My SLR

Q&A and discussion on Sidereal Lunar Returns.
Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Re: My SLR

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:35 am

That's infuriating. Want me to find somebody to punch him for you?
I'm only half joking.

Is he the only doctor who works with people with your situation?
Because I wouldn't keep going to a doctor who had basically made me blind.

I had a doctor who I really really liked, but his office staff screwed up every time I went. I found another doctor whose office staff didn't need complete retraining, specifically retraining by me. I'm much happier and the reason I see him is well under control.

(Whadda jerk! Walks away mumbling bad words.)

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:55 am

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:35 am
Is he the only doctor who works with people with your situation?
There aren't many, but there are others. Thing is, he's one of the two guys who wrote a book on the subject and probably does know more than most.

I am seriously thinking about a new ophthalmologist, but I recognize that's the immediate aftermath of yesterday talking. He's actually highly respected - he's at Cedars-Sinai and, while he hasn't every held the political offices in the department, I've had other doctors tell me that he's who everyone else in opthalmology calls whenever they need real insight into something.

But yes, this is infuriating. My current thought (which matches taking action with getting past the immediate upset) is this: I'll see more primary doctor in the next couple of months (have to do it before end of September for annual physical timing). She referred me to him originally. I'm not scheduled to see him again for six months (January), so when I see my main doc soon I'll discuss action with her.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:14 am

I had cataract surgery by the best doctor I could find. He was the one every other doctor said they would go to. But that was ten years ago. I saw him the other day, and I wouldn't choose him now. I still think he's the one to go to for information, but he's not the doctor I'd choose to do the surgery today.

Veronica
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Veronica » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:14 pm

I am so sorry to hear this.

I didnt understand that you hadnt had the surgery.
Id go punch him in the nose for ya but it probably wouldnt do any good except give you a grand memory
" ah....remember the time Veronica walked from Ny and whomped hell outa that Dr....lol...gosh he never saw thatittle firecracker coming, did he.....rotflmao"

If he postoned all your appointments I would at least write a letter to the Board or whom ever supervise s Drs in your state and put him on record. He should have a stern talking to about this to make sure that he doesnt neglect anyone else in the future.

To try and add some sunshine...
My dad was blown up by a handgranade and lost his vision for years. 1953ish....he has lived labeled disabled and partially blind since....and the doctors told him when it did return that it will deteriorate and he could wake up blind any day. The Army VA has done incredible work on him to put that off but I think more then there efforts was his will to not be what he concideted really hanicapped. His defiance and beligerance in the face of such potentials I believe has had an almost placebo like effect on him being told his fate.
He didnt do it gracefully.
But he did what he had to do to get his needs and his childrens needs met.
Wishing you all the best in everything.

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:59 pm

I'm sorry to hear about this Jim.
Saturn and Pluto conj, square or opposite our Suns can indeed diminish decrease our health/vitality.
Which is why I am a bit worried to see that the Saturn-Pluto is going to oppose my father's Sun soon.

Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Demi-SLR 8/3/19

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:15 pm

My Demi-SLR, occurring August 3 at 6:12 PM PDT, is unpleasant and probably unfortunate. Besides the exactly angular Saturn, there are both natal and transiting Mars-Saturn aspects.

r Mars on Asc -9°31'
r Saturn on MC -8°58'
t Pluto on Asc -5°56'
t Mercury on Dsc -5°30'
t Uranus on IC -3°35'
t Saturn on Asc -0°43'
r Neptune on MC +9°14'

-- t Mercury-Pluto op. 0°26' in mundo
-- t Mercury op. r Mars 0°27'
-- r Mars-Saturn sq. 0°32' in mundo

-- t Mars-Saturn sq. 1°53' PVP
-- t Mercury-Uranus sq. 1°55' in mundo
-- t Mercury sq. r Neptune 1°58'
-- t Uranus-Pluto sq. 2°21' in mundo
-- r Mars-Neptune sq. 2°25'
-- t Pluto conj. r Mars 2°31'
-- t Saturn-Uranus sq. 2°52' in mundo
-----------------------------------------------------
-- t Pluto sq. r Saturn 3°02' in mundo
-- t Uranus op. r Saturn 3°22'
-- t Mercury sq. r Saturn 3°28' in mundo
-- t Mercury-Saturn op. 4°47' in mundo
-- t Pluto sq. r Neptune 3°35' in mundo

t Sun sq. r Mercury 0°57'
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Mike
Constellation Member
Constellation Member

Post by Mike » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:06 am

I'm sorry to hear all of this, Jim :cry:

I realize the demi already activated by this point, but... if the SLRs are still bad going forward, is it worth it to take a day trip out of town (granted, pretty far out of town) to get a slightly altered arrangement? Or is it just not worth it given how short these last?

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:33 pm

Mike wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:06 am
I realize the demi already activated by this point, but... if the SLRs are still bad going forward, is it worth it to take a day trip out of town (granted, pretty far out of town) to get a slightly altered arrangement? Or is it just not worth it given how short these last?
it would cost hundreds of dollars and two days off work to get far enough away for it to make a difference.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Marduk
SLR 8/17/19

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:04 am

My next SLR occurs Saturday, August 17, 201, 6:11:25 PM PDT, surely in or near my home in LA. I should be feeling it by dinner time tonight.

It's a definite improvement over the outgoing Demi-SLR, even though natal planets do all the work. (The outgoing SLR has also been tough, though it had some nice transits; nonetheless, its main point was Saturn square my Sun in the foreground.)

Here's the new one:

t Mercury on Dsc -7°10'
-- t Me/Pl on horizon -0°45'
r Uranus on Dsc +0°04'
r Jupiter on Dsc +0°09'
r Mars on Asc +1°25'

t Pluto on Asc +5°40'
r Neptune sq. Asc +2°39'

-- r Jupiter-Uranus conj. 0°04' in mundo
-- r Mars-Uranus op. 1°21' in mundo
-- r Mars-Jupiter op. 1°16' in mundo
-- r Uranus-Neptune sq. 2°00'
-- r Jupiter-Neptune sq. 2°16'
-- t Pluto conj. r Mars 4°15' in mundo

No non-angular partile aspects.

NOTE: t Mars is 1°24' past Vx, which means (if it's valid) that it is forming a PVP square to natal Mars-Jupiter-Uranus. There are no adverse external financial trends in the chart otherwise (though my own Mars-Jupiter-Mars closely angular means I have to not be stupid and impulsive on spending). If there is blind-siding external financial impact then I'll have to find a way to calculate these PVP aspects in SLRs.

Beginning August 26, I'll be in Menlo Park, CA for a week. For that location, this relocates to put transiting Pluto 0°30' above Asc, with greater focus on that and natal Mars, though it's not that close: Natal Mars is 3°36' below Asc, Jupiter and Uranus about 4° above Dsc.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:04 am

That Jup-Ur seems like something exciting :)

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:27 am

Arena wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:04 am
That Jup-Ur seems like something exciting :)
I'm hoping so :) I've lived with it all my life, so it comes up quite a lot, but this one is unusually close - and the mundane conjunction is only 04'.

There will at least be variety and probably pleasure in about a week. I'm going back to our Silicon Valley office to work for a week beginning August 26. By current plans, Marion will fly back into LA from DC late Monday, drive up Tuesday, spend the week with me up there (it's a lovely area), then Saturday we'll drive back don the coast together over the start of the Labor Day weekend, probably stopping in several wine regions as we go.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Demi-SLR 8/31/19

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:40 am

My next Demi-SLR sets up Saturday morning, August 31, at 4:10 AM PDT. Because it happens at such an early hour, I'll still be in Menlo Park, CA. (We don't check out until a few hours later, and then will be on the road for two to three days making our way down the coast.)

For this location, here is the breakdown:

r Neptune on IC -0 31'
----------------------------
t Uranus sq. Asc +0 35'
t Pluto on WP +1 56'

r Jupiter on Asc +8 11'
r Uranus on Asc +8 37'
r Sun on IC +9 45'

-- r Jupiter-Uranus conj. 0 17'
-- r Sun-Uranus sq. 1 08' in mundo
-- r Sun-Jupiter sq. 1 34' in mundo

Other partile:
t Jupiter-Neptune sq. 0 22' in mundo
t Sun-Mars conj. 0 34' in mundo

It is clear, from the two transiting planets angular, that this will be a fortnight of changes and shake-ups or repatternings of some sort. Marion's new SLR a day before primarily has t Pluto on IC, so we are both in Pluto phases.

