JSAD Lunars

Q&A and discussion on Sidereal Lunar Returns.
Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

JSAD Lunars

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:34 pm

I have a lunar return coming up on Mar 15 2021 with transiting Saturn sitting on the Dsc (2:08). My 2019-20 Solar had Saturn sitting on my MC(1:58) and my instinct after that nasty year is to RUN!!
However, transiting Jupiter is sitting on my natal Dsc (0:10) ("natal" relocated to Green Meadows, NE which has recently been added to the gazetter and is closer to my home than Elkhorn) (Maybe I should call that local rather than natal)
There's a lot of other crap too - T Mars sq N Sun sq L AC , T Nep opp N Sat most of which is coming up in my next Solar (at end of August)

If I drove a couple hours east to Des Moines, IA, it'd move everything out of way too close, but that's Jupiter as well as Saturn.

So are transits to (relocated) natal angles good enough to counter transits to lunar angles?

And should I run?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: JSAD Lunar on Mar 15

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:29 am

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:34 pm
So are transits to (relocated) natal angles good enough to counter transits to lunar angles?
I don't know that "counter" is the right word but, yes, they are important. If nothing else, this is an important partile transit not only to your local Ascendant but to your natal Venus and Pluto.

I expect the strongest effect will be Jupiter to Venus and Jupiter to Pluto, with the slightly weaker foreground Saturn as kind of the lens through which that shines. (Saturn is 2°15' below Desc.)

Expect some Mars with this, too - your own Mars, which squares your SLR Asc. And in the "nice surprise" department, the somewhat widely angular Jupiter and Uranus in the SLR are in 0°21' mundane square, each about 7-8° off the angle.

But that Jupiter lineup is hard to ignore:

24°05' Can - r Venus
24°24' Can - r Pluto
24°43' Can - L Asc
24°53' Cap - t Jupiter

The Saturn part I'd be more worried about is that Saturn is also exactly contacting your local angles - I almost missed it. So you're getting Jupiter and Saturn side by side.

14°57' Cap - t Saturn
15°45' Ari - L MC
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:56 am

So if that were your upcoming SLR, would you stay for it or run to Des Moines?

I've really had enough. Losing my little cat was too much. I don't want to lose Emrys .

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:01 am

Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:56 am
So if that were your upcoming SLR, would you stay for it or run to Des Moines?

I've really had enough. Losing my little cat was too much. I don't want to lose Emrys .
The last few years, what I've seen is that - as in most other expressions in astrology - Moon is more adaptable and fluid when it comes to her returns. By this I mean that the solar return seems to lock in solidly, wherever it actually occurs, while lunar returns seem to flow easily between where they occur and where you move during the month - meaning, you get both locations.

This one is a complication I haven't examined like that before. It's not so much whether the SLR angles are Des Moines vs. Green Meadows, but what your nativity's local angles are at the time the SLR sets up. I don't have anything fact based to tell me whether your local nativity angles "lock in" for a month. I would suspect they do not, but I don't know.

What's your history with Des Moines? It would seem a hard city for you. Your local IC is 0°18' from your Mars, with your Venus-Pluto still foreground (Venus 3°, Pluto 6° from Asc). Something else I suspect is operative is that, since Uranus is within a degree of due east on the horizon (one can call this "mundanely on Antivertex"), that exactly angular Mars is in azimuth square to Uranus 1°31'. I would expect it to be a location for adventure but perhaps for accidents, i.e., somewhere that draws daring and inattentiveness out of you.

So... unless you have a specific positive reason for picking Des Moines, going there seems (at least slightly) stacking the deck against yourself a bit more.

I'm leaning toward saying "I'd stay home," though it's not a slam dunk. Des Moines seems (to state it too strongly) a dangerous place for you. Home is at least mixed.

Here is my main thinking: Wherever you are for this SLR, you will have transiting Jupiter opposite natal Venus-Pluto exactly. That won't change. In a sense, it's relative importance won't change because at home and in Des Moines, Jupiter and Saturn are equally angular, the orb being close to 0° (local natal angles) at home at and equally 5° (in the SLR) in Des Moines.

Now, if you have something really fun to do in Des Moines, then Jupiter opposite Venus-Pluto would be great for "have a fun get-away." I've used Jupiter to my own Venus-Pluto in the past, to great benefit. Jupiter-Venus is fabulous by itself while Jupiter-to-0Pluto always has the root idea of "gain from separation," which works really well for a "get-away." Especially if you have something in Des Moines to stretch and use the Mars side of your being, this could be a great occasion for the relief and renewal of such a trip.

Unless you have a way to use a lot of Mars intentionally, it's less obvious. (At the very least, have your AAA paid up, just in case.)

In terms of negative possibilities, there is a chance of loss. Not just Saturn... the Jupiter-Pluto always seems to be "gain from separation." Jupiter to Venus and Pluto, of course, could then be "great love mixed with separation." It's hard to see this as an ultimately negative event, because there is always some gain from whatever disentanglement results.

One more thing I want to check... I'll be right back.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:26 am

Glad I checked. More information...

Your SLR for Des Moines has natal Pluto almost exactly on Ascendant. Venus-Pluto looks farther away ecliptically (and Venus is four and a half degrees from Ascendant), but in the SLR natal Pluto is 1°08' below Asc, which makes it the central voice of the chart.

In Green Meadows (which I now have lodged as "Green Acres" in my head so I can remember it), natal Pluto is also angular but not AS angular. Here are the foreground planets (in the SLR framework) all in one place:

t Uranus on MC -7°51'
t Jupiter on Dsc -7°30'

r Venus on Asc -6°34'
r Mars sq. Asc -1°52'
r Pluto on Asc -3°16'
----------------------------
t Pluto on WP +0°08'
t Saturn on Dsc +2°15'
t Moon on MC +7°33'
r Moon on MC +9°31'

The Class 1 & 2 angularities are Saturn and Pluto plus natal Venus-Pluto and Mars, which sounds harsh, but the closest aspect is Jupiter opposite your Venus (both mundane and ecliptic aspect) and - sounding really good to me - transiting Jupiter and Uranus to natal Venus.

It's not clear to me that this changes what I would do. On final analysis, the only thing that makes me look at this and think, "I'd leave town" is a positive - that it's a pretty good chart for taking a vacation.

That said, I might as well tabulate the angularities for Des Moines also:

t Jupiter on Dsc -5°21'
t Uranus on MC -5°07'
r Venus on Asc -4°27'
r Pluto on Asc -1°08'
r Mars sq. Asc -0°14'

------------------------
t Saturn on Dsc +4°14'
t Pluto on WP +2°40'

So... transiting Pluto on one vs. natal Pluto on the other. The other aspects and angularities are wider. And then there is the natal Mars factor, exactly angular in your natal AND your SLR for Des Moines.

To answer your question, I'd stay home and look at what positive separations (physical and conceptual) I'd clear out and how much fun I could have UNLESS you have unequivocally Mars stuff you want to have fun doing near Des Moines.

PS - You may want a second opinion. Your SLR occurs the exact day Saturn squares my Saturn. This isn't usually a bad thing for me but it does create occasions for me to reassess my course and grade myself on how I've done in the recent past and what I want to change going forward. Ethically, I need to second guess myself on what I'm writing here about that date for you.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:59 am

Not an easy, black or white, kind of call.

I’d say: choose the option that you see you can best create the conscious channels for the angular planets combos, focusing on the tightest factors (by orb).

Personal opinion: Des Moines looks less harsh, with the tr Ju-Ur closer, and Sa further from angles (going off Jim’s listing, can’t use the device with Solar Fire for the time being).

P.S. re Lunar return angles being sensitive to relocation - my experience doesn’t show this; it seems to be just like with the SSR, the angularities of where it sets are present as the theme throughout the chart’s life (while the travel/relocated ones haven’t been showing operative at all!).
Amate Se Mutuo Cum Corda Ardentia

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:29 pm

Just to add more to the location discussion, with a set of charts I have sitting around as examples...

JFK assassination SLR for Washington has Jupiter-Pluto opposition across horizon. When he went to Dallas, it famously put Mars square Uranus-Pluto on angles.

John Lennon's wedding SLR for when he got to Gibraltar had the telltale Jupiter rising plus his Venus exactly square MC (06'). Yoko's had her Sun on Descendant. Neither chart set up in Gibraltar.

Lee Harvey Oswald's SLR set up before he got to Dallas (I think he was in Florida IIRC). For the place where he committed murder and then was murdered, it had Pluto at MC and a Venus-Mars conjunction on EP.

Bobby Riggs travelled to where he had Saturn on his (already setup) SLR Descendant paran Uranus on its MC to play against Billie Jean King. Meanwhile, she travelled to play that same match from a place where, weeks earlier, her SLR occurred at a time that put Sun setting paran her Mars on IC. Her Demi-SLR for the same location had Sun rising square her Mars exactly on MC.

My future wife's and my relationship got kicked into high gear when I'd had an SLR 3,000 miles away with Venus on IC (among other things). However, it's not as clear because, while there, I had a Demi-SLR with natal Venus rising (though the effect started sinking in after I returned home to the same demi having Venus-Jupiter conjunct my Sun on an angle).

Just some examples :)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:45 pm

Thank you for sharing. These examples do seem worthy of taking heed - I’ll continue watching.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:11 pm

Thanks for helping, guys, and for the expanded discussion. Relocating returns is a big interest of mine.

Dani, you're right, this isn't an easy decision.
Jim, I call it Green Acres in my head too. Thanks for the examples and thanks a lot for the charts.

The day after the SLR sets up I'm getting my second Covid shot. I also have T Neptune conj N Saturn within 1° starting the day before the SLR, through June. (Plumbing problems.)

I am hoping to put the upcoming stimulus money into doing some repairs. There is a concern getting my ex to sign off this house without trying to get (more) money. I'm not putting any money in here till he signs off. Right now the market for the price-point for this house is hot. People are begging for leads on social media and paying well over asking. I would go back to NY, although I hate to move my tenant out. If I get enough out of this house I have a list of things to put the money in starting with a replacement for my 27 year old car and ending with buying another rental house for income.

Des Moines is simply a 2 hour drive east of here, which moves the ASC-Dsc axis forward about 2° and moves the MC-IC about 3°. Grand Island is 2 hours west. It's just a convenient reference for gauging how far and which way to go to move the angles in a chart.

I think I'll be staying home for the SLR. Looks like a good time to start digging out from under 30 years of (mostly his) junk.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

JSAD Lunar on June 5th.

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sun May 09, 2021 5:58 pm

I have a lunar coming up on June 5th. In Green Meadows, NE, it occurs at 10:28 AM, putting Lunar Saturn 16' off partile conjunct the lunar Dsc while it's 34' off square Natal Mars, which is 50' off the Lunar Asc. Natal Mars is, as always, 3°from conjunct the relocated natal IC. Oh, and T Neptune is opposing N Saturn 1°22.

I also have a very elderly car, so any relocation (worth making) needs to be by public transport, and would require an overnight stay at a motel, although funds are limited.

From what Jim said above, he hasn't found relocating for lunars helpful, but this really looks like it's not going to be any fun at all.

Has anybody got any suggestions for mitigating this?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: JSAD Lunars

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun May 09, 2021 6:46 pm

Let's start with: Don't break anything. Don't strain anything. Be careful of all blades and wrenches. Take a baby aspirin every morning. With Uranus square Saturn on angles, plan a LOT of house cleaning but don't move anything heavy.

That said, I'll also look at charts for you.

