupiter would do, given the celebration, but a bit more Jupiter than Venus, yes? So... what was in the charts?
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:20 am

The event chart itself is pretty interesting. Venus and Sun were conjoined within 0°08' within about 2°of MC. Fine for something happy with pleasure and leadership in the mix. They were in Pisces which is consistent with the context. Also, given the recent exploration of the possibility that fixed stars are indeed significant but only in paran, I'm tickled that the important Sun-Venus conjunction had a potential paran with Vindemiatrix, the star of the grape harvest (which puts the vin in Vindemiatrix): Though Sun and Venus were currently at the Midheaven, they would both later set just as Vindemiatrix rose, Sun within 0°48' and Venus within 0°57'.

Both Marion and I had new lunar returns about to occur, but these were ambivalent. My Demi-SLR March 27, 10:01 AM has Jupiter at MC (good!) and Mars slightly closer to Asc (not so good, especially as it afflicted Jupiter). Additionally, Jupiter is in the degree of Mars' exaltation for a double Mars hit. This fits some parts of the event (the celebration, spending lots of money on ordering gifts for our team, the general sense of industry) but isn't the clean "hit" one might hope for. My current full SLR is vaguely fitting with a partile Sun-Moon conjunction closely angular.

Marion's new SLR occurred a couple of hours after the event (and as most of the day unfolded) and was also compromised. While it had a bit of Uranus and a bit of Jupiter, the single strongest detail is Saturn within 1° of square Midheaven. This had led me to believe we'd hit road-blocks, even though I thought we'd prevail in the end. Her prior SLR (which I think was effectively expired) had Uranus on IC square Saturn, which was similarly within 1° of square MC.

So, it wasn't in the lunars.

But it was in the progressions!
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:31 am

The ultimate likely success was easy to see in Marion's chart. I'd seen it coming! At the time we got the news, her progressed Moon and Jupiter were within 0°32' of opposition:

24°26' Virgo - p Moon
24°58' Pisces - p Jupiter

When progressed Moon opposed natal Jupiter last fall, some of the ground work was established. Moving on to progressed Jupiter sealed the deal.

For my chart, one of the clearest indicators was in the PSSR (which, after all, is what this long post is about).

There were other, smaller hits along the way. My own SNQ was mixed (having natal Mars square Asc) but did have the perfectly clear placement of my natal Sun 0°20' from WP. Also, the clearest indicator was a quite transiting Jupiter within 1° of my local WP. This, in fact, may be the real event marker - it might not be the PSSR aspect I'm about to mention, just a straightforward Jupiter transit across a natal (local) angle. There is also the interesting (close but relatively inert) aspect of transiting Moon conjunct progressed Moon within 0°01' which, at the very least, suggests I should check my Kinetic Lunar but, otherwise, doesn't clearly mean anything I can pin down about the event.

My SQ didn't seem to catch anything. SQ Moon has been opposite transiting Pluto for a few months (separated about 0°48' right now). SQ Moon at 2°13' Cancer had been square my Neptune for a couple of months and was almost fully departed the 1° orb (at 0°53'): While Neptune seems to theme to wine, this isn't really a success aspect: I think the main significance of it is that the aspect, which had been hovering for two months, had basically faded.

Ah, but if that's the SQ Moon, what was the PSSR doing? A quick check with Solar Fire shows a remarkable hit!

3°20' Cancer - r Uranus
3°37' Cancer - r Jupiter
3°44' Cancer - PSSR Moon

Useful note: Using mean PSSR rate, the quickie check with Solar Fire will always have angles within about 1° of accuracy and should have the planets within a minute or two. Janus, in contrast, calculates the PSSR angles with great precision but doesn't give the right progressed positions at all. If you use Janus and pick Progressed Solar Return V1, it gives PSSR angles and SSR (unprogressed) planets (which is useful sometimes). If you pick Progressed Solar Return V2, it's supposed to progress the planets also, but it gives the SQ planets, not the PSSR planets.

Janus confirms the PSSR MC was 0°30' Scorpio, almost within a degree of natal Venus (1°53' Scorpio), getting closer as the day went on. Also, PSSR Ascendant at 12°50' Capricorn was comfortably removed from transiting Saturn (which hits Sunday).