I'm not too clear what the natal Neptune exactly on IC means. The overall tip seems positive - my "discovered" natal Sun-Jupiter-Uranus square is distantly foreground - but the chart is really dominated by Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto, so isn't likely to be ordinary.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Re: SLR 8/17/19

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:05 am

So far, the SLR has been much better indeed. Nothing hugely positive, but a definite relief from and easing off the immediate effects of the financial strain if the prior month. (We're still in the hole, but the encroaching pressures have eased a bit.) There hasn't been any big, unusual extra demand on the exchequer, but there have been normal, planned large demands that have us skirting the edge. I'm not yet convinced, therefore, that the PVP square from transiting Mars is a factor.

What's really interesting, though, is the relocation to Menlo Park. The main difference in the chart for up here is that transiting Pluto is exactly angular in moderate-to-wide conjunction with natal Mars. The first night, I did something weird sleeping in the hotel bed - apparently pinched something in my spine - and was in severe pain for the next two days or so. Probably the second worst pain of my life. It eased off last night - whatever slipped out must have slipped back in - and today it's gone. I really don't see anything else to explain that (temporarily very significant) event than this Pluto transit to Mars on the relocated SLR angles.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Re: Demi-SLR 8/31/19

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:12 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:40 am
r Neptune on IC -0 31'
----------------------------
t Uranus sq. Asc +0 35'
t Pluto on WP +1 56'

-- r Jupiter-Uranus conj. 0 17'
-- r Sun-Uranus sq. 1 08' in mundo
-- r Sun-Jupiter sq. 1 34' in mundo

Other partile:
t Jupiter-Neptune sq. 0 22' in mundo
t Sun-Mars conj. 0 34' in mundo
So far the Demi-SLR has been primarily a bit of adventure and discovery as we wound down the coast together including unlocking a new wine region in Santa Clara Valley. The Neptune is likely, simply, wine - and the unknown. We were, of course, slightly extravagant given the very limited budget, but not much.

Now situated back in LA, the chart changes its priorities quite a lot. While I think the content above will continue, the following is the new locality overlay.

t Uranus sq. Asc -2°19' (on MC -6°05')
r Uranus on WP -2°06'
r Saturn sq. Asc -1°11'
-----------------------------
r Jupiter sq. MC +1°57'

r Mars on WP +2°06'
r Neptune on IC +3°44'

-- r Jupiter-Uranus conj. 0°17'
-- r Jupiter-Neptune sq. 2°16'
-- r Uranus-Neptune sq. 2°00'
-- t Uranus op. r Saturn 3°29'
------------------------------------------
-- r Mars-Uranus op. 4°25'
-- r Mars-Jupiter op. 4°41'

Other partile
t Sun-Mars conj. 0°39'
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Marduk
SLR 9/13/19

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:30 pm

My next SLR occurs Friday night, September 14, 2019, 12:13:30 AM and will likely be felt a day before, a little over 24 hours from now.

I'm not crazy about it - Mars-Neptune is my least favorite combination - but the chart has some very nice things also. I think I'm viewing it partly through the lens of Marion's Demi-SLR tomorrow night, which has Saturn 2° above Dsc in partile square to her Jupiter and partile square to transiting Mercury and Venus.

r Moon on MC -9°36'
t Mars on IC -7°18'
t Neptune on MC -7°15'

t Jupiter on WP -2°00'
------------------------------
t Mercury sq. Asc +0°05'
t Venus sq. Asc +0°25'

-- Mars-Neptune op. 0°03'
-- Mercury-Venus conj. 0°06' in mundo
-- Jupiter-Neptune sq. 1°00'
-- Mars-Jupiter sq. 1°03'

NOTE: t Sun op. r Moon 1°13'
t Moon-Saturn sq. 1°44' in mundo

Other partile
t Mercury-Pluto sq. 0°07' in mundo
t Venus-Pluto sq. 0°13' in mundo
JAE SLR.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Re: SLR 9/13/19

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:36 pm

I'm not sure whether the Mars-Jupiter-Neptune is Jupiter improving Mars-Neptune or Mars-Neptune afflicting an angular Jupiter. I do know that (with Uranus added) it's the same planets that form a similar T-square in my natal chart.

Marion's Demi-SLR shows (leaving out the weakest parts):

t Venus on IC -4°15'
t Mercury on IC -3°56'
r Jupiter sq. Asc -1°39'
t Saturn on Dsc -2°39'

t Sun on IC +5°51'

-- t Mercury-Venus conj. 0°09'
-- t Mars-Neptune op. 0°44' in mundo
-- t Saturn sq. r Jupiter 0°57'

-- t Mercury-Saturn sq. 1°18' in mundo
-- t Venus-Saturn sq. 1°36' in mundo
-- t Sun-Neptune op. 3°02'