Relationship?

Feel free to post your full birthdata. We'll attach a natal chart for you. Discuss your own chart, tell us what you've learned from it, ask questions, etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
By Jove
Constellation Member
Constellation Member
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 5:10 pm

Relationship?

Post by By Jove » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:15 am

I have recently been going out with a girl I met at a dating website. I will call her Su***. She was born in China to a father who owns a real estate firm. She has traveled to many places in Europe and the United States to complete an education. She just graduated school this spring and looking for a job.

How would I describe Su***? She takes a lot of initiative and is very generous, which I have not seen before on a date. She seems to really like me and is approachable. Her English is a little broken in cadence but the grammar is perfect. My only "problem"? She's not my "type"; she doesn't have "geek" or "goth" tastes, and she is more practical than other girls I've dated. This makes her a bit "boring". (Notice all the quotation marks, meaning I'm not sure how valid this concern is.)

Her chart:
December 3, 1990
exact time unknown
Beijing, China

My chart:
December 18, 1990
3:57 pm
New York City, New York

Her chart:
Scorpio Sun, Taurus Moon, Taurus Mars
Sun trine Jupiter
Moon square Saturn
Moon opposes Venus
Venus semisextile Pluto
Saturn sextile Pluto
(I do not know her ASC or MC.)

Our synastry:
We have many planets conjunct each other:
Mercury conjunct
Jupiter conjunct
Saturn conjunct
Outer planets conjunct (though that does not matter as much)

Angularities I do know:
Her Moon on my ASC
Her Venus on my DSC

Seems like a fruitful and harmonious relationship, though all the conjunct planets may give some tensions. Anyone have any insights?

Synastry Chart
Last edited by By Jove on Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Posts: 6154
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 12:40 pm

Re: Relationship?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:45 am

Her Venus on your Descendant is nice! (Her full birth data would give us more to work with.)

After thinking about what you said and your questions, here's what settled into my mind:

If you want more or less the same type and quality of relationship you've had in the past, you should stick with the type of woman you have picked in the past.

If you want a different kind of relationship than you've had in the past, you probably should consider a different type of person.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

User avatar
Danica
Irish
Irish
Posts: 2190
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 10:19 pm

Re: Relationship?

Post by Danica » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:16 am

Her Moon is in Taurus or Gemini, depending on the time of birth, and I suspect it's opposing your Sun. It would be useful to get her exact data, so we can look at the full chart.
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

User avatar
By Jove
Constellation Member
Constellation Member
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Relationship?

Post by By Jove » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:32 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:45 am
Her Venus on your Descendant is nice! (Her full birth data would give us more to work with.)

After thinking about what you said and your questions, here's what settled into my mind:

If you want more or less the same type and quality of relationship you've had in the past, you should stick with the type of woman you have picked in the past.

If you want a different kind of relationship than you've had in the past, you probably should consider a different type of person.
Do you think she is similar to other women I've been with in the past or is she different?

User avatar
By Jove
Constellation Member
Constellation Member
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Relationship?

Post by By Jove » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:32 pm

Danica wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:16 am
Her Moon is in Taurus or Gemini, depending on the time of birth, and I suspect it's opposing your Sun. It would be useful to get her exact data, so we can look at the full chart.
I would too. But how do I go about getting that information without looking awkward or creepy?

SteveS
Synetic Member
Synetic Member
Posts: 1449
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 5:11 am

Re: Relationship?

Post by SteveS » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:35 pm

Jove,tell her you belong to an astrology forum and you would like the host to do a synastry chart for you & her. :)

User avatar
Danica
Irish
Irish
Posts: 2190
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 10:19 pm

Re: Relationship?

Post by Danica » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:09 pm

By Jove wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:32 pm
Danica wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:16 am
Her Moon is in Taurus or Gemini, depending on the time of birth, and I suspect it's opposing your Sun. It would be useful to get her exact data, so we can look at the full chart.
I would too. But how do I go about getting that information without looking awkward or creepy?
My position on this is: if they think me asking about their birth data is creepy, it's more than enough info for me to not consider them as a potential romantic partner.
But I do understand your position.
Maybe start a talk about astrology, communicate with her your interest and study of it, etc.
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

User avatar
By Jove
Constellation Member
Constellation Member
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Relationship?

Post by By Jove » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:24 pm

Danica wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:09 pm
By Jove wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:32 pm
Danica wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:16 am
Her Moon is in Taurus or Gemini, depending on the time of birth, and I suspect it's opposing your Sun. It would be useful to get her exact data, so we can look at the full chart.
I would too. But how do I go about getting that information without looking awkward or creepy?
My position on this is: if they think me asking about their birth data is creepy, it's more than enough info for me to not consider them as a potential romantic partner.
But I do understand your position.
Maybe start a talk about astrology, communicate with her your interest and study of it, etc.
For some reason, I believe that if someone I dated a few times asked me for the exact time I was born, I would be weirded out. Maybe I am being too paranoid, but even if I dated a woman a few times and even if I kissed her on the lips - I did both with Su*** - I would still consider that person a stranger.

