2018 December events

Analyses of distinct mundane events, using the methods of Sidereal mundane astrology
Danica
Irish
Irish

12/22/18 Indonesia tzunami

Post by Danica » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:52 am

"At least 222 people have been killed and 843 injured after a tsunami hit the coast of Indonesia’s Sunda Strait.
The tsunami hit at about 9.30pm on Saturday night, Indonesian time, which is around 2.30pm GMT. There was no pre-warning given.
The tsunami is thought to have been caused by the eruption of the Anak Krakatoa volcano, which may have triggered underwater landslides."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/ ... ZvHAX50veA
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Re: 2018 December events

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:12 am

9:27 PM when the first wave hit a nightclub, smashing through the walls.

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Re: 12/22/18 Indonesia tzunami

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:14 am

December 22, 2018, 9:27 PM, somewhere in Indonesia

I'd been trying to avoid looking into this event because it still seems ill-defined - thanks for the times the two of you provided, and I'm still not sure of a location, plus it had seemed a small event (a couple of hundred deaths from tsunamis in Indonesia is small; tens of thousands are the usual effect). But it does now seem to be a high-impact event, especially in terms of the surprise.

So let's try to figure out a location. Sunda Strait is the ocean area between Sumatra and Java. (Krakatau is a small island southwest of the strait.) There's a shipping lane across the strait and, if we take it as an average location, it's center is around 6S14, 105E53. However, I'm not sure exactly where the point of impact was, and this may be too general. There's a city called Merak on the Java side and a bunch of little towns on the Sumatra side. Unfortunately, the article doesn't name any particular place that was hit.

Later. I've found articles listing larger cities on either side of the strait quite a bit inland, but mostly as "in the region of." It might actually be easier to treat this as just a part of the volcano eruption, which occurred December 22, 14:03 UT, -6.1001115,105.416837.

Another article said the tsunami hit beaches in Lampung and Banten - which are pretty far apart! I imagine it means the provinces, though, and not the cities, so it's just another way of saying the beaches on the inward facing sides of the two islands. So what I have so far is:
Wikipedia gives coordinates of the strait as 5S55 105E53. I now see they got this from Google Maps' positioning of the center of the strait.
Picking the narrowest part of the straits on maps.google.com translates to 6S14, 105E53
I might almost prefer to use Jakarta, which (1) wasn't that far away and (2) is the capital. Jakarta is 6S19, 106E48.

I guess I'll use the center of the straits for now. (This is a lot of work just to get the location of an event :( and I've been up all night - we just got in around 5:00 and I'm trying to do this before going to bed.)

So: December 22, 2018, 9:27 PM (zone -7), 5S55, 105E53. It's a barrage of Uranus and Pluto, perfectly on-target for the surprise element (which seems to be the biggest characteristic of it); then Day timing that is clearly deadly.

Year: Capsolar
Uranus sq. MC 0°05'
Sun on MC 0°16'
Venus on MC 1°54'
Pluto more widely foreground
-- Sun-Uranus sq. 0°21'
-- Sun-Venus conj. 1°25'
-- Venus-Uranus sq. 1°46'
Moon-Mercury conj. 0°51'
Moon-Saturn conj. 1°28' in mundo

Bridge
t Uranus conj. s Asc

Quarter: Libsolar
Pluto on MC 1°16'
Sun on Dsc 2°27'
Uranus widely foreground
Moon-Mars sq. 0°35'
Moon-Mercury sq. 0°37'

Month: Caplunar
Moon on Dsc 0°25'
Uranus on MC 1°44'
Venus & Pluto more widely foreground
Moon-Uranus sq. 2°09' in mundo

Week: Arilunar
Pluto sq. MC 0°07', on Asc 0°42'
Moon & Uranus more widely foreground
Moon-Uranus conj. 3°46

Day: Capsolar Quotidian & Transits
p MC conj. s Saturn 0°42', s Moon 0°56', midpoint 0°07'
----------------------------
t Uranus conj. s Asc 1°11'

Day: Cansolar Transits
The forming Full Moon fell across Cansolar meridian. For this approximate longitude, at the time the tsunami hit Moon was 0°02' from IC and Sun just under 2° from MC.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Anak Krakatoa eruption

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:08 am

December 22, 2018, 14:03 Ut (21:03 LT), 6S06, 105E25

I think the eruption was likely timed by the Full Moon on purely gravitational grounds. These charts are going to be nearly identical to the others, but at least I have a sure location this time.

Year: Capsolar
Uranus sq. MC 0°21'
Sun on MC 0°43'
Venus sq. Asc 0°36'
Pluto more widely foreground
-- Sun-Uranus sq. 0°21'
-- Sun-Venus conj. 1°25'
-- Venus-Uranus sq. 1°46'
Moon-Mercury conj. 0°51'
Moon-Saturn conj. 1°28' in mundo

Bridge
t Uranus conj. s Asc

Quarter: Libsolar
Pluto on MC 0°49'
Sun on Dsc 2°57'
Uranus widely foreground
Moon-Mars sq. 0°35'
Moon-Mercury sq. 0°37'

Month: Caplunar
Moon on Dsc 0°57'
Uranus on MC 1°15'
Venus & Pluto more widely foreground
-- Uranus-Pluto sq. 2°59' in mundo
Moon-Uranus sq. 2°12' in mundo

Week: Arilunar
Pluto sq. MC 0°23'
Moon & Uranus more widely foreground
Moon-Uranus conj. 1°45' in mundo

Day: Capsolar Quotidian & Transits
p MC conj. s Saturn 0°16', s Moon 1°20'
----------------------------
t Uranus conj. s Asc 1°41'

Day: Cansolar Transits
The forming Full Moon fell across Cansolar meridian: Moon was 0°09' from IC and Sun just over 2° from MC.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:41 pm

According to the local evening news CNBC says the average bear market lasts 13 months.