PS - When I said relocating for lunars wasn't worth it, what I really said was that I think it slides along with you to a new location - so you get the setup at home, too. But you do get the setup where it occurs so, if there's a way to put an alleviating influence equally close to an angle, it would be worthwhile.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun May 09, 2021 6:53 pm

First, what does the chart at home show?

r Venus on Asc -5°34'
r Pluto on Asc -2°15'
r Mars on N -0°42'
t Saturn on Dsc -0°02'
----------------------------
t Uranus sq. Asc +0°24'

t Pluto on WP-a +1°16'
t Mars on EP-a +1°25'
t Moon on MC +9°06'

t Mars-Pluto op. 0°01' mundo
r Venus-Pluto conj. 0°19'
t Saturn sq. r Mars 0°34'
t Saturn-Uranus sq. 0°43'

t Uranus op. r Mars 1°16'
t Saturn op. r Pluto 2°13' mundo

You do get a small break because it's your Jupiter return: Jupiter on your Jupiter 0°58', though not foreground.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun May 09, 2021 7:08 pm

If we had all the places in the world to pick from, the easy choice is to put the partile conjunction of the two Jupiters on an angle. Can we do this? Not easily. They set together through New England.

Stay away from the longitude of (just east of) the western border of Kansas. The 0°01' Mars-Pluto opposition squares MC there. (You have it on EP at home, you don't want to double it up.) Similarly, Vegas is on the Mars-Pluto setting together line (SW Az curving up to Portland through Vegas). Meanwhile, the NE corner, just west of Kansas City, is where the Saturn setting line passes.

I don't know how far you can travel. Other than the Connecticut-to-Vermont stretch with two Jupiters, SAN FRANCISCO has transiting Venus exactly square MC. (So does Portland, but Mars-Pluto slices through there exactly. If we were all young, Venus-Mars-Pluto all 0° from angles and mutual aspect would be worth recommending, but... well, I could make jokes about being careful of breaking something, but the jokes probably wouldn't entertain you.

San Francisco has clear promise. Venus exactly angular, your Moon square Asc. You get Mars-Pluto but it's over 5° from the angles so it's much weaker than the Venus.

San Francisco still has Venus a quarter degree from the angle. Sonoma is even better: For Santa Rosa, the orb is 0°02'. It's probably less than 01' at DeLoach Estate Winery on the west side of Santa Rosa.

Or Harford, CT.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sun May 09, 2021 9:13 pm

Thanks Jim.

Sadly, all those change location options are out of range. I was thinking more of spending under $200 to rent a car, drive to Davenport, IA or North Platte, NE, and spend the night, leaving for home after the lunar sets up around 10:30 AM.

Looks like Davenport would be a better choice. I need to go far enough to get Saturn and his buddies enough off the angles to make it worth the trip, but that's not easy.

I'm already planning lots and lots of cleaning and some home repairs. I have dental surgery coming up on May 19th, so I will have supplies of pain killers, but I will keep my phone on me in case of heart problems. I will NOT be getting on the roof. I will be careful mixing cleaners. If I get frustrated I will not try to force things. (That's probably not dealing with reality, but I will write it on the back of my hand every morning.)

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon May 10, 2021 8:01 am

Sun May 09, 2021 9:13 pm
I was thinking more of... Davenport, IA or North Platte, NE
Davenport does displace all the concerning planets a lot. For one thing, it gets Mars-Pluto entirely off angles and even into the background. Saturn is over 4° from Descendant, which is still close enough to be felt but not as "a big thing." Natal Mars remains foreground (6° off IC) but no longer partile on Nadir.

Furthermore (and perhaps best of all), natal Venus is the closest planet to an angle: It's 1°11' below Asc, making this a great spot. (I wish we had an easier way to pull up astromap lines from one chart inside the angles of another - it would make finding natal planets on angles so much easier). Natal Pluto is 2°02' above Ascendant.

