What makes you LGBT+

General Discussion on Natal Astrology matters for which a specific forum does not exist
Saya Otonashi
Satellite Member
Satellite Member

What makes you LGBT+

Post by Saya Otonashi » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:18 pm

This thread is dedicated to the planetary combinations etc. that can make people LGBT+.

I always thought Uranus plays a part in 'out of the norm' sexuality and it's quite accurate.

Well, here's an interesting post on lesbians:

https://www.scribd.com/doc/117177595/AS ... -A-LESBIAN

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Re: What makes you LGBT+

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:35 pm

Did you see the material already in the archives? Might be worth a look so we don't repeat repeat repeat ourselves.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Re: What makes you gay?

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:37 pm

Please don't post mulitple threads on the same subject.

Badly afflicted 7th house? Um...

You seem to be a tropicalist. I think you may want to find out who we are and what we do before posting more. Start here: https://www.solunars.org/

Saya Otonashi
Satellite Member
Satellite Member

Re: What makes you gay?

Post by Saya Otonashi » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:42 pm

Oops! Sorry.
I didn't mean to.

Feel free to delete any repetitions.

I wanted to change the name but I somehow ended up with duplicate topics.

Btw I'm a Vedic astrology enthusiast :)

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:51 pm

I merged the two topics.
You're welcome here, but this is not a Vedic forum. And you weren't born under the sign of Cancer.

Saya Otonashi
Satellite Member
Satellite Member

Post by Saya Otonashi » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:56 pm

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:51 pm
I merged the two topics.
You're welcome here, but this is not a Vedic forum. And you weren't born under the sign of Cancer.
Thanks for merging and for your welcome :)

Oh, I thought sidereal means Vedic because all yhe constellations names are same as that of Vedic.

And yes, I'm not Cancer as per Vedic either. So I got really confused :(

Anyway, sidereal astrology is interesting! :) Might as well learn some :)

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:33 pm

Ugh. I spent half an hour writing a long answer to this then, on trying to save it, it evaporated - because the thread I was answering didn't exist any longer.

I'm not going to recreate the answer, but I wanted you to know I took the time to answer it.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Venus_Daily
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Venus_Daily » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:33 pm

This is a multi-faceted answer.

Saya Otonashi
Satellite Member
Satellite Member

Post by Saya Otonashi » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:57 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:33 pm
Ugh. I spent half an hour writing a long answer to this then, on trying to save it, it evaporated - because the thread I was answering didn't exist any longer.

I'm not going to recreate the answer, but I wanted you to know I took the time to answer it.
That happened because I wanted to change the name of the thread and it somehow became 2 threads. Later, the mod merged them.

I'm so sorry for the trouble, it's your wish whether or not you want to recreate the answer, because I know it's very annoying to write a long article and then have it gone. The frustration remains and I end up abandoning the task myself.

I just want to thank you for your help on my natal chart thread (please answer my question there) and for creating this forum :) I appreciate it.

randallnyc
Meteorite Member
Meteorite Member

Post by randallnyc » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:42 am

Here is THE answer on "what makes you LGBT" irrespective of which system of astrology you use: NOTHING ASTROLOGICALLY. End of story. That's like asking if astrology can determine if someone is left-handed.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:21 am

LGBT+ are all so different. While it's the style now to lump them all together as "gender identities that are discriminated against or actively dangerous to admit to" they aren't all the same thing. I suspect you are asking about an orientation toward same sex partners.
While Randall's declaration is factual for the most part, I think there are natal aspects that point to a tendency toward same sex orientation, but they don't always express if they aren't angular and the environment isn't conducive.

We do have to understand astrology is not the only thing that makes people what they are. There's Fagan's famous example of a King of England and a commoner, born at the same time on the same date within a mile or so of each other, whose lives proceeded along the same paths and timelines. They married on the same date. At the time one was crowned King, the other opened his own business. Things like that. There's nature and nurture, conditions set at birth, things you're born with, and things that come from your environment. Sometimes it's hard to separate what "causes" what, and sometimes several things work together.

randallnyc
Meteorite Member
Meteorite Member

Post by randallnyc » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:42 am

I would think Fagan's use of the Novien, which he called a "Sexascope" may shed light.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:25 am

I doubt it.
If you type "novien" into the search box upper right on this page, you'll get 5 pages of references. Skip to the fifth page and you'll find a thread The Novien - Fagan's views and another STUDY - U.S. Presidents - Navamsa vs. Novien. Another is Navamsa vs. Novien Moon for U.S. Presidents .

Most of the rest of the postings about Noviens (and Navamsas) here just repeat the information given in those threads when somebody brings them up again.

Avshalom Binyamin
Constellation Member
Constellation Member

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:59 pm

Mars-Uranus will give a person sexual creativity, and outside-the box ideas. Pluto will give authenticity and refusal to follow "norms".

Veronica
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Veronica » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:42 am

Mars/Uranus.....Mars-Uranus

Hmmm....

I have never wanted to have sex with a girl
But maybe Ive never met a girl who combined with me in a way that inticed me to explore.
I have entangled with a man
And we have this aspect
Does that mean we are gay?
That the stars show some determined quailty that lay latent waiting to be explored?
Maybe
Maybe not

In this link it is said
I was born when I was born because thats who I am
Not
I am who I am because I was born....

I grew up with my father constantly asking me
"Why did you do that"

And he never let me make excuses for my behavior

It was an excellent read and I think weighs in on this conversation.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1968&p=14034&hilit=Harmonic#p14034

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:33 am

Veronica, I think it's more true that if you were inclined to want to have sex with a woman, you wouldn't let convention, timidity, other people's opinions stop you from it. Similarly, if you were just a little interested and thought somebody was going to try to stop you, or if you just wanted an adventure, you might go ahead and do it anyway.

Strong Mars-Uranus aspects mean that in pretty much every area of your life you are uncompromisingly individualist, bold, a natural rebel who challenges prevailing thinking, often leaping into something new and offbeat. You take risks psychologically, are more sexually uninhibited than most people, and trust your own instincts more than outside advice.

This is what I meant about these being lifestyle effects more than markers of homosexuality per se. Imagine yourself really wanting to have sex with a woman in a time and place where this was condemned and repressed. You would be one of the people that would say, "I don't care, I'm going for it. C'mere, babe!" Right? And then your chart would be added by some astrologer to the pile of bi or lesbian charts they were collecting :)

This is why, during earlier decades, one rarely found an openly gay person, living a candidly gay lifestyle, that didn't have one or more of Venus or Mars aspecting Uranus or Pluto; and today you can easily find gays' charts without these. Bless the rebels, they knock down the walls that bind everyone else.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Veronica
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Veronica » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:31 pm

Right you are Jim!
Very true.
Your damn straight that if I was inclined to have sex with anyone...I would. No holds barred.
Annndddd.....
B.E.G.
If society said it was taboo....
I would do it full force on the Altar in which they were bound....in broad daylight....and probaly put a notice in the paper before hand so everyone could come and watch....

But that not just sex.
If I was inclinded to knit a sweater and it was forbidden to knit.....
Id be right there again....hookin one pearling two.

That is who I am after all.
I trust my heart
And if my heart says I need a knitted sweater
Then Im going to knit a sweater

I thought long and hard about me being a little interested....and thinking someone was trying to stop me. Woo that made me go...no way...no one has ever tried to stop me from anything I wanted. But then I remembered when I first got my job at the library years ago and I wanted to get my hands on the Reference Books in the Occult case the librarian had locked up behind her desk. Damn them holders of the key i thought to myself. Who do they think they are limiting knowldge and information. It took me some time and alot of hard work but She gave me the key after I proved I was responsible.

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:09 pm

Exactly!
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

mikestar13
Constellation Member
Constellation Member

Post by mikestar13 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:32 am

Reminds me of a female coworker I read a nativity for in the 80's. Her sexual adventures with guys were notorious with her full consent--she told me she enjoyed having a "reputation." Seeing a tight Venus-Uranus square with angular Mars rising in Aquarius, I said "you go for girls too." She asked me "what bitch told you, I'll kill her!" No one had and there were no rumors. What I knew of her personality combined with the chart made it a good 90+% guess. Later we became good friends and confidants. She told me "I don't crave a woman nearly as often as I crave a man, but when I do, it's much more intense." She is also very high on the list of women I regret never having sex with. :(
Time matters

TheScales_BothWays
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by TheScales_BothWays » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:11 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:33 am
This is what I meant about these being lifestyle effects more than markers of homosexuality per se. Imagine yourself really wanting to have sex with a woman in a time and place where this was condemned and repressed. You would be one of the people that would say, "I don't care, I'm going for it. C'mere, babe!" Right? And then your chart would be added by some astrologer to the pile of bi or lesbian charts they were collecting

This is why, during earlier decades, one rarely found an openly gay person, living a candidly gay lifestyle, that didn't have one or more of Venus or Mars aspecting Uranus or Pluto; and today you can easily find gays' charts without these. Bless the rebels, they knock down the walls that bind everyone else.
This is interesting. Yes my observations match that of Jim's, that gay people born in homophobic countries, or who were born during homophobic times, are more likely to have these aspects close, (especially Mars-Pluto and Venus-Pluto aspects) and in more progressive, LGBT friendly countries, it's not as often to find gay people with them.

I also noticed that a few gay men even had a prominent Pluto (e.g. Sun-Pluto aspects) like transgender people. I suppose they are/were under even worse oppression. And then I once saw a bisexual guy's chart with a close Mercury-Uranus aspect, something Jim has noticed among some bisexuals too.

I also (kinda?) notice that gay people with these aspects (Venus or Mars aspecting Pluto especially, myself included) are more willing to "stick being gay", i.e. are less willing to marry people of the opposite sex to blend into society. Because it is hard for some gay people to "stick being gay" in a homophobic country. It was sad when a fellow Malaysian gay man online, once told me "Are you 100% gay? You don't like women at all? Are you going to stick being gay in this country? It will be very hard". :(

But it's not like once they marry the opposite sex, they don't end up having gay sex again...