Aldebaran (Alpha Tauri) 15°03' Tau

Q&A and discussion on Fixed Stars
Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Aldebaran (Alpha Tauri) 15°03' Tau

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:46 pm

Lit., "the follower," and also called "the bull's eye." Ptolemy called it Lampaurus, "the beacon."

Nature of Mars (therefore interpreted as similar to Antares, though this attribute is likely from its color).

Conjunct Sun or Asc, "extraordinary energy. Such a person will be able to be ahead of other people, will gain a leading position, and will be acknowledged, but also will make enemies, through whom danger will threaten him."

"In world events, the conjunction of Mars or Saturn with this fixed star corresponds to catastrophes caused by weather conditions, e.g. floods, shipwrecks."

With Moon, "according to tradition... danger through poison, if Neptune is also lined up in this configuration." With Venus, "power directed wrongly and abnormalities in the love life This statement has to be seen in context, however."

Because Aldebaran is exactly opposite Antares, I cite only the conjunction below. Notice that President Kennedy is rather perfect textbook example of the above.

Sun conjunct: Brooke Shields, Pres. John F. Kennedy

Moon conjunct: John DeLorean, Pres. Rutherford B. Hayes
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Re: Aldebaran (alpha Tauri) 15°03' Tau

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:48 am

Ptolemy said Aldebaran is like Mars. This is easily thought because of its color, though I'm not convinced it is correct astrologically.

He knew it as Lampadias, "the Torch."
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:10 am

Do I have this 0°09' conjunct my ascendant?

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:34 am

I have this Aldebaran-Antares opposition on my relocated ASC-DSC.

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:56 am

sotonye wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:10 am
Do I have this 0°09' conjunct my ascendant?
Yes. (I get Aldebaran 0°08' above Asc, but I'm not going to quibble over a minute.)

You also have Algol square MC (0°51') and Asc square Achernar (0°05'), i.e., Achernar on your Zenith.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:02 am

Arena wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:34 am
I have this Aldebaran-Antares opposition on my relocated ASC-DSC.
I wonder if you mean ecliptically (where I still consider it too wide). Your local Asc (depending, of course, on what part of Edinburgh you're in) is 17°50' Taurus which is almost three degrees from those stars, and I wouldn't take them ecliptically anyway.

Mundanely, Aldebaran is 5°25' below your local Asc, Antares 6°58' below Descendant.

I do find Zubenelschmali 0°49' from your local Descendant (and, in case oppositions of stars are important, this star is partile opposite your Moon anyway).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:58 am

President James Garfield was fatally shot with Ascendant square the Aldebaran-Antares axis.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Re: Aldebaran (Alpha Tauri) 15°03' Tau

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:34 am

Neptune conjoined Aldebaran when Mount Vesuvius erupted in 79 AD. While I don't want to get distracted with checking every planet that hits every star, it seems to me that (presuming there is effect in these stars) this crossing is important for an event that had centuries-reaching impact and may eventually assist in identifying the exact astrological nature of Aldebaran.

Conventional mundane astrological methods identified the eruption quite precisely. Just look at the Capsolar, transits to the Capsolar, the CapQ, and the event chart for the hour. Every step of the way, Mars was exactly on an angle - a different angle every time - with the Capsolar setting up a larger, more descriptive template for the year.

However, for the record, Neptune was at 15°47' Taurus with Aldebaran then at 15°01' Taurus. If Aldebaran is indeed primarily of the nature of Mars, the meaning is evident at once. I leave open the possibility that it is more nuanced, e.g., Aldebaran and Antares have quite distinctive symbolism.

FWIW, the only other chart with a planet on this axis in my collection of major volcanoes is the Nevado de Ruiz eruption in 1985 when Moon flitted through 15° Scorpio at the time of eruption. I don't think the axis is related to volcanoes per se, therefore, though Neptune's conjunction with Aldebaran still could have added a distinctive note to the event.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:28 am

If memory is serving me today, I think I have seen the signature or t. Uranus partile cnj Aldebaran when the atomic bomb was dropped on Japan, but I can't remember which SMA charts. I also think I have seen t. Mars/Sun partile cnj 15 degrees Taurus associated with the worst drought in the USA, 1980 I believe. When the malefic planets or the outer planets are partile cnj Aldebaran on the day of Solar Ingresses involving 15 Taurus, we probable need to note. Aldebaran has lots of lore with the ancients.