North Platte displaces Saturn roughly as much, but has Mars-Pluto closely square MC. That wouldn't be a lot of relief, especially because Moon closer to an angle means you would feel the SLR more acutely.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Mon May 10, 2021 8:56 am

I looked at Peoria, IL, an hour east of Davenport and don't see any advantage to going there.
Hey,I can get an AARP discount on a room and maybe on the car rental.

Thanks again, Jim. Since last year with Saturn partile angular in my Solar, I've been really spooked about it being close to an angle, and this is partile. Still somewhat spooked, but I will feel better if I have managed to do everything I can to mitigate it.

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Mon May 10, 2021 6:24 pm

I think this particular angular combo at home location is conducive for:
Pick your *this has been super-hard and challenging for me to face and do* thing, that fits into the *disciplining/structuring/cleaning/reorganizing* some thing or another related to natal Mars - and get practically onto Doing it.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sat May 22, 2021 1:25 pm

Found out something interesting Tuesday (May 18, 2021 about 12:30 PM). I had decided I need to have my doctor test my thyroid levels when I renew my meds because I am groggy and fall asleep every time I sit down and my eyebrows are disappearing and other such signs of hypo-thyroid.

I got a letter from my pharmacy saying the thyroid meds I have been on are being recalled because they don't contain the amount of hormone they claim to.

I got onto this med because the med I was on before was recalled because they didn't contain the amount of hormone they claimed to. Different manufacturer. Same stupid problem. There are two kinds of thyroid meds. Dessicated hormone and chemical. I've been on the dessicated hormone for over a decade now, but there are problems with all three brands, sometimes you simply can't get one or more of them, and I'm done. I'm going back to the chemicals. At least they're available, always the same, and covered by all insurance programs. I am really sick and tired of being sick and tired.

It'll take about 6 weeks for the new med to bring my levels up to where they should be. That'll be right around my July lunar. So maybe that's part of the Saturn influence?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat May 22, 2021 2:00 pm

I'm glad you found this out. Damn, I thought we had better quality control on pharmaceuticals.

Thyroid issue: I suppose this is your 19' Venus-Pluto conjunction. Usually background aspects express as health vulnerabilities but you don't have any close background hard aspects. Venus corresponds to hormone system in general and some astrologers - those who relate the throat to Taurus - relate her specifically to thyroid.

Current SLR: Neptune rising opposite your Saturn. (Not closely angular, but foreground.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sat May 22, 2021 3:10 pm

Isn't the Venus Pluto conj background in my birthchart (West Elmira, NY)

I think Saturn Neptune is also causing the ceiling in the laundry room to leak every time I take a shower. Gotta find some money somewhere.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat May 22, 2021 4:14 pm

Sat May 22, 2021 3:10 pm
Isn't the Venus Pluto conj background in my birthchart (West Elmira, NY)
I guess it's farther from the angle than I remembered. I thought it was on Eastpoint, but I see I remembered wrong.
I think Saturn Neptune is also causing the ceiling in the laundry room to leak every time I take a shower. Gotta find some money somewhere.
Saturn-Neptune; When Watergate first hit, besides the Neptune+Saturn pun of Water+Gate, I started noticing that "water + lead" seemed to tie in with every plumbing problem I came across.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:26 pm

I got an Uber to take me to the car rental place, which was 20 minutes early. I wasn't done putting out cat food and water. I picked up a the rental car at 5PM Friday, drove home, got the rest of the stuff done, and left for Davenport at 6:15.

I got off the Interstate in Grinnell because I needed food and gas and ended up calling roadside assistance to find out how to put gas in the car (Couldn't get the fuel door open) and the car would only take three gallons. I also needed to know how to turn on the lights, and turn down the AC. I'd been controlling it by turning it on and off.
Went to get food, and the place closed literally in my face. OK. Was nearly killed getting back on the Interstate because truckers are crazy and don't observe lanes in construction zones. I got to IA 61 and turned south at about 11:15 PM. Decided after about 10 minutes this wasn't looking right.
Stopped at a gas station that promptly shut down, but there were a couple of cars finishing up fueling. Asked one for help, and he looked up where I was going and sent me copies of his GPS screen. Turned around, got back to Interstate, drove another 6 miles to the other Rt 61, and got to my motel about Midnight. Ordered a pizza, which was terrible, tossed it, and went to bed.

The lunar began at 10:35AM so I started home at 11AM, tried to get gas but the gas pump wouldn't take my card, went across the street and according to the pump, put 11 gallons in, but the electronic gas gauge didn't agree. I got on the Interstate and about noon, when the gas gauge was bleating about being about to run out, got off in Williamsburg, and went to a Subway, ordered food, dialed roadside assistance (only thing open on a Saturday) and waited on hold till 12:35PM when someone answered.
She was unhelpful. She wouldn't look up the owner's manual. She insisted on calling a tow truck which would drag the car to Cedar Rapids Airport (the wrong direction). I said no, I'm just going to try to get the car to take more gas and get back on the road.
This time the car took another 11 gallons, and the gas gauge reset and was nearly full. So I got back on the road, and pushed it, and finally got back to the rental place at 5 PM on the nose.

I dropped the keys in the drop box (they close at noon on Saturday) and called an Uber, which took a half hour to get there, and got home about 5:45 to one small meow and spent the rest of the evening ignored as punishment for having abrogated my duties as servant for 24 hours. I saw I'd gotten a message from the tow truck driver at 2:30PM saying he was 20 minutes away, and then another about 3PM saying he guessed the tow had been cancelled, but nobody let him know.
It took till yesterday till the rental place took the excess $200 hold off my card.

Was it worth the trip? Gee I hope so.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:54 pm

With honest sympathy to you... this is nonetheless hysterical as well.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:06 pm

Next Lunar will be at 5:15PM on July 2, 2021.
Transiting MC is 12Leo00
Natal Sun is 13Leo23

Local MC is 15Ari45
Transiting Saturn is 17Cap14
Transiting Mars is 18Can10
Transiting Uranus is 18Ari50
Natal Mars is at 18Lib54.

However,
Natal Jupiter 7Aqu46
Transiting Jupiter 6Aqu54
Jupiter is in retrograde and never gets to an exact conjunction, so is this a "Jupiter Return?"
I don't really believe in Jupiter Returns as a chart that describes the next 12 years. I see Solars as pretty solid, and Lunars as mostly solid, but Jupiter, Saturn, Mars, Venus... Are these returns in the same mold? Or just conjunctions? Or signposts around a mundane framework (i.e. the angles)? Or something else?

Whatever, I have Jupiter conj Jupiter this lunar, 5 and 6° from the transiting IC at 12Aqu00.
And if I spend another $250 (at most) I can make this happen in or around North Platte, NE where I will have
Transiting MC 25Lib14
Transiting AC 7Leo06
Since the return occurs at 5:15PM, I should be able to find a restaurant a bit east.

$250 is a lot of money for me right now, and I may want to experience my Solar someplace in Illinois this year.
Is it worth it for a Lunar?
Is it worth it for a Jupiter return, if this actually is one? TJupiter never gets to conj before going retrograde.
Is it worth it for both?

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:26 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:54 pm
With honest sympathy to you... this is nonetheless hysterical as well.
Yeah. At the time there was more stoic acceptance but it's starting to be funny. It just kept repeating. (So did my sandwich.)

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:14 am

It appears to me for this rental car trip you got all the negative manifestations of your June 5th Omaha SLR. I show Saturn partile conjunct DSC partile 90 SLR Uranus which is an "outstanding incident" SLR. Saturn-Uranus is an "Irritability and inhibition, tension" aspect. Plus, you had SLR Saturn partile 90 your Natal Mars on the SLR's Zenith-Nadir axis. It makes me wonder what would have happened if you had stayed at home for this SLR?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:10 am

Exactly, Steve. And - something I was worried about as much as the Saturn-to-Mars - is the 07' Mars-Pluto opposition on EP-WP for her home.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:07 pm

So today at 4:50PM June 11, 2021 something that does not comport with Saturn on an angle happened.

My ex is supposed to pay my insurance, but last month he didn't. He bounced a check instead. I got a notice my insurance had been cancelled about 4PM May 26th, 2021, and I still owed money for the bounced check. So I paid the whole thing, at considerable strain to my budget.

Today I got a check for the whole thing (over $300) from the insurance company. I called to make sure this was a return of the money I paid and not a cancellation of the policy (which I would not be surprised if my ex or his fat girlfriend were to do.)

I am going to get the plumbing fixed. The drains don't, the kitchen faucet leaks into the cabinet below and the tub faucet has a fast drip. Should take all of it and maybe more, but it'll be worth it. If there's any left, I will get a handyman to caulk around the skylight and cut back a menacing branch that's scraping the roof.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:16 pm

Nice :)

Since Sun squares your natal Saturn today, that's particularly surprising. Jupiter is within 45' of your Jupiter, so it's no totally out of bounds.

But... why today for the good stuff? Your SNQ has transiting Uranus-Saturn (to natal Mars) atop angles. Your SQ has Pluto atop SSR Saturn on MC. Your PSSR has SSR Saturn on Dsc. If we place stock in these quotidians, this should have been one of the worst days ever.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:01 pm

The day's not over. Could it be my birth time is a bit off?

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:11 pm

Take a look at my progressions for my birth place. Jupiter applying to MC 50°.

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:10 am

Jim wrote:
Jupiter is within 45' of your Jupiter, so it's no totally out of bounds.
Yes.

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:29 am

I was so worried for you. I'm so happy to read all this.

You were so smart to get outta town and give the unfolding a different way to manifest then a personal health crisis.

Do you know who are really great helpers with water issues? Firemen. Unless you are on your own well.
You can call them and tell them that you need help turning the water off and stopping it flooding your house.
They will come. And if they can't do anything about your leak it is pretty much a sure bet that they know of legit honest contractors they can refer you too so you dont get taken advantage of.

Thank you for the update, I was pulling for you and concerned.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:58 pm

I chose not to attempt to go anywhere for this lunar, or for this Jupiter return. I haven't yet been able to get a plumber to come out, and I wanted to save that money for the plumbing.

Then of course, the skylight started leaking. Nobody available to fix that either.

So my lunar began at 5:14:54 PM according to Solar Fire. My brother called at 5:15 PM. Our oldest cousin died. My brother had emailed me about it last week, but I didn't see it. It was caught in a spam filter. We chatted a bit, bored each other and hung up.

I got the mail caught in the spam filter out, went to move it into folders and it disappeared. Um...
My brother sent another copy of the obit to another address when we got off the phone, so I did get that. Everything else is lost.

So I made dinner. And broke another tooth off at the root eating it.

I broke two Corelle dishes and a mug I like a lot while washing dishes.

I would go to bed but my neighbors are all shooting off fireworks.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:41 pm

Sympathy regarding your cousin.

Dang, you're breaking stuff. The SLR's not bad with Jupiter, still partile conjunct natal Jupiter, foreground plus your Sun at Midheaven.

Not sure why you're breaking so many things. Your Mars isn't really that close to an angle but, oh, I forgot about the transits to your Mars by Mars, Saturn, and Uranus (sympathy for that, too). Yikes, enough breaking there even without the SLR.

I have to conclude that the mild double-Jupiter saved you from worse, but, dang!
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:48 pm

None of it would have broken except the mug if I was washing dishes in the kitchen. But I was washing them in the cement floored laundry room, and I have to carry stuff up and down the stairs, and I seem to be carrying them precariously. I think I need to take more time and carry down two stacks instead of all-at-once-let's-get-this-over-with.

The mug fell off the shelf while I was putting it away.

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:52 pm

Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:58 pm

I broke two Corelle dishes and a mug I like a lot while washing dishes.
Good. Energy released , some long standing forms shaken to break, but your own body - aside from the tooth - in wholesome condition 😊

Macedonians have a saying, btw, when a dish falls and breaks, that it’s a good-luck omen, chasing away the household fight.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:38 am

Thanks Dani. I like that.
Nobody here to fight with but the cat, and that's not happening. But I am fighting with the house - the skylight and the plumbing, and the bushes that keep growing up. So maybe that's it.

Yesterday I cut up a bunch of brush to put out for pickup today (it goes to composing if you bundle it up right) and although I was covered with bug spray, I found a tick crawling in my hair after I got done. I usually put bugs back outside, spiders and moths and such, but apparently I unthinkingly beat ticks to death.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:14 am

Just so everybody can understand the impact of the Mars-Saturn-Uranus T-square this weekend at 18-19° Cancer-Capricorn-Aries:

17°04' Aries - Sotonye's Sun
17°10' Aries - Teresa Hamilton's Jupiter
17°18' Capricorn - a recently expelled person's Asc
17°20' Libra - my Mercury
17°22' Aries - Danica's local MC
17°26' Libra - Venus Daily's Saturn
17°44' Aries - Teresa Hamilton's Saturn
17°47' Libra - LeiLei's Mars
18°08' Capricorn - The Scales Both Ways' Uranus
18°13' Aries - Danica's Mars
18°24' Cancer - By Jove's Jupiter
18°54' Libra - Jupiter Sets at Dawn's Mars
18°57' Libra - Freya's Mars
18°57' Aries - StarAgeWiz's Moon

There are also a few on either side, not quite in partile orb: Arena's Sun, Alinda's Sun and her husband's Mars-MC, Steve's Pluto, James Condor's Saturn, Benji's Venus, Scales' Saturn, Soft Alpaca's Uranus are a degree or two outside the concentration area but (if nothing else) getting the Mars passage last week or next, and the Saturn-Uranus transits at different parts of this year.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:34 am

I don't know if this comes under lunars or what.
Last night a storm came through at 12:30PM thru 1:30 PM July 10, 2021 at Elkhorn/Green Meadows/Omaha.
No tornado. "Just high winds". It took down huge branches in my back yard, including two trunks off a multi-trunk maple creating a "widow maker" meaning the trunks are leaning on other trees, putting them under stress, which when removed, will cause them to snap back. The trunks are also leaning at angles, so trying to cut them from the bottom will cause them to snap out and try to take off someone's head.

The entire front yard and driveway are full of limbs broken off a cottonwood, which is now nicely pruned except for the one branch I needed down because it's scraping the roof.

To top it off, my neighbor's girl friend has parked exactly in front of my driveway on the other side of the street, so I have to back and forth to get around her, but I can't because of the tree limbs. I need to get out so I can load up the tree limbs and take them to the drop off site which is only open three hours today and five tomorrow.

I asked her to move her car when she parked it but she said she had to ask my neighbor if it was ok to park in his driveway. Um lady there's a city ordinance that says you are not allowed to block other people's driveways. I don't want to call the police, but they just came out, Climbed into his Big Ol Truck and when i stopped him to ask if they could move her car up or down the street just ten feet he drove off without even answering me. So I called and reported being blocked in.

Some people are just jerks. I know my neighbor is one. Nice he found his match. I guess.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:43 am

It seems that Uranus opposite your Mars is being infinitely creative and original.

I expected a Saturn on a quotidian angle just for a day of minor (i.e., not threatening to life or serious conditions) stuff going wrong, barriers, and frustrations. PSSR WP crossed transiting Saturn for you today.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

TheScales_BothWays
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by TheScales_BothWays » Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:39 pm

That "widow maker" sounds quite dangerous, JSAD. Hopefully the trunks will get removed as safely as possible.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:50 pm

The Widow Maker is very dangerous. I think it's going to require a professional with his own insurance. I enjoy playing lumberjack (my grandfather worked his way through college as one) but I am not stupid enough to try to DIY that.