Mars in Libra

Q&A and discussion on outer planet sign transits, current aspects, and their impact on mass behavior.
Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Mars in Libra

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:51 am

Mars enters Libra tomorrow, and will remain there November 11 through December 26. I would like to monitor the loudest headlines everyday to see how this expresses, as I've done for the last seven weeks with Mars in Virgo.

Surely its most visible will be in the House of Representatives' opening of public hearings on the impeachment of President Trump. The primary newsworthy inquiry (akin to a grand jury) was almost to the day defined by Mars in Virgo. Now it will continue as an inquiry but more resemble a trial. Current public estimates are that the impeachment hearings, beginning November 13, will "be done by Christmas," and Mars will be in Libra November 11 to December 26!
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Re: Mars in Libra

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:01 am

Other themes of Libra can be expected to be in the news as well. We'll eventually see these from observation, not from conjecture, but I'd like to start with a list of themes we might expect. I'll add them in this post as they clarify in my mind.

Slower outer planet passages through Libra have seemed to mark a dawn of a new era; or, at least, that's how Donald Bradley sometimes interpreted Libra's "place of the rising Sun" imagery in his mundane forecasts. This is probably also themed to Libra's style of futurism which center on hope for a better, more idealistic world.

Polarization: I don't know how it can get much more acute than it's been, but I mention this to preload our thinking - especially since it plays into compatible Uranus in Aries themes.

Antipathies & alliances: Obvious stuff in terms of foreign relations, diplomacy, and efforts at compromise (but maybe more, outside of "foreign relations" category). A specific expression we might expect is failure in peace efforts. Other planets in Libra have played up more extreme expressions of either-or or "opposing teams" thinking.

The arts: Will there be a front page level attack on the arts? Or Mars themes infusing the arts? It will be interesting to watch for these.

Social values, especially with respect to love and sex: These may be Mars-infused for the next six or seven weeks. Maybe some kind of renewed combat over marriage laws. As a related theme, women's rights, especially on matters of female empowerment.

I'll add my standard Mars in Libra interpretation for natal astrology:
Warm, sociable, likable. Independent, self-sufficient, survivors (slow to ask for help). Persistent, serious, intent. Interesting, odd (disreputable?), on outskirts. Ego distinction prevails over ego-submersion (but wants marriage). Passion for social justice. Feminine thrives better than masculine (feminist). Women aggressively protect families, friends (power, impact). Men struggle with gender expectations (some bullies). Substance abuse problems.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com