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:50 am

Jim wrote:

If Aldebaran is indeed primarily of the nature of Mars, the meaning is evident at once. 

Exactly! Based on my personal astrological research (primary with Sidereal Mundane Astrology) I think Aldebaran has much to do with the symbolic factor of extraordinary energy associated with heat! Let me offer an example with Japan's 1945 Capsolar Ingress ( The Master Mundane Chart for Japan's Year) when the first atomic bombs was used in warfare (Mars) against Japan using Tokyo as its Capitol. Also, I will be using Jim's statistical analysis proving the Capsolar Quotidian Charts (daily charts) bear fruit when accurately timing major events to the actual day(s) of the events.

First, lets look at Tokyo's 1945 Capsolar (Tokyo's Master Mundane Chart for 1945):
https://imgur.com/gnuQjFL

We note Uranus culminating and partile conjunct Aldebaran (ecliptically). This Capsolar is screaming to us something of a “sudden unexpected” nature (Uranus) possibly could effect Japan during the year solar year for Tokyo's 1945 Capsolar. Capsolar Uranus is partile 90 Capsolar Venus symbolizing possibilities it could affect Japan's relationships (Venus) on a Mundane (World) stage. Also Capsolar Uranus is partile sextile Pluto indicating the possible manifestation of something 'shocking/extraordinary' (Pluto) manifesting. Of course with 20-20 hind-sight, we can now clearly see the “sudden unexpected (Uranus) shocking/extraordinary” (Pluto) energy unleashed onto the Country of Japan with the dropping of the first atomic bomb's on Japan.

But where is the planetary symbolism for the 'destructive- torturous-sickening' events which happened to the people of Hiroshima (Aug 6 1945) and Nagasaki (Aug 9 1945)? Looking more closely at Tokyo's 1945 Capsolar we see a very rare partile T-Square of Mars-Saturn-Neptune!! There was somewhat a delayed effect for the high government officials of Tokyo to fully realized the destructive nature of what actually the atomic bomb had done to these two cities and its citizens in Japan. News back in those days did not spread as fast as news today! But, on Aug 15 1945, the high government official of Tokyo announced to the World its Country of Japan was Surrendering to the Allied War Forces. Below is Tokyo's Aug 15 1945 Capsolar Quotidian, CapQ; (Daily Progressed Chart):
https://imgur.com/dcFWTgK

Note: CapQ Neptune is partile conjunct CapQ Vertex, partile 90 CapQ Mars & Saturn, reflecting this rare partile t-square born into the World's 1945 Capsolar---the Master Mundane Chart of the Year. In fact, if we were to allow for the delayed effect of this devastating news sinking in for government officials of Tokyo, realizing they had two choices: either surrender or face obliteration---we would notice CapQ Mars sweeping over partile conjunct Tokyo's CapQ MC between the time frame of Aug 6-15 1945, the time when the first atomic bomb fell on Japan and its Country's surrender on Aug 15. IMO, this is remarkable Sidereal Mundane Astrology symbolism, but also possibly more refined clues to the Mundane Astrologer the possible 'extraordinary' Royal Star symbolic effects of Aldebaran with the tremendous devastating (Mars) effects of 'Heat' for the people of Hiroshima & Nagasaki with the Royal Star of Aldebaran symbolized with Tokyo's 1945 Capsolar MC.

Later, I will offer another Sidereal Mundane Solar chart where Aldebaran was wired in timing the worst drought (heat) in America's history.

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:02 am

The worst drought to every hit the modern corn belt in the Midwestern States occurred in the late Spring- Summer of 1980. The State of Iowa produces the most corn of any state so I chose the Capital of Iowa, Des Moines, to calculate a mundane chart when the Sun Ingress to 15 degrees Taurus (Aldebaran) in 1980. This means the Sun partile conjuncts Aldebaran at the middle degree of Taurus at 15 degrees. This 1980 15 degree Taurus Sun Ingress is a remarkable chart with par-excellent planetary symbolism for the Midwestern drought of 1980. But why?? The only rational explanation I can offer is the Star Aldebaran was looked upon by the wise ancients as a very important Star for Mundane purposes. As Jim noted, Aldebaran seems to hold symbolic connections to Mars. Mars symbolizes war, heat, fires, but also Aldebaran seems to have a-lot to do with anything to do with the adverb—'Extraordinary'! Astronomers consider Aldebaran as an extraordinary Star in two main respects: By size Aldebaran is a huge Star and if memory is serving me it is 66 times the size of our Sun and puts out the most heat 2nd to our Sun measured by distance of our Earth to Stars. That is indeed a-lot of heat. Also astronomers have nick-named Aldebaran--'the big red one' for its bright color of red, and the color most associated with red when it comes to our planets in our system—is Mars! Fires are associated with the color red. Wars are associated with the color red for its incinerated association with fires and the shedding of blood. Atomic Bombs are associate with the colors of bright orange/reddish tints, and in the 1945 Tokyo Capsolar (link above) we clearly see how prominently the Star of Aldebaran was featured culminating in partile conjunction with Uranus. If we substitute Aldebaran in Tokyo's 1945 Capsolar with Mars, we have a partile Mars-Uranus conjunction culminating, and Mars-Uranus with Jim's statistical work with Sidereal Mundane Astrology has a-lot to do with explosive fire-like situations. Of course we now know the 'extraordinary' manifestations of the two atomic bombs dropped on Japan in 1945.

Now, what I want to point out with the Des Moines Sun Ingress to 15 degree Taurus, partile conjunct Aldebaran, (link below) Sun/Aldebaran is culminating partile 90 Mars!!! Also, this chart calculates a partile Moon-Saturn 90, probably for the depressing conditions this worst drought in the history of the modern corn belt for the farmers/people of the Midwestern area.

Conclusion: Sidereal Mundane Astrologers should start paying more attention to Aldebaran (15 degree Taurus) in the Sidereal Mundane Astrology charts of the Capsolar (Master Chart of the Year), and the Cansolar; also the chart of the Sun's ingress into 15 degree Taurus--- more so when a planet is 0,90,180 partile aspected to 15 degree Taurus (Aldebaran).

Des Moines, Iowa 1980 Sun Ingress to 15 degree Taurus (Aldebaran).
https://imgur.com/uRaCmZ8
Last edited by SteveS on Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:58 am

There was another city in the world which was completely wiped-out by bombing with 95% of its citizens demise under the same 1945 Capsolar, besides Hiroshima & Nagasaki Japan, but by conventional bombing instead with Atomic bombs. This allied bombing of Dresden Germany was instrumental for the surrender of Germany in WW11.
In four raids between 13 and 15 February 1945, 722 heavy bombers of the British Royal Air Force (RAF) and 527 of the United States Army Air Forces (USAAF) dropped more than 3,900 tons of high-explosive bombs and incendiary devices on the city.[1] The bombing and the resulting firestorm destroyed over 1,600 acres (6.5 km2) of the city centre.[2] An estimated 22,700[3] to 25,000[4]people were killed, although larger casualty figures have been claimed. 
So, we can again clearly see the “extraordinary” incendiary forces which wiped-out these 3 cities when 1945 Capsolar Uranus was partile cnj 1945 Capsolar Aldebaran (ecliptically). Again we see Aldebaran symbolically acting as a super Mars effect with its partile conjunction with Uranus, timing the 1945 Capsolar year when Germany & Japan both surrendered to the Allied forces with 'extraordinary' highly explosive incendiary bombing devices.

Berlin, the Capital of Germany featured its mundo Capsolar Uranus 1,55 conjunct with Berlin's Capsolar Asc. But the most striking Sidereal Mundane Astrology chart for the obliteration of Dresden Germany and its citizens was the Feb 14 1945 Capsolar Quotidian (CapQ), a daily chart. Link # 1 is Dresden's Feb 14 1945 CapQ:
Link # 1: https://imgur.com/NYzBq3K

Note: Dresden's CapQ Mars partile 180 CapQ Saturn, partile conjunct CapQ horizon, both partile t-squaring CapQ Neptune. Again, we see a Capsolar (Master Mundane Chart of the Year) with its progressed daily Quotidians precisely time to the exact day(s) the total destruction of a city (Dresden).

