Eris

Q&A and discussion on the Planets.
Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Eris

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu May 11, 2017 5:55 pm

(Nov 24, 2013)

I've been watching Eris for about a year now. Although initially I saw some patterns and possible meanings, the process of watching day by day - including return charts and, especially, day-to-day transits - has left me doubting that I saw anything authentic.

Nonetheless, I'll use this thread to download my notes so that I can delete them elsewhere and be done with the subject for the foreseeable future.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Transits to my Eris

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu May 11, 2017 5:56 pm

I just ran through over a dozen of the most important dates in my life. Not one of them had any planet within a degree of conjunct, opposite, or square my natal Eris.

Adding tracking as aspects occur:

1/14/13 - t. ME -90- s. ERI
Awoke (near the hour this was exact) to find a kind of chaos on one of my forums. Discussion was wild, progressive, spinning into what felt like rockslide risks, and I rather fiercely jumped in to wrangle with it. Continued most of the day.

1/7/13 - t. JU -45- s. ERI
I think this was the extensive clearing and reordering of things a few hours before this was exact: something along the lines of "resolving chaos.

1/25/13 - t. MA -45- r. ERI
Coworker (who normally doesn't bother me) was invasive, disruptive, making it hard to concentrate on what I was doing. Very aggravating for a while.

2/25/13 - t. SU -45- s. ERI
Chaos in the air! Swirling juggling acts of scheduling rearrangements involving numerous VIP parties. (Notice how SSR Eris seems to refer to "chaos in the environment." It's quite different from the internal chaos of r. Eris.)

3/24/13 - t. ME -45- s. ERI
Morning of restoring servers etc. at CC (after annual building power-down). One power strip went out, causing the SAN switch not to come up, and it took a while to find this. "Chaos" is too strong, but I needed to sort through a lot of data and possibilities to figure out what went wrong and then fix it. (ME-ERI was exact while this was happening.)

3/24/13 - t. MA -0- r. ERI
(Same day as the server issue above, but peaking a few hours later when I was on my way home. Not sure exactly what this meant; and notice that r. ERI can be different from s. ERI. My body was strained, negligible sleep, I was pulling together a speech speech, but nothing distinctive comes to mind.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Eris transits to USA luminaries

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu May 11, 2017 5:57 pm

Eris has made the following conjunctions, oppositions, and squares to the USA Sun or Moon:

Sun - opposite Jan 29, 1781 thru Nov 6, 1782 (5 aspects)

Moon - conjunct Mar 28, 1836 thru Dec 15, 1838 (aspects)

Sun - square June 1, 1984 thru Feb 4, 1989
Second Reagan term, roughly (carrying into Bush slightly)
Iran-Contra
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Transits by Eris

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu May 11, 2017 5:58 pm

LBJ for JFK's assassination / becoming President
t. Eris conjunct r. Saturn 0°09', but also t. Jupiter conj. r. Saturn 0°05'

1/31/13 - t. ERI -90- r. MC
A friend: Birth of son he is adopting. 23' ap.

1/31/13 - t. ERI -180- r. UR
His wife: Birth of son she is adopting. 40' ap.

4/8/13 - t. ERI -0- s. ERI
Gave lecture at Venice bookstore and we were taken by surprise by the setup - no separation from the main store, small space, lots of distractions, no podium, just a few chairs to sit and converse. I was atypically thrown, felt I had a hard time getting traction on the talk until about halfway through. Was having bad allergic reactions (skin flaring up), so took a Benadryl soon before starting and this probably contributed to the effect. - My first impression was that this wasn't enough "chaos" to count for the transit, though, on reflection, I realized that I an never thrown giving a talk in almost any circumstances.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Eris angularity - Solunars & Quotidians

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu May 11, 2017 5:59 pm

1/6/13 - SNQ2 - t. Eris on IC. (Concurrently, t. ME -90- r. ERI, with t. JU a day short of -45- s. ERI.)
Unclear about this, since we're still only guessing on what is relevant. One thing of notice is that, the day before, under a Sedna quotidian, I completed my chapter [for Pearls of Wisdom] on Nuit, and under the Eris crossing I focussed mostly on Hadit, and completed that and the RHK sections (intro chapter for new book). Generally got a lot of writing done (including much on UFOs, True Will, and other topics on the forum) and posted notice of completion of the "Gods of Thelema" chapter on Facebook fan page.
NB - There is a "translation of obscure languages, rendering things into comprehensible and accessible form" theme that I found with natal Moon-Eris aspects. This is a really close match to what I did in writing about the Thelemic pantheon - rendering difficult, obscure ideas into accessible, comprehensible form.

1/25/13 - SNQ2 - t. ERI sq. Asc, t. ME-SA sq. MC
1/25/13 - SQ - r. ERI sq. MC, r. SED on WP, r. NE on EP
"Chaos in the environment" might be a fair statement. A co-worker who normally doesn't bother e was non-stop talking, invading, derailing what I was working on, etc.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Eris in synastry

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu May 11, 2017 6:00 pm

Of the 10 most important women in my life, my natal Eris makes a partile conjunction, opposition, or square with only two of them: the Venus of one of the least important of them, and the Mars of one of the most important. It is within two degrees of opposition to the Moon of one of the four most important. The fact that the planets engaged in these sexual relationships were all sex-related planets is interesting, and seems to suggest that, if it means anything at all, it's not incompatible with that type of relationship.

My friends mostly would say that the long-term relationship with the woman whose Moon opposes my Eris was one of the poorer choices of my life. However, if they're right, there were more conventional and simple astrological explanations for that.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Natal Mercury-Eris aspects

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu May 11, 2017 6:01 pm

I notice that the women I have known with this aspect (not at all limited to those with whom I've been "involved") are pretty close to the definition of "sexually loose." It's not just that they're sexually active. It's that they are truly promiscuous in the, "<shrug> I think this is the fast food I'll get, since I'm driving past" sort of way.

At the very least, most of the men and women I know best who have this are "sexually easy," and they "get around."

They also have a sassy, think-for-themselves way through life. (Though sometimes they do shock tactics, I think it's just to establish that they are acting on their own and making their own decisions - in case anyone has any doubts about that.)

Possibly (and tied into this), there is a certain business mentality that thinks on its own. It doesn't feel like a "thinks outside the box" in the usual sense, but more like they are very efficient on thinking "inside the box" - incorporating facts and evidence, etc. - and analytically leaping to significant, persistent successes. Examples: Donald Trump, Warren Buffett, Cyril Fagan, Chesley Sullenbergber (out-of-the-box skill!), Marie Curie, Michael J. Fox. It's not that they aren't intuitive (most of them are) - it's that they are pursuing their goals through consistent research, effort, persistence, skill, etc.

REPRESENTATIVE EXAMPLES (partile hard aspects): Nicholas Cage, Diahann Carroll, Judy Garland, Charlton Heston, Lord Byron, Czar Alexander I, King Fuad I (Egypt), King Francis I (France), Humphrey Davy, Ian Brady, Nine Hartley, Martina Navratilova
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Mars-Eris natal aspects

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:14 pm

Presidents with this aspect include George Washington, Bill Clinton, and James Buchanan. (The first two of these also are known to be highly sex-motivated, and the third was at least sexually-social an outlier for his time (being surely America's first semi-openly gay president). Besides that, I think their characteristics are all over the map.)

Among the famous, there's a lot of "breakout" creativity and effectiveness. Consider Bill Gates, Henry Kissinger, John Lennon, Warren Buffett, and others - even Whitney Houston and Rick Perry should be considered.

REPRESNTATIVE EXAMPLES: Gary Duncan, Pres. George Washington, Pres. Bill Clinton, Pres. James Buchanan, Montgomery Cliff, Charles Bronson, Tammy Wynette, Josephine Baker, Maurice Ravel, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Victor Hugo, Samuel Johnson, Alfred Lord Tennyson, Oscar Wile [and an unusually large collection of literary figures in general], Gustav Eiffel, Rev. Billy Graham

Last bumped by Jim Eshelman on Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:14 pm.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com