Neptune dignity

Do you have an insightful (or crazy?) idea or approach offroad to the main highways & most traversed side streets of Sidereal Astrology? Start your thread here. SITE VISITORS, PLEASE NOTE: Discussions in this section are non-canonical and may (or not) find their ways into Sidereal Astrology's working methods.
James Condor
Constellation Member
Constellation Member
Neptune dignity

Post by James Condor » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:26 am

Cancer for a Neptune dignity instead of Jupiter?
Leo for a Neptune dignity because it’s opposite Aquarius (Uranus).

Beanies+Bad habits
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Re: Neptune dignity

Post by Beanies+Bad habits » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:41 pm

Neptune is domicile in Pisces, Venus is exalted there and Jupiter is domicile as well (according to some).

Cancer is the thesis of the Moon, Jupiter exalted.

Neptune in Leo would be an odd combination (definitely supports the creative artistic side Leo can have).Also this would signify Neptune in my chart which would explain why some people say Neptune is well in my personality. However all of that just sounds to good to believe in.
Ey bawon, pa ge, maman brigette. Ey Oya. En lugar de mi, kome un pollo por favor.

James Condor
Constellation Member
Constellation Member

Post by James Condor » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:47 am

I get that you can learn what others have told you but there could be more to it then accepting what people have ‘agreed on’ before discovering it
I don’t accept Jupiter dignified in Pisces.
So where does Neptune belong beside Pisces? Every other planet belongs to multiple signs.

Beanies+Bad habits
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Beanies+Bad habits » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:48 pm

I'd argue that Pluto very well may influence any sign but bongs to none because of the nature of it. Neptune only wants to belong so it may be in mulitple, however the symmetry of astrology isn't a necessity, just because one planet has multiple places doesn't mean every planet does.
Ey bawon, pa ge, maman brigette. Ey Oya. En lugar de mi, kome un pollo por favor.

James Condor
Constellation Member
Constellation Member

Post by James Condor » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:37 pm

I lean towards symmetry or at least consistency as a whole. Necessity doesn’t factor into what ‘is in itself ‘ besides that it maybe one in the same. Something may exist because of necessity.
I really do think there has to be more consistency or at least logical sense to it. If not then the sidereal zodiac we know of is custom to our neck of the woods and other zodiacs exist outside of ours and if there is one universal zodiac it isn’t the one we know.

Beanies+Bad habits
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Beanies+Bad habits » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:56 pm

As someone with Venus being lumunated by the Sun as well as having some dignity over the Moon I am often sucked into aesthetics. Symmetry of planet ruletship would be very pleasing, however that makes me wary to tread there.

Just like Sun, Jupiter, Venus, and Pluto are big planets in my chart (Uranus-Mars, then Mercury and Saturn have dome influence as well) it doesn't mean my friends have exactly 4 strong planets and 4 intermediate strength planets in their chart.

I think it's much more qualitative the quantitative. One sign could be the total nature of one planet, plus one anti-thesis or many anti-thesis. However if they are symmetrical like you are implying, then the anti-thesis would have to be symmetrical too, no?

Beanies+Bad habits
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Beanies+Bad habits » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:59 pm

However if I do play along with this idea Cancer is definitely Jupiter in nature, that I've seen personally and Jim explains it well. Leo would make sense in terms of only having the Sun as its energy (cancer doesn't only have the Moon, I personally see Saturn in Aquarius as well as Uranus) if that be the case then Neptune would fit in Leo perfectly.

LEO SUN
"Requires centricity & satellites: Holds court. Casual dignity, simple elegance, innate flair. Authority, courage, competitive, hates weakness, nurtures talent. Warm, loyal; must love and be loved (centricity, adoration); sexually lusty, playful. Purity, perfection (pedantic). Strong religious instinct. Childlike delight."

The two underlined statements in Jim's leo sun could definitely drive the need for dependence that is found in Neptune well into Leo. Make Aquarius independent [Bothe Saturn and Uranus are very much so] and Leo very dependent [The Sun and Neptune are very much so].

James Condor
Constellation Member
Constellation Member

Post by James Condor » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:30 am

Objective/ subjective. Each person does exist and is unique like a fingerprint. We are one in the mass of species and/or organism . The fingerprint is objective and uniqueness of a individual fringerprint is subjective.