Saturn-Sun

Q&A and discussion on Aspects.
ScarletDepths
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Saturn Sun

Post by ScarletDepths » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:17 pm

Can someone with a Saturn Sun aspect give me the gist of how they see this placement? I have a very loose Sun trine Saturn, that Jim said had almost no strength. It would be one if my only Sun aspects (I also have a loose Moon trine Sun). Saturn is the opposite of my Suns ruler which would explain for some dissociation from the sign.

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Re: Saturn Sun

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:28 pm

Sun-Saturn aspects I can recall on this site include the following. The ones above the line I consider strong, below the line I regard as "valid but not particularly strong."

Danica (opposition 1°06')
Venus Daily (sextile 0°51')
-----------------------------------
Debbie (sextile 3°09')
James Condor (sextile 4°01')
Freya (trine 4°51')

A general interpretation for a Sun-Saturn trine would be as follows:
Effective survivor, works hard, few luxuries; prefers modest accommodations. Authority & other parent-based issues to overcome. Serious; yet good sense of humor. Struggles with self-sufficiency can block progress; more inclined to reaction than action.
For comparison, a Moon-Saturn aspect, which you have very close, would be as follows:
Proud, self-made. Dynamic, hardworking, persistent, self-driving. Encourages growth in others (expects them to do something worthy of their abilities). Usually emotionally reserved, private. Definite tendency (often unconscious) to seek total control of situations & relationships. Parent-themed issues (nourishment-deprivation, etc.) to work through. Judgmental (intolerant). Can be pessimistic, distrustful, little self-confidence, passive-aggressive, feeling inferior, anxious, depressed. Many enter religious or social work for mixed motives of service, self-immolation, and seeking control.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

ScarletDepths
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by ScarletDepths » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:39 pm

I agree with them both Jim. More than either of the lists for my Sun or Moon. Finding this true with most of my planetary aspects however.

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:38 pm

ScarletDepths wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:17 pm
Can someone with a Saturn Sun aspect give me the gist of how they see this placement?
Do you mean how I see this aspect manifesting in my character and life? Or something else?
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

ScarletDepths
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by ScarletDepths » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:07 pm

Yes, how you see the aspect manifesting in your life is what I meant.

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:18 am

ScarletDepths wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:07 pm
Yes, how you see the aspect manifesting in your life is what I meant.
All things Saturnian are close to my heart :D

I can endure harsh circumstances (whatever they are) by adjustment of my own attitude and the way I perceive what's happening. Am striving to see, understand the essential in every situation (that which is the underlying structure and basic function of a phenomena), i.e. see past the surface of things. I'm oriented to long-term projects, and am unusually persistent with projects/engagements that I find important.
I enjoy spending time alone, more so - I need to have some time alone, for reflection and meditation, on daily basis, to feel optimally functional. (this Su-Sa opp is a part of a larger configuration, involving Neptune which is on EP)

I approach things that I do with seriousness, but can see the funny side of life even in the most painful and grave circumstances. Very philosophically inclined.

There's more to it, of course, but this would be "the gist of it".

P.S. Also, I've noticed that periods of Saturn (in transits, progressions and solunars - times when Saturn is prominent, or exactly configured with Lights, angles or personal planets) have always been among my BEST periods of life. Am speculating that it has to do with this Sun-Saturn nat. configuration.
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

ScarletDepths
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by ScarletDepths » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:27 am

Hmmm interesting, I have Saturn (Moon,Uranus,Mercury, Sun, and Pluto (mostly through the Moon )). I used to view Saturn as this awful thing, but then I remembered that I like rainy days, brisk mornings, and general dark moods, and the things I found awful were things more optimistic upbeat and jovial in nature.

I'll have to watch my transits to see if Saturn helps my chart as you speculate in yours. I also appreciate alone time, introspection, and philosophical cognitive processes. I do relate to Capricorn partially I be live because of Saturn weight in my chart (and Mars being exaltedin Capy completes the Mars-Saturn nature of the sign). This is a bit personal but do you have any inclination toward mental health issues?

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:36 am

ScarletDepths wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:27 am
This is a bit personal but do you have any inclination toward mental health issues?
I'll gladly answer if you clarify the question - what do you exactly mean by "inclination toward mental health issues"?

EDIT: I realized I may come across as hard to communicate, asking you to clarify everything. But I feel it's a part of my job here on earth now to prod people to more clear, more direct communication, specifically regarding the way words are used (words are very powerful tools! even in small talks, chat, etc. - the way we use words has a huge effect on the way we perceive, create & experience reality!).

If your question is did I have mental health issues myself, the answer is no. What I did have is a terrifying dream (a decade or more ago, maybe the only real nightmare I ever had) of being considered insane by everyone in my environment (the small city I lived in), and chased to be put in an asylum and "treated" there; in the dream, at one point I meet with my mother and am very happy to finally talk with someone who knows I'm not insane - only to discover that she also thinks I am, but is pretending she doesn't, and is collaborating with the others who are after me to put me in the asylum.
But this I see more related to Jupiter, than Saturn ergie in the psyche: the need to be accepted & understood by others.

If your question is am I inclined to mental health issues as a subject of interest, the answer is yes - I'm inclined to study and try to understand everything related to human psychological health. I find it a very important subject.
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

ScarletDepths
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by ScarletDepths » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:59 pm

Do experience any mental health issues and/or Symptoms? (Jim was having trouble finding this in my chart curious to see of it stems from my Sun/Moon/Saturn cosmic trine or just Saturns influence on my luminaries)

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:02 pm

ScarletDepths wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:59 pm
Do experience any mental health issues and/or Symptoms? (Jim was having trouble finding this in my chart curious to see of it stems from my Sun/Moon/Saturn cosmic trine or just Saturns influence on my luminaries)
I just edited my post above, before seeing your reply. See there.
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

ScarletDepths
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by ScarletDepths » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:21 pm

Thank you for that personal account. I can't say I've ever felt Jupiter let alone like that (that sounds like a Jupiter Neptune transit or at least Jupiter Pisces). I did have reacouring nightmares that turned out to be (after interpretation) more of my consciousness teaching me how to be detached (to prepare me for things to come as I am an empath or high on the scale at least).
It was always am out of body dream, the place is all white light (no beginning or end), a man dressed in an old deep sea diver suit came with a medical bag (he was all black almost silhouette like) I am floating in the middle of the room and I wake up just before he cuts my heart out of my body. I was as a young child, scared on Halloween as me my sister brother and I got into bed, my mom's abusive boyfriend was dressed, as now what I know of the scream with a good, closed the door to the room as he was hiding beings there, and then he jumped out screamed/growled and slashed the bed to bits with a scythe. I also have mood and anxiety disorders partially inherited from my mother's side.

ScarletDepths
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Saturn-Sun

Post by ScarletDepths » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:25 pm

Jim has expressed to me the difference that would show in me if my Sun-Saturn was stronger or in a more dynamic angle type. Saturn is about 5 on my list of strongest planet types in theory. However I express it as about number 2-3. So I'm curious if the Sun-Saturn effect on me is stronger than I thought. I have a tight moon Saturn aspect but Saturn should not be more apparent than my dignified of angular planets.

So I'm looking to discuss this aspect and see how Sun-Saturn people view the world.

"SUN-SATURN
Effective survivors, self-sufficient, hard working, accomplishing. Used to hard work, few luxuries; preferring private, modest accommodations. Not always good control on strong impulses, but generally very good control of small & medium-sized ones. Authority (likely paternal) issues to overcome. Serious; enjoy deep subjects; yet few have so good a sense of humor! Childhood hardships common, circumstances force early maturation. "

Arena
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Re: Saturn-Sun

Post by Arena » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:10 am

You can not discuss or compare your own experience with Sun-Saturn when you also have Moon-Saturn. That is bound to give it an even higher importance.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:03 am

Yup, Arena's right. Saturn is applying to a trine with the Moon by 0°36. That aspect's way too strong to let the Sun (applying to a trine by 5°15) shine in there much but you have plenty of luminary + Saturn energy.
Moon-Saturn
Ignore the toilet training, read the rest:
Don Bradley in AA 6/70 wrote: An accumulated hoard of resentments about one's early life, especially in connection with toilet-training and the development of "good" behavior as opposed to "bad" behavior... prone to suffer needlessly from feelings of guilt implanted in them by a too-orderly upbringing liberally riddled with quotations from Proverbs and Paul...

ScarletDepths
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by ScarletDepths » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:58 pm

A request to have this post put into a more recent post (that is in a more appropriate section). I'm sorry I didn't realize I had asked similar questions until reviewing my post history.

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:21 pm

Scarlet, I have just merged that previous/older thread of yours (with the same subject line as the new one) with this thread - so all posts on the same topic are in the single place, i.e. here.
Moving only a single post would not make sense, moving the whole thread does - since the topic is exactly the same.
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

ScarletDepths
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by ScarletDepths » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:45 pm

I say post and mean thred I apologize. Thank you so much.