User avatar
Lance
Constellation Member
Constellation Member
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 10:49 am

Re: Relationship?

Post by Lance » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:07 pm

Astrology is a huge interest of yours. It’ll come up.

She may be interested.

No rush.

User avatar
Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish
Posts: 2099
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: Relationship?

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:17 pm

By Jove wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:24 pm
For some reason, I believe that if someone I dated a few times asked me for the exact time I was born, I would be weirded out. Maybe I am being too paranoid, but even if I dated a woman a few times and even if I kissed her on the lips - I did both with Su*** - I would still consider that person a stranger.
Well, not a stranger, exactly, but barely past the acquaintance stage. I think people responding otherwise maybe missed the "?" at the end of the title of this thread. This isn't yet a relationship.

I think your instinct here is good. Just wait. Does she even know you're interested in astrology yet? Just wait. It'll come.

User avatar
Danica
Irish
Irish
Posts: 2190
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 10:19 pm

Re: Relationship?

Post by Danica » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:56 pm

[Not intent on giving advice, just thinking outloud]

Imagine living in a society where the birth data is considered as something that is normal to openly share, a fact of nature that is a public good, so to say; and where anyone can access anyone else's time of birth, in the same way as you'd inquire about the name of a person.

Imagine what effect could this kind of approach have on the development of astrology, and human knowledge of own self and the Universe.
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

User avatar
Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Posts: 6154
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 12:40 pm

Re: Relationship?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:59 pm

Brava. Agreed.

PS D, I found the HW book and have it set aside for you.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

User avatar
Danica
Irish
Irish
Posts: 2190
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 10:19 pm

Re: Relationship?

Post by Danica » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:02 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:59 pm
I found the HW book and have it set aside for you.
:D
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

User avatar
By Jove
Constellation Member
Constellation Member
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Relationship?

Post by By Jove » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:10 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:59 pm
Brava. Agreed.

PS D, I found the HW book and have it set aside for you.
I agree. Too bad we live in a different world. :(

Would you say this relationship is similar to those I've had with the past or will it be different?

User avatar
Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Posts: 6154
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 12:40 pm

Re: Relationship?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:01 pm

You've already said the person is quite different. How do you feel the relationship itself is?
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

User avatar
By Jove
Constellation Member
Constellation Member
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Relationship?

Post by By Jove » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:22 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:01 pm
You've already said the person is quite different. How do you feel the relationship itself is?
Regarding the relationship? Well, I have fantasized of having a loving relationship with a girl of "my type". Rarely have I ever met a girl of "my type". Most of them are unavailable, either by distance or trouble connecting on my part. Su*** is far from "my type" but we click very easily. She makes her interest known in direct ways while other girls are less direct.

Another dynamic is important. Su*** comes from half the world away, literally and figuratively. She traveled from China to America and got a degree, now she joins her relatives to expand the business. So her values are probably different: family comes first, the family business is a top priority, you don't do things for yourself but for the family's interest. So she's clearly more pragmatic than the "geek" and "goth" girls of my dreams.

But this "foreign-ness" seems to strongly work in my favor. I often get along with people whose histories and backgrounds are very different from mine. She makes me feel accepted and secure. How do you make sense of this information, astrologically or otherwise?

User avatar
Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Posts: 6154
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 12:40 pm

Re: Relationship?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:51 am

Since you haven't given her birth data anywhere in thus thread (and the linked charts had expired before I ever saw them), it's impossible to make any astrological assessment at all.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

User avatar
By Jove
Constellation Member
Constellation Member
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Relationship?

Post by By Jove » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:17 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:51 am
Since you haven't given her birth data anywhere in thus thread (and the linked charts had expired before I ever saw them), it's impossible to make any astrological assessment at all.
I fixed it. Info is in the original post.

User avatar
Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Posts: 6154
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 12:40 pm

Re: Relationship?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:49 am

Thanks. Let's take a look...

As someone pointed out earlier on the thread, it's not clear whether her Moon is in Taurus or Gemini. Gemini is probably the better guess, but it's only a guess: In trying to filter her individual traits in your description from cultural characteristics, it seems Gemini traits stand out more - and you probably engage on an intellectual level, I'm guessing. Also, as was mentioned, that would put her Moon opposite some of your Sagittarius. Even the sign opposition - somewhere in Gemini luminary with somewhere in Sagittarius luminary - would be a strong connection.

But it's still just a guess.

On a quick look between the charts (but, unfortunately, ignoring anything about her Moon), the real stand-out is one you mentioned: Her Venus is quite close to your Descendant. With nly 9 days separating your births, a lot of other things are in the same place, including everything from Jupiter out. Even your Marses are only 4° apart, so there will surely be a strong Mars dynamic between you (and she's a Scorpio anyway). This could be sexual, it could be finding something to compete about (ideas, games, whatever), etc.

That's really it. On first impression, with what we know, it looks like a pretty good basis for compatible relating. You might want to play up common intellectual interests as a way to have something to communicate about,
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests