Mars in Libra sign project

Q&A and discussion on the meanings of the Zodiacal Constellations, Sun and Moon sign-meanings, etc.
Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Mars in Libra sign project

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:19 am

Welcome to the Mars in Libra discussions project, which will run October 18 - November 17, 2019 (and then will remain around in case people want to revisit it in the future). Please gather your list of Mars in Libra people (especially those you know personally) and join us.

Here are Mars in Libra interpretive resources on the forum:
Primary section: https://www.solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=32#p121
Garth Allen: https://www.solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=33#p136

Mars in Libra has similarities to and differences from Sun in Virgo. To help discern these similarities and differences, here is a link to the earlier Sun in Libra discussion: https://www.solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1709

My current concise summary of Mars in Libra (always subject to change) reads:
Warm, sociable, likable. Independent, self-sufficient, survivors (slow to ask for help). Persistent, serious, intent. Interesting, odd (disreputable?), on outskirts. Ego distinction prevails over ego-submersion (but wants marriage). Passion for social justice. Feminine thrives better than masculine (feminist). Women aggressively protect families, friends (power, impact). Men struggle with gender expectations (some bullies). Substance abuse problems.
Here on Solunars, people with Mars in Libra include James Condor, Freya, Jupiter Sets at Dawn, and others that haven't been seen in a while, such as Gerry456, Icarus, Sharona, Bob Oz, and Oriole.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Re: Mars in Libra sign project

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:47 am

I have natal Mars in Libra. One thing I would add to your interpretation is "does not want to impose." It's a big reason I'm slow to ask for help. It may seem a subtle hair-splitting, but it's not. It's a basic drive.

I don't want to impose, and I would rather not feel obligated to anyone. Other people trying to impose expectations, especially social obligations, on me feels like they're trying to claw the soul out of my body. There's probably more to this than just Mars position since it's so at odds to my Leo Sun opposing Jupiter across the horizon.

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:23 am

Both of my parents had Mars in Libra and I'd say both had that trait - though I'd always taken it as simply a typical small town Midwest point of view. (Like Dad never taking sugar in his ice tea after growing up during sugar rationing: "You don't go visit somebody's house and use up their sugar.")

Looking down a list of people I know best, Scorpio-Cap friend with Mars in Libra definitely fits. (For her, I think it's a variation of Scorpio's not wanting to have or show weakness - ah, wait, that does sound a great deal like what one might theoretically get from a debilitated Mars.) There is also the Mars in Libra tendency to be the "black sheep," the odd one left out - perhaps the explanation is not that they are uncomfortable / unfamiliar / awkward around matters of reciprocity and "balance" - that's consistent with the "don't want to be in debt" etc. (Both sides of what you stated, Jupe, could be seen as an uncomfortable "things have to be equal" sort of thing - at least, it seems so from the outside. Does that ring true for you? I know a Leo-Taurus with Mars in Libra who is incredibly giving but does strike me as not willing to accept help he hasn't paid for somehow (a pride thing? or...?). OMG, I just noticed a double Scorpio who you can see practically measuring in her head how much one person owes the other in a relationship and what she thinks it would take to make things equal.

Of course, three of the six U.S. presidents with Mars in Libra were murdered, and two of the others died in office. Not sure what that means, but it jumped out at me.

Jupe, that's what I can see from the charts on file where I know enough to make some observations. Does any of this strike home for you? And (separate question) does any of it seem to provide a larger context (more generalized principle) for the particular traits you mentioned?
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:58 pm

I don't like "owing" people according to other people, and I don't like owing people according to myself, and when you accept help from other people and also when you help other people, they see it as obligating you to either give help in return or to accept help in return.

It's not showing weakness, and it's not not understanding reciprocity. It's not wanting the obligation in either direction.

I think that's what I see with the Republican tendency toward isolationism. We don't need help from anybody (strongest military in the world!) and if we give aid to another country, it's because we want to, not because we owe them anything, especially not because we have resources they don't. We are not obligated. Do not tell us we have to send aid to war-torn anywhere, or earthquake-ravaged where-ever.

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:11 am

(This is now consolidated from the posts that ended up in a different thread.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com