Jimmy Essex murders

Analyses of distinct mundane events, using the methods of Sidereal mundane astrology
Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Jimmy Essex murders

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:42 pm

I'm not going to do a full workup on this, but I want to post a couple of short remarks.

In the May 1973 issue of American Astrology, a reader asked, "What planetary forces were in effect that prompted the violence that took place over two days here in New Orleans, commencing January 7, 1973, at or about 10:35 AM?," which particular question about the effect of the January 4 eclipse.

Bradley, as "Many Things" editor, responded with a few remarks on the (untimed) chart of Mark (Jimmy) Essex, both August 12, 1949, in Emporia, KS with an exact Mars-Neptune square and a close Mercury-Saturn conjunction. (Hey, waitaminute, that's my chart! <g>) The solar eclipse fell on his Mars-Neptune aspect, and transiting Mars-Neptune set off his Mercury-Saturn. He finally broke under the pressure of long-term racial mistreatment and struck out, killing nine people including 5 policemen (and wounded 13 others) on December 31, 1972 and January 7, 1973. The primary focus was the second date.

The actual time of the first shooting on January 7 was 10:15 AM, not 10:35 (not that it matters for the current investigation). I found the Sidereal ingresses interesting but not staggering until I got to the two primary quotidians:

11°05' Sco t Mars
11°28' Sco CanQ Dsc
11°47' Sco CapQ Asc
12°05' Sco t Neptune

At noon of the day Essex was born, we find:
11°53' Leo Mercury
12°57' Leo Saturn
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Re: Jimmy Essex murders

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:50 pm

BTW, though we don't have a birth time, Essex' prior lunar return occurred December 14, 1972 with transiting Mars partile square his Sun, transiting Neptune partile square his Mercury, and - strange-seeming at first - transiting Jupiter exactly opposite his Mars and square his Neptune. (I suspect the latter was a trigger of confidence, but I doubt it was angular in the SLR). His Demi-SLR occurred December 27, a few days before the first shooting, but has no such aspects. If he was born anywhere near noon, he also had Pluto aspecting his Moon.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com