Ebertin writes about the 'Principle' for the combo of Mars-Saturn configurations:
Harmful or destructive energy.
Folks, at times, we are certainly dealing with a mysterious Science of Sidereal Mundane Astrology timing major World events with the Star in our solar system (Our Sun) involving calculation by precise transits with Cardinal Sidereal Solar Ingresses, and ecliptical planetary aspects with the Star Aldebaran in the Universe outside our Solar System. I know this: Until I pass away or my astrological mind is wiped out by aged senility, I will always pay close attention to the Sidereal Zodiac degree of Aldebaran at 15 Taurus with the two main Solar Ingresses for Sidereal Mundane Astrology—the Capsolar & Cansolar! Again, IMO, at times, Aldebaran has something to do with 'extraordinary' events relative to Sidereal Mundane Astrology! And Jim has written a free book for its members on this forum interested in Sidereal Mundane Astrology.

Article about the complete destruction of Dresden, Germany:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_o ... rld_War_II

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:32 am

The most destructive explosion on earth in the past 10,000 years was the eruption of an obscure volcano in Indonesia called Mount Tambora. More than 13,000 feet high, Tambora blew up in 1815 and blasted 12 cubic miles of gases, dust and rock into the atmosphere and onto the island of Sumbawa and the surrounding area. Impact: Reduced global temperatures, with the following year, 1816, called the Year Without a Summer.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1815_erup ... nt_Tambora

I have previously suggested the Sidereal Mundane Astrologer may consider allowing Aldebaran (15 degree Taurus) it own special sensitive point in the Capsolar (Master Mundane Chart of the Year), Cansolar, and the Sun's transit to 15 degree Taurus as a special type Sidereal Mundane Astrology chart--but only when we see planets partile 0,90,180 Aldebaran (15 degree Taurus); with the symbolic criteria Aldebaran is representing some type 'extraordinary explosive' Mars type Star in the Sidereal Zodiac.

Below is a link to the 1815 Capsolar for the coordinates for Mount Tambora. Although 15 degree Taurus (Aldebaran) is not angular in this 1815 Capsolar, note the tight conjunction of Mars & Uranus in Scorpio with Mars partile 180 Aldebaran. In April 1815 when the eruption of Tambora occurred, t. Uranus was partile conjunct Capsolar Mars and partile 180 Aldebaran.

https://imgur.com/XsGzfvv

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:31 pm

Before the atomic bombs were dropped on Hiroshima & Nagasaki, Tokyo was bombed with incinerator bombs which is known as the 'the single most destructive bombing raid in human history' of any one city including the atomic bombs.
The Bombing of Tokyo (東京大空襲 Tōkyōdaikūshū) was a series of firebombing air raids by the United States Army Air Forces during the Pacific campaigns of World War II. Operation Meetinghouse, which was conducted on the night of 9–10 March 1945, is regarded as the single most destructive bombing raid in human history.[1] 16 square miles (41 km2) of central Tokyo were destroyed, leaving an estimated 100,000 civilians dead and over 1 million homeless.
The Operation Meetinghouse firebombing of Tokyo on the night of 9 March 1945 was the single deadliest air raid of World War II,[27] greater than Dresden,[28] Hamburg, Hiroshima, or Nagasaki as single events.[29][30]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Tokyo

Jim writes from his Sidereal Mundane Astrology book:
Mars-Uranus:
This aspect is explosive! It incites startling, explosive violence. BOMBS: Literal explosions. Mars joined to Uranus is a pairing every astrologer will recognize as a mark of explosive violence.
Jim also writes in this thread:
Ptolemy said Aldebaran is like Mars. He knew it as Lampadias, "the Torch." If Aldebaran is indeed primarily of the nature of Mars, the meaning is evident at once. 
Again, I post the below link of Tokyo's 1945 Capsolar (Master Mundane Chart of the Year) showing Uranus partile conjunct Aldebaran at 15 degree Taurus—culminating! When we substitute a symbolic 'extraordinary' Mars for the position of Aldebaran (15 degree Taurus) in Tokyo's 1945 Capsolar, our minds begin to see an 'extraordinary' Mars-Uranus combo culminating for the worst bombing in the human history of a Country.
Tokyo's 1945 Capsolar:
https://imgur.com/9J8g0LB

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:40 pm

In the Egyptian Celestial Diagrams, as they were called of the New Empire period (c.
1500 to 1200 B.C.) it was usual for the scribes to represent the stars
by five-pointed devices called determinatives, but in one of the
Rameside diagrams, Aldebaran is shown as an eight-pointed star of unusual proportions! 
Cyril Fagan