So I have to admit: This is a good, clean hit for the PSSR Moon. The event might have been shown without it by transiting Jupiter to a local angle, but the concurrence of Marion's progressed natal Moon exactly opposite Jupiter and my progressed SSR Moon conjunct Jupiter is - at the very least - eye-catching.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:37 am

8-)

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:56 am

Jim wrote:
So I have to admit: This is a good, clean hit for the PSSR Moon. The event might have been shown without it by transiting Jupiter to a local angle, but the concurrence of Marion's progressed natal Moon exactly opposite Jupiter and my progressed SSR Moon conjunct Jupiter is - at the very least - eye-catching.
Indeed!!! Jim, the more I ponder your thoughts about the PSSR Moon with this event in your life, the more I become intrigued about the PSSR Moon with its possible timing implications pertaining to our Natal Planets and Houses. Since joining this forum, I have longed known about your passion with fine wines and the Wine Industry in your nearby areas of LA. I quickly see your Natal partile conjunction of Jupiter-Uranus is in your 11th House of “Hopes & Wishes,” and certain traditions proclaim the 11th House is the most benefic House of em all. Your post about this very benefic incident in your life has set off a wave of speculative thinking for the PSSR Moon, which I want to discuss later, but anyway :shock:-- what a benefic hit you had with your PSSR Moon partile conjuncting your partile Jupiter-Uranus Natal Conjunction. I have never really tracked my PSSR Moons to my Natal Planets since SF has not function for the PSSR Moons.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:59 am

Here is the way use Solar Fire for the PSSR, especially Moon aspects, which only takes a few seconds once you set it up right:

First, the technique about to show is only accurate enough for PSSR angles if I'm correct the operate at the mean solar rate (even flow of time) instead of the apparent solar rate (uneven flow of time). In that case, there are technical reasons the PSSR angles will still be slightly off, but I haven't personally seen a case where they were more than 1° wrong. (My practice is to look at the PSSR with this very fast technique in SF and then, if I want to be absolutely sure, to check it in Janus, which you kindly provided me.)

If the PSSR angles are correct within 1° then PSSR Moon will accurate within 0°02', so this is definitely a useful technique.

How to set it up: Go into Settings on the Progs/Dirs tab. In the "Rate for User Progs" field type: 0.003430114. That's it! That's the whole setup! From that point on (after you save the settings with Ctrl+S or with Preferences | Save Settings), your (almost exactly correct) PSSR option will be listed as "User Progerssions."

How to Use: You can use this in all sorts of ways. For example, if you are used to using Dynamic Reports to calculate a year of SSR progressions, do it exactly the same way but (in the upper right, in the Progressions field) pick "User Prog Rate" instead of "Secondary."

Contrasting SQ & PSSR day by day: To check both of these in a few seconds every day, click on your Solar Return and pick Dynamic | Animate TriWheel. I believe you are already using my custom three-wheel chart form that puts natal on the inside, progressed in the middle, and transits on the outside - and uses the angles of the middle progressed ring. If so, then when you click Dynamic | Animate TriWheel you will get the SQ for that moment. Then, to switch to the PSSR, click the Charts button, click on Middle Wheel, and pick User Progressions. Voila, the PSSR!
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:05 am

Or - so you can include your natal planets - here is a more detailed way to get all three quotidians in a few seconds.

0. Have a copy of your natal chart and your current SSR calculated. (These should both be for your current location. I just calculated yours for Springville as an example.)

1. SNQ: Click on your natal chart then click Dynamic | Animate TriWheel. This gives your natal on the inside, your secondary progressed natal in the middle (and for the angles / cusps), and transits on the outside. - You can use the animation errors to move it forward and backwards a day at a time or whatever. Doing yours for today, I see you're just coming out of a 1° orb of progressed Moon to progressed Pluto, Q IC just passed progressed Mercury conjunct natal Jupiter (yesterday), and Q Asc going to hit progressed Mars in about two days.

2. SQ: Click the Charts button. Click on Middle Wheel (below). Click on your SSR in the Base Chart field. (Leave "Secondary Progressions" selected.) This gives exactly the same setup as before on two wheels (natal on the inside, transits on the outside) but changes the middle wheel and the angles / cusps to SQ (secondary progression of the SSR). You don't really need to devote one circle to the SSR and another to the SQ since they are nearly identical. Doing yours for today, I see SQ Ascendant on transiting Saturn and square SSR Uranus, but SQ EP still within 1° of transiting Jupiter. SQ Moon at 21°38' Libra is not currently doing anything but it does alert me that, over the last couple of months, you've had both SNQ and SQ Moons square natal Pluto.

3. PSSR (very close approximation): Click the Charts button. Click on Middle Wheel (below). Switch from "Secondary Progressions" to "User Progressions." This gives exactly the same setup as last time except that the middle wheel and cusps / angles are now the PSSR. PSSR Moon shows at 23°33' Libra: When it moves another 3° it will conjoin your natal Jupiter. The only angularity today is PSSR MC square natal Neptune.

Glances at these, I see that all three had one or more Jupiter within 1° of an angle one to two days ago. I'm still unsure about the relative importance of the quotidians, but, if we give them full weight, it would seem that in the last three days you've had some kind of "super Jupiter day." For example, in the PSSR, Asc squared SSR Jupiter two days ago.

Just stepping your PSSR forward by months (the Step By) section, I can tell you (plus-minus 0°02') that PSSR Moon conjoins your natal Jupiter July 29. It will be in 1° orb about three weeks before and after this. One interesting day when it is barely in orb is July 11, when PSSR Moon is just a little less than 1° from your Jupiter and they are on an angle together. Soon after that, on July 13, transiting Jupiter is on a PSSR angle (at the same time that it is transiting your natal IC). If there is anything to this technique, then those few days in mid-July should be somehow exceptionally positive for you.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:29 am

As a final example of the three-wheel technique that you can use to test your understanding of it: Calculate John Kennedy's natal chart relocated to Dallas and his 1963 SSR for Dallas (to use as a base for his SQ and PSSR). Following the above method, click on his natal and Animate TriWheel, then set the date and time to 11/22/63 at 12:30 PM.

SNQ: Nothing here that catches my eye.

SQ: The primary aspect of his assassination, the exact Venus-Mars conjunction, is exactly on Ascendant, Mars being 0°23' from Asc. SQ Moon at 24°48' Leo is not in partile orb of anything.

PSSR: Of several things near angles (might double-check through Janus), the striking angularity is PSSR MC square SSR Saturn within 1°. But the real wham-bam contact is that PSSR Moon at 26°17' Leo (3° later than SQ Moon) is square transiting Mars within 0°01'!

We can test how accurate this close-but-approximate PSSR calculation is. By the Solar Fire method I described above, PSSR MC is 28°17' Libra. Recalculating with Janus, I get 29°35' Libra. This time it is just slightly more than 1° off. So (follow along with my thinking, please) if (as Janus shows) the PSSR MC should have really been 1°18' later than Solar Fire calculated, then the PSSR should have been about 5 minutes of time later, meaning that PSSR Moon should have been about 0°02' later - or 26°19'' Leo, which is still within 0°01' of square transiting Mars.

PSSR MC 29°35' Libra opposed natal Jupiter (29°27' Aries) and squared SSR Saturn (28°52' Capricorn) - that is, it highlighted SSR Saturn square natal Jupiter for dethroning the president.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:09 am

Brilliant thinking Jim for PSSR Moon use with SF!!! You have peaked my interest! Can you now practically calculate in a short period of time with this method and see if your PSSR Moon conjunct hit to your Natal Jupiter-Uranus was the first time in your life you had this partile conjunct hit???

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:17 am

SteveS wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:09 am
Can you now practically calculate in a short period of time with this method and see if your PSSR Moon conjunct hit to your Natal Jupiter-Uranus was the first time in your life you had this partile conjunct hit???
I don't think there's a way to easily to that. It would require running all my SSRs for life (which I already have stored in a file) and then working with each one separately for the year it was in effect. This would take a few hours at best. (The Moon starts all over in a new spot every year.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:24 am

