Outstanding incident for Wife

Q&A and discussion on Transits.
Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Not astrologically relevent...

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:19 am

I have a friend who had a valve repair done by one of the top surgeons in the country in an experimental surgery at Duke University Hospital several years ago. (Worked) The surgeon gave him insulin and kept him on a ketogenic diet for almost a week while he was in the hospital. No bread, no sugar, no fruit, no carbs. No ice cream or cake. Apparently this is quite common. ( https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... vXWAseGXto )
You and your friend might want to look into diets like Keto that tightly control blood sugar levels and discuss that with your cardiologist and maybe a nutritionist to get your started.

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Re: Outstanding incident for Wife

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:28 am

Cool :)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:41 am

He got off his behind and lost 50 lbs last year and was surprised he no longer needs blood pressure meds and his BP is normal without them.

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:45 am

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:41 am
He got off his behind and lost 50 lbs last year and was surprised he no longer needs blood pressure meds and his BP is normal without them.
If one is overweight and on keto, one doesn't really have to work at losing weight. I was about 10+ pounds up from what I thought was a good spot, and I quickly dropped almost 25, and have hovered for months in a 5# range about 20# below where I was last July.

The body just stops storing up fat, and is willing to burn the "reserve food" stores the body is already carrying. As with hCG diets (which use a hormone to force similar conditions to eating keto), the structural and protective fat is not tapped first - rather, it's the reserve stores.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by SteveS » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:50 am

My friend is 196 and is going on Keto to try and reverse cardio problems similar to Jim's past problems. Wants to get back to his college wt of 170. Will update so we can monitor the results of Keto. Thanks 🙏 for the feedback.