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Dow surges upward, breaking records

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:42 pm

The stock market recovered with a passion today, the DJIA closing up 1,086 points, the most it's ever gained in a single day. It's now actually in shooting range of of closing next Monday above 23,300 (though we still have to wait and see if it will). Today's close was 22,878. Closing was at 4 PM in New York City.

The main non-astrological factor contributing to this is that reports were in from Christmas sales in retail and they were excellent. People spent tons of money this year and retail did really well.

Prior research showed that, on days of the greatest market gains, the Washington, DC CapQ showed as significant (luminaries on angles) and remarkable (Uranus and Pluto on angles). Specifically, Moon-Pluto and Moon-Pluto aspects and Sun or Moon on CapQ angles. For NYC, CapQ tended to have Mars on angles. Venus most often transited NY and DC Capsolar angles. Jupiter was unusually common on NYC angles of the Week chart.

On days of greatest amount of trading (either direction), the Washington CapQ most often had Pluto on an angle. For NYC, CapQ tended to have Mars on angles. Pluto transited Capsolar angles most often, both for Washington & NYC. Mars was most often angular in the Week charts for NYC and DC.

How do these historic patterns compare to today? At close today:

* Transiting Pluto conjoins Washington Capsolar IC & squares its Ascendant. For NYC, Pluto squares Ascendant and Uranus transits its WP.
* Transiting Mars conjoins Washington Cansolar Dsc.
* Transiting Sun & ingress Mercury-Saturn are on Washington CapQ IC. Transiting Sun and ingress Mercury are on NYC CapQ IC.
* The Week chart (current Canlunar) does not have Jupiter angular but does have Venus rising.
* Transiting Jupiter is exactly on NYC CanQ MC with Venus on its WP.

This does every well against historic patterns: DC CapQ has Sun angular. Pluto transited Washington's and NYC's Capsolar angles. Mars was not on NYC CapQ angles but did exactly transit a Cansolar angle (adrenaline-pumped trade floor mania). The Week chart does not have Jupiter but was benefic.

We also had a Saturn we didn't expect, but also gained a fantastic Jupiter and Venus we didn't expect.

Overall: Not bad. Historic results seemed duplicated for the most part.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:37 pm

Technically speaking, not unusual after breaking out to downside with oversold conditions for market to rally back to the old 2018 bottoms around 23,500, and then resume its bear trend for new lows. Let's see if this will be the case. I think the market is discounting some type of bad news in a few months.

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
NY sky burned turquoise

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:12 am

December 27, 2018, 9:12 PM, Queens, NY

New York City residents saw their sky suddenly flash turquoise for about half a minute (or, as several friends of mine said on Facebook, the sky turned green). The cause (wrongly reported as an explosion) was a Con Ed transformer malfunction that arced electricity much like a lightning strike, due to equipment malfunction.

There were few consequences beyond some puzzled oohs and aahs as far away as New Jersey. Nobody was hurt. Some windows rattled from loud explosion-like sounds as the arc hit the ground. A few people had a brief power outage. LaGuardia halted flights for an hour beginning at 9:22 PM.

All sorts of exotic weirdness can be expected under the 2018 Capsolar, which looks much the same for Queens as it does for Washington. We do get a fairly literal portrayal of this event in the current Caplunar, though (perhaps a bit too negatively weighted):

Saturn on Asc 1°14'
Uranus on IC 3°02'
Venus on MC 7°07'
Pluto on Asc 9°29'

-- Venus-Pluto sq. 2°22'

With a dormant Canlunar, we look back to the Arilunar and see Pluto sq. MC 0°23', plus an elevated Moon-Uranus conjunction.

The CapQ is a bit too severe but at least captures the airport traffic hold: CapQ IC has Sun on ingress Mercury 2° on one side, transiting Saturn 2° off the other side. Mars crossing Cansolar angles probably fired off the reaction.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Child shot dead in Houston

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:25 am

December 30, 2018, 7:00 AM, Houston, TX

A 7-year-old girl was killed when she was shot in the head in a drive-by shooting. We'll likely see a lot of attention to this event (as we should). At the moment, it seems arbitrary and tragic.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/01/us/texas ... index.html

The shooting occurred as Moon crossed MC, which was also squared exactly by Pluto, I know without looking that the Capsolar's Moon-Mercury-Saturn line cuts through Houston, so it seems the Capsolar is going to get one last lashing in for child + tragedy + car.

Year: Capsolar {+3}
Moon sq. Asc 0°06'
Mercury on IC 0°31'
Saturn on IC 1°59'
-- Moon-Mercury conj. 0°51'
-- Moon-Saturn conj. 1°30' in mundo
-- Moon-Mercury conj. 2°26'

Bridge {0}
CanQ Moon-Saturn sq. 0°43'
t Jupiter sq. Cansolar Asc 1°06'

Quarter: Libsolar (Dormant.) Moon-Mercury Moon-Mars.
NOTE: Saturn is just off IC again, about 3 1/2 degrees.

Quarter: Cansolar {+3}
(A great example of PVP aspects, without which this would be a poor chart.)
Venus sq. MC 0°47', on Asc 2°10'
Neptune more widely foreground
-- Venus-Pluto sq. 1°38' PVP
-- Sun-Pluto con. 1°46' PVP
-- Sun-Venus sq. 2°50' PVP

Month: Capsolar {+2}
Saturn sq. MC 0°42'
Sun more widely foreground
Moon-Uranus sq. 2°08' in mundo
Moo-Pluto conj. 3°54' in mundo

Week: Canlunar (Dormant.)

Week: Arilunar {+2}