Jim wrote:
I don't think there's a way to easily to that. It would require running all my SSRs for life (which I already have stored in a file) and then working with each one separately for the year it was in effect. This would take a few hours at best. (The Moon starts all over in a new spot every year.)
Yes, I was not thinking right. I will eventually run SF quick calculations for multiple return charts, scanning quickly with my eyes the longitude of your SSR's Moons with the years SSR Moon was within 13 degrees before your Natal Ju-Ur conjunction. I will also check to see how many times in my life I have received a partile conjunction of PSSR Moon to my Natal Jupiter. But regardless, I can certainly understand how elated (Jupiter) you and Marion must be with this senior director position pertaining to a passion/goal for your lives. In your PSSR Moon r Jupiter case, it makes me think of Ebertin's footnoted remark naming Jupiter-Uranus configurations the "Thank You Lord" combo. It also makes me think, if memory is serving me, when you first met Marion how you got started exploring the fine wines. Its a bonus when a couple can share in shared pursuits together, serves as an extra strong bond for the relationship and special astrological insight as something Jupiter fated together as a couple. 8-)

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:15 am

Jim, calculating all of your SSR's in 10 minutes of checking with SF rapid Return calculations, I see you have had 3 SSR's with PSSR Moon partile conjunct your Natal partile Jup-Uranus conjunction, 1982, 2001, 2020.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:38 am

SteveS wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:15 am
Jim, calculating all of your SSR's in 10 minutes of checking with SF rapid Return calculations, I see you have had 3 SSR's with PSSR Moon partile conjunct your Natal partile Jup-Uranus conjunction, 1982, 2001, 2020.
Thanks. Now, let's see if I can connect these to anything.

The 1982 SSR was a hard one (looking at it now), though I don't recall it being a hard year. Saturn was 0°41' above Asc conjunct Pluto 1°41' above. Moon, 1°26' off Midheaven, was in either mundane or ecliptical square to both Saturn and Pluto. My natal Mars and Neptune were closely tied into all this.

At the beginning of 1981 (January or February), I accepted a job with Neil Michelsen at Astro-Computer Services overseeing the book publishing arm. I stayed two years, so I left around February 1983, under the October '82 SSR. I spent the week in San Diego then either I would go back to LA on the weekends or Anna-Kria would come down to SD (more or less alternating). I don't know if I spent that birthday in LA or SD (the SSR was a Sunday morning, so it could have been either.)

Looking at the SSR, I would have thought the most intense (perhaps worse) part of the year would be when SQ or PSSR Moon reached s Pluto and r Neptune within the first month and a half after my birthday. -- Thinking through this, some details are starting to come back to me: I was tending to feel burned out. This had been my first full adult "going to work everyday" job and I'd loved it for two years, but some things were starting to wear on me - perhaps just my astrological state and not actual circumstances. As my successor came into the company, I worked from home for a couple of months, more or less in isolation, finishing an important project. I had big business plans for when I got back to LA (and they didn't mature, it all amounted to nothing).

PSSR Moon squared my Neptune in late October, SSR Pluto the first week of November. It then conjoined my natal Jupiter-Uranus in the first few days of December (being in orb three or four weeks before and after). I honestly can't remember what might have happened exactly there.

SQ Moon came (as usual) slower behind, but only a little since it was early in the birthday year. (It was exact in mid-December.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:47 am

The 2001 SSR was also a Saturn-Pluto chart. It occurred at my home in LA a month after the 9/11 attacks and had Saturn opposite Pluto along the meridian. I was in school for the first time in decades, getting a computer tech certification that would be the "piece of paper" I needed to accompany skills so I could reinvent myself professionally. I'd closed my law practice four years earlier and going through a few years of living off of (and thus wiping out) savings and living sparsely.

Moon at 26°14' Gemini would oppose my Mars, square my Neptune, and conjoin my Jupiter-Uranus during the year. PSSR Moon conjoined my Jupiter-Uranus mid-March; SQ Moon reached the same spot a month later, mid-April (2002).

To the best of my recollection (diaries are in storage), it was in the spring that, having completed m certification soon before, I got occasional work supporting the computer systems of a non-profit downtown. Later, in August, I landed the job at Warner Music Group that would set me solidly on track of my new career direction, but that was too far into the year. Nothing else pops up for March-April except probably getting some "save my six" income.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:43 pm

We can see 2001 began a major new cycle for you and career, and we can now see your 2020 PSSR Moon partile conjunct your r Jup starting another important cycle for you with your new Wine Director position, of course, both of these solar years benefic. Thanks for this feedback and pointing out to me my 2020 PSSR Moon partile cnj my r Jupiter in July 2021. My life also calculated 3 solar years PSSR Moon's partile cnj my r Jupiter, 1955, 2001, 2020. I have more thoughts and questions---later.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:22 am

Jim wrote:
But, watching my transits and progressions in an ongoing way, it was getting harder to find clear-cut PSSR Moon progressions connecting to significant events (or even minor events, or even significant mood shifts).
Reading one of Fagan AA articles in “Solunars Handbook”, he wrote how important it was to track our 4 Moons: r Moon, sp Moon, SSR Moon, & SQ Moon---correct? But I never interpreted this Fagan Solunars AA article to include PSSR Moon. Do you think it possible Fagan eventually came to the conclusion expressed with your above words? But regardless, your PSSR Moon to its partile conjunction to r Jupiter-Uranus is an outstanding example for timing your promotion to Senior Director. For sure we know SQ Moons time many incidents in our life, but it appears PSSR Moon does not. This imo, makes it easy to overlook PSSR Moons, along with lack of direct PSSR Moon functions with software. With your PSSR Moon example here, it makes me want to think it’s possible that PSSR Moons are mainly timing events with our Natal planetary factors, but....

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:35 am

Astrologers as a group tend to make a very big deal out of single case examples. I tried to write the above to avoid both Scylla and Charybdis; that is, both to show this one striking example (important because I'd been questioning whether the system was valid at all) AND to admit that it's only a single example - and may mean nothing at all.

At any given point in time, PSSR Moon - even if it's a complete fiction and has no meaning at all - has 1 chance in 50 of being within 1° of conjunction, opposition, and square of a specific natal planet. That means that if we look at 50 events, we'll surely find an example or two where there was an exact hit to what we think is the right planet. In this case, that was a very exact hit to a very right planet but - to be clear - that also could have been just a coincidence.

So we need more cases and to keep watching this.

The JFK example has always been a favorite: Transiting Mars square PSSR Moon within 0°01'. That one example is so impressive to the astrologer that it's tempting to forget that this, too, could have been a coincidence, a random time when something just happened to fall in the right place. Each example we add decreases the chance it's a coincidence - but but every individual example we see, we have to remember it could be meaningless. - This one, though, if valid, tells us that PSSR Moon isn't just aspecting natal planets, but also transiting planets.

These aspects occur all the time: This 1-in-50 chance of hitting one specific planet becomes better than 1-in-5 chance of hitting any of the ten natal planets. But PSSR Moon could also hit transiting planets and SSR planets: This triples the chance: To summarize, at any given moment the odds that PSSR Moon will be within 1° of conjunction, opposition, or square to a natal, SSR, or transiting planet is 67 chances out of 100. Two times out of three, there WILL be an aspect that we would count. The question is: Is it to the correct planet.

You could say that the Kennedy example - Mars transiting square PSSR Moon with a 0°01' orb - is a much rarer thing. However... if we're honest with ourselves... we know we wouldn't have interpreted it any differently if it had been within 0°59', right? So... two times out of three there will be SOME hard aspect to PSSR Moon.

This single example has renewed my willingness to keep looking (when I was about to give up)... but it's all a balancing act. Being impressed enough... and not impressed overly much... by a single example.

We have a lot of work to do! (The Sidereal founders left us all this gold when they left us nearly half a century ago. I sometimes think I've let them down with how little work of their quality I've done in the interim. But we just keep plugging away, everybody doing the piece of it they can.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:47 am

Does the PSSR Moon show in mundane events? (I guess that's what Fagan called the PSSI?)

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:23 am

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:47 am
Does the PSSR Moon show in mundane events? (I guess that's what Fagan called the PSSI?)
(Or, rather, Bradley did.) - Great question. I've done spots checks but, because of the difficulty in calculating PSSRs, haven't exhaustively looked at it in the entire catalogue.

Given the enormous amount of work of going back and doing this across more than 500 catalogued examples with at least the Capsolar and surely (for consistency) the Cansolar in connection with both ingress and transiting planets... it's just another example of things I haven't gotten done yet. (I think the PSSI is listed in the "stuff still to look at"? section in SMA.)

Here's another thing that gets in the way: The SQ rate is one sidereal day per year. The PSSR rate is about 1.25 sidereal days per year (365.256363004 days in the year 2000, the critical part being what comes after the decimal point). The SQ and PSSR start in the same place, then the PSSR races ahead a little bit faster. One effect of this is that, in the front part of the year (the early months after an ingress or solar return), the "two Moons" will be so close to each other than even if we find a great hit with PSSI Moon, it likely will overlap a similar hit with the SQ (e.g., CapQ) Moon. We're left with, "Oh, nice hit! Of course, I already knew progressed Moon aspected Saturn, because it did that in the other quotidian rate."

Let's pin this down a bit: A sidereal month averages 27.321661 days. This means that Moon's average daily speed is 13.1763584944561° (13°10'35"). This is the average amount that secondary progressed Moon moves per year - the average that CapQ Moon moves during a year. The PSSR/PSSI Moon will then move 25.636% faster, or an additional 3.377930845419683° (3°22'41").

Until PSSR Moon outpaces SQ Moon by 1°, we'll have most "hits" occur in both systems at the same time. This 1° outpacing occurs, on average, 1/3.377930845419683 of the way through the year, (29.604% of the way through the year), or about 108 days into the year. (I suppose this is like an ingress' "first 100 days in office.") For a Capsolar, our most worthwhile examples, then, will be those that (presuming a January 14 Capsolar) occur (on average) after the start of May.

I'll try to find time to do a concentrated look at this: PSSI Moon hits to ingress and transiting planets.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sat May 29, 2021 2:52 am

Jim wrote:
If there is anything to this technique, then those few days in mid-July should be somehow exceptionally positive for you. So we need more cases and to keep watching this.
Jim, with PSSR Moon approaching exact conjunction to my Natal Jupiter in early July, I am already feeling very positive effects from an alternative medicine I have been experimenting with alleviating my pain levels with my back injury, allowing more freedom of bodily motions. Without a doubt, concerns over pain with my back injury from over a year ago has been my main priority and life issue.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat May 29, 2021 9:00 am

Nice result :). Yes, I guess PSSR Moon warrants continued attention.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Mon May 31, 2021 5:25 am

Jim wrote:
Nice result :). Yes, I guess PSSR Moon warrants continued attention.
Since this PSSR Moon to my Natal Jupiter is a rarity in my life, I strongly feel it is firing off my main angular aspect with my Moon's Node. This has manifested for me very "fortunate contacts", the main one being Terence work, allowing me to implement very positive changes in my life. :D I hope its a lasting effect for the rest of my life.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:44 pm

Got up this morning at 3:45 AM and micro-dosed my new medicine. I drove my car 5 hours without any pain from my back injury. Got home and sat down in my office for an hour for some of my good music, felt like dancing. This is the first time in months I have been able to sit without excruciating back pain. Really feeling the joy/happiness of my PSSR Moon within partile 1 degree orb of my Natal Jupiter. :D

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:00 pm

Another example - less pleasant than the Moon-Jupiter-Uranus above:

I've been feeling the acute sensitivity, frailty, and emotional-physical-psychic vulnerability of Neptune's transit to my Moon. It was understandably stronger this week since it fell within 1° of my new SLR angles. I've taken a couple of days convalescing at home from the recent weeks of zig-zag and extreme schedulers (but back to the office tomorrow at 5 AM to set up for a 6 AM hearing).'

All of those feelings concentrated on today, with a couple of emotional eruptions. It made no good sense from the Neptune-Moon that there would be anything unusual about today in particular. However, PSSR Moon made an exact 0°00' contact to my SSR while under severe transits (that aren't even exact yet):

11°59' Can - SSR Asc (in LA)
11°59' Can - PSSR Moon
12°05' Cap - t Saturn

Of course, I didn't need that to show the eruptions. The pressure was also building in the SQ:

28°55' Sag - r Mars
29°06' Sag - SQ Dsc
29°19' Sag - t Pluto
0°25' Cap - SSR Saturn

A rare identifiable consequence of Pluto's transit to my Mars having an actual effect.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:11 am

"Forewarned is forearmed